Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-20-2002, 11:57 AM   #1
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Apparantly the Sonics offered Lewis a $49 deal. A low ball offer if you ask me. According to a "source" he is considering taking a 1 year deal at the mid level exception then trying the free agent market.

I know it is a huge long shot, and a lot of what leaks out is posturing, but if I'm Nellie I am on the phone with his agent ASAP. He could then get paid after next year.

Link

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2002, 05:20 PM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I saw this over at Hoopsworld.

IS HE HEADED FOR HOUSTON?

Rashard Lewis is not happy with Seattle. Apparently, he wants the same kind of deal Vin Baker has, not max, but close, and the Sonics are telling him no deal. In fact, it’s rumored the Sonics deal was less than half of what he was seeking ($90 million). The excuse being used is the luxury tax, and unless the Sonics can dump some cap cash fast, Lewis may sign elsewhere on a 3 year deal for the median exception, and sources close to Lewis say he’ll come to Houston “if they show him the love”. The Sonics are trying to make something happen with Boston, and other clubs with needs at the four spot are talking with the Sonics. The problem is almost every team in talks with Seattle, wants the maximum $3 million in and a draft choice, for baker while returning very little in terms of talent. The rumored deal with Boston does not seem to be as active as the media has everyone believing, but talks are ongoing. The Celtics would like to see the Sonics taking on contract years in exchange for taking Vin off their hands, but moving Kenny Anderson seems to be a sticking point as his value is very high after a decent season last year, compounded with his ending contract. The Sonics are working to get some flexibility but with Rashard’s ego having been bruised by the negotiations this far, it looks likely that Seattle may lose their promising star, who doesn’t really want to be in Seattle any way.
Old 07-24-2002, 03:11 AM   #3
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

He's headed for Dallas?
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 08:48 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope he comes to Big D. This is one of those things where all Seattle has to do is pony up some cash and he will stay. Maybe a S&T in the works if they truly don't want him back and he is willing. I hope the Mavs sign him since he is free and clear. 4.5 would be a huge bargain.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote