Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

View Poll Results: Who will win the Championship?
Kansas 9 56.25%
Memphis 3 18.75%
UNC 4 25.00%
UCLA 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2008, 01:16 PM   #1
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of
Question Who will win the Championship?

Kansas
Memphis
UNC
UCLA
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i voted for UNC, but i am rooting for Kansas
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:19 PM   #3
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
i voted for UNC, but i am rooting for Kansas
i voted for UNC too!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:53 PM   #4
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

KU wins! Memphis....free throws killed them. In the South Regionals in Houston, the free throws helped them win games, but in the championship game...they missed free throws down the stretch (and early in the game) that cost them the championship.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:57 PM   #5
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing comeback by Kansas. Big XII better get its much deserved rep now. It's long overdue.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:04 PM   #6
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Look at KU's website:

Quote:
CHAMPIONS!
KU wins the national championship game! After defeating Memphis 75-68 in overtime, the Jayhawks clinch the fifth national championship in school history and the first since 1988. Tuesday classes are canceled in honor of KU's victory.
Beautiful.

Now, it is nice that KU won and everything, but I don't like them celebrating so much, so close to UT. GTFO!
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:48 PM   #7
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

i can't believe memphis choked that game away to kansas. way to make a free throw CDR-W

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:49 PM   #8
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe Memphis choked on those free throws at the end. And boy did that 5th foul on Dorsey really change the tide of the game. Memphis just doesn't really have much of a strong inside presence after him, and they got abused inside by the Kansas interior players.

And why did Rose not really get a shot off in overtime? He's way too good to be deferring to some of those teammates with the game on the line.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 04-07-2008 at 11:50 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:39 AM   #9
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

woo hoo! i called it.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #10
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

i hate to be a downer, well...actually I kinda get a sadistic kick from it, but anyway....

the college game kinda blows. it looks more like a combination track meet / wwf event than a basketball game.

it's all about the freak athlete, and there aren't enough really skilled players at that level for teams to win via any route other than the freak athlete. any player that's got a chance at developing any real skills winds up in the nba after his freshman year, so what you get in these games is a collection of unskilled freak athletes.

and that, in a nutshell, was last nights game.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:58 AM   #11
Chicken Diavlo

Chicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really nice

While a basketball purist might not have enjoyed it so much, I thought it was one hell of an entertaining game.
Chicken Diavlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:07 AM   #12
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

College game is fine. It's certainly not anywhere near the level of the NBA game in terms of grace, polish, or execution, but it's great in its own right.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote