Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-23-2008, 10:22 AM   #201
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappasigma View Post
can someone please tell me one benefit AMERICA has had from all of our support to Israel? anyone?
an easy benefit is the role of israel in the region as a force against our mutual adversaries. recall how israel took out iraq's nuclear weapons initiative in the mid 80s, recently against the syrians who were trying to get nuclear weaponry, not to mention the role of the israeli intelligence services in providing information.

a second benefit is the shared weapons systems, israel has developed the best anti-missle defense system in the world called arrow, and has also developed the world's most sophisticated drones.

the israeli business community also contributes, with leading pharmaceutical companies as well as computer software. trade between the usa and israel is over $26B/yr.

the israeli society is the only democracy in the area, all israeli citizens (both jewish or non-jewish inc. arabs) have the right to vote. this does provide a strong example of how other societies can progress themselves from where they are today into a freerer society.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2008, 10:31 AM   #202
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Clearly, your response was the dumbest thing you could have said in a response. Unless you are NOT a Christian and DONT read your bible. I guess you dont know who the chosen people are and how Holy the land is do you? Read your bible more b4 insisting on someone being dumb to think that the United States protects Israel because of some biblical backing.
You obviously don't understand the Bible, nor do you have the slightest grasp of how/why politics work the way they do in the world (because I assure you that America's involvement in Israel has a LOT more to do with Middle Eastern oil reserves and political posturing against Russia than it does with Christianity/Judaism/Islam...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:41 AM   #203
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
You obviously don't understand the Bible, nor do you have the slightest grasp of how/why politics work the way they do in the world (because I assure you that America's involvement in Israel has a LOT more to do with Middle Eastern oil reserves and political posturing against Russia than it does with Christianity/Judaism/Islam...)
I disagree completely on me understanding the bible. I resent your statement as a CHRISTIAN. There are alot of reasons we support ISREAL, but CLEARLY in Christian beliefs it has an evanglical belief behind it. The land is HOLY to us Christians, so I put that over any other beliefs you have about the United States protecting Israel. Now, I can assure you of that. Now, go ask ANY christian on that. What other reasons we are in full support of Israel may come about at times, but the Holy Land and our beliefs around that region is biblical FIRST..I dont know what your beliefs are, so I ask you a quick question so that I can better understand you, rather than do as you did to start this by calling my post the dumbest post ever.

Are you a Christian?

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 10-23-2008 at 10:44 AM.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:49 AM   #204
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I disagree completely on me understanding the bible. I resent your statement as a CHRISTIAN. There are alot of reasons we support ISREAL, but CLEARLY in Christian beliefs it has an evanglical belief behind it. The land is HOLY to us Christians, so I put that over any other beliefs you have about the United States protecting Israel. Now, I can assure you of that. Now, go ask ANY christian on that. What other reasons we are in full support of Israel may come about at times, but the Holy Land and our beliefs around that region is biblical FIRST..I dont know what your beliefs are, so I ask you a quick question so that I can better understand you, rather than do as you did to start this by calling my post the dumbest post ever.

Are you a Christian?
Why do you assume I'm attacking your Christianity?

The way I read it - you're telling me that Christians are servants of Israel...

Well, I'm an Israeli Jew, so I suppose you'll be kissing my feet? (otherwise, what "biblical" point are you trying to make??? I studied the Bible at Catholic school for 7 years, so I should be able to hang with whatever answer you dish out...)

Old 10-23-2008, 11:03 AM   #205
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Questions and comments to add to this conversation:

Do most Americans understand the full relationship we have had with Hussein and Bin Liden? I think this is an issue that we all should know about in order to start understand the working of the hate towards the West.

For the most part, we can all say that the United States put Hussein in power. We choose him, gave him weapons and mustard gas and all the weapons he wanted in order to defeat Iran. After Hussein used the mustard gas to defeat Iran, he kept the extras and used it to keep law and order in Iraq. He ruled Iraq with a heavy hand, and for the most part that tactic worked in keeping piece in Iraq, and it also kept the terrorists out of Iraq because they feared Hussein. This also meant that Hussein controled the central oil flow, so that made him a very rich and powerful man in the world. Once the United Stated turned their back on Hussein, he was labeled a terriorist. Could there be more reasons on why they labled him a terrorist? Dont know, but I do know we backed him and put him in power.
first, the usa had no involvement in hussein's coup.

second, hussein didn't "control the central oil flow", he had nothing to do with the saudi output, or the traffic in oil around the world.

third, we used hussein as a counterbalance to iran, and it did work...until we took him out, which has given an opportunity for iran to widen their influence in the region. an enemy of my enemy is my friend...that was of course until he attacked our other friend, kuwait.

Quote:
As far as Bin Liden:

Bin Liden was one of the leaders of the Taliban, which was an ally to the United States. Once Russian invaded Afgan area, we trained, funded and provided weapons to the Taliban to help defeat Russian. Once that war was over, Russian left and Afgan area was destroyed due to the war. What happened afterwards? I dont know, but some people say the United States just walked away, while the Taliban and the Afgan area was left to rebuild on its own. So, since they were so poor, only thing to do to get money was to cultivate even more Opium, which means they became one of the biggest producers of Opium. In turn, Taliban was upset the US left them, so they became angry at the west. Is there more to this story? I am pretty sure.
bin laden was not a "leader of the taliban", the taliban were/are afganis and bin laden is not. the taliban gave bin laden a refuge.

the taliban did not exist when the russian/afgan war was on, so no they did not "defeat russia".

the taliban did reduce the opium trade, they did have no tolerance for drugs (and a lot of other things like alcohol or personal rights...). since they were removed the opium trade has resurged under the current regime.

the taliban was very anti-western from its inception. period.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:05 AM   #206
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Why do you assume I'm attacking your Christianity?

The way I read it - you're telling me that Christians are servants of Israel...

Well, I'm an Israeli Jew, so I suppose you'll be kissing my feet? (otherwise, what "biblical" point are you trying to make??? I studied the Bible at Catholic school for 7 years, so I should be able to hang with whatever answer you dish out...)
I wont even go there with your kissing your feet remark, clearly YOU are lost in the translation of the bible, I wont say that it is due to you being an Israeli Jew and only 7 years of studying the bible, but you clearly are LOST in the translation. Dont worry about it, but you attacking Christians views on Israel as being the dumbest thing you have ever heard wont get you anywhere with most Christians.

All you had to say when I made my statement, is that you disagreed on the biblical section being on the forefront, but you had to take it a step farther by saying it has NO biblical meaning behind it, then you kinda back tracked on your next post to try to downplay it into less importance behind the oil and Russian stuff.

I will end by saying you are lost, and please dont ever think that Christians belief in biblical backings for Israel means we will kiss yours or ANY others feet. There is a reason we (Americans) are protectors. Get it "Protectors"!!! That sounds nothing like kissing feet does it
Old 10-23-2008, 11:19 AM   #207
Underdog

Quote:
I wont even go there with your kissing your feet remark, clearly YOU are lost in the translation of the bible, I wont say that it is due to you being an Israeli Jew and only 7 years of studying the bible, but you clearly are LOST in the translation. Dont worry about it, but you attacking Christians views on Israel as being the dumbest thing you have ever heard wont get you anywhere with most Christians.

All you had to say when I made my statement, is that you disagreed on the biblical section being on the forefront, but you had to take it a step farther by saying it has NO biblical meaning behind it, then you kinda back tracked on your next post to try to downplay it into less importance behind the oil and Russian stuff.

I will end by saying you are lost, and please dont ever think that Christians belief in biblical backings for Israel means we will kiss yours or ANY others feet. There is a reason we (Americans) are protectors. Get it "Protectors"!!! That sounds nothing like kissing feet does it
Wow - you completely missed the point I was trying to make...

I've got nothing against Christians (my father is an Israeli Catholic, my mother is a Jew)... I never even brought up a single Christian belief in my argument... YOU'RE the one who thinks Christianity must serve and protect Israel - I'm just trying to get a bit of service...

The main point I'm trying to make is that religion has little to do with America's involvement in Israel - it still boils down to money and power just like every other war in human history...

If you want to turn this debate into something it's not, then have at it...

Old 10-23-2008, 11:30 AM   #208
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Wow - you completely missed the point I was trying to make...

I've got nothing against Christians (my father is an Israeli Catholic, my mother is a Jew)... I never even brought up a single Christian belief in my argument... YOU'RE the one who thinks Christianity must serve and protect Israel - I'm just trying to get a bit of service...

The main point I'm trying to make is that religion has little to do with America's involvement in Israel - it still boils down to money and power just like every other war in human history...

If you want to turn this debate into something it's not, then have at it...
Lets call it what it is on this issue. I stated I believe as a Christian, that the United States involvement in Israel has more to do with biblical principles. That is what I said. Period!!! Your statement to respond to my post, was that "That was the dumbest statement you have ever heard"..There is no other way to take your post but for what you said.

Next, you went on to say not exactly in your words, but essentially you said that greed in oil and power over Russion is the reason we are there. I disagree on that principle, and I resent you even thinking the United States involvement in Israel has more to do with greed and power than Christian biblical principles on Israel. Basically, you are saying we are putting wealth and power over our Christian values when it comes to Israel. That is INCORRECT in EVERY way. Now, is oil involved in some type of way from the East. I am pretty sure it is somewhere on the list of importance, but CLEARLY beneath our Christian values and beliefs about Israel region. IMO.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:37 AM   #209
Underdog

Quote:
Lets call it what it is on this issue. I stated I believe as a Christian, that the United States involvement in Israel has more to do with biblical principles. That is what I said. Period!!! Your statement to respond to my post, was that "That was the dumbest statement you have ever heard"..There is no other way to take your post but for what you said.

Next, you went on to say not exactly in your words, but essentially you said that greed in oil and power over Russion is the reason we are there. I disagree on that principle, and I resent you even thinking the United States involvement in Israel has more to do with greed and power than Christian biblical principles on Israel. Basically, you are saying we are putting wealth and power over our Christian values when it comes to Israel. That is INCORRECT in EVERY way. Now, is oil involved in some type of way from the East. I am pretty sure it is somewhere on the list of importance, but CLEARLY beneath our Christian values and beliefs about Israel region. IMO.
Quote where it is says in the Bible that America must defend Israel by siding with the Jews against Islam... (I mean, wouldn't it be easier to defend the Christian Motherland if there was nobody but Christians living there? Seems like Jews are equally as risky as Muslims by that logic...)

Last edited by Underdog; 10-23-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #210
kappasigma

kappasigma will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
an easy benefit is the role of israel in the region as a force against our mutual adversaries. recall how israel took out iraq's nuclear weapons initiative in the mid 80s, recently against the syrians who were trying to get nuclear weaponry, not to mention the role of the israeli intelligence services in providing information.

a second benefit is the shared weapons systems, israel has developed the best anti-missle defense system in the world called arrow, and has also developed the world's most sophisticated drones.

the israeli business community also contributes, with leading pharmaceutical companies as well as computer software. trade between the usa and israel is over $26B/yr.

the israeli society is the only democracy in the area, all israeli citizens (both jewish or non-jewish inc. arabs) have the right to vote. this does provide a strong example of how other societies can progress themselves from where they are today into a freerer society.

are you serious? only democratic society? and its cause the gov't was set up by US & Britian....as far as trade, we do 300 times more trade with other countries like China that does not GET ANY GRANTS from us.

and they are protecting us from Iraq in the 80's?????? does it look like we need their help? has iraq ever been a threat to us? Aren't we the ones who use to GIVE IRAQ THEIR WEAPONS IN THE 80's TO USE AGAINST IRAN???

i'm still waiting for a benefit worth over 1 trillion dollars, 220,000 arab lives, 12 thousands american lives
Old 10-23-2008, 11:46 AM   #211
kappasigma

Quote:

second, hussein didn't "control the central oil flow", he had nothing to do with the saudi output, or the traffic in oil around the world.

third, we used hussein as a counterbalance to iran, and it did work...until we took him out, which has given an opportunity for iran to widen their influence in the region. an enemy of my enemy is my friend...that was of course until he attacked our other friend, kuwait.

bin laden was not a "leader of the taliban", the taliban were/are afganis and bin laden is not. the taliban gave bin laden a refuge.

the taliban did not exist when the russian/afgan war was on, so no they did not "defeat russia".

the taliban did reduce the opium trade, they did have no tolerance for drugs (and a lot of other things like alcohol or personal rights...). since they were removed the opium trade has resurged under the current regime.

dude , you need to read some books before you post, we put Saddam in charge. By we, I mean CIA. Google it.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:54 AM   #212
kappasigma

the taliban are not people .... taliban means "the base" i.e. their headquarters. its like calling americans washington d.c.'s or something. Al-Quiada is the name of the terrorist and they all join in afghanistan because if you don't, you die. if your beard is not long enough, you die. if anyone can tell that your wife is pretty, she's raped. if you don't fight and support them, you die. if you don't give them your money, you die.

the afghan people have been terrorized their whole existance, back to when Gengis Khan burned and salted all of their land to f**K it up for the future.

they are not allowed to go to school or to learn, in fear that they might rise against the forces of Al-Quiada.

How many of the 9/11 high jackers were afghan nationalist? what about before then, USS Cole and the world trade bombings in the 90's....... how many of those were afghans?

in fact, how many were Iraqi's??

they all came from the Saudi Peninsula.

but we won't dare say or threaten Saudi or their king...... instead Laura Bush gives him a $90,000 braclet after 9/11.

makes sense to me.

oh, but iraq is a threat to Israel. so lets use all of our resources and end that threat. but we never addressed the real threat and that's why after all these lives and billions of dollars, we are no more safer than before. all we do is make everyone take off their shoes at the airport.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:01 PM   #213
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:

Couple of questions/comments first on Taliban:

1. Most members of Harakat-e Islami and Mohammad Nabi Mohammadi factions that the CIA funded during the war later formed the Taliban as the factions came together

2. Do you remeber Former National Security Adviser under the Carter Administration, Zbigniew Brzezenski? Remember his statement on the covert US operation to support the Mujahedeen?
Reference: Cited by Agence France Presse, 14 January 1998. Also see Greg Guma, ‘Cracks in the Covert Iceberg’, Toward Freedom, May 1998, p. 2; Feinberg, Leslie, ‘Brezezenski brags, blows cover: US intervened in Afghanistan first’, Workers World, 12 March 1998.

Here is what Brzezenski said, "We actually did provide some support to the Mujahedeen before the invasion.” “We did not push the Russians into invading, but we knowingly increased the probability that they would.” He also bragged: “That secret operation was an excellent idea. The effect was to draw the Russians into the Afghan trap.

3. The biggest countries that openly accept the Taliban as Afghanistan’s legitimate government are Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Guess what, they are very big American Allies. Coincidence? Hardly.

4. Do you recall the UNOCAL oil/gas pipeline project? This was before 1998, where it appears we shifted away from the Taliban.

5. Guess who Bin Liden was supporting during these times and guess who he was fighting with? You guessed it the US-backed Mujahedeen. Now, we were both involved in this war for different reasons, BUT we were on the same side. Remember, the rules are guilty by association. Bin Laden later became a Taliban warlord, then formed Al Qaeda in 1988 right after that war was coming to an end.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:04 PM   #214
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Quote where it is says in the Bible that America must defend Israel by siding with the Jews against Islam... (I mean, wouldn't it be easier to defend the Christian Motherland if there was nobody but Christians living there? Seems like Jews are equally as risky as Muslims by that logic...)
I wont even go there, you just made up your own words. You just played the United States against Islam. That is NOT the case. You took it to that level to make the United States seem like we are fixed on greed and wealth and against Islam. I never said that, I told you why I feel we(America) protects Israel.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:07 PM   #215
Underdog

Quote:
I wont even go there, you just made up your own words. You just played the United States against Islam. That is NOT the case. You took it to that level to make the United States seem like we are fixed on greed and wealth and against Islam. I never said that, I told you why I feel we(America) protects Israel.
You won't go there because you can't - you don't have a clue what you're talking about...

Why do you believe that America protects Israel for "biblical" purposes? Explain that, because you still haven't...

Last edited by Underdog; 10-23-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:25 PM   #216
kappasigma

US protects Israel because the people who really run this country, not bush or cheney, are jewish & if you don't believe, just look it up.

here's a start, a book called "united states of israel"
Old 10-23-2008, 12:26 PM   #217
kappasigma

if hindu's ran our country, i'm sure India would benefit greatly from having a big brother with lots of cash and muscles
Old 10-23-2008, 12:38 PM   #218
Underdog

Quote:
if hindu's ran our country, i'm sure India would benefit greatly from having a big brother with lots of cash and muscles
India already benefits from our country (I mean, I haven't been laid-off twice in the past 3 years because my jobs were being outsourced to Israel...)

And I hear what you're saying about Jews running America, but separate the soldiers from the generals... There's a lot of Mormons and good ol' fashioned WASPS running this country too (not to mention that billionaire Bob Johnson, founder of BET and friend of George Bush, is black) - it's the disproportion of powerful Jews in this country that raises red flags on Israel...

[[[Carnival Cruise Lines founder and ex-Israeli Mafia gun-runner, Ted Arison, founded the Miami Heat - that's enough "Israeli conspiracy" for this Mavs fan!!!]]]

Last edited by Underdog; 10-23-2008 at 12:41 PM. Reason: needed more cowbell...
Old 10-23-2008, 12:44 PM   #219
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
You won't go there because you can't - you don't have a clue what you're talking about...

Why do you believe that America protects Israel for "biblical" purposes? Explain that, because you still haven't...
I wont get too far with you on this point biblically from a Christian standpoint, because I am a Christian and I dont want to push my Christian beliefs on you, since you are NOT a Christian, but go back to your 7 years of study to read up on Abraham and God, and how they tie to each other and what promises were made.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:52 PM   #220
Underdog

Quote:
I wont get too far with you on this point biblically from a Christian standpoint, because I am a Christian and I dont want to push my Christian beliefs on you, since you are NOT a Christian, but go back to your 7 years of study to read up on Abraham and God, and how they tie to each other and what promises were made.
1st of all - I never stated that I'm not a Christian (in fact, Jews usually don't attend Christian schools for seven years unless they have an interest in Christ...)

2nd of all - Abraham is the founder of Judaism, not Christianity, so what's that have to do with Christians defending Israel? (but it IS the reason that Jews defend Israel...)

Last edited by Underdog; 10-23-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:55 PM   #221
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
dude , you need to read some books before you post, we put Saddam in charge. By we, I mean CIA. Google it.
uh huh, ok, sure....
Old 10-23-2008, 12:56 PM   #222
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
US protects Israel because the people who really run this country, not bush or cheney, are jewish & if you don't believe, just look it up.

here's a start, a book called "united states of israel"
ok, I've "looked it up" and the conclusion is you're a nut job.
satisfied?
Old 10-23-2008, 01:02 PM   #223
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
1st of all - I never stated that I'm not a Christian (in fact, Jews usually don't attend Christian schools for seven years unless they have an interest in Christ...)

2nd of all - Abraham is the founder of Judaism, not Christianity, so what's that have to do with Christians defending Israel? (but it IS the reason that Jews defend Israel...)
Please clarify, because I am not clear on your faith.

I have made it VERLY clear that I am a Christian, and I have said it MANY, MANY times. I will NOT deny that I am a Christian, nor will I sit back and make a blanket statement to where people dont really know if I am calling myself a Christian. I say it, and I say it proudly, "I AM A CHRISTIAN".

Now, you try it? We all know you said you attended Catholic school for 7 years, and you say you had interest in Christ.

By the way, did you get the Abraham and God reference? Are maybe I will give you a little taste about the Israel reference, take time and read Gen. 12:1-3.

This is just the starting point, so dont take it and run with it about that is not anything to do with a modern Jew that does NOT believe that Christ has come yet, and that is against our beliefs.

Oh by the way, I did catch your point that Christians are NOT children of Abraham. That assumption has got to be the fartherest from the truth that I have even heard about us Christians. Just in case you deny you basically said that, I put it in red.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 10-23-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:03 PM   #224
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I can't even tell what you guys are arguing about any more.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:05 PM   #225
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Me neither!!! (and I'm right in the middle of this thing...)

Old 10-23-2008, 01:08 PM   #226
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Tired head.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:09 PM   #227
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Come on, just go back to the beginning where the attacks started. Everyone was talking about Israel and the United States relationship and questioning it. I made a statement that I felt as a Christian that our relationship in Israel has more to do with bibilical points, so Underdog said that was the dumbest statement he has ever heard and denied the biblical connection between the United States and Israel.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:11 PM   #228
Underdog

Quote:
Please clarify, because I am not clear on your faith.

I have made it VERLY clear that I am a Christian, and I have said it MANY, MANY times. I will NOT deny that I am a Christian, nor will I sit back and make a blanket statement to where people dont really know if I am calling myself a Christian. I say it, and I say it proudly, "I AM A CHRISTIAN".

Now, you try it? We all know you said you attended Catholic school for 7 years, and you say you had interest in Christ.

By the way, did you get the Abraham and God reference? Are maybe I will give you a little taste about the Israel reference, take time and read Gen. 12:1-3.

This is just the starting point, so dont take it and run with it about that is not anything to do with a modern Jew that does NOT believe that Christ has come yet, and that is against our beliefs.
What does my faith have to do with you trying to use the Bible as justification for America's involvement in Israel??? (this is a matter of education, not faith...)

You still haven't explained why you feel this is part of the Christian belief system (other than pointing out God's charge to Abraham to protect the Holy Land - which applies to Hebrews, not Christians...)

Old 10-23-2008, 01:14 PM   #229
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, it's mostly American Jews who support the state of Israel - ask a Russian Jew what they think about it and you'll get a totally different answer...

I do find it odd, however, that both Obama and McCain have [literally] pledged allegiance to Israel (as did the Bushes and Clintons) - I just wonder how many masters one can serve? At the end of the day, are our leaders looking out for America/Americans first, or are they willing sacrifice OUR security for that of Israel? [because the people who orchestrated 9/11 didn't have any beef with America until Israel was founded...]

And don't get me wrong - we have the same deal with Great Britain too, but Israel is caught up in a long-term war that we've tied ourselves to both diplomatically and financially... What do Americans get out of the deal?
Here is the statement that I responded to.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:15 PM   #230
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Just to be honest, I think America defending Israel has more to do with biblical than anything else. So, I am in support of it. IMO
My response. No harm at all.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #231
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
That's gotta be the stupidest thing I've ever heard...

HOW does a primarily-Christian nation siding with Jews against Muslims have "more to do with biblical than anything else"??? (especially when the Jews turned their back on Jesus for heresy and the Muslims didn't even exist when the Bible was assembled!)

Underdog response and attacks from my response. And there you have it.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #232
Underdog

Quote:
Underdog response and attacks from my response. And there you have it.

Boo-hoo, it sucks to be a victim!

Old 10-23-2008, 01:19 PM   #233
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
What does my faith have to do with you trying to use the Bible as justification for America's involvement in Israel??? (this is a matter of education, not faith...)

You still haven't explained why you feel this is part of the Christian belief system (other than pointing out God's charge to Abraham to protect the Holy Land - which applies to Hebrews, not Christians...)
Dont worry about it I got my answer from you. Its all a moot point now, that I got my answer. We dont share the same beliefs so we cant agree on this issue. PERIOD..
Old 10-23-2008, 01:20 PM   #234
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:

Boo-hoo, it sucks to be a victim!
NM...
Old 10-23-2008, 01:21 PM   #235
Underdog

Quote:
Dont worry about it I got my answer from you. Its all a moot point now, that I got my answer. We dont share the same beliefs so we cant agree on this issue. PERIOD..
What answer is that, Silk?

What neat little term can you pin on me so you can categorize my personality for future debate?

Last edited by Underdog; 10-23-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:04 PM   #236
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you related to Michael Irvin?
Old 10-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #237
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
India already benefits from our country (I mean, I haven't been laid-off twice in the past 3 years because my jobs were being outsourced to Israel...)

And I hear what you're saying about Jews running America, but separate the soldiers from the generals... There's a lot of Mormons and good ol' fashioned WASPS running this country too (not to mention that billionaire Bob Johnson, founder of BET and friend of George Bush, is black) - it's the disproportion of powerful Jews in this country that raises red flags on Israel...

[[[Carnival Cruise Lines founder and ex-Israeli Mafia gun-runner, Ted Arison, founded the Miami Heat - that's enough "Israeli conspiracy" for this Mavs fan!!!]]]

Funny thing.. In all my life, I don't know that I've ever met a Jewish person...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:28 PM   #238
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Funny thing.. In all my life, I don't know that I've ever met a Jewish person...
how would you know unless you asked or they volunteered the info?
Old 10-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #239
Underdog

You might know some iJews! (or is it "eJews"???)

Old 10-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #240
kappasigma

whats the point in arguing with these guys? its just supports my point.....

jews #1 loyality is to Israel , NOT AMERICA

that these guys prooved it. When people immigrate here, they keep their culture, but they gain citizenship and become Americans, and they look out for AMERICA'S BEST INTEREST, not their former country.

you can call me names and say this or that....

NO ONE HAS YET TO STATE THE BENEFIT OF OUR SUPPORT FOR ISRAEL

no point is arguing with people who are not patriots, of course they support what America does for Israel, they benefit from it.

but if your not Jewish, you & your friends are being screwed out of money, lives lost in wars and a greater threat of terrorism than if you did nothing. I should at least get a kiss when i'm being screwed.

Tags
fluffalicious, got a bit fluffy in here, lefty bigotry, mind readers now, my god- people are idiots, silk's healthcare lies, the sacrificial lamb