Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-04-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all
Default Mavs Trade Van Horn for Shaq?

So have you guys heard this trade proposal being pushed by the guys on The Ticket as the answer to all the Mavericks problems?

They believe the Mavs could get Shaq for just Van Horn's expiring contract... and the only downside would be Mark Cuban paying 20 - 40 million extra because they're over the salaray cap.

Gotta say... it's really attractive. Wish it would happen. Never will, but wish it would.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2008, 09:09 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Snack & Erikca on the same team?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-04-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:03 AM   #3
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

That would be a ridiculous sum of money for our poor owner for post-dominant Shaq... but if it happened I would demand that NO ONE ever call our owner cheap again. Even for letting certain MVP caliber players walk.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:36 AM   #4
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

only if they include a flux capacitor and some plutonium. i don't want those damn libyans on our asses again.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:38 AM   #5
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Shaq would bring us a championship. It just wouldn't be fair.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:39 AM   #6
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Shaq would bring us a championship. It just wouldn't be fair.
lol.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:02 PM   #7
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Shaq sucks...mann you could almost say tht KVH would be more help to this Mavs team than him..soo why not just bring him bak...at least he can shoot

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #8
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Shaq and Dirk would be too much for most teams to handle, but he would never play against any team that likes to get out on the run.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:45 AM   #9
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrav4
Shaq and Dirk would be too much for most teams to handle, but he would never play against any team that likes to get out on the run.
But that's ok, since we'd still have at least Damp to play, and Bass I guess.

You can't really go wrong I think.

Is there any chance at all that bringing Shaq in might actually happen?

Last edited by cinemablend; 01-06-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:21 AM   #10
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Its fun when it's not really our money...
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:37 AM   #11
cinemablend

Correct. It's Cuban's money. And you never know, he might be willing to spend it.

$40 mil is not that much to him.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:55 AM   #12
belgianfan

belgianfan is infamous around these parts

the heat might wanna ask more than just an expiring. Teams are going to give up more than just an expiring also.
belgianfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:23 AM   #13
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs could include Diop. He's a free agent this year, seems to have fallen out of favor with Avery, would be even more redundant with Shaq on the roster, and gives the Heat a center in return who could start for them. Maybe they'd even be interested in some of the guys buried on the end of our bench, i.e., Ager & Hassell, which would make the deal less expensive for Cubes.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:26 AM   #14
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Cubes is smart. There is no way he'd make this deal.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #15
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

It's time for Snack to retire...

Old 01-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #16
Underdog

Shaq Flies to L.A. for Treatment of Hip

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Miami Heat center Shaquille O'Neal flew Monday to Los Angeles to seek medical treatment for a hip injury that has sidelined him the past five games.

O'Neal's departure two games into a five-game trip is the latest setback for an injury-plagued team that has the worst record in the Eastern Conference at 8-26 and has lost seven games in a row. O'Neal had said Sunday he had hoped to return to the lineup Tuesday at Minnesota.

He bruised his left hip Dec. 22 when he dived for a loose ball and slid into the scorer's table during the a win over Utah. He aggravated the injury in a Dec. 26 loss at Philadelphia and hasn't played since.

The hip injury and a sore left knee have contributed to the least productive season of O'Neal's 16-year career. He is averaging 14 points and 7.8 rebounds in 29 games.

Injury layoffs have been common for O'Neal in recent years. He missed 39 games last season, when he underwent left knee surgery. He sat out 21 games during the Heat's 2005-06 championship season because of a sprained ankle and sprained thumb.

The Heat lost O'Neal's backup, Alonzo Mourning, for the season when he tore two knee ligaments in a Dec. 19 loss at Atlanta. Dwyane Wade, Jason Williams and Dorell Wright have all battled injuries recently.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:31 PM   #17
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Shaq was really giving effort there but he should never go to the ground, there is just too much bulk there to absorb it. Live to fight another day.

I continue to be a little unsure about what the impact of adding snack would be to the team. Obviously we'd have a bigger inside presence, MUCH bigger. But I'm not so sure he would be that much of a defensive presence, especially blocking shots for example.

If we had he and damp (or he and diop) then it would be a fine center combo. In some respects Shaq/Diop would be more conducive to the locker room, but I'm not sure Miami would be interested in Damp as it would just replace snacks dollars to some extent.

The chemistry of the team would surely be changed that is for sure.

It would be an opportunity for cubes to get back some talent that he stupidly let go when he let stevie go for nothing. But it would be a big check for a very declining player.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #18
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Does Van Horn's contract end this year? Man that is a killer asset to have if someone wants to give us a star for cap room.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:02 PM   #19
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

no doubt a move needs to be made using this asset... question is if cuban will put up the extra mula needed to get a star with the deal
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:48 AM   #20
cinemablend

Shaq may be an aging star, and an oft injured one, but I really think he'd solve just about all the problems of this team, especially if you're talking about him combined with Damp.

He gives you immediate, inside scoring.

He takes the load off Dirk's shoulders and immediately becomes the team's VOCAL leader... even if he's injured.

He completely changes the attitude of the team, erasing all the baggage of repeated playoff screwups.

And he does all of that without blowing up what the Mavs have, without ruining their existing chemistry.

I can't think of any other player that would do that.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:57 AM   #21
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
only if they include a flux capacitor and some plutonium. i don't want those damn libyans on our asses again.

haha!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:18 PM   #22
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

shaq is too old~come on~~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:10 PM   #23
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703
shaq is too old~come on~~
His stats are better than Damp's and lots of people think Damp is priceless around here. I'm sure Shaq can set mean picks like Damp if motivated. Shaq has hip issues though, which is a major downer. However, if Cuban is serious about a championship and didn't have to give up key players, might as well make a phone call and ask. I certainly wouldn't mind having him if it just mean't giving up a Diop, a contract and a couple of draft picks. 10-15 ppg in the low block would be very nice to have. He wouldn't have half the burden here as he would on Miami. Shaq wouldn't have problems catching the ball, either. I dunno, the more I think about it, the more I think why not? Like all of these trade talks, probably doesn't have a chance of happening though.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:53 PM   #24
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
His stats are better than Damp's and lots of people think Damp is priceless around here. I'm sure Shaq can set mean picks like Damp if motivated. Shaq has hip issues though, which is a major downer. However, if Cuban is serious about a championship and didn't have to give up key players, might as well make a phone call and ask. I certainly wouldn't mind having him if it just mean't giving up a Diop, a contract and a couple of draft picks. 10-15 ppg in the low block would be very nice to have. He wouldn't have half the burden here as he would on Miami. Shaq wouldn't have problems catching the ball, either. I dunno, the more I think about it, the more I think why not? Like all of these trade talks, probably doesn't have a chance of happening though.
OK this mite be my HOMER opinion but I am at the point where I would rather have Damp thn Shaq at this point. The team chemistry is good with Damp. He is quiker and as strong as Shaq and at this point IMO more of a defensive presence. Shaq has better hands, but Shaq never could and still cant score if u mover him 2 feet from the hoop. Before players couldnt do tht because he was quiker and stronger now they can and therefore he is almost useless. Yee he gets better numbers but Damp is a great presence to have and am sure the team will stick with him.

** if u can get him cheap thts one thing, but giving up and of the major pieces is a NO IMO

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 01-09-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:01 PM   #25
cinemablend

This team's chemistry is soo overrated. Just because they're all nice guys doesn't mean they have chemistry.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:20 PM   #26
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend
This team's chemistry is soo overrated. Just because they're all nice guys doesn't mean they have chemistry.
Well at least it helps and ill be the first one to say and tek the heat and the negative comments for it

This team with damp = or > wht wuld be left of this team with Shaq

Moneywise and everything else...Shaq is terrible now and would not be worth us giving up our younger players for his old a..

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 01-09-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #27
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Supposedly Miami has an ownership mandate to reduce payroll by $6M. Dallas could help out with the following two trades.

Trade Diop & Hassell for Blount. Miami saves $1.4M.

Trade Damp & KVH (sign and trade about $5M) for Shaq. Miami saves another $5M.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:20 PM   #28
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

So it would cost Cuban what... 80 mill extra over the next two years? (40 mill in contract, 40 mill in cap fees)

and then after two years we'll have that space + van horns space?

if Cuban would be willing to do it I think it ups our chances for a championship by a lot. and it would set the heat up with a space before they hit the cap again.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:50 PM   #29
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
So it would cost Cuban what... 80 mill extra over the next two years? (40 mill in contract, 40 mill in cap fees)
Well the trade for Blount will cost us about $3M this year in tax and extra salary. Its a push for later years since Diop will probably get a contract about $5M a year and Blount and Hassell both have two more years after this one.

The Shaq trade will cost us about $20M this year in tax and extra salary since Damp makes $10M and KVH makes nothing. Next year the hit is about $18M, the year after it is $16M since Damp has raises coming. Assuming Damp doesn't have an opt out, we GAIN $26M the next year because Shaq's contract expires and Damp's doesn't.

So 3+20+18+16-26 = about $31M in extra contract and luxury tax.

If Damp has a team opt out after next season (as rumored) then we lose the $26M for the season where Damp is still under contract and Shaq is free. Plus we lose $24M for the year that Shaq is under contract and Damp is not. That's total of $50M.

So either $30M or $80M.

Quote:
if Cuban would be willing to do it I think it ups our chances for a championship by a lot.
I don't think Cuban will spend the money but it would increase our odds of winning a championship

Last edited by MFFL; 01-17-2008 at 04:50 PM.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #30
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend
I'm pretty sure they have pretty damn good chemistry.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:33 PM   #31
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Shaq´s shape is is running the downhill slope.

Nonsens.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:39 PM   #32
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Just imagine that you're watching Shaq.

He's in a mavs uniform.

He's shooting.....a free throw.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:32 PM   #33
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Run!! Run!!

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #34
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

well his horrendous ft percentage would be made up by the rest of the team.. so we wouldnt be as bad off as miami, and they won a championship (not like his percentage was better 2 years ago than now)
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:09 PM   #35
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

This is most rediculous thing I've ever read on this forum.
That said, SNACK REESEL would undoubtedly put the Mavs over the top, and should result in 2 back to back championships.

Cubes would probably make up the cost of the Big Hungry in increased worldwide merchandise sales, not to mention the increased hamburger sales to the big fella at Dairy Queen....
Cubes owns Dairy Queen, right?

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 01-17-2008 at 11:12 PM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:38 AM   #36
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I'm not sure if it was answered but does anyone know how much longer we have Van Horn's contract? I really think the Mavs have a shot at an overpaid star with Van Horn and a couple of young guys. Maybe not Kidd but something like Shaq, Vince Carter, Dalembert...I don't think these guys are huge long shots as long as Cuban takes on the salary. I guess it depends on how long the Mavs have Van Horn's contract, anyone know?

Old 01-18-2008, 12:52 PM   #37
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
I'm not sure if it was answered but does anyone know how much longer we have Van Horn's contract? I really think the Mavs have a shot at an overpaid star with Van Horn and a couple of young guys. Maybe not Kidd but something like Shaq, Vince Carter, Dalembert...I don't think these guys are huge long shots as long as Cuban takes on the salary. I guess it depends on how long the Mavs have Van Horn's contract, anyone know?
I believe they have it till he announces he is retired. I think this is why Alonzo Mourning had them revise his "official" statement.

I haven't found an expiration date on Bird's Rights for resigning. There may or may not be.

If he hasn't retired, then Dallas could resign him at his old salary + xxx%, but a minimum of 3 year deal. Only the first year has to be guaranteed though. Basically if KVH isn't hurting for the money right now, he just sits back and waits for a scenario to happen where Dallas does a SNT for $$$$$$, Dallas gets their man, and KVH goes to the other team who buys him out -- he collects another few $$M for not collecting his retirement yet.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:40 PM   #38
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

The biggest winner in all of this would clearly be Keith Van Horn. He gets money for absolutely nothing. Probably some chicks for free, too.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #39
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi
The biggest winner in all of this would clearly be Keith Van Horn. He gets money for absolutely nothing. Probably some chicks for free, too.
Nice

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:23 PM   #40
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrav4
I cant see Shaq ever coming to Dallas. Alot of bad blood here with his MAYBE soon Ex-Wife. But, would love to have Shaq back in Frisco
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote