Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 05-31-2007, 10:05 AM   #1
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute
Default the Mainstream Media, Lately

Generally speaking, I very much agree with anyone that the mainstream media sucks as a source of news and analysis....call it a liberal bias or whatever you like, the mainstream media has long been a poor source.

but just lately..............i'm talking the last year or so.........

has anyone else noticed a huge spike in, shall we say, "celebrity news"????

I'm flipping through the Tube last night at prime time -- say 7:30 or 8:00, and here are the news stories on the major news outlets:

CNN - Lindsay Lohan;
Fox - Rosie O'donnell;
Headline News - Ms. USA's stumble at the Ms. Universe Pageant;
MSNBC - Ms. USA.....

And this wasn't terribly unusual -- I see a stream of stories about Alec Baldwin and Brittany Spears and Lindsay friggin' Lohan....it's been a week since a fat lesbian comedian blew her cool on a some stupid house-frau show. why is this big time national news?

It's like all of these tv news outlets are channeling E.....has anyone else noticed this?
Old 05-31-2007, 11:26 AM   #2
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

It's been there for a long time, but it does seem to be getting worse.
I don't usually bother with the tv for news anymore.
While it's true that anyone can write anything ont he internet, I'd much rather hear unsubstantiated opinions and stories on news that interests me than the cold hard facts about people whose lives have nothing to do with mine.
Celebrities can all go jump in a lake. I don't care which of them are married, have babies, get divorced, have affairs, get DWIs, go to jail, develop a new line of garbage. It's all a bunch of hooey. The only celebrity news I catch is what I glance at when I sign out of hotmail and even then it's almost enough to make me change email accounts.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:55 AM   #3
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure you guys already know this but...

It's because the American people want to know about celebrities...and what better way for the news to get better ratings than change their news formats or whatever to fit what they think the Americans want to watch.

and no shit, i effing hate linsay lohan..she is a no talent ass clown, and i am sick of hearing about here, quit bringing it up, and show me news that actually affects us.

They don't even mention the war anymore, unless it is negative, like soldiers dieing.

AND then they follow that up with some celebrity bullshit...

What is this world coming to?
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:05 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

It's just a natural progression of the tv news becoming irrelevant. Online is where news is now. I mean when cbs promotes fake papers to make political points, their relevance is gone.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 05-31-2007 at 12:05 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote