Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-27-2008, 01:51 PM   #1
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all
Default Settle an old college bet - "The Table"

I was getting together with some old friends the other day, and after multiple beers, we re-hashed an old argument.

We used to argue about a table of the most famous people in the world. Theoretically, if a collection of the 25+ of the most famous people in the world (actors like Brad Pitt and Robert Deniro, singers like Bono and Bruce Spingsteen, politicians like Bill Clinton and George Bush, athletes like David Beckham and Tiger Woods) gathered for one dinner....

who would be the coolest guy at the table and the guy everybody else wanted to meet?

What do you guys think about this (admittedly stupid) argument?

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com

Last edited by Hitman; 08-27-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I would be the coolest guy at the table...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Paul Hewson FTW!
Old 08-27-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

We may not even be qualified to have this discussion, as I doubt very much we could come up with a "most famous people in the world" list accurately.

Ask some people in Thailand or Estonia, or...Bahrain who they think the most famous people in the world are, and you're going to get some very different answers.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:19 PM   #5
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Jesus.
No need to blaspheme - just answer the question...

Old 08-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Barack Obama.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:17 PM   #8
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I agree...coming up with a list of 25 most famous would be a job in itself.

But for me, based on the names provided there is on name that I believe would be very interesting to meet and someone who I bet would shatter any images that we have of him.

Keep in mind, growing up, I hated this band...I am a headbanger from the 80's. The world revolved around me...but as I've got older my views changed...my music hasn't, but I am but a spec enjoying a moment of time in this world.

I have come to realize there is something greater and I believe there is an artist out there who shares that belief.

Bono

He is not Liberal/Conservative/Democrat/Republican - his faith is public, yet private.

He is passionate about his beliefs, so passionate that he takes action and influences all types of people from all types of backgrounds to come together for the greater good.

Yes, Bono would be an interesting guy to sit at a table with...chances are, he would give up his seat for a starving, aids victim.

He appears to be someone who chooses and tries to live with humility, but recognizes the power that his fame has, using it to make a difference in the world.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #9
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Bill Gates.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:08 PM   #10
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

no matter what he does, he always seems like a piece of.

Last edited by Just211; 08-28-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Just211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 06:08 PM   #11
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
I agree...coming up with a list of 25 most famous would be a job in itself.

But for me, based on the names provided there is on name that I believe would be very interesting to meet and someone who I bet would shatter any images that we have of him.

Keep in mind, growing up, I hated this band...I am a headbanger from the 80's. The world revolved around me...but as I've got older my views changed...my music hasn't, but I am but a spec enjoying a moment of time in this world.

I have come to realize there is something greater and I believe there is an artist out there who shares that belief.

Bono

He is not Liberal/Conservative/Democrat/Republican - his faith is public, yet private.

He is passionate about his beliefs, so passionate that he takes action and influences all types of people from all types of backgrounds to come together for the greater good.

Yes, Bono would be an interesting guy to sit at a table with...chances are, he would give up his seat for a starving, aids victim.

He appears to be someone who chooses and tries to live with humility, but recognizes the power that his fame has, using it to make a difference in the world.
lol Bono sucks

mid-80s Michael Jackson
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:23 PM   #12
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Jesus.
Second
Old 08-27-2008, 09:01 PM   #13
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm beginning to hate my answer more and more.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:14 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I'd be remotely interested in having dinner with Bono...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:59 PM   #15
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Bono sucks. He's a douchebag to the max.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:00 PM   #16
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Really? I understand if you hate his music you might not like his personna or whatnot. But he would be really interesting to talk to I think.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:08 AM   #17
Underdog

Bono?

You mean the "environmentalist" who made one of his roadies fly on a private jet from Italy to Ireland and back just to pick up his "lucky hat" that he REFUSED to play a show without?

Yeah - that guy might be the biggest douche ever...

Old 08-28-2008, 04:09 PM   #18
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:25 PM   #19
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:51 PM   #20
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Jeremy and Simmons? I want to see this in the Death Match thread.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:46 AM   #21
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I doubt you get the chance to ever have dinner with Bono.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:10 AM   #22
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Vaclav Havel--he has been a revolutionary, head of state, artist, and writer so he would engage people from many fields.

Last edited by Stranger; 08-31-2008 at 02:15 AM.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:07 AM   #23
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mcsluggo again.