Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-18-2007, 11:22 PM   #81
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I'm not "trying" to make you look like anything. Your crude and foul mouth makes you out to be the moron that you probably are. Sure you don't drink, probably saying that so that the parole officer won't catch you.

You started this knucklehead...you just keep showing yourself to be a moron who doesn't realize what a buffoon he is.

I'll say it again however, I am glad you are too poor to get a bunch of tickets, mavs don't need fans who can't make complete sentences without cursing like a drunken sailor. Stay home, the folks around you will be the better (and more intelligent) for it.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2007, 02:48 AM   #82
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we can have "rich man" games and "poor man" games.....

IMAGINE....

it's poor man night!! come get some batteries for your dome, sucka! the fuckshitpisscunt language we're spitting in your ear would make darko blush! and leave the designer suits at home, pretty boy! nothing but beer baths up in here! and you know not to bring your momma or your girl to this ruckus! cause you know we're getting 'em to flash those lovelies and those pictures aren't just staying with us.. or with our friends from JAIL! that's right, we know how to internet... and you know us, we come to the games butt ass naked so we can rock as much free mavericks swag as possible... 70 minutes before tipoff, son!

.... fast forward to next thursday.....

it's rich man night!! hey mr nba superstar! i know you never played in a completely EMPTY arena (ok, we're not playing the hawks). how's this for "deafening silence"?!? ha ha ha.. it's long.. super quiet.. makes you wonder where everybody is, don't it? in fact, it's kind of scary! like before the bad axe dude comes through the door scary! and after a solid quarter of the spooky, we go for the heart strings. no mercy here, fellow millionaire. (cause you know, we're peers.) look around, how many 5-12 year olds are in here tonight? 7,000? 9,000? 12,000? keep covering that pick and roll, and... that's right, TEARS of CHILDHOOD PAIN! a throng of sobbing broken dreams.. can your conscious handle that?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:39 AM   #83
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Fast forward to reality:

This Tuesday:

Poor man 4gets that rich man came from the same hood/area as the poor man. Poor man takes a swing at Mr.Suit, then realizes that Mr.Suit is the same guy that used to beat the living shit out of him back in HS. Poor man comes up short on the sucka punch, then Mr. Suit hits the poor man with the "Sleeper Punch" (The one that puts you to sleep).

Mr. Suit apologizes to the Poor man for stepping down to his level and offers the Poor man a beer for the troubles. Poor man realizes that somethings never change :-)

Morel of the Story:

You can upgrade your clothes to suits with success, but ass whoopings stays the same ..LMAO!!!!!!
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:58 AM   #84
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

"I paid $1,500 for this seat, I'll go out there and launch a 3 if I want!"
Old 11-19-2007, 12:39 PM   #85
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

this thread is, well, regrettable. we've got one of the best facilities and crowds in the entire league!

while I understand the impression the tv broadcast communicated, that the aac had many empty seats and there was a poor effort/participation by the crowd of wearing those green t shirts (btw did anyone else notice the "since 1636" on the back of the shirts? "tx national guard since 1636"? seems to be a typo, shouldn't it have been "since 1836"???), some things to remember:

1. ANY regular season game, esp. one at the beginning of the year, that begins at 7:00 is going to have empty seats at the start of the game. doesn't matter if it's san anton or la or houston. I'm not sure if this is any different anywhere in the association.

2. having been in both reunion in the 80's and the aac in the 00's, the aac can be just as loud. it's just not as loud as often...back in the 80's we were always the underdog, and now we are one of the top dogs. it takes a notable game to get the aac going, but when it is going it is one loud crowd. I've heard opponents say it is one of the loudest arenas to play in when it's rocking.

3. there is some credibility to the lack of participation by the "suit and boob" (for lack of a better phrase) crowd. but these are not the typical ticket holders in the lower bowl, just a majority out on the floor seats, and for example here is what is around my seats: to my left are two groups of ticket holders who come to every game, and for the most part are vocal (maybe not as vocal as I am..). on my right is a group of 4 seats owned by a law firm so there is no continuity to who sits there. some games there are true fans, most games there are people who do not follow the team or the league so they're typically not too involved. behind me is a group who split the season, when one group comes frankly they know nothing about the game or the team, and when they do yell it's more often than not saying crap that is so stereotypical it's funny (like dirk doesn't play d, or stack just jacks up shots). truthfully I wish they would just not yell at all if that's what they want to yell...

4. there is a clear effort by the mavs to make the games a family friendly event. I don't have any problem with this tact, although it does result in less suggestive outfits for the dancers and a certain self-discipline required on what words are used when yelling. it's clear that there are kids in attendance and f bombs and such are not cool. does this temper the noise or the crowd's yelling? hardly. anyone can yell without using expletives, can't they?

5. what is it about free t shirts? I've seen people who are fairly normal go absolute crazy for a free t shirt being thrown/shot out to the crowd. grown men pushing aside a kid to get the t shirt...crazy.just crazy.

6. last, in regard to the green t shirts and people who won't put them on. most of the people around me did wear the shirts, some for what ever reason wouldn't don the shirts and just held them the whole game. could be due to the size (they ran out of xl for instance) or to their insecurity....there's some in EVERY crowd.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:35 PM   #86
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Great post.

This same thing happens in LA and NY as well. People get off work later, and come straight to the game in suits.

Lastly, as the year goes by we tend to get a little complacent because of the number of games in the season at home. It becomes a job for most of us, then it gets cold, and all you can think about is getting back into the cold after game, sleepy, tired and knowing you still have another hourt b4 getting home. Game ends around 10:30p.m., you get home at 11:30p.m. If your spouse is at home, you try to spend some time but they are sleep because they have to go to work in the morning. Kids are in bed because of school in the morning.

All of this for a Mavs basketball? We do this for 3 pre-season games, 41 regular season games and playoffs. So, please dont question us when we decide that tonight, we dont want to wear a t-shirt over our sports coat. We are there in full force, no matter who is beside us. Half the time the company seats are left for potential clients who are fans of the other team or another team. We cant control that, but if they get out of hand, then we will gladly correct them quickly. For instance the other night, a guy at the game threw back the Mavs t-shirt they caught on the lower level because he was a fan of SA. I saw people blasting that guy, but in the end we all realize that company seats are what most opponent fans get at times.

If more companies purchased seats in the upper level, then more of those type of people will be up there as well.

Lastly, we are all Mavs fans and we all support our Mavs.

What the real subject should about is the fact that food prices keep going up at the AAC. That is the real problem!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 01:43 PM   #87
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice post mavie and I agree with every bit of it. I did notice the 1636??

Your description of the folks around you is very much my experience as well.

We have a man and woman who have had mavs tickets since they were in dallas. Day one. But they don't yell and scream like maniacs? Bad fans? I think not, great fans, just older and dont' yell and scream that much.

In front and too the left are two tickets that are shared with 4 couples. It's tranistory who shows up or not. But the ones I recall is a man in his early 40's with his ma. She's had tickets for a long time. in fact they bought an extra set in the nosebleed section so they could come as well. They clap (not a lot of screaming) and high-fives everywhere.

To my left is another older couple (probably 60's) who are great fans, stand most of the game and clap (again not a lot of screaming) but great fans, there every game. They all wore the shirts.

Behind me are the guys that mavie talks about who parrot the cw about things. It's so funny that they just make themselves sound silly.

Hmm...looking around I guess I'M the drunk loud obnoxious fan who stands most of the game screaming and jumping around. They probably wish there was a suit around.

Oh mavie and silk and whomever...Not sure if you go out to eat at game days, but I went to Luna de Noche saturday night. Got $3.00 domestics/$4.00 imports and food 10% off if you had mavs gear on. Nice special.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 11-19-2007 at 01:44 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:14 PM   #88
Silk Smoov
Banned

Half the time, I have to meet my wife and son at the game. I have not tried that place, but I was very disappointed in that Tavern place. Food was dry and overcooked.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:26 PM   #89
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
Half the time, I have to meet my wife and son at the game. I have not tried that place, but I was very disappointed in that Tavern place. Food was dry and overcooked.
We very rarely eat down there. Especially with parking at the blue lot, on the far side away from the arena, and the majority of the season being in cold weather. Too much walking and not enough time after work.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:59 PM   #90
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

G.D. how is this thread still going?
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:11 PM   #91
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
G.D. how is this thread still going?

Well, you just bumped it (as did I...)

Go thread, go!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:08 PM   #92
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Well, you just bumped it (as did I...)

Go thread, go!

woo hoo!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:02 PM   #93
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Outrageously overpriced. The cheapest food down there is hooters and el fenix I think. We went up to the House of Blues and you can get a little something there for 7 bucks or so.

Hooters is still about the cheapest if you aren't looking for a lot of food.

Oh and if you don't mind the walk, Spaghetti Warehouse has some median-priced stuff.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 11-19-2007 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:04 PM   #94
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
We very rarely eat down there. Especially with parking at the blue lot, on the far side away from the arena, and the majority of the season being in cold weather. Too much walking and not enough time after work.
We usually grab a parking meter for a buck. We are much more interested in getting out and on the road quicker than a longer walk. Cannot stand having to wait to get out of a parking lot.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:57 PM   #95
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
We usually grab a parking meter for a buck. We are much more interested in getting out and on the road quicker than a longer walk. Cannot stand having to wait to get out of a parking lot.
We do the same exact thing :-) We have to use the meters a little farther away this season, because people are getting to the game earlier this season. Either way, when we get to the car it is smooth sailing on getting onto the highway. I would nver buy a parking ticket when I can put 4 or 5 quarters in the meter and go about my way...
Old 11-20-2007, 04:50 PM   #96
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

damn, dude you got me figured out. just a drunk loud moron trying to run from my p.o. But you better watch your shit cause when your rims come up missing after drinks at the no. 7 club in your 250$ diesel jeans and shiny shirt, that me. Cause hey gotta make some extra money so I can sit next to you at the next game. Bet you can show me how a real fan acts
Old 11-20-2007, 05:21 PM   #97
Silk Smoov
Banned

P.O officer would be your biggest friend after I find out about ANYONE taking something from me. Dont get things twisted. Dont let the Amani suit fool you! Mr.Amani gets down with the best of them. Beat yo ass, and take your cash in court with the other Mr.Amani suit attorney :-)
Old 11-20-2007, 06:32 PM   #98
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Amani suit

Need more "arrr," matey.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 11-20-2007 at 06:33 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:04 PM   #99
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

don't worry silk I would never try to take anything from Mr. Amani, but I will step on your shoes
Old 11-21-2007, 12:08 PM   #100
dashiet

dashiet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW

Need more "arrr," matey.

WHy didn't the pirate let his son watch the movie? Cus it was rated ARRRRRRRRR! Yeah, it's spelled Armani.
dashiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:14 PM   #101
thurst0509

thurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to all

Quote:
Quote:
We do the same exact thing :-) We have to use the meters a little farther away this season, because people are getting to the game earlier this season. Either way, when we get to the car it is smooth sailing on getting onto the highway. I would nver buy a parking ticket when I can put 4 or 5 quarters in the meter and go about my way...
Either of you guys mind sharing where you find open metered spots on game nights and what time you can usually snag them? I've gotten lucky and come across some open ones to the southeast near Field Street and Cedar Springs a couple of times the past two years, but they almost always seem to be taken. I usually park in the $10 lots in that same area, which adds up quick...

Last edited by thurst0509; 11-21-2007 at 12:14 PM.
thurst0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:22 PM   #102
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoogE
Either of you guys mind sharing where you find open metered spots on game nights and what time you can usually snag them? I've gotten lucky and come across some open ones to the southeast near Field Street and Cedar Springs a couple of times the past two years, but they almost always seem to be taken. I usually park in the $10 lots in that same area, which adds up quick...
I'll send it in a pm.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:22 PM   #103
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky

"Sorry girls, I'm gay!"
i've laughed more and more about this every day since it's been posted. LOL. Bravo Erica.

anyway, from Wordplay to Class Warfare to silly pirate jokes - this thread literally has it all. Except Mysogyny.
(but that's okay, most girls don't really have reasons to read message boards since their opinions don't matter anyway)

Last edited by nowhereman; 11-21-2007 at 02:32 PM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:03 PM   #104
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
anyway, from Wordplay to Class Warfare to silly pirate jokes - this thread literally has it all. Except Mysogyny. (but that's okay, most girls don't really have reasons to read message boards since their opinions don't matter anyway)

Unless they have a computer in the kitchen!

BA-ZING!!!

(now this thread is complete...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-21-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:38 PM   #105
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
I'll send it in a pm.
Dont do it We already have to park farther away this season due to more people knowing about those free parking and meter parking. Two years ago we were parking in those free parking spots, but now people get there too quick.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:04 AM   #106
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Dont do it We already have to park farther away this season due to more people knowing about those free parking and meter parking. Two years ago we were parking in those free parking spots, but now people get there too quick.
Agreed..that's why I sent it in a PM.

On that issue...do you know how much parking under the RLThornton expressway is? I thought it was $2.00..