Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-25-2007, 03:33 PM   #1
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of
Default A Christmas Story

I heard a song late last night that really got to me.

The song was very special to me. My mother is 85. She is beginning to slow down considerably. I pray to God that this is not the last Christmas that we share together.

I assume that I am a little older that most of the people here. So--with that in mind--let me tell you this Christmas story.

The story line is very simple. A poor boy on one Christmas eve was desperately trying to get money to but his mother a Christmas present. He came upon a man and explained his plight.

The boy told the man that he needed one last dollar for some shoes for his mon. The man was touched, reached into his wallet and gave the child the dollar.

The child was very excited and thanked the man profusely.

The man asked what kind of shoes was was he intending to buy.

"I am going to buy her some really comfortable slippers to keep her feet warm," he said.

The child continued.

"You see, my mother has beem sick lately and I thought these would cheer her up. In fact, she can't get out of bed because she has been sick for a long time."

The man listened closely.

"In fact," the child said, "my daddy said that because tonight is Christmas even, mom might go to heaven and see Jesus. And if she does, these slippers will keep her feet nice and warm when she walks into heaven."

I love my mother with all of my heart. God, please give me more time with her. THat would be the greatest Christmas present in the world. I would take that over anything else--over all of the money in the world, over fame, fortune, power. I would even take more time with my mom over having a normal, healthy spinal cord.

When we are young, we have less appreciation for time. In fact--time is fleeting. We wake up one day and we no longer are in out 20's or 30's. The people that surround us begin to leave. The people that we love the most begin to get sick.

Make good use of your time. Love your parents and family members with all of your heart. If you have conflict with any of them--resolve it.

Hug your mom and dad really tight. Tell them how much you love them--how much they mean to you. You might even sit down and write them a special letter from your heart.

That is my Christmas story.

God bless you folks--each and everyone.

Your friend from San Antonio,

BSR
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2007, 07:01 PM   #2
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

was that a rhetorical statement or do you have a spinal cord injury?

thanks for the Christmas message. Hope you and your Mom get to spend a lot of time together.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 07:58 PM   #3
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Thanks for sharing your thoughts BSR. Even if my parents are not that old, I also had those thoughts already, that hopefully everyone of the family will keep well and fit and that there will remain a long and nice time together. Especially as my farther retired last year and therefore began his last period of life, I started to think about it. Man, time goes by much too fast. Enjoy your time at school and years of study, it´s definitely a beautiful time of life. All the best for you and your family.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote