Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-25-2007, 03:10 AM   #1
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future
Default Time

Ever find yourself with about 20 hours worth of stuff to do and about 3 hours to do it in?

Today I had to drive from Waco back to Fort Worth for a concert tonight of Tom Rush and the Kingston Trio (which was the experience of a lifetime), and then drive BACK here because I have register for classes at 6 AM this morning. On Tuesday I got a prompt for a paper due on Thursday in my folk music class that requires finding sources. So, I have to go the library when it opens at 7 this morning to finish it. At 11:00 Thursday morning, I have an Accounting test that I haven't started studying for.

Thursday night, I have a gig I have to show up for from 7-9 and do the intermission set for, while balancing around that writing two midterm papers for my Great Texts class. I can't show up for that gig on no sleep, so I have to take a nap Thursday afternoon, which means I can't start my papers until after 9, so I'll be staying up all Friday night doing those in addition to studying for a Geology quiz.

So, ever feel like there needs be like 50 hours in a day?
Old 10-25-2007, 07:25 AM   #2
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

reading your post has now made me dumber. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:57 PM   #3
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

nm

Last edited by mnmpeanut; 10-25-2007 at 08:03 PM.
mnmpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:00 PM   #4
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not into time, man.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:18 PM   #5
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:30 AM   #6
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

seems like you shouldn't be wasting time making this thread
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:48 AM   #7
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Yeah, I used to think I had no time to finish anything........... and then I had kids

Let me assure you... you will look back and absolutely MARVEL at how much free time you had at this point in your life!
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:56 AM   #8
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

From the greatest band in the history of american music:

Time, why you punish me?
Like a wave crashing into the shore
You wash away my dreams
Time, why you walk away? oh, oh
Like a friend with somewhere to go
You left me crying

And you'll teach me 'about tomorrow
And all the pain and sorrow running free?
'Cause tomorrow's just another day
And I don't believe in time

Time, I don't understand
Children killing in the streets
Dying for the color of a rag
Time, leave you red and blue
Wash them in the ocean, make them clean
Maybe their mothers won't cry tonight

Can you teach me 'about tomorrow
With all the pain and sorrow running free?
And tomorrow's just another day
And I don't believe in...

Time is wasted, time walking
Time, time
You ain't no friend of mine
I don't know where I'm going
I think I'm out of my mind
Thinking about time

And if I die tomorrow, yeah
Then lay me down to sleep

Time, you left me standing there
Like a tree growing all alone
The wind just stripped me bare
Stripped me bare
Time, the past has come and gone, gone
The future's far away
An hour only lasts for one second, one second

Time without courage, time without fear
Is just wasted, wasted, wasted time
Oh, oh, oh, ooh ooh ooh

Time, why you punish me?
Old 10-26-2007, 09:52 AM   #9
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
From the greatest band in the history of american music:

Time, why you punish me?
Like a wave crashing into the shore
You wash away my dreams
Time, why you walk away? oh, oh
Like a friend with somewhere to go
You left me crying

And you'll teach me 'about tomorrow
And all the pain and sorrow running free?
'Cause tomorrow's just another day
And I don't believe in time

Time, I don't understand
Children killing in the streets
Dying for the color of a rag
Time, leave you red and blue
Wash them in the ocean, make them clean
Maybe their mothers won't cry tonight

Can you teach me 'about tomorrow
With all the pain and sorrow running free?
And tomorrow's just another day
And I don't believe in...

Time is wasted, time walking
Time, time
You ain't no friend of mine
I don't know where I'm going
I think I'm out of my mind
Thinking about time

And if I die tomorrow, yeah
Then lay me down to sleep

Time, you left me standing there
Like a tree growing all alone
The wind just stripped me bare
Stripped me bare
Time, the past has come and gone, gone
The future's far away
An hour only lasts for one second, one second

Time without courage, time without fear
Is just wasted, wasted, wasted time
Oh, oh, oh, ooh ooh ooh

Time, why you punish me?

ugh? hootie?
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:14 AM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Are we doing our favorite "Time" songs?

Its just a jump to the left...
And a step to the riiiiiiight.

With your hands on your hips.
You bring your knees in tiiight.

But its the pelvic thrust,
That really drives you insa-yane.

Let's do the Time Warp again!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 10-26-2007 at 10:15 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:27 AM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I had more time before I got a watch.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:17 PM   #12
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Are we doing our favorite "Time" songs?
Time, flowing like a river
Time, beckoning me
Who knows when we shall meet again
If ever
But time
Keeps flowing like a river
To the sea
Goodbye my love, Maybe for forever
Goodbye my love, The tide waits for me
Who knows when we shall meet again
If ever
But time
Keeps flowing like a river (on and on)
To the sea, to the sea
Till it's gone forever
Gone forever
Gone forevermore
Goodbye my friends, Maybe forever
Goodbye my friends, The stars wait for me
Who knows where we shall meet again
If ever
But time
Keeps flowing like a river (on and on)
To the sea, to the sea
Till it's gone forever
Gone forever
Gone forevermore
Old 10-26-2007, 04:28 PM   #13
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Why do people even wear watches anymore? If you have a cell phone, you know what time it is.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:31 PM   #14
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, the good ol' college days...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:35 PM   #15
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Time....... is never time at all
You can never ever leave
Without leaving a piece of you.......
Old 10-26-2007, 05:31 PM   #16
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

time...... does not exist.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:21 PM   #17
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing's as far away as one minute ago...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 10-27-2007 at 01:11 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:08 PM   #18
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
Ever find yourself with about 20 hours worth of stuff to do and about 3 hours to do it in?

Today I had to drive from Waco back to Fort Worth for a concert tonight of Tom Rush and the Kingston Trio (which was the experience of a lifetime), and then drive BACK here because I have register for classes at 6 AM this morning. On Tuesday I got a prompt for a paper due on Thursday in my folk music class that requires finding sources. So, I have to go the library when it opens at 7 this morning to finish it. At 11:00 Thursday morning, I have an Accounting test that I haven't started studying for.

Thursday night, I have a gig I have to show up for from 7-9 and do the intermission set for, while balancing around that writing two midterm papers for my Great Texts class. I can't show up for that gig on no sleep, so I have to take a nap Thursday afternoon, which means I can't start my papers until after 9, so I'll be staying up all Friday night doing those in addition to studying for a Geology quiz.

So, ever feel like there needs be like 50 hours in a day?
You need to hire someone from india to do some of your legwork. Especially the finding sources deal. Probably cost about 20 bucks.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:33 PM   #19
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

BBL continues to prove he has excellent taste in music, time and again.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:30 PM   #20
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

true dat, rhylan.

i love how people react negativley to hootie (like MavsX above), yet they've gone platinum with 3 of their releases, including 16 MILLION sold for "Cracked Rear View" (which puts it in the top 20 best-selling albums in the US). So somebody else must like them.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:54 AM   #21
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Ah yes....

I remember well the day when "funky cold medina" became the greatest selling single of all time (up to that point) thus proving that in fact Tone Loc was a superior musician to poseurs like Elvis, the Beatles and the Rolling Stones.

the democracy of the marketplace... beautiful to behold.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:50 AM   #22
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

I figured someone would say something like that.

Note that I never said hootie was the best band in the world (my original comments in the lyrics post were tongue-in-cheek). I simply stated that someone else has to like them. Album sales, while not directly indicative of a band's talent, are obviously an indicator of popularity. Popularity is based on a number of factors - originality, marketing, timing, and yes, talent. Not all popular songs/albums/bands have all four, but Hootie had all four with "cracked rear view".