new lineup: Diop, Dirk, Wallace, Howard, Kidd
backup: PJ Brown, Najara, Stack, George, Barea

just some thoughts
areluba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2007, 01:57 AM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Gerald Wallace is a FA, and I seriously doubt they'd do JET and Damp for Kidd.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:22 AM   #3
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say something like Damp, JET, and Josh for Kidd, Antoine Wright and Hassan Adams would be a lot more likely. The Nets aren't going to trade Kidd for an overrated, undersized shooting guard who has already peaked and a seriously overpaid center (though I feel he is underrated).

You can't get a great player like Kidd without trading away a great player. I'd say the Nets would pull the trigger on the second scenario IF Carter doesn't re-sign..
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:55 AM   #4
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Kidd's value is not that high.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:27 AM   #5
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

yeah - kidd is old as dirt and still has a huge contract - im sure the knicks would (at least) consider it. if im the mavs im not sure if i want that unless i can get kidd with only a 1 year contract and then dump him next season when our finley contract runs out and we will have capspace.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:07 PM   #6
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

Kidd for Jet is an upgrade, a pass first PG is what the mavs need right now. He would be a great compliment for josh and dirk , and he can play some Defense
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:46 AM   #7
areluba

areluba is on a distinguished road

Nets can't really make deep playoff run because their post players are weak, so I think the key of this deal is that Nets wants a true center. (and some rumor about Jason Kidd's family issue might help the deal too.) We can even sign and trade Croshere along w/ JET and Dampier.

New line up for Nets: Dampier, Krstic, Jefferson, Carter, Terry

Jefferson and Carter can also sharing the ball, so they probably can afford having Terry at PG when running offense
areluba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:38 AM   #8
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

God I want Gerald Wallace

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote