Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-24-2007, 09:55 PM   #1
xenonvisions

xenonvisions is on a distinguished road
Default Fantasy Football League

I got a fantasy football league (yahoo) that I started up and need some players.

It's pretty competitive and I wanted to get some more peeps from this forum. It's free and its worth a shot, so join!!

PM me for League password

yahoo id: 428825
password: xenon

Last edited by xenonvisions; 09-02-2007 at 10:01 AM.
xenonvisions is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2007, 10:57 PM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good to me. I just PMed you, Xenon...
Old 08-25-2007, 01:12 PM   #3
xenonvisions

all pms responded...ill go ahead and post league id and password here:

please join!!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:31 AM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to join...but already have the Max number of teams....sorry, x.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:18 PM   #5
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sike, this league is definitely still open (I just checked) and currently only has nine teams...
Old 09-01-2007, 07:21 PM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Sike, this league is definitely still open (I just checked) and currently only has nine teams...
are you sure you want me to dog trash you in two leagues??!!!

well ok!

a new account with yahoo...just to battle evil in this league...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 09-01-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:27 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

hey...is this an auto draft??? I don't see a draft time.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:04 PM   #8
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
hey...is this an auto draft??? I don't see a draft time.
That's what I was asking about today in that league's comments section. I would assume that Xenon hasn't set a date on the Yahoo yet, and that's why it doesn't reveal a draft time, but I'm not sure...

[edit] And I just sent Xenon a PM inquiring about the matter, so hopefully we'll find ourselves an answer forthwith... [edit]

Last edited by Evilmav2; 09-01-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #9
sike
The Preacha

well you're no help then.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:25 PM   #10
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Did you guys not notice that I'm this league? Man, masochists, all of you.

I just got done dominating a draft full of evident newbies. I drafted no less than NINE running backs. They kept letting them fall to me. Let's see...from the 7 draft order I have:

Frank Gore
Brian Westbrook
Edge James
Brandon Jacobs
Thomas Jones
Adrian Peterson
DeAngelo Williams
Jerious Norwood
Brandon Jackson

Interspersed with those cold-blooded and eager marauders I have:

Terrell Owens
Steve Smith
Lee Evans

and to rack up the ridiculous passing stats, Jon Kitna.

Let them all crowd around my royal feet for trade offers. Hahaha!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:39 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

woah...I just called the cops and reported you as a sex offender...

Old 09-01-2007, 09:45 PM   #12
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

That's a pretty nasty draft there, Mr. Chumdawg...
Old 09-01-2007, 09:55 PM   #13
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I have to admit, once they started screwing around (one guy drafted Jerome Shockey in the second round), I had a fever, and the only thing that would stop it was...more cowbell!

Once I saw those beautiful and deadly running backs forming a phalanx on my squad and promising a bountiful harvest like none other, my bloodlust could not be satiated. I drove the dagger deep into their unsuspecting, unworthy hearts.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #14
sike
The Preacha

keep us up to date on the trade offers....because this league might be so dumb that they don't even realize you have all the backs...

Old 09-01-2007, 10:22 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

oh...and what the heck are you doing wasting your time in such a ridiculous league??!!

if this is how you feel good about yourself...I feel more sorry for you than I already did.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:24 PM   #16
chumdawg
Guru

I let the game come to me, sike. I let the game come to me.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #17
sike
The Preacha

did you join the special needs girl scout league again?

Old 09-01-2007, 10:41 PM   #18
chumdawg
Guru

I guess maybe I did, true. But, I'm not too proud to steal candy from a baby when it comes to FF!

(I hope I haven't hit a nerve here.)
Old 09-02-2007, 10:01 AM   #19
xenonvisions

sorry for this late response...

we need one more team to join and afterwards I will set a autodraft time..
Old 09-02-2007, 12:27 PM   #20
sike
The Preacha

why autodraft!!! NONONONONO

Old 09-02-2007, 02:06 PM   #21
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

I concur with Sikey. If it is at all possible to hold a live draft, I would be very much in favor of doing such...
Old 09-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #22
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

lol autodraft..

get out now

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:20 AM   #23
xenonvisions

alright the draft has been changed to LIVE...its at Tuesday at 1:45 pm (yahoo doesnt give that many time to choose time slots from, especially since the season starts Thursday)

Your live online draft is set for Tue Sep 4 1:45pm CDT [ Add to My Calendar ], which is 1 day, 13 hours, and 26 minutes from now (test your system). Please arrive at least 10 minutes early since your draft will start promptly at the assigned time. You can rank your players up until 45 minutes before your draft.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:24 AM   #24
sike
The Preacha

I actually can do tuesday at 1:45....but I bet a ton of other players will be strapped with work...nothing later on after 8:30?

Old 09-03-2007, 11:52 AM   #25
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

I can do that as well...
Old 09-04-2007, 03:54 PM   #26
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I actually can do tuesday at 1:45....but I bet a ton of other players will be strapped with work...nothing later on after 8:30?
Good draft. I thought your loading up on defenses and kickers was an interesting strategy ...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 09-04-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:49 PM   #27
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Good draft. I thought your loading up on defenses and kickers was an interesting strategy ...
screw me...I totally forgot.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:03 PM   #28
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Ha
Old 10-21-2007, 01:50 AM   #29
xenonvisions

Default current standing as of 10/21

1. Vikings 6-0-0 1.000 487.72 W-6 7 14
2. Top Class Patriots 5-1-0 .833 555.74 W-5 3 6
3. TheSikedelics 3-3-0 .500 418.52 L-2 5 8
4. Evil Ascendant 3-3-0 .500 405.49 L-1 1 19
5. Next? 3-3-0 .500 399.86 W-2 9 10
6. Bi-Xenons 3-3-0 .500 378.52 W-1 6 3
7. Big Pimpin 3-3-0 .500 367.55 W-2 4 -
8. 10 inch upside 2-4-0 .333 403.35 L-3 2 -
9. Transformers 1-5-0 .167 377.35 L-4 10 9
10. I'ma_Whoop_Yo_Ass 1-5-0 .167 367.21 L-4 8

vikings on a hot streak..
xenonvisions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:52 AM   #30
chumdawg
Guru

What you know about those Vikings?
Old 10-21-2007, 02:01 AM   #31
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

You have a hell of a team in this league, CD. Drafting Addai and Manning together should be illegal, Edgerrin has been steady as a rock, and the FA pickup of Anderson was very strong (I ignored him because I thought he was a flash in the pan after he blew up in week 2, and I've suffered in every league I'm competing in with my weaponless-Schaub/inept-Rivers QB combo). You are definitely the prohibitive favorite to win the league, but beware the inevitable benchings of Colts during the playoff weeks...
Old 10-21-2007, 02:24 AM   #32
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
You have a hell of a team in this league, CD. Drafting Addai and Manning together should be illegal, Edgerrin has been steady as a rock, and the FA pickup of Anderson was very strong (I ignored him because I thought he was a flash in the pan after he blew up in week 2, and I've suffered in every league I'm competing in with my weaponless-Schaub/inept-Rivers QB combo). You are definitely the prohibitive favorite to win the league, but beware the inevitable benchings of Colts during the playoff weeks...
You will not be that surprised, then, when I trade them for Packers in the stretch run.

My team is well suited for regular season success, much like Avery Johnson's Mavericks, but is very ill prepared for the post season, again like the inexperienced rookie coach. If I have any designs on the title I will have to make changes. I can only hope, for my own selfish sake, that Avery Johnson realizes the same about himself.

Last edited by chumdawg; 10-21-2007 at 02:24 AM.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:28 AM   #33
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
What you know about those Vikings?
They can run the ball like freaking crazy.

They can't defend the pass.

It's going to be a freaking blow out. Cowboys 42-21

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-21-2007 at 02:28 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:34 AM   #34
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
You will not be that surprised, then, when I trade them for Packers in the stretch run.

My team is well suited for regular season success, much like Avery Johnson's Mavericks, but is very ill prepared for the post season, again like the inexperienced rookie coach. If I have any designs on the title I will have to make changes. I can only hope, for my own selfish sake, that Avery Johnson realizes the same about himself.
Those sound like wise moves. The kinds of moves that current #2 Patriots-loving 'Top Class Patriots', in his Patriot's-loving fashion should prove to be unwilling or unable to make before the end of the season... I just can't help but chuckle while thinking about what's going to happen to that squad in our league's playoffs once the division and home-field advantage is wrapped up for Brady & co. (and Sweet Dear Providence, the way the things have gone for my team this year, I have no idea whether I'll be there or not this season)...
Old 10-21-2007, 02:35 AM   #35
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
They can run the ball like freaking crazy.

They can't defend the pass.

It's going to be a freaking blow out. Cowboys 42-21
I feel you. I feel you, indeed.

Now, in fantasy terms, I am going against a guy who is playing Warrick Dunn and Najeh Daenport against my Joseph Addai and Edge James. That's probably game-over right there.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:42 AM   #36
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Lord, please let Tom Brady have an average week at best or I'm going to get destroyed.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-21-2007 at 10:30 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:39 PM   #37
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Um, 5 TDs in the first half!
Old 10-21-2007, 06:48 PM   #38
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
Um, 5 TDs in the first half!
how unfair...