Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-22-2008, 10:07 AM   #121
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I will be watching the Stars and the Capitals at the AAC on Saturday night....so good luck automatic robot drafting Team Flaco. Do me proud

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-22-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2008, 10:09 AM   #122
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
Why am I having to do this a third time?
We set up the original league for last Saturday to draft but I misunderstood the keeper ruling and it messed up the draft. It wasn't in the traditional snake format for the 1st three rounds because it assumed we already had keepers in place. That league had a "draft" but no one was present really and it was deleted right afterwards because of the problem. So everyone is signing back up with the errors corrected.

So after some help from jthig and evil the league should be set correctly this time. The draft order is staying (you have the 7th pick overall) and we should have everything in place. I might be missing a totally different time, but I thought this was the 2nd time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I will be watching the Stars and the Capitals at the AAC on Saturday night....so good luck automatic robot drafting Team Flaco. Do me proud
No representative for you Flacolaco? Other than the robot?

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 10-22-2008 at 10:10 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:18 AM   #123
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

How is having the draft order determined by the league manager fair?

I wonder who is going to pick first?
Old 10-22-2008, 10:23 AM   #124
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How is having the draft order determined by the league manager fair?

I wonder who is going to pick first?
We're using the order that was randomly generated for last Sunday's failed draft.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:24 AM   #125
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

^ the order was already determined during our first draft by a randomized computer selection.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:24 AM   #126
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol...I said the draft order is staying from what was RANDOMLY picked when we tried to have the draft saturday night.

We all said that the order would stay even though the mistake happened with the non-snake issue.

You can look if you want on the 1st page of this thread and people said the order and everything. Anyways, I'll put it up again. AGAIN, this is what ESPN randomly selected on Saturday for the botched draft and it's fair to just keep it that way. But draft picks can be traded.

sike
longhorndub
alby
jthig
freshjive
dirkftw
u2
nikeball
flaco
evil
bgmaverick
fluid.forty.one
Old 10-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #127
BGMaverick9
Guru

See u2, everything is ok.

We just need everyone to sign back in and if you're not happy with your pick, you'll actually be able to see if you can find a taker and try to trade it. It's a cool feature, keeps things interesting.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:35 AM   #128
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

people need to stay away from kobe's hyperextended knee and let him fall to me @ 8
Old 10-22-2008, 11:41 AM   #129
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why am I having to do this a third time?
triple fail.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:44 AM   #130
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
people need to stay away from kobe's hyperextended knee and let him fall to me @ 8
If he falls to me, he's all yours.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:03 PM   #131
BGMaverick9
Guru

u2 is in...just one more

*cough* fluid.forty.one *cough*

I hope everyone is excited and getting their strategies lined up!
Old 10-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #132
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

hard to get excited with that last pick
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:40 PM   #133
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
hard to get excited with that last pick

Dirk...

(what, no???)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-22-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:40 PM   #134
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
If he falls to me, I'm kicking him in the knee as he goes by.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #135
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

A ton of experts think Kobe is no worse than the second best fantasy producer...personally, I'd take him with the third pick...but no sooner.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-22-2008, 06:53 PM   #136
BGMaverick9
Guru

Looks like we have everyone on board...count it down to Saturday Night!
Old 10-23-2008, 06:05 PM   #137
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

lol BG

you're 2nd pick is like #35 now.. that's like three rounds of not having any picks. hope that number one is worth it
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:41 PM   #138
BGMaverick9
Guru

to have arguably the best player in the league, not even in his prime...I'd say it'll be worth it.
It's won't be THAT bad. It's not like we're dealing with a small scale of players and it's totally thin after the first three rounds, it's the entire league, haha.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 10-23-2008 at 11:43 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:19 PM   #139
BGMaverick9
Guru

Guys, thanks again! I hope you had fun.

And beware of my last pick...he could be something, lol.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:23 AM   #140
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

I stopped watching the UT game so I could drive back to Houston to draft.

That is dedication...no? rep worthy?
Old 10-26-2008, 12:30 AM   #141
BGMaverick9
Guru

are we able to do reps yet?

I don't think we are...but you know, it will be done when I can do it! Like I said, that was hardcore right there!
Old 10-26-2008, 01:10 AM   #142
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I missed the draft, BG and everyone. Had some stuff going on I couldn't miss.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:51 AM   #143
BGMaverick9
Guru

Hey, I understand! No problem, just glad all is well.
How did the autopick treat you?
Old 10-26-2008, 09:16 AM   #144
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Sorry I missed the draft, BG and everyone. Had some stuff going on I couldn't miss.
Hook 'Em!

Old 10-26-2008, 08:09 PM   #145
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Hey, I understand! No problem, just glad all is well.
How did the autopick treat you?
I'm fairly happy with it, actually. There are a few guys on here that I'm not very excited to have on my team, but that's to be expected with an auto-picked draft.

I'm really, really weak at PG, so I'll have to do something about that.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 10-26-2008 at 08:11 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #146
BGMaverick9
Guru

For those who aren't in the football league on ESPN: there is a neat little tool you can use to help let it be known what you're looking for when trying to make a deal.

When you go to "My Team" look at your top row of options and select Trading Block. You'll be able to show who is available for trade, who isn't and what positions you're looking to fill.

Also, you can always communicate on here as well.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:03 PM   #147
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

FUDGESICLES! I TOTALLY FORGOT! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy