Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-14-2002, 10:31 AM   #41
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< Both you guys need to take it down a notch.

FFM, I don't think Doc was trying to be rude when he said &quot;what are you smoking.&quot; That's just a way to say he disagrees. Next time, just tell him you're smoking the good shit and explain yourself. Aiiiight?

And Doc, race, race, race. There probably ARE mexicans somewhere on some east side of some city selling crack, just like there are white guys somewhere selling it and probably eskimos and indians, too. Just because someone uses a term to describe someone's ethnicity doesn't NECESSARILY make it racist.

AND... Krause DID trade Officer Polynice for Pippen. Pretty smart in my opinion. But not the best all time, or top 5 right now. If you are raking all the current GMs based on their careers, he might go top 10, though.
>>

I didnt take it as a insult I just got pissed when he kept on sayin it. I could careless who posts what im smokin lol. And thats all I was saying that he should be up there with West I gues people thought I meant in front of him or right behind him but I didnt mean that. Top 10 sounds right to me im not hatin.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2002, 05:44 PM   #42
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

Some people could care less and some people could careless.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 06:36 PM   #43
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Rhylan- when you identify a racial class and say they are selling, that is a racist coment. It is a stereotype and if he didn't mean that way...fine, but it is still a racist comment. And that shows nothing but ignorance imo.

I thought he was done with this thread anyway. Some people just can't keep their word.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 06:53 PM   #44
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

FFM wasn't showing ignorance with his crack selling statement. He was showing intelligence. Every Race sells crack, Mexicans just sell the bad crack

JUST JOKING
Old 09-14-2002, 07:10 PM   #45
Drbio
Banned

totally not funny.
Old 09-14-2002, 07:15 PM   #46
i.liek.basketball

i.liek.basketball is on a distinguished road

absolutely hillarious-- lighten up
i.liek.basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 07:44 PM   #47
Drbio
Banned

you are wrong. But that is my opinion.
Old 09-14-2002, 07:53 PM   #48
i.liek.basketball

i.liek.basketball is on a distinguished road

to tell you the truth i wasnt referring to Just's mexican crack, just the whole &quot;jump-to-conclusions&quot; mat thats labeled racism all over this thread and its overuse in society
i.liek.basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 08:00 PM   #49
Drbio
Banned

Not going to bash your opinion.

welcome to the board.
Old 09-14-2002, 08:06 PM   #50
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

yeah, welcome i.liek., Nice to have someone aboard that doesn't take everything so serious.
Old 09-14-2002, 10:52 PM   #51
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Doc, I think it's time to stop allowing whatever sensitivities you have to get you all riled up ttrying to put the smack down on everybody else with them.

What Just211 said was funny.

What if I say that Mexican food makes me fart a lot? Those damn Mexicans make food that just tears me up. I identified a racial class and said something negative. Where do you draw the line?

If selling and smoking crack is the bad thing that when attached to a specific ethnicitiy makes a comment racist, then maybe you shouldn't sling around comments about people smoking crack so liberally. If saying it is so bad.

But saying it is NOT so bad. Why?

Because you draw the line at whether or not the intent was to hurt someone's feelings. FFM's original statement was clearly lighthearted. Something you'd say joking with your friends, hanging out at the Gas n' Sip or wherever.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 11:13 PM   #52
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< Doc, I think it's time to stop allowing whatever sensitivities you have to get you all riled up ttrying to put the smack down on everybody else with them.

What Just211 said was funny.

What if I say that Mexican food makes me fart a lot? Those damn Mexicans make food that just tears me up. I identified a racial class and said something negative. Where do you draw the line?

If selling and smoking crack is the bad thing that when attached to a specific ethnicitiy makes a comment racist, then maybe you shouldn't sling around comments about people smoking crack so liberally. If saying it is so bad.

But saying it is NOT so bad. Why?

Because you draw the line at whether or not the intent was to hurt someone's feelings. FFM's original statement was clearly lighthearted. Something you'd say joking with your friends, hanging out at the Gas n' Sip or wherever.
>>

YEa i know I said I was through with this thread but its so hard when ur name is brought back up in a post. Anyways thanks Rylan and Just for understandin what I was sayin. I meant no racism and if ur mexican Bio then im sorry but I shouldnt be apologizin but whatever. I felt this was a discussion board and everything goes but racism and I felt I wasnt bein a racist by sayin it. I was just bumpin this 2pac song called Live in DIe and LA and on a verse I think the last one he says &quot;THere wouldnt be LA without Mexicans....&quot;. Now Pac didnt get critisim for sayin that or being called a racist. But anyway thanks RHylan for clearin that up ur post was exactly what I was tryin to say but I just couldnt get it out and type it like u did. Preciate it.

1996-2005
Old 09-14-2002, 11:31 PM   #53
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Good song, FFM.. I was just thinking about putting some Pac into my changer in my truck.

I don't wanna come down on Doc cuz he's the man and he's got good intentions, because none of us want to deal with racist comments period. But just consider the context before you make a conclusion. You can't assume on semantics alone what someone means when they say something.
Old 09-15-2002, 05:22 AM   #54
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

I could careless.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 10:35 AM   #55
Drbio
Banned

Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree. Had he said black people or the n-word was selling crack, there would have been a shitstorm. I still think it's bad taste.
Old 09-15-2002, 01:16 PM   #56
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree. Had he said black people or the n-word was selling crack, there would have been a shitstorm. I still think it's bad taste. >>

Well Bio am im black and the N word has a history of hatred and saying mexican doesent so thats the difference. Regardless im not hatin on Bio or anything and he disagreed with me on what I thought which is all coo but this all ended up being because I said a &quot;racial&quot; statement which I felt wasnt racial. I have nothin against Bio thats why I dont understand why he is showin me so much hatred over a statment. Anyway bouts to back and watch tha Cowboys game Ill Holla.

1996-2005
Old 09-15-2002, 04:44 PM   #57
Dirk77
Banned

Dirk77 is on a distinguished road

!Cut the crap !Dribio, FFM wasn't being racist, you know it, if you don't, you should. If I say I have a canadian friend who is a ass hole. !Does that mean im categorizing all canadians as ass holes? No.
!What he said was &quot;bad stuff from mexican dealers&quot; Now that isn't a stereotype, rather a factual statement. If I see a group of Irish drinking beer and say &quot;look, those Irish guy's are drinking beer.&quot; Let's break it down. It is a fact the men drinking beer are Irish, is it not? !Did I imply all irish man drink beer? No. But did i say those men, who are irish are drinking beer? yes. !West is THE GM, no doubt, but i think fatty krause, though an a-hole, is top 10.

i don't won't to start a war here, but c'mon
Dirk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 04:55 PM   #58
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

D77, considering your history here, I STRONGLY urge you to reconsider that post. Particularly since you have been someone who has accused others of being racist on numerous occasions.

This thread is about to hit the trash can very shortly. FFM and Doc have explained their positions. Nuff has been said.
Old 09-15-2002, 05:06 PM   #59
Dirk77
Banned

!Rhlyan, I know you dislike me, not sure why, but I know you don't. But please try to keep your hate for me unobjective on the board, ok.

I won't reconsider my post, because there was nothing wrong with it. This board isn't communist, sorry rhylan gorbachov. I simply made an informative reply that wasn't offense and stated my OPINION!
I strongly urge you to quit being bias against me.

Please, tell me one thing offensive, vulgar or against the guidlines in my post. that's what i thought.

!And don't lie, I nevert accused anyone of being a racist here, when did i do this?

but you have accused people of being racist. (doesn't feel so great to have someone lie about you, does it?)
Old 09-15-2002, 05:18 PM   #60
Drbio
Banned

I wondered how long it would take until the real D77 showed back up. The worthless crap is back.

FFM- not hating on you dude. If I mistook it...it just happens. I hate when a class is identified like that...maybe if the statement ahd just been buying crack down o nthe eastside without the identity....You know its hard to tell on a board and I still don't think it's productive, etc but whatever.......next topic.
Old 09-15-2002, 05:25 PM   #61
Dirk77
Banned

excuse me, I hope you are banned. That was a personal attack, calling me a worthless piece of crap was chilidish, against the community guidlines, unneccesary and unprovoked. I simply tried to explain to you how FFM wasn't being racist. I even said I don't won't to argue. You really need to grow up, you can't alway's throw a temper-tantrum when you are wrong or someone simply disagrees with you.
Old 09-15-2002, 05:27 PM   #62
Dirk77
Banned

&quot;At Dallas-Mavs.com, we take great pride in building and maintaining a community where diverse, intelligent and respectful sports discussion between members can thrive. The following Community Standards outline both generally and specifically indicates what we feel are appropriate guidelines to preserve the highest quality online experience. We encourage you to read our Community Standards before joining our site. Thanks for doing your part in helping to keep Dallas-Mavs.com a great place for Mavs fans to connect.

Our General Principles:

We expect that all members of Dallas-Mavs.com will behave in a way that’s conductive to the diversity, intelligence and respectfulness of the community. Each of these three general principles is fundamental to the quality of this site.

Diversity – We here at Dallas-Mavs.com are a community of hundreds of fans from different backgrounds and with different perspectives on sports and life. This includes fans of different ages, sex, religions and beliefs. At all times, we expect our members to respect that.

Intelligence – We’re a community with quality standards and we expect our members to make a sincere effort to contribute their thoughts on interesting subjects in a meaningful and respectful manner. Posting messages and otherwise interacting on Dallas-Mavs.com is completely optional; many members often prefer to just read what others have to say. But if you do post, we expect that you’ll be respectful of the time of others by posting meaningfully.

Respectfulness – We require our members to show respect for others. Respecting their person, their time and their opinions – even if you disagree with them. Respect also includes respecting the right of Dallas-Mavs.com administrators and moderators to make judgments and enforce these Community Standards.

Basic Guidelines:

The following seven categories of online conduct are unacceptable at Dallas-Mavs.com and constitute a violation of our Community Standards which may result in a warning, suspension or loss of membership. It's important to note that these guidelines are applicable everywhere on Dallas-Mavs.com including within our Chat and Private Messaging features:

Harassment -- Harassment occurs when a member insults, attacks, and denigrates another member at any time. Even though we realize that sports discussions can get intense, we have zero tolerance for taking an argument about a sports topic to a personal level. For instance, the use of terms such as &quot;idiot, moron, stupid&quot; and other derogatory terms constitutes harassment. Harassment not only includes individuals but also can apply to insults against others teams, players and groups of Dallas-Mavs.com members. Repeated critical, condescending and/or sarcastic posts toward a forum member can also constitute harassment. The inclusion of board members usernames in ones signature constitutes harassment as well.

Disruption -- Posts which intend to disrupt the topic of conversation or steer the topic away from the focus of the forum and related news. Disruption can include harassment, multiple posting of the same post and posting completely off topic messages.

Multiple Personalities -- Dallas-Mavs.com members are required to use one and only one Username. Creating multiple user accounts is a violation of the Terms of Use and would result in a suspension and/or permanent banning of the users account.

Vulgarity and Sexual Explicitness -- As a community with a diverse variety of members and readers, we ask that our members to post without using vulgarity. Vulgarity not only includes vulgar language and pictures but also sexist, racist, anti-religious and homophobic language which may offend other members. In addition, the &quot;masking&quot; of vulgarity by inserting * or another keystroke in place of one or more letters in a vulgar term is acceptable in most cases. However, all uses of vulgarity are open to editing or deletion by moderators. We realize that there's a &quot;grey area&quot; of judgment with vulgarity but we ask that you'll respect others by avoiding vulgarity and our right to determine what constitutes it and take appropriate action.

Solicitation -- Refrain from using Dallas-Mavs.com's forums or chat to advertise your site, items for sale, commercial services or website. You may attach a short link to your site within your profile or signature.

Spamming -- Spamming is the multiple posting of an identical or similar post on one or more of our Forums.

Copyrighted Material -- You may post links to appropriate articles but posting articles from other sources in their entirety, without having given credit to the source, is a violation of the Terms of Use. Use your best judgment, since you agree to the Terms of Use to be held legally responsible for your own posts on this system.

Please bear in mind that these are only guidelines; there is always a &quot;grey area&quot; and we understand that. Use your best judgment. If you have any questions about our Community Standards as they apply to specific cases, you can always contact the site administrator or ask a moderator. Note that if you would like to express a concern about the judgment and enforcement of Community Standards by any particular moderator, please contact administration privately.

4-Strike Policy

If any member is in violation of any portion of the Dallas-Mavs.com Community Standards, a moderator has the right to hand out a strike if he/she deems it necessary. Refer to the outline below for more info on the strikes system. To put it simply, after the fourth strike, the member's account will be permanently deactivated. Strikes will only be issued for what we consider to be extreme cases (in most instances, the mods will discuss the situation collectively before making a final decision).

Strike 1: warning by a Dallas-Mavs.com moderator
Strike 2: one-week account deactivation
Strike 3: one-month account deactivation
Strike 4: permanent account deactivation

Thanks for reading our Community Standards! We now invite you to join our community of hundreds at Dallas-Mavs.com!

Thanks to Dallas-Mavs.com owner/administrator djbacklash and its moderators ROB W R, dallmav, MavsFanFinley, and Rhylan. And a special thanks to John F, Alberto, and Kevin of fanhome.net. &quot;

!Drbio, you just violated a number of these guidlines.
Old 09-15-2002, 05:37 PM   #63
Drbio
Banned

Thanks for your worthless opinion.
Old 09-15-2002, 05:41 PM   #64
Dirk77
Banned

Im sorry rhylan, im not trying to be a pain in the ass or anything, and I did get a bit carried away. BUT:
1. Im not sure why you didn't like my original reply, it explained something to dribio if he weren't thick headed, and there was nothing wrong with it.
2. !Dribio is acting like a complete ass hole to ffm and me, even though we aren't even disagreeing with him, i already said i don't won't to argue with him. !What does he do? He acts chilidish b/c he can't admit when he's wrong and can't stand it when someone disagrees with him.
Old 09-15-2002, 05:43 PM   #65
Dirk77
Banned

you know, i just read over my first reply again, and there is actually NOTHING, ZERO anything in there that could be considered offensive or not worth posting. !So the question arises again....
Old 09-15-2002, 05:54 PM   #66
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Dirk77, you have repeatedly accused people of discriminating against you because of your ethnicity, myself included.

You were let back on this site because DJ believed in following the Strikes policy to a letter, because people have always complained that the rules were not being completely followed. So when your month ban was up, you were allowed back onto the site. Despite trying to reenter the site with umpteen new screen names, which is in direct violation of the Terms of Use Agreement, and also attempting to impersonate a moderator, ME!

Posting on this board is a privilege, not a right, and being allowed to do so comes with the responsibility of being civil. SO... let this serve as notice to all..

The basketball season is about to start. I for one am looking forward to talking some ball. Anyone who is more interested in starting trouble, calling people assholes, jackasses, worthless pieces of crap, crack smokers, racists, doody-heads, or booger-brains than they are talking about basketball, sports, the Mavs, or just talking in general will be banned by me, like a swift kick in the ass, for as long as DJ will let me.

And I'm starting with Dirk77.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:24 AM   #67
miles berg

miles berg is on a distinguished road

What about DrBio? I don't mean to butt in or anything but I have seen far more trash talk come from posts of Dr Bio in my two months here than from Dirk77.

If Dirk has said so much racial stuff why not make the effort to go back and find his actual postings and provide links to them to ensure that they were really said?

I am not trying to be a hater or anything, but I moderate an EZBoard Wrestling forum that gets over 200 posts a day and I have found that it is easier to gain respect and &quot;hold the fort down&quot; by being consistent (like banning DrBio for what he said) and for being factual and showing proof (like finding old posts that proves what Dirk77 is being accused of saying, and either directly quoting them -or- simply providing links) that Dirk 77 has said stuff before.

Bottom line is that this forum is cool and I just wanted to make a suggestion off of experience.
Old 09-16-2002, 01:12 AM   #68
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Because miles, I have a full time job (not saying you don't), and I like to do stuff other than spend all night digging through old posts to prove something when Dirk77 has no credibility anyway.

I don't have to make the effort when he's already been banned umpteen times on 247 screen names and has shown more interest in starting trouble than taking part in discussions.

The majority of it has been in PMs and in emails to the mods. Let me give you the skinny, so you understand. Dirk77 is from the US, but claims to be from Oslo, and used to always make outrageous claims about knowing European stuff. Then, when he would start trouble with people, and people would bite back at him, he would email or PM the mods saying that members were &quot;discriminating against people of his country.&quot; Sometimes he'd say it in the forums, too.

There was a big to do a couple months ago where somebody called somebody a Nazi or something, and he was all in the middle of it. I can't even remember because I don't want to.

Basically, what it comes down to is this: I am a moderator, and I was chosen to be one after I was judged to be of sound mind and judgement by the Administrator and Owner of this board, and when it comes to conduct, what I say is fact until proven otherwise. I don't have to prove it.

You're right. Sometimes Doc has been a little harsh lately, even though some of the recipients have deserved it. But, in this case, there was a dispute between Doc and FFM, and it was finally settled civilly between the two of them.

That was when Dirk77, who has shown a history of being nothing but a troll, dropped in to give his two cents. I love people giving their two cents on disputes when it's meant constructively (like yours). But he just wanted to add fuel to the fire - that's all he EVER wanted to do -- so he saw it, and jumped on the opportunity.

Then he and Doc got into it. And if I was Doc, I would have ignored it, and I would suggest that to everyone in the future when dealing with trolls.

HOWEVER.. Doc and others, and even FFM, although he's relatively new, are &quot;established&quot; members in my mind, and I feel like an idiot like Dirk77 should never have been allowed back on the board -- it was a mistake of the mods being too nice -- and we owed the established members a little leeway, since they have been nice enough to continue to be loyal to the site while we go through growing pains dealing with trolls and being too idealistic and nice about it.

That's why I apologized in another thread. I'm taking it upon myself personally to ensure that there's zero tolerance for monkey business from trolls, out of respect for people who are here strictly to have fun, even if they have somewhat combustible personalities that should be curtailed in these situations.
Old 09-16-2002, 02:24 AM   #69
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

<< This board isn't communist, sorry rhylan gorbachov. >>

LOL.
Old 09-16-2002, 09:05 AM   #70
Drbio
Banned

miles- this goes way back further than your 2 months. And since you are new it strikes me as funny that you would delve right in and single me out. Maybe you aren't so new after all.
Old 09-16-2002, 09:46 AM   #71
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Doc -- don't get paranoid. That is the kind of thinking that gets us into these situations in the first place.

Based on just the last two months, you have been pretty damn vitriolic if I do say so myself. Be glad that the Mods have been here longer, too.
Old 09-16-2002, 09:56 AM   #72
Drbio
Banned

Rhylan bought a new thesaurus...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2002, 09:56 AM   #73
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

Rylan, I am confused when you refer tp Drbio as Doc since we have a Doc who posts alot as well. Just a note as I am sure I am not the only one.
pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 10:14 AM   #74
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Hehehe.. thought you might appreciate that one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Who are you talkin' about, pf? We have a &quot;Doc&quot; proper? Whoops.. coulda fooled me. &quot;Doc,&quot; come out and reveal thyself!
Old 09-16-2002, 12:29 PM   #75
Drbio
Banned

There is only one Doc.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:46 PM   #76
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

why in the heck didn't FFM reply to my post? my post was worthless? you answered none of the questions I was asking.

and the thing up top (the smoking reference) was a joke. thus the HUGE smilie. everyone needs to lighten up.

but seriously, FFM. this place is for debate. you say krause is amazing, i presented points saying that he really hasn't done anything, and you say i made no points? read it again and please reply, because you still have given no support for the krause is amazing standpoint.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:46 PM   #77
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

Love the hehehe come back. There is only one Doc....
pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote