Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-27-2007, 07:39 PM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default Amare A Hawk With Joe Johnson?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett is close to going to the Phoenix Suns in a monumental three-way trade that would send Phoenix forward Amare Stoudemire to the Atlanta Hawks, league sources said Wednesday.

Atlanta would move the Nos. 3 and 11 picks in Thursday's draft, as well as Zaza Pachulia and Anthony Johnson, to Minnesota.

Minnesota owner Glen Taylor has delivered a mandate to his basketball executives to get a deal done, one league executive said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My comments on this. First of all the Lakers are busting their butt after Garnett, offering Bynum, Odom and the 19th pick and McHale says no, not enough. So Boston and Phx came back in the picture...

This is about as even a trade i have heard with all three teams. The biggest being Atlanta as all their eggs are in one basket with Amare. Amare has a great point guard that feeds him the ball perfectly but i also feel Amare has some of the very best skills in the nba and he is young. Personally, "I WOULD NEVER" get rid of Amare. Speaking of young franchise players you are talking like guys of Lebron, Amare, Wade and Dwight Howard. To me, these guys are untouchables.

Now, if this deal pans out, Phx needs to win a title. They are going all out with Nash/Marion/Garnett to win a title and now. Garnett is great but Amare is a monster inside. Garnett "is not" a monster inside. You win inside and i am not saying Phx can't win a title because they can, but Amare puts up huge numbers as well as Garnett. Is this trade off good? Garnett is maybe 8 years older or so. As great as Kevin Garnett is and he is great, i do not trade Amare to get him. This is just me and i know most would make this trade and go for short term in the next 2 years and be done.

I also like this "finally" for Atlanta. They always suck on their drafts and trades. This is scarry, because it seems to always happen. I haven't watched Atlanta but i know Joe Johnson is good but Diaw turned out to be very good. Amare with Johnson will be good and now they must fill in around them. Atlanta is also talking to seattle about their point guard. He is good sometimes, sometimes he isn't but he probably would be good feeding Amare.

Atlanta is giving up alot, the number 3, 11, Johnson(got from us) and Zaza but seriously, Amare would dunk any of those college players thru the basket. What is good about Amare that you can't teach, he will run thru a brick wall with no fear. He will not back down from contact and if you challenge him, he will either dunk you thru the basket or you will stop him, no inbetween. Most college players and most nba players are soft, he isn't.

I do really like Atlanta's picks. Al Horford and this guy from China. I have seen the guy from China play and i really like him. Phx wants him. One play, Gasol dunked over him, next time down, he blew by Gasol and dunked on him. He can shoot also. This is hard and Billy Knight makes the call. Amare or all these draft pix.

I also like what MN has done. Garnett will not win a title in MN and MN will rot away as well Garnett. Now MN gets Zaza, a 3rd string point, and the 3 and 11th pick. They can get two young good players at 3 and 11. I like it.

This is good for all three teams but i know it is just me but if i was Phx, i would not get rid of Amare. Is he 100%. maybe he isn't but he looks like 100% to me.

This is interesting to see if the deal goes thru. Garentt and MN is going to be dealing with LA, Phx, Boston or Atlanta or all of them. It keeps going back and forth between these four teams.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2007, 08:52 PM   #2
RingTheBell

RingTheBell will become famous soon enoughRingTheBell will become famous soon enough

Jim Gray just reported the Hawks never had a chance because the Suns were "not contacted". Evidently the Wolves and the Hawks tried to get this to work on their own. A trade of Amare "isn't even on the radar."
RingTheBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:17 PM   #3
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingTheBell
Jim Gray just reported the Hawks never had a chance because the Suns were "not contacted". Evidently the Wolves and the Hawks tried to get this to work on their own. A trade of Amare "isn't even on the radar."
link? I saw this rumor posted on another board and the poor guy who posted it got lit up by fans calling B.S.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:08 PM   #4
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

This deal makes a lot more sense, it seems more fair with all three teams getting something very good in return. It doesn't seem like a move the Suns would make though, but I donno.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:19 PM   #5
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I agree Nashty. It is fair and good for all three teams. I would do this if i am Atlanta and if i am MN. Atlanta is giving up alot but Amare is alot.

Phx must really study this and isn't Marion's contract up soon? Next year or so? It would have to be talks again at that time, can Phx keep him? That is a great 3some in Nash/Garhett/Marion but is is also with Amare.

It is almost like a trade off with Amare/Garnett. Amare inside, Garnett outside and with Nash i know Garnett can and will score inside more. Amare is young. The Suns need to go all out and try to win the title if they make this trade. Diaw, Bell is good. Jones is fair. It is talks now of Kurt Thomas being traded to move up higher in tomorrow's draft.

If i am MN/Atlanta, i say yes and i probably would not do this if i am Phx but i do not fault them if they do. I know how great Garnett is but they would give up one of the best young players in the league.

I looked around and was like why does so many teams want to move up in this draft, into the late first round, mid second round? I dug around and have read, been watching and it is a ton of talent this year. Some of these guys at 20 or back could equal the top few draft pix of last year.

Maybe soon we will know about Garnett but i do not see him staying in MN. It would be no benefit for him to and the only reason for MN to hang on, is to sell tickets to the game and know, we are just playing regular season ball, where with him, he is their ticket to get younger and more talent and good talent, plus move outrageous contracts, like Hudson. Phx has one also named Marcus Banks.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:30 PM   #6
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Why? They must know something about his knees that no one else does...
Old 06-27-2007, 11:57 PM   #7
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

I did think of Amares knees. That has come to my mind.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:09 AM   #8
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

That's the only way Amare gets moved is if there is something wrong with his knees. If he's healthy why on earth do you trade him? It makes no sense. He's untradeable. I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the league. He's a big man who plays BIG. He's a great player and an all star if not superstar. Why trade this? It just makes no sense if his knees are gone and honestly I find that hard to believe after watching him play last season.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:08 PM   #9
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i would not do this if i was PHX, that being said maybe its good for us mavs fans..even so garnett is still a monster though
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:17 PM   #10
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so apparently this deal was killed by Atlanta's bickering ownership. At what point does David Stern step in and declare the Hawks bad for the NBA--and just yank their franchise away? They are the laughing stock of the league, even more than Isaiah Thomas.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote