Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-16-2007, 06:11 AM   #41
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Have fun, trolls.....it's only pre-season.

Come opening night, I declare open season on trolls. Go back to your homes. I'm sure you have a comfy forum waiting for you somewhere.
How is what I said trollish? Is it because I am a fan of an opposing team? Does that automatically make me a troll? Thanks for the negative rep...
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2007, 08:06 AM   #42
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. I see no reason for me to go to a Spurs or Suns message board. I stay here, where I belong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1
looking forward to the preseason game this Thu., how about you?
To be honest, I didn't even know there was such a game. Just looking forward to games that count.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-16-2007 at 08:21 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:59 PM   #43
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

It is all in good fun. I see no problem with it. As long as there are respectable conversations and such. I just hate the fans that come in and say "teh [enter team name here] is teh worst1!1!".
Old 10-16-2007, 09:35 PM   #44
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yes. I see no reason for me to go to a Spurs or Suns message board. I stay here, where I belong.

To be honest, I didn't even know there was such a game. Just looking forward to games that count.
normally I would agree. However, b/c of our new coach/players/offense I look forward to any opportunity to see them on the court.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:53 PM   #45
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

games that count?

they start after April 16, 2008

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 10-16-2007 at 09:55 PM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:49 PM   #46
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Nah, they start October 30th. If you don't win the games in the regular season, how do you expect to play after April 16, 2008?

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 10-17-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:33 PM   #47
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
Nah, they start October 30th. If you don't win the games in the regular season, how do you expect to play after April 16, 2008?
Teams who have legitimate cause to think about championships know that the regular season will work itself out. The only thing starting October 30th is an 82 game beauty pageant where 30 contestants try not to be one of the 14 ugliest in the room.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:17 PM   #48
haywoodjay

haywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmac
The truth is I've been a Rockets fan my entire life until last year. I've been up here in Dallas for the past 3 years and hopefully will continue to reside here. I'm in Highland Park and really can't see myself living anywhere else now. Anyways, I couldn't really forgive the Rockets after they brought in JVG and traded for Tmac. I can't stand either. Last 4 years have truly been a waste of time, energy, and money (I kept getting League Pass) for me. Things are finally going in the right direction for them, but I don't care anymore. I'm a fully grown Mavs fan now. I used to watch them for entertainment purposes, and then all of a sudden I actually found myself rooting for them. Back in '04 I broke my TV after they beat the Rockets. It was tough. I rooted against the Mavs in the Finals 2 years ago because I was sick of all my friends acting the way they did whenever they watched Mavs games in front of me. I don't know what happened after that. Maybe it was the people over in the Rockets forum who kept making fun of Dallas in general (when in reality Houston is a dump--I'm never going back there) and made me laugh every time they'd start a thread whenever the Mavs did ANYTHING. The general NBA section over there truly was dedicated to the Mavs, lol. So yeah, I'm sick of the Rockets and hope they fail, forever. I never want Tmac to get past the first round. I feel bad for Yao because he deserves it. No point in rambling on. I'm over the Rockets and support the Mavs now. And no, I didn't jump on the bandwagon. That's stupid of anyone to think that.

And for the record, I've always hated the Spurs and will always hate them!

I've also always liked the Cowboys and Stars so it made sense for me to start supporting the Mavs too. It's great fun!
holy sh!t... a bandwagon mavs fan! never thought i'd see the day!

poser.
haywoodjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:27 PM   #49
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
Teams who have legitimate cause to think about championships know that the regular season will work itself out. The only thing starting October 30th is an 82 game beauty pageant where 30 contestants try not to be one of the 14 ugliest in the room.
lol. i liked that metaphor.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:15 PM   #50
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywoodjay
holy sh!t... a bandwagon mavs fan! never thought i'd see the day!

poser.
That is what I was saying. If you were truly a Rocket fan, you wouldn't switch teams with a move to a new area.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:31 PM   #51
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

hes a mavs fan now. let him go

Contact Me
Old 10-19-2007, 12:12 AM   #52
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

True, vmac. Now change your name to vdirk. Not like you have anything to lose =/

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:24 AM   #53
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
That is what I was saying. If you were truly a Rocket fan, you wouldn't switch teams with a move to a new area.
let him be a fan of whatever team he chooses. why do you care? doesn't effect you at all. if he wants to jump wagon to wagon let him.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:25 AM   #54
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
And1 is a troll at his heart. Wishing us a good season isnt going to change the fact that most of the time he's obnoxious.
bump....

oh so true.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:03 AM   #55
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, almost like Mark Cuban and company after the loss to Golden State last year...
Wow, I've totally disregarded this thread, sorry I'm so late to reply...

In my recollection, I don't remember seeing Cuban and company cry on national television after the loss to Golden State.

TMac on the other hand after his first round loss...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RgHtGZFZ-rM

Atleast he was able to wipe away one tear and walk off before anything drastic happened right?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 10-19-2007, 03:58 AM   #56
alby
Guru

Each year I say it, but there are always excuses that come out of Houston. But do you Rockets fans agree that if T-Mac doesn't get out of the 1st round again with that roster, it's time to call him a loser?

Contact Me
Old 10-19-2007, 10:55 AM   #57
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Each year I say it, but there are always excuses that come out of Houston. But do you Rockets fans agree that if T-Mac doesn't get out of the 1st round again with that roster, it's time to call him a loser?
yes... however tmac looks like he is in great shape this year, orlando years great.
but no 2nd round this year=loser.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:11 AM   #58
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Wow, I've totally disregarded this thread, sorry I'm so late to reply...

In my recollection, I don't remember seeing Cuban and company cry on national television after the loss to Golden State.

TMac on the other hand after his first round loss...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RgHtGZFZ-rM

Atleast he was able to wipe away one tear and walk off before anything drastic happened right?
seriously?..... we have no room to talk there. At least they got a 7th game.

I'm all for battling the trolls. Battle away. But don't say stuff like that, please.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:35 PM   #59
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:

I'm all for battling the trolls. Battle away. But don't say stuff like that, please.
From what he just said and the context of what was said earlier in the thread, I don't see why my response was unwarranted. I was strictly referring to tmac after the Mavs blew out the Rockets a few years back. It's not my fault he decided to bring up Golden State.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:21 PM   #60
RonMexico

RonMexico can only hope to improve

I'd tROLL hard but really I'm just here for a Cedric Ceballos jersey. Yup, that's my brah and that's why his shirt is hanging from the AAA rafters.

These Rocket fans don't know nothing about how we did it in Reunion Arena ...
RonMexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:05 PM   #61
alby
Guru

reunion rowdies

Contact Me
Old 10-19-2007, 09:36 PM   #62
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

You earned some serious respect there.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:19 AM   #63
roxgirl

roxgirl has a spectacular aura aboutroxgirl has a spectacular aura aboutroxgirl has a spectacular aura about

Aww v mac=redefined on CF.net. The most open bandwagoner I've ever read of...

Last edited by roxgirl; 10-23-2007 at 02:19 AM.
roxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:05 AM   #64
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxgirl
Aww v mac=redefined on CF.net. The most open bandwagoner I've ever read of...

well hello to you too
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote