Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-02-2008, 06:42 PM   #1
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of
Default 2 Years after the Wade debacle....

.... this coach has no idea what to do with a hot wing player. We basically allowed Kobe to do whatever he wanted in the 4th. The guys played well enough to win this game, and Kobe had a parade to the FT line throughout the 4th to counter anything good we did. After Wade did exactly the same thing, it might be a good idea to start either coaching your team better, or to actually try to bring in a good defensive stopper.

We can't rely on the "warriors" Stack, Jet, Howard, or the "veterans" George, Jones to do that.

Too bad indeed, cause Dirk matched Kobe one for one down the stretch, and that is an amazing thing to say about a 7 footer. I still feel like he has to do everything at times for the team.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

It was befuddling that he took so long to start running the double team to force the ball out of his hands. As soon as we started doing that, we started getting some stops. Just started too late.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:48 PM   #3
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity
.... this coach has no idea what to do with a hot wing player. We basically allowed Kobe to do whatever he wanted in the 4th. The guys played well enough to win this game, and Kobe had a parade to the FT line throughout the 4th to counter anything good we did. After Wade did exactly the same thing, it might be a good idea to start either coaching your team better, or to actually try to bring in a good defensive stopper.

We can't rely on the "warriors" Stack, Jet, Howard, or the "veterans" George, Jones to do that.

Too bad indeed, cause Dirk matched Kobe one for one down the stretch, and that is an amazing thing to say about a 7 footer. I still feel like he has to do everything at times for the team.
No one stops Kobe actaully, so their's not much you can do. If you double team him, he will find the open guy and they have 3 point shooters who can knock it down.

In a seven game series, we can beat these guys. Let's concentrate on getting all of our assignments up to par right now, Josh needs to start playing towards the basket and not trying to be Reggie Miller, this is the same problem we had with Finley. And also, Josh needs to get better defensively.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:49 PM   #4
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

the blame goes further than Johnson. this whole team can compete with any of those top 4 teams...we just can't beat them. kinda sucks to go from best team in the league last year to this.

you can forget this team coming on strong in march and april. they'll be lucky to get the 8th spot.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
the blame goes further than Johnson. this whole team can compete with any of those top 4 teams...we just can't beat them. kinda sucks to go from best team in the league last year to this.

you can forget this team coming on strong in march and april. they'll be lucky to get the 8th spot.
This is just a worthless post.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 03-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
It was befuddling that he took so long to start running the double team to force the ball out of his hands. As soon as we started doing that, we started getting some stops. Just started too late.
I think AJ has a high hoops IQ for a player and a low one for a coach...does that make sense?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:10 PM   #7
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, I think the Lakers would have adjusted pretty quickly. In fact, with one of the so-called stops, Kobe adjusted perfectly by immediately recognizing where the double team was coming from and going the other way. The only problem was that the Lakers weren't in position to give him good passing options. Give them just a couple of possessions, and I'm sure the Lakers would have adjusted and gotten some easy buckets. Maybe Avery just wanted to save that trick up his sleeve until the most important junction of the game, which he did.

Can't we just appreciate a player who is perhaps the most offensively complete player this game has ever seen playing at the top of his game?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 03-02-2008 at 07:11 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #8
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I think AJ has a high hoops IQ for a player and a low one for a coach...does that make sense?

Yes, it does. And I halfly agree

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:40 PM   #9
mellowyellow75206

mellowyellow75206 will become famous soon enough

i think we miss del harris and his infuence on the defense
mellowyellow75206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:45 PM   #10
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
I don't know, I think the Lakers would have adjusted pretty quickly. In fact, with one of the so-called stops, Kobe adjusted perfectly by immediately recognizing where the double team was coming from and going the other way. The only problem was that the Lakers weren't in position to give him good passing options. Give them just a couple of possessions, and I'm sure the Lakers would have adjusted and gotten some easy buckets. Maybe Avery just wanted to save that trick up his sleeve until the most important junction of the game, which he did.

Can't we just appreciate a player who is perhaps the most offensively complete player this game has ever seen playing at the top of his game?
Sure, if that's what you enjoy about a message board. I like to talk about the options we had and maybe what we can do differently this time.

Sure they would have adjusted. They DID adjust. But you still try to take the ball out of the hands of the best offensive player on the planet.

A couple less drives might have kept Damp in the game longer as well.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #11
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Quote:

We had Griffin first to try to stop Wade and Kobe and we let him go back to Chicago. Then we got Buckner for a Kobe stopper and he was worthless. Then we got Hassell for the Wade and Kobe stopper but we did not keep him long. Eddie Jones use to be good on defense and he is to old to play now. George is older and not fast enough. Terry is to small. Howard use to be really good on defense but it almost looks like he isn't feeling good or i am not sure what is wrong and maybe his heart isn't in it anymore. He is still a good player but he had a chance of being a star in the league. In all fairness, Kobe is the best and no one stops him but you hope to slow him down.

I was impressed with our team today. At half Terry or Dirk had done nothing and we was winning the game. I am impressed with Kidd and his passing. I was impressed with Dampier. Terry and Dirk finally started hitting shots. Remember, no one gives us a chance against the Spurs or Lakers. We lose by 3 at the Spurs against the Spurs. We lost in OT against the Lakers in LA. So we was not dominated. We held our own. It shows me we can play with these teams and maybe beat them. We do not have a stopper down the stretch for a player like Kobe or to slow him. That player was suppose to be Hassell. Howard is more than capable. Howard is doing better.

I am not compalining about this loss, we played hard. We lost fair and square and Kobe was great but we played with them. The bad thing is it is so many good teams in the west that you have to win against a good team every now and then and on there home court because if you do not, you might not make the playoffs. I feel we will. Utah is almost unbeatable at home and they can't win on the road. We have a good team.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:52 PM   #12
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Kobe is great, I know that. But the FT parade was ridicolous. He seemed like he wasn't even breaking a sweat, going to the right all the time. Our players have to be coached better, to at least make him work.

And Josh is not even a good defender anymore, I mean he is a pretty bad defender at times.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #13
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Lakers shot 50 Free throws. Think about that.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:57 PM   #14
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Sure, if that's what you enjoy about a message board. I like to talk about the options we had and maybe what we can do differently this time.

Sure they would have adjusted. They DID adjust. But you still try to take the ball out of the hands of the best offensive player on the planet.

A couple less drives might have kept Damp in the game longer as well.
Okay, so you agree with me then. If they are going to adjust quickly, why not save it for the most important stretch of the game.

Also, what I'm complaining about is I feel everyone's hatred for Avery and some of our stupid players has caused people to lose objectivity. I'm sorry, but a player at Kobe's level is going to adjust to the double team. Kobe didn't just fall of the turnip truck, you know. As a matter of fact, I thought he adjusted to it quite well the second it came but his teammates just weren't in place. When you look at it that way, maybe Avery did something smart for once by not going to it too early.

And with players like Odom and Gasol, would the Lakers really have stopped attacking the basket when Kobe got doubled? I doubt it. Dampier probably would have gotten that last foul anyways, just in a different way.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 03-02-2008 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:01 PM   #15
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

We need a Bruce Bowen. That's what we need.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:01 PM   #16
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Other things i noticed.

Walton and Odom is so important to the Lakers. They do alot of the dirty work and fight for the ball, especially Walton.

Gasol will kill you, if you do not bump him around. When Dampier got physical with him, he didn't do much but alot of his early was Kobed penetrating and dishing to him. He fits the Lakers very good but the more you push him, shove him. bump him around, he starts to stay out of the middle and starts standing around. He is a big key for the Lakers and more than capable

Fisher is normally clutch and he missed some key shots.

The wing player that starts with a V, The Machine, he couldn't hit a shot and he normally makes his shots. Kobe, Walton was setting him up time after time and he was missing.

The Lakers are good but not a lock by any means. I liked dampiers tough play today. I also liked Dirk did not quit, even with his shot not going down and also he has had probs with Odom and Marion before but he called for the ball and was going one on one with Odom and was not scarred of Odom. He tried hard and came on in the 4th and even Terry started hitting some 3's. I liked how we never quit. One play was impressive was when Dirk tied the game with the 3 to go in ot and it was all because of Terry. Terry set a pick and bulldozed Farmar over and even got physical with Odom and held both off for Dirk to shoot and Dirk made the shot. It is alot of these lil things to make you good by the playoffs. In the end, it was Kobe being Magic Johnson, Bird, Jordan, Chamberlin, Russell and Jabaar. It was many, many moves and plays in the 4th he made that was un human. I am not a Kobe fan but he is by far the best in the NBA and also he hates to lose and has alot of heart. It is so close in talent with about 6 teams in the west, it is wide open.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:04 PM   #17
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
As much as I hate that guy, I gotta agree with you on that one.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 03-02-2008, 08:16 PM   #18
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Smart teams will charge in and down the lane in the last minutes of the game and make the refs call a charge or foul. The Lakers and Kobe did this but he moves his body in mid air he can avoid a charge(usually). That running hook and some of those plays he made wasn't easy and he kept splitting two defenders we had on him. Dampier alot of times would not let him dunk or come in for a layup and he would stop and shoot. Dampier also got physical with Kobe and did not give him anything free, so Kobe started whinning. Dampier held his ground and the painted area.

I think in the last game with the Spurs, we shot more ft's than them and on paper we won that game but for real we lost. We did everything to win in SA. More ft atempts is so important and is winning basketball. This why Kobe and Wade and even Lebron is so hard to defense because they are going to the rim in the 4th. They force the refs to make a call. They are penetraters. Remember, we had Harris and now we have Kidd but we have no more one on one penetraters. Dirk is doing better but he doesn't face you, he goes with his back to you and spins one way or the other. I give him credit, he is trying to penetrate and going towards the basket.

It goes back to us wanting and needing a big penetrating and athletic shooting guard. One that plays defense also. The Spurs do the same thing usually as Kobe, give Gino or Parker the ball in the 4th and let them penetrate or dish inside to Duncan. I think we play more like Detroit. They are very good defenders and have alot of good shooters. We are good and have a shot. I was also impressed with Bass, he played hard and played big. He is really starting to hit that jump shot also but he goes hard for rebounds inside and back up with the ball.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:25 PM   #19
endrity
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
I think in the last game with the Spurs, we shot more ft's than them and on paper we won that game but for real we lost. We did everything to win in SA. More ft atempts is so important and is winning basketball. This why Kobe and Wade and even Lebron is so hard to defense because they are going to the rim in the 4th. They force the refs to make a call. They are penetraters. Remember, we had Harris and now we have Kidd but we have no more one on one penetraters. Dirk is doing better but he doesn't face you, he goes with his back to you and spins one way or the other. I give him credit, he is trying to penetrate and going towards the basket.

It goes back to us wanting and needing a big penetrating and athletic shooting guard. One that plays defense also. The Spurs do the same thing usually as Kobe, give Gino or Parker the ball in the 4th and let them penetrate or dish inside to Duncan.
Didn't we have someone named Josh Howard??? I bet you that guy was a beast going to the basket. Wonder what he is up to these days ... hmmm!!!
Old 03-02-2008, 08:28 PM   #20
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

If we had a Bowen, it would be a dream come true. Even if the guy could not score a lick but we could bring him in the 4th and slow the Kobe players down some. That is the Spurs ace in the hole and Bowen is old but he is still pretty good doing this.

We tried with Griffin, Buckner, and then Hassell. It would be great if we could find a good defensive wing player and one of the very best defensive players in all college basketball last year. His name was Reyshawn Terry and he has alot of size, one of the fastest guys on he court and jumps like Maxiel. We have him playing in Europe i think and i have no idea how he is doing but i felt like he has a chance of being a Bruce Bowen in the nba. He also flys to the rim like Carter for dunks but you must feed him and he goes up in the clouds and takes it home. Avery doesn't like rookies or younger guys, so i am not sure if he would ever get a chance but yes you guys are so right, we do need a wing guy that can play defense. Even if it was for the 4th quarter.

We win a title if we had a pretty good one against Miami and we would have won this game today with one. It isn't easy for our staff because Terry can shoot but he is small at sg and gives something up on defense. Dirk is a 7 footer and is a power forward and plays like a sg or shooting forward but he is going inside more. Dampier is good on defense but doesn't score, so maybe it is hard to fit all pieces around these type players. I still have hope and feel we can play with any of them.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:35 PM   #21
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Quote:
Didn't we have someone named Josh Howard??? I bet you that guy was a beast going to the basket. Wonder what he is up to these days ... hmmm!!!
You are right. He and Kidd are the ticket to a title. Dirk, Terry are going to score. Dampier is going to play defense and be a load in the middle. What will these other players do? Mostly Howard?

I agree, our ticket is if Josh really steps up on defense like he is very capable of doing. The other is Howard on offense. Not shooting outside and this is even if he scores 25 a game from the outside. This makes us a bombs away team with Terry, Dirk and Howard and no driving to the basket. Even if Howard fouls out the first half, in all honesty i feel our meal ticket is if Howard drives the ball. I have seen him so so good and people fouling him, trying to stop him. Avery must preach this. Josh must penerate and put pressure on these good defenses. Kidd is doing good and driving, then dishing.

So yes i agree with you, i feel most everything hinges on Josh Howard from being good to maybe a great team. Do not get me wrong, he is good now but he can easily be a star and we need this and him doing the things we do not do or have. He is the one that cand do them an it is Averys job to tell him.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:49 PM   #22
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

For some reason right now I cannot get the possibility (even though a veryverry small one) of getting Marion at some point in exchange for Howard. Just the player we would need to team with Kiddirk. Basically he would be on a Suns-like team that would be much better overall than the Suns.. but he would still have some spotlight since Kidd isnt a big scorer, and Dirk would be the only other consistant scorer. He would be a better defender than anyone we could pick up.. .. i have no idea why Im talking about this. but yeah.. Id push for it every second after the season is up. .. Marion will probably want to leave Miami in free agency, and Miami probably couldnt get anyone better than Howard in exchange. Would also have to add in some others probably to match salary though.

I hope Marion gets upset with Miami and his teammates not caring and publicly says he wants to leave. And I hope Howard goes crazy in the playoffs and gets a couple 40 pt games. .. then yeah people would want to keep him, but look at him throughout the season and see that Marion would bea better fit bar none, and use those 40pt games to make the trade happen. ... and just the idea of the Suns giving up Marion for Shaq and tthat trade not working out for them for Marion to eventually come to Dallas. Oh that would be a riot.

Last edited by Robillion; 03-02-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:06 PM   #23
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we have a driving power forward the last time I looked. One that get 7.4ft/game versus 8.6 for kobe.

We need to make sure that we keep that guy playing like the guy we've seen the last 5 games.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:39 PM   #24
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion
For some reason right now I cannot get the possibility (even though a veryverry small one) of getting Marion at some point in exchange for Howard. Just the player we would need to team with Kiddirk. Basically he would be on a Suns-like team that would be much better overall than the Suns.. but he would still have some spotlight since Kidd isnt a big scorer, and Dirk would be the only other consistant scorer. He would be a better defender than anyone we could pick up.. .. i have no idea why Im talking about this. but yeah.. Id push for it every second after the season is up. .. Marion will probably want to leave Miami in free agency, and Miami probably couldnt get anyone better than Howard in exchange. Would also have to add in some others probably to match salary though.

I hope Marion gets upset with Miami and his teammates not caring and publicly says he wants to leave. And I hope Howard goes crazy in the playoffs and gets a couple 40 pt games. .. then yeah people would want to keep him, but look at him throughout the season and see that Marion would bea better fit bar none, and use those 40pt games to make the trade happen. ... and just the idea of the Suns giving up Marion for Shaq and tthat trade not working out for them for Marion to eventually come to Dallas. Oh that would be a riot.

My traitor-heart is starting to think the same thing...

(plus, I really want to see D'Antoni's face if Marion hauls us in a Championship after the Suns cut him loose!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:03 PM   #25
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
My traitor-heart is starting to think the same thing...

(plus, I really want to see D'Antoni's face if Marion hauls us in a Championship after the Suns cut him loose!)
But his shot is soo ugly!

I guess I could buy some vomit bags...

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 03-02-2008 at 11:04 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:05 PM   #26
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Be glad I like you, because normally I would make someone pay for the mere suggestion that we acquire someone remotely resembling that disgusting piece of horsecrap that is Bruce Bowen.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:27 AM   #27
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

You guys just don't have a player who can check big, athletic guards...that's all. Hell, a team can't have everything....
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:52 AM   #28
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the first step of your Marion dream is starting. He's already started to call out his teammates for their lack of desire. I can't imagine that he walks away from the pay-day though, unless he is certain he'll get it somewhere else.

If a deal was out there for Marion for Howard/filler, I'll take it and run.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:34 AM   #29
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Lakers shot 50 Free throws. Think about that.
WOW....................
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #30
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Be glad I like you, because normally I would make someone pay for the mere suggestion that we acquire someone remotely resembling that disgusting piece of horsecrap that is Bruce Bowen.
Fair enough, let me rephrase--we need a player who is versatile and tenacious enough to defend all sorts of swingmen, sort of like Bruce Bowen--but without the UFC tactics.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote