Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-14-2002, 09:41 AM   #1
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

Borrowed from Alec over at LMF

"When I saw that Mladen was in Long Beach I decided to venture down there and see
for myself what we have.

First off don't get yourself worked up over Hamilton. He looks almost as tall as Wang
but is like 60 lbs over weight. Seriously though physique wise he is the spitting image
of Don Nelson. He is very slow going up and down the court. It is painful watching him
run.

The Good news is Wang looks great he is stroking his shot and rebounding some and
even had 2 nice dunks. I was surprised to find Wang to be the Fan Favorite. When
ever he scored or dished a nice pass the crowd gave him some love. There is a strong
Asian community in So Cal and they all rout for our Wang. Everyone got in on the love
fest though it is not often you see 7’1 footer shot the lights out. I was surprised to
see Wang featured prominently in the rotation. He's the 5th or 6th man on this team.

Taw was in street clothes.

Jaren Jackson is sporting the dreads. He was really stroking it from 17 and out. He and
Richardson were just trading shots for a while. At one point Jaren even shook Jrich's
hand after like the 4th in a row. It was a strange moment.

If Andy Ellis missed a shot it must have been in the first, which I missed because I did
not see him miss anything on the way to 24 pts. He definitely can stroke it and
reminds me of a skinnier Troy Murphy. I think he is the only guy other than Mladen who
has a chance to make it to the NBA this yr (maybe not with the mavs).

Mladen looked fair. He can score for sure(as Dirk would say). He just seemed to let the
game come to him. He was better than I thought going to the hoop. Not driving to the
basket but finishing well inside. He seems to be a set shooter and hit the only three I
saw him take. He ended with 12 I think. Also good news is he seems to speak English
as he and Thomas Hamilton had a long conversion while across from each other during
some Golden State free throws.

As far as the Warriors they look really good.

"What a summer team!! JRich, Dunleavy
and Arenas will all be starting and Jiri, Logan and Murphy should be in the rotation.
Murphy, Arenas and Jrich all looked great. They had 28,31 and 24 I think. Jiri Welsh
looked real good. He is an energizer bunny always in motion. He really gets after it
defensively. He looked very Polished even more so than Dunleavy. Dunleavy looked
really good as well but did commit some dumb fouls but ala Battier seems to come up
with steal or three pointer just when his team needs it. He seemed to always score
after the mavs made a run. Wang looks to be having fun.""
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links