Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-13-2002, 09:26 AM   #1
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

In light of this latest trade by the Pistons, we can see that a youth movement is definitely occuring in Detroit. So I guess this means Dumars is willing to trade some of their veterans for quality young players in the league.

I wonder what you guys thought of Clifford Robinson and/or Zeljiko Rebracca (i know he was a rookie last year, but he's like almost 30 already) and the possibility of using wang and other baits to get them.

i'm not endorsing either, because i haven't seen either play regularly. however, i do know that Robinson was a pretty money post player in his Suns days and that he does have the 3pt shot to add to his repertoire. but the KEY thing is that this guy made the all-defensive second team last year. he's not a rebounding force, but he could be used to guard the other team's big men from the 4 or 5 spot. so i think all these tools make him a nellie type guy. i don't know if he's very quick and can handle our run and gun system. also, he shot 42% the last two years which doesn't excite me much.

rebracca is another guy who impressed me in the one game i watched. he's a great post player and a big body. i don't know about his defense or rebounding. furthermore, robinson only has 1 year left on his contract and i think rebracca has two years left.

thoughts?

i'm sure cba rules might make it tough to get them, but what are yall's thoughts on them as players and if they would fit with the mavs.

3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2002, 10:10 AM   #2
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Cliff Robinson would be a great fit for the Mavs.

Don´t think we need another unproven center.
Old 09-13-2002, 10:20 AM   #3
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Yes, Cliff would be great, but I doubt if we could get him.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 11:04 AM   #4
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Cliff is and old and aging player with a troubled history, past and recent. Not a long-term help, and he would be looking for minutes at the 4 and the 5? That means taking minutes at those positions from Dirk and/or LaF. He's definitely nowhere near a Dirk, and I'm not sure that the short-term gain of what he'd provide over LaF, justifies the longer-term loss they'd incur by not developing a younger talent who can actually contribute.

No to Cliff. No to any 30 year-old rookies.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 11:07 AM   #5
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

3, 4, 5 depending on matchups for Cliff, and there´s 20 mins a game for him then behind Dirk and LaF imho ...

he would be taking minutes from Eddie, and maybe Bradley, and he´d be a great backup in case Nellie and Bradley once again can´t get it done.
Old 09-13-2002, 12:03 PM   #6
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

IMO Wang's not a fit in Detroit and Robinson makes a TON of money we would have to use TAW and someone else or Nick, rather stand pat than bring on another soft good scorer like Cliff...heck we have a minutes crunch developing already.

I do not know anything about the other center, but again we are loaded with centers already.
pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 01:39 PM   #7
Dirk77
Banned

Dirk77 is on a distinguished road

LOL, cliff is not, not at all soft. I like him and rebarcca. If you've never seen rebarcca play, watch for games, lol, he's a solid rebounder and defender, and like ichiro, may be old rokie, but still is exp.
Dirk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 01:42 PM   #8
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

rebracca is 29 years old. but hes so solid. when he played against the mavs last year he absolutely killed us in that game with his variety of low post moves. if the mavs could get him, he'd be an instant upgrade over esch and bradley.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 10:03 AM   #9
mali king

mali king is on a distinguished road

getting Rebraca would be a HUGE step for the Mavs. He is an excellent player, the best center from YU (yes, better than Divac IMO). You'll hear much more from him next season. I can put my money on it.
mali king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 10:39 AM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Yea I like REbraca also. I was interested in him till someone pointed out that is 29 years old. But still I wouldnt mind to have him. I Would do it but I thought the whole point of this was to trade WAng to GS? And I dont know who said Cliff was soft but there wrong. He may be a soft center because he dosent have the body but he is no softer than Lafrentz at the center position. And I too remember Rebraca killing us and grabbin boards last season even tho that doesent say much being it was against us.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 11:34 AM   #11
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

Uhmmm, sorry guys, may sound weird, but killing US at the center position is not neccessarily a sign of quality ...
Old 09-14-2002, 07:17 PM   #12
i.liek.basketball

i.liek.basketball is on a distinguished road

ouch
i.liek.basketball is offline   Reply With Quote