Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #81
slowmo

slowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really niceslowmo is just really nice

DirkiddJHOJetDamp is alive and well in the big D.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #82
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktruth
If JJB ever has to play significant minutes, it won't be good. I suppose we could rearrange the lineup so Terry can play the 1, but that would be bad also.
JT can hold down 10 or so a night...though I admittedly roughly 75% of my game watching enthusiasm.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:14 AM   #83
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktruth
A lot of talk about a backup center. That is needed, but what about a backup PG.

If JJB ever has to play significant minutes, it won't be good. I suppose we could rearrange the lineup so Terry can play the 1, but that would be bad also.
Lots of great comments in this thread. First off, yes, Jack, I think the biggest need on this team is a backup PG. I really like what JJB brings, problem is, Avery does the playcalling from the bench, causing our offense to stagnet, iso again. Terrible. Really need someone who can run the second unit without Avery's meddling.

Also, the rotations. Yes, Avery needs to understand that his team has limited options to score. To have the entire second unit in there, its going to be really tough to score. Leave Dirk in a few minutes with them, or leave Kidd in there with them, would make it much easier to score.

Josh and Bass, I thought, would have had the easiest transition to Kidd's game, but it turns out its exactly the opposite, the spot up shooters are having the easier time. Josh and Bass need to move more, which would get them more ally opps and lob passes towards the basket. Not sure why we keep running that stupid 20 ft. post up for Josh, when all he does is go side to side and jack it up. Also, if Bass could understand that he'd be a force if he would actually recieve a pass and not create everything off his terrible dribble power move for a dunk.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:20 AM   #84
Mavfreak

Mavfreak will become famous soon enoughMavfreak will become famous soon enough

The Mavs are ravenous. The stage is set for glory. This is Dirk's team, he's the best weapon we have. Kidd elevates everyone's game and gives the German great opportunities. Dirk is happy because he knows the team is now a legitimate contender.
Mavfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:33 PM   #85
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
IAnd there isn't any reason he shouldn't be better around the basket, the size thing isn't really an excuse - he's way too strong and athletic not to be a better finisher.
Strength and athleticism won't get you much if you can't handle the ball, and Bass' ball-handling is pretty lousy. If he had one effective go-to move like Jamison's quick hookshot, that'd be one thing. But right now the guy has no post moves. His inside game consists entirely of him trying to ram his way through traffic. It doesn't work.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:48 PM   #86
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Strength and athleticism won't get you much if you can't handle the ball, and Bass' ball-handling is pretty lousy. If he had one effective go-to move like Jamison's quick hookshot, that'd be one thing. But right now the guy has no post moves. His inside game consists entirely of him trying to ram his way through traffic. It doesn't work.
+1

Jamison.. man that boy was smooth with the ball, still is.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:04 PM   #87
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
You don't really need much ball-handling in the post, even if you aren't Jamison. Bass should be better in the low post. I guess it's something he's just gotta work on. Maybe it's something he never develops, some people just don't have the feel for it. My point is the size thing really isn't an excuse. He's got plenty of strength and athleticism to have a post game if he just works on it. I've seen plenty of smaller guys score in the low post, but of course they have the skills for it.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 02-26-2008 at 03:10 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote