Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-15-2002, 10:38 PM   #121
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Old 07-15-2002, 10:39 PM   #122
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

you're right
like i said they would probably do the trade, but i wouldn't want to give up FIN, NAJERa, NICK and other players for him
cause if it doesn't make the team a whole hell of a lot better you wouldn't be able to improve with the salary he brings.
Old 07-15-2002, 10:48 PM   #123
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Well looky hear I just read a interview not sure were tis from im guessing Minnesota paper or something that he says he is underpaid. I dont konw how can u get paid 120 million and be underpaid. If he does get traded to the Mavs who knows what he will want.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 10:50 PM   #124
Cipherous

Cipherous is on a distinguished road

Finely, Van Exel and AJ for KG!!! Thats a steal!!! Nash, Dirk, Garnett and Lafrentz would be unstoppable!
Old 07-15-2002, 10:50 PM   #125
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< you'd have to hope it made the Mavs the best team ever, cause with KG's salary you'd never be able to improve it after you get him >>

You can still improve the team. You just can't do it without taking major luxury tax hits. Minnesota's owner has said he's unwilling to do this--which is why he can't improve the team while KG makes so much money. And the only reason anybody is even discussing this trade--Cuban is a guy who would be willing to take the luxury tax hit of Dirk and KG's salary and then adding more pieces around them.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 02:50 PM   #126
PeterVecseyisdumb

PeterVecseyisdumb is an unknown quantity at this point

<< i would truly hate to see Fin go anywhere, I also watched when fin was the only player on the team, and it wouldn't seem the same without him

I would hate to see Dallas just aquire great player after great player and never improve, I think the team they have right now can improve greatly and challenge LA and SAC. They would have challenged this year if NASH wasn't worn out

ALSO to me FIN is the only MAV i've seen that truly shows up in the
playoffs He rises that extra level, if Nash or Dirk rises as he has they will win it all
>>

Are you joking? Dirk has scored at least 30 points, in 9 out of 18 playoff games. The mavs were down 0-2 to utah last year in the playoffs. Dirk had a monster game in game #3 of the utah playoff series. If dirk didn't have that monster game in game #3 of the utah playoff series, then the mavs probably would have been swept by utah. Then dirk has another monster game in game #4 of the utah playoff series.

Finley had a terrible playoff series vs the spurs. I'm not just talking about one game. I am talking about the entire playoff series vs the spurs. Let's also point out that dirk was injured vs the spurs, and had food poisoning. Dirk loses a tooth in game #4 vs the spurs, and still has a monster game. In game #5, dirk had 42 points, 18 rebounds, and 6 steals. Finley had a 1 for 17 performance in game #5 vs the spurs.

Dirk had about 33 points and 15 rebounds per game vs minnesota, in the playoffs. If dirk didn't put up those numbers vs minnesota, then the mavs might not have swept minnesota. Dirk didn't have a good series vs the kings, but he still scored at least 30 points in 2 of the games. Dirk had a great game in game #5 vs the kings. Dirk had about 28 points per game and about 13 rebounds per game in the playoffs, this season.

Finley had a solid playoff series vs utah. Finley had a great game vs utah, in game #5. Finley played solid basketball in the playoffs, this season. However, don't get carried away. Dirk has played better than finley, in the playoffs.
PeterVecseyisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 03:16 PM   #127
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<<

<< i would truly hate to see Fin go anywhere, I also watched when fin was the only player on the team, and it wouldn't seem the same without him

I would hate to see Dallas just aquire great player after great player and never improve, I think the team they have right now can improve greatly and challenge LA and SAC. They would have challenged this year if NASH wasn't worn out

playoffs He rises that extra level, if Nash or Dirk rises as he has they will win it all
>>

Are you joking? Dirk has scored at least 30 points, in 9 out of 18 playoff games. The mavs were down 0-2 to utah last year in the playoffs. Dirk had a monster game in game #3 of the utah playoff series. If dirk didn't have that monster game in game #3 of the utah playoff series, then the mavs probably would have been swept by utah. Then dirk has another monster game in game #4 of the utah playoff series.

Finley had a terrible playoff series vs the spurs. I'm not just talking about one game. I am talking about the entire playoff series vs the spurs. Let's also point out that dirk was injured vs the spurs, and had food poisoning. Dirk loses a tooth in game #4 vs the spurs, and still has a monster game. In game #5, dirk had 42 points, 18 rebounds, and 6 steals. Finley had a 1 for 17 performance in game #5 vs the spurs.

Dirk had about 33 points and 15 rebounds per game vs minnesota, in the playoffs. If dirk didn't put up those numbers vs minnesota, then the mavs might not have swept minnesota. Dirk didn't have a good series vs the kings, but he still scored at least 30 points in 2 of the games. Dirk had a great game in game #5 vs the kings. Dirk had about 28 points per game and about 13 rebounds per game in the playoffs, this season.

Finley had a solid playoff series vs utah. Finley had a great game vs utah, in game #5. Finley played solid basketball in the playoffs, this season. However, don't get carried away. Dirk has played better than finley, in the playoffs.
>>

Please lets dont start a Dirk vs. Finley thing againt this is the reason why I left Mavtalk because that was pretty much the only topic they wanted to discuss. They both play for our team and we should be happy.

1996-2005
Old 07-16-2002, 03:26 PM   #128
mpb319

mpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the rough

The KG to Dallas DREAMis just that. No way we trade Finley and No way they trade Garnett.

However a front court of Raef/Dirk/Garnett would be AWESOME!
mpb319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 03:34 PM   #129
PeterVecseyisdumb

PeterVecseyisdumb is an unknown quantity at this point

>>

Finley had a solid playoff series vs utah. Finley had a great game vs utah, in game #5. Finley played solid basketball in the playoffs, this season. However, don't get carried away. Dirk has played better than finley, in the playoffs.[/i] >>

Please lets dont start a Dirk vs. Finley thing againt this is the reason why I left Mavtalk because that was pretty much the only topic they wanted to discuss. They both play for our team and we should be happy.[/i] >>

I didn't start anything. I replied to his post.
PeterVecseyisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 04:44 PM   #130
Just211
Platinum Member

Dirk and Fin are both great players and have both played great at times in the playoffs and not so great, I just think the Mavs need time playing together in the playoffs to improve, which they'll get cause they won't dump half their roster for one man
Old 07-16-2002, 04:59 PM   #131
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

You don´t need half your roster to get Garnett. You can do it with three guys, maybe even two, and/or a pick. Don´t take all trade scenarios for &quot;only possibility&quot;.
Old 07-16-2002, 05:11 PM   #132
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Simple Example:

Garnett for Fin, NVE and Esch would work.

That´s 2.5 players for one (a starter, 6th man and end of bench) - can hardly call that expensive.

Garnett for Fin, NVE and a future first rounder works aswell, when the Mavs manage to get a trade exception which doesnt need to be too high.

Other things possible are Fin, NVE and AJ, and so on, since you have a salary window of roughly 15% around Garnetts salary, which is quite wide.
Old 07-16-2002, 05:43 PM   #133
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<<

>>

>>

Please lets dont start a Dirk vs. Finley thing againt this is the reason why I left Mavtalk because that was pretty much the only topic they wanted to discuss. They both play for our team and we should be happy.[/i] >>

I didn't start anything. I replied to his post.[/i] >>

Well if u didnt start anything dont worry about it. I was replying to everyone the board that we shouldnt start this because it could get started by what u posted because we would be going back and forth and its really useless when they both play for our team.

1996-2005
Old 07-16-2002, 05:47 PM   #134
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Simple Example:

Garnett for Fin, NVE and Esch would work.

That´s 2.5 players for one (a starter, 6th man and end of bench) - can hardly call that expensive.

Garnett for Fin, NVE and a future first rounder works aswell, when the Mavs manage to get a trade exception which doesnt need to be too high.

Other things possible are Fin, NVE and AJ, and so on, since you have a salary window of roughly 15% around Garnetts salary, which is quite wide.
>>

Minnesota would much rather ahve the yougner guys which soemone posted adn it will equal up to Finley Nick Najera Buck and Wang if im correct. This trade wouldtn work because Mavs wouldnt do it and Wolves probaly wouldnt either. If Brandon comes back Twolves could get out of the first roudn this year if they dotn end up playing some of the top 3 teams.

1996-2005
Old 07-16-2002, 05:54 PM   #135
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

&quot;if Brandon comes back, the Wolves may come out the first round ...&quot;

beating LA, Kings, Mavs or Spurs? lets assume those finish 1-4

Minnesota won´t get anywhere with losing players, and they are not able to add any important. They may even lose Wally.

The KG for Nick Finley Esch pick trade is not only about talent, it´s alot about beeing able to be a contender.

Old 07-16-2002, 06:03 PM   #136
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< &quot;if Brandon comes back, the Wolves may come out the first round ...&quot;

beating LA, Kings, Mavs or Spurs? lets assume those finish 1-4

Minnesota won´t get anywhere with losing players, and they are not able to add any important. They may even lose Wally.

The KG for Nick Finley Esch pick trade is not only about talent, it´s alot about beeing able to be a contender.
>>

IT doesent make sense for the Mavs and neither does it for the Wolves. The Mavs are one step closer to goign to the playoffs rather u think u should build on the Mavs or u shuold buy a championship by getting a player like garnett. Wolves would get 2 30 year olds and Esch who estn even a factor in this trade for KG who is 26.

1996-2005
Old 07-16-2002, 06:07 PM   #137
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

the mavs get both inside presence, youth and defense

the wolves get an all star, a starter, more tradeable players, a future first rounder, a center, will be able to re-sign wally (which might get harder with KG around)

win-win deal

minnie isnt going anywhere with the current roster, and has no room for development

dallas has a very unbalanced roster with a starting pg playing in a backup role and no defender around to lock up the middle
Old 07-16-2002, 06:19 PM   #138
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< the mavs get both inside presence, youth and defense

the wolves get an all star, a starter, more tradeable players, a future first rounder, a center, will be able to re-sign wally (which might get harder with KG around)

win-win deal

minnie isnt going anywhere with the current roster, and has no room for development

dallas has a very unbalanced roster with a starting pg playing in a backup role and no defender around to lock up the middle
>>

Ok but hwy do we have to trade Finley to fix these problems. You can fix these problems free agency or trade Nick or Lafrentz.

1996-2005
Old 07-16-2002, 06:23 PM   #139
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

it´s not that we have this offer on the table
i think CuNellie won´t explore ways to trade Finley, but

1) Raef is the perfect center for Mavs Style Bball
2) Van Exel won´t bring you an answer to all needs (or let´s say I don´t think he will)

IF Minnie comes with this offer, it should be a no brainer.