Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 06-21-2008, 12:32 AM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Obamas public finanicing lie may not be so hot after all

So Hussein decides to opt out of public financing...almost pulling a bubba wagging his boney finger and promising he'll stay in it, until he doesn't. He figures the money train is never-ending. Eek..

Quote:
Barack Obama may want to rethink his position on public financing after all. Not only did he lose most of the contests over the last three months of the primary, his fundraising numbers declined during the same period. In just-released figures, Obama had his weakest fundraising month of 2008 in May, outraising John McCain by only a million:

Democrat Barack Obama raised $22 million in May for his presidential campaign, his weakest fundraising month this year, and ended the month with $43 million cash on hand, the campaign reported Friday.

That puts him behind McCain, after spending $5 million more in May than he raised:

The May figures place Obama and McCain on nearly equal footing. McCain raised $21 million in May and reported $31.6 million cash on hand at month’s end.

But McCain also benefited from the Republican National Committee, which reported $53.5 million cash on hand to the Democratic national committee’s $4 million. The parties are already working with their respective presidential candidates to coordinate their campaigns.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2008, 12:04 PM   #2
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

You should not even be taken seriously as you run around all over the internet and it looks like you are being paid to attack, to spew hate, and stir up as much cow piles as you can. It shows at many sites where you spew off at the same things. Go back to the one that pays you and tell them to give you 100 or 200 more sites you can post on. Tell them to give you some better faith and values one liners. Tell them i am getting tired of those same old one liners.

If people want to see you for who you really are maybe they need to look around.

washingtonmonthly, varifrank.com, plnewsforum, thinkprogress.org, strat-sphere.com, main.pajamasmedia.com, the-reaction.blogspot.com, bluecrabboulevard.com, www.aspo-usa.com, http://biglizards.net,

I am tired of listing them as it is 100's more almost like you are a bot being paid to spew off at the mouth. You can find a better job dude, get out of the house and go spend some money and stimulate the economy. Typing this same ole stuff you do daily at 100's of sites daily will make you a tired ole man. Spend some money dude or hand out some of that spew money to a liberal.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:20 PM   #3
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Not surprised Obama went this route. He'll get some heat for not staying the course (and deservedly so) but will be better for it.

Not sure where to put this (lounge or politics) but I thought I'd throw it in a Obama thread..

http://www.slate.com/id/2193798/

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:34 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Let me make sure I understand it.

Obama looks his constituents straight in the eye and because of his great belief of public financing he swears that he won't eschew public financing. He asks for John McCain to join him on this very important issue.

Until he see's an advantage for it.

Now I understand politics and I understand looking past your candidates warts...but in general when a politician flat out gives something like this that is so core to his philosophy (i.e. read my lips) then so hypocritically decides that it's better for him personally to backtrack on it, doesn't it sorta tell something about his character, or lack of it?

I mean this isn't a policy statement, something that with new facts he changes his mind because it's a better solution, this is a core belief that he just cavalierly blew off because he'll make more money this way, he thinks.

No..nothing to look at here...just move on.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 06-21-2008, 12:39 PM   #5
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
You should not even be taken seriously as you run around all over the internet and it looks like you are being paid to attack, to spew hate, and stir up as much cow piles as you can. It shows at many sites where you spew off at the same things. Go back to the one that pays you and tell them to give you 100 or 200 more sites you can post on. Tell them to give you some better faith and values one liners. Tell them i am getting tired of those same old one liners.
I want part of this super-secret RNC that had the foresight in 2002 to recruit Dude and have him sit in our forums for 6 years, garnering posts/reputation, so that by the time this election started, he could be turned on like a sleeper agent to do what he'd been paid to do all along. Dude, you had me fooled!

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 06-21-2008 at 12:40 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:45 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno

If people want to see you for who you really are maybe they need to look around.

washingtonmonthly, varifrank.com, plnewsforum, thinkprogress.org, strat-sphere.com, main.pajamasmedia.com, the-reaction.blogspot.com, bluecrabboulevard.com, www.aspo-usa.com, http://biglizards.net,

I am tired of listing them as it is 100's more almost like you are a bot being paid to spew off at the mouth. You can find a better job dude, get out of the house and go spend some money and stimulate the economy. Typing this same ole stuff you do daily at 100's of sites daily will make you a tired ole man. Spend some money dude or hand out some of that spew money to a liberal.
You are really a funny one janet...Let's take a look at the most visited liberal site on the web...the koskids. If you want to see some real hate.

And you really should examine your website hate list a little bit. Last time I looked the washingtonmonhly was a left of center site. But from your perspective, if it's not pravda, it's the wall street journal.

Quote:
The Washington Monthly is a monthly magazine of United States politics and government that is based in Washington, D.C..

The magazine's founder is Charles Peters, who started the magazine in 1969 and continues to write monthly columns. Paul Glastris, former speechwriter for Bill Clinton, has been the Monthly's editor-in-chief since 2001. Author and journalist Markos Kounalakis is the magazine's current president. Nick Penniman is the magazine's current publisher. Past staff editors of the magazine include Taylor Branch, James Fallows, David Ignatius, Nicholas Lemann, Mickey Kaus, Jonathan Alter, Joshua Green and Jon Meacham.

The politics of the Monthly are left of center, though somewhat moderately so.
I wish I knew who was writing the checks. Of course when the msm is getting a "tingle down their leg" when Obama speaks, you sorta need some balance.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:46 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
I want part of this super-secret RNC that had the foresight in 2002 to recruit Dude and have him sit in our forums for 6 years, garnering posts/reputation, so that by the time this election started, he could be turned on like a sleeper agent to do what he'd been paid to do all along. Dude, you had me fooled!
Me and DocBio!! Neo-Cons UNITE!!
Old 06-21-2008, 12:53 PM   #8
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Me and DocBio!! Neo-Cons UNITE!!
First thing that popped into my head...

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:54 PM   #9
dude1394
Guru

Hmm...I'm kind of surprised that so many liberal folks are as openly upset with Obama's read-my-lips moment.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0608/11242.html
Quote:
For most voters, Barack Obama’s shift away from public financing is not as big a deal as the mounting death toll in Iraq, surging gas prices — or even what they’re going to make for dinner tonight.

But Obama’s announcement Thursday that he would become the first candidate to opt out of the public financing program for the general election was a big deal for some of the nation’s most influential newspaper editorial boards, which have long been ardent champions of campaign finance reform and which had thought they’d found a kindred spirit on the issue.
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/polit...ing_06-20.html
Quote:
Shields, Brooks Discuss Obama's Fundraising Shift, McCain's Energy Proposal
MARK SHIELDS, syndicated columnist: Judy, Barack Obama made history this week. He became the first presidential nominee since Richard Nixon in 1972 to state that his campaign will be funded totally by private donations with no limits on spending.

It was a flip-flop of epic proportions. It was one that he could not rationalize or justify. His video was unconvincing. He looked like someone who was being kept as a hostage somewhere he was so absolutely unconvincing in it. It could not have passed a polygraph test.

I mean, coming up with this bogus argument the Republicans have so much more money -- the Republicans don't have so much more money. He's raised three times as much as John McCain has.

He has every possible committee, except Republican National Committee, Democrats at the Senate level, congressional level have this lopsided edge over Republicans. They spent three times as much, did Democratic leaning 527s, in the last election as did Republicans.

So what Obama didn't admit was, up until February of this year, when he told Tim Russert that not only would he aggressively seek an agreement on public financing, that he personally would sit down with John McCain and work it out, then, all of a sudden, they realized that all these small contributions were coming in and he was going to have a financial advantage in the fall against the Republican, and they grabbed it.
It's good for the media to not always have the backs of the democrats, it would do their buisness good. The country for sure, but their business also.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:05 AM   #10
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
First thing that popped into my head...

FORM BLAZING SWORD!!!!!!!!

Great post, DirkFTW ...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 06-22-2008 at 05:07 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:41 AM   #11
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Hmm...I'm kind of surprised that so many liberal folks are as openly upset with Obama's read-my-lips moment.
It's because Obama brings a new kind of politics. You know, above using race as a political tool, above shady characters, above the lies and pandering that make up what Washington has been about for so long. By "above" I mean something like "it's ok to use this stuff"
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote