Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 01-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Such a classy party

The crowd packed on the west side of the Capitol grounds serenaded President Bush in mocking fashion when he took to the inaugural stage alongside Vice President Dick Cheney.

"Nah nah nah nah, hey hey, good-bye," a section of the crowd chanted.

The crowd packed immediately below the podium received Bush in stony silence when he took his seat on the stage surrounding the podium where Barack Obama was scheduled to take the oath office to become the 44th president of the United States.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-20-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:13 PM   #3
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:56 PM   #4
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
The crowd packed on the west side of the Capitol grounds serenaded President Bush in mocking fashion when he took to the inaugural stage alongside Vice President Dick Cheney.

The crowd packed immediately below the podium received Bush in stony silence when he took his seat on the stage surrounding the podium where Barack Obama was scheduled to take the oath office to become the 44th president of the United States.
Considering the way he was treated while serving it's not a surprise. Booing Laura Bush, however, was the over the line for me. So glad this was being followed with interest all around the world.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:48 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Classless from a classless political party.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-20-2009, 10:58 PM   #6
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Sour Grapes?
or Nationals Fans?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-knYMTK4AEk

Last edited by rmacomic; 01-20-2009 at 11:01 PM.
rmacomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:45 PM   #7
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

That Bush pic is so photoshopped. Unless Bush wears a middle finger glove while he fingers Cheney at night.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:32 AM   #8
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
So why do you call the Republican Party classless now ? Cause it is clear that even if a Republican did not vote for Obama and decided to stay home like so many Republicans did, it was a vote for change. I saw alot of Republicans in the crowd and it seems like the overall consenus was the fact they were glad to see Bush gone...
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:42 AM   #9
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd say there's classless individuals and classy individuals in both.

I'd also say its pretty classless of you generalize something like this, since you're throwing very classy people in with a small sample size to make a point. (I guess using your logic, your individual classless accusations makes it justifiable for me to label the entire Rebulican party, as well as all males your height, who went to your college, who work in the same line of work as you, and everyone with your first name classless as well. Right?)
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:00 AM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

What is with all the crying people on the tv?

He's a man. He's a man like you or me. He's a man, extraordinarily handicapped by terrorists and people who bought houses they couldn't afford and all the other things that have happened over the last few decades that have led us here.

I admire the guy for wanting what is essentially a crap job, but I don't believe for a second that he can accomplish (to the detriment of the country) a lot of the things he says he will. And again, it's not his fault. It's just the way things are right now. It's the whole world.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:34 AM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If you believe that his vision would be a detriment to the country if he could accomplish it, then I certainly understand why you are nonplussed by the emotional reaction today.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:20 AM   #12
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Hah, do you remember McCain concession speech? Do you remember what the crowd did every time McCain said Obama's name? Even when McCain himself asked them not to? Repeatedly?

Jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket, man....
Old 01-21-2009, 03:37 AM   #13
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

This is ridiculous.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:22 AM   #14
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
Hah, do you remember McCain concession speech? Do you remember what the crowd did every time McCain said Obama's name? Even when McCain himself asked them not to? Repeatedly?

Jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket, man....

Not to mention any random call to violence during a Palin rally.

This thread is classless....but totally predictable.

And no...I certainly wouldn't have booed the Bushes at the inauguration.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 01-21-2009 at 08:29 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:28 AM   #15
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately Philadelphia Eagles fans show more class than political parties in general- and they booed Santa Claus.

Sheeple are predictable though.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:53 PM   #16
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Help us out a bit. Which party was booing Bush? I did not see any political classes out there. All I saw were Americans out there welcoming the new President. But, I would expect you would lump it all into a political party. Guess what? Republican, Independents and Democrats were all glad to see Bush leave. Was it right for them to boo? NO!!! Was it a political party thing? HELL NO!!!! Get over it, and accept your new President Barack Obama!!!!!
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #17
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
Not to mention any random call to violence during a Palin rally.

This thread is classless....but totally predictable.

And no...I certainly wouldn't have booed the Bushes at the inauguration.
This is the web forum version of posterizing a poster.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #18
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

This goes both ways.

Those who support Obama need to show some class, they have the change they wanted and now we will see how reality changes fantasy.

Those who support Bush need to show some class as well, President Bush did a magnificant job as our President and he has now stepped aside.

The very fabric of our nation is for peaceful transfers of power.

If all involved would walk with class, then perhaps we can put down the hate that exists when the other side is in charge.

Perhaps a lesson from our Founding father President George Washington would be appropriate today. After all, it was he that the politicians and the people of the time wanted to annoint King or Emporer of America, but it was George Washington who recognized the importance for service to be temporary.

President Washington served to establish this nation and then move on to being a private citizen. His was for love of country.

Today, we are degraded to politicians who serve for their own gain, disguised as love of country. We have politicians who want power and money using the very Government that is suppose to serve the people...only manipulating the people to serve themselves.

Out of respect, I choose to not watch any of the coverage. The current President is not one that I support or believe in, but it is not the time nor the place to dampen the ceremonies.

After all, we are in a slow down economy and there is a need for all of us to work and create our own individual bailout...and I did not want to be a reason for some to spend Millions upon Millions for an inaguration. Rather ironic to see this country and the world hurting for money, but then to see the $$$ spent on yesterdays events.

I would have to say that the impression from day 1 is overwhelmingly negative...so I will simply begin the list of failures from the current administration. But I will do my best to address it in a classy way.

Let those who booed have their moment under the sun god...while the rest of us, quietly count down the days until we can replace the incompetance that has taken over.

2010, the year where we tackle the establishment of the left and provide opportunities to the people!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:54 PM   #19
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

you lost me at "President Bush did a magnificent job as our President..."
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #20
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
This goes both ways.

Those who support Obama need to show some class, they have the change they wanted and now we will see how reality changes fantasy.

Those who support Bush need to show some class as well, President Bush did a magnificant job as our President and he has now stepped aside.

The very fabric of our nation is for peaceful transfers of power.

If all involved would walk with class, then perhaps we can put down the hate that exists when the other side is in charge.

Perhaps a lesson from our Founding father President George Washington would be appropriate today. After all, it was he that the politicians and the people of the time wanted to annoint King or Emporer of America, but it was George Washington who recognized the importance for service to be temporary.

President Washington served to establish this nation and then move on to being a private citizen. His was for love of country.

Today, we are degraded to politicians who serve for their own gain, disguised as love of country. We have politicians who want power and money using the very Government that is suppose to serve the people...only manipulating the people to serve themselves.

Out of respect, I choose to not watch any of the coverage. The current President is not one that I support or believe in, but it is not the time nor the place to dampen the ceremonies.

After all, we are in a slow down economy and there is a need for all of us to work and create our own individual bailout...and I did not want to be a reason for some to spend Millions upon Millions for an inaguration. Rather ironic to see this country and the world hurting for money, but then to see the $$$ spent on yesterdays events.

I would have to say that the impression from day 1 is overwhelmingly negative...so I will simply begin the list of failures from the current administration. But I will do my best to address it in a classy way.

Let those who booed have their moment under the sun god...while the rest of us, quietly count down the days until we can replace the incompetance that has taken over.

2010, the year where we tackle the establishment of the left and provide opportunities to the people!!!
It was actually, and I quote: "President Bush did a magnificant job as our President".

So I'm curious to what the definition of magnificant is.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 01-21-2009 at 02:58 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:38 PM   #21
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
It was actually, and I quote: "President Bush did a magnificant job as our President".

So I'm curious to what the definition of magnificant is.
OOO you can spell. Perhaps you can get a job as spell checker for microsoft...

Personally, I don't give a rats gonads about spelling...

Based on the attacks of the past 8 years, I am holding my breath and waiting for the new line of attacks on this President.

With all due respect, there is no honeymoon period for this empty suit of a President.

I dislike this liberal majority as passionately as they hated on President Bush. President Bush and the Republicans never stood a chance...and thus I will give them the same courtesy and respect in return.

2010 is just around the corner and it is time to vote the Democrats OUT OF OFFICE!!! Our economy has failed under Democratic leadership...so yes, I agree with President Obama, we need Change that we can believe in!!!
Old 01-21-2009, 04:03 PM   #22
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Based on the attacks of the past 8 years, I am holding my breath and waiting for the new line of attacks on this President.

With all due respect, there is no honeymoon period for this empty suit of a President.

I dislike this liberal majority as passionately as they hated on President Bush. President Bush and the Republicans never stood a chance...and thus I will give them the same courtesy and respect in return.

2010 is just around the corner and it is time to vote the Democrats OUT OF OFFICE!!! Our economy has failed under Democratic leadership...so yes, I agree with President Obama, we need Change that we can believe in!!!
Wow you changed your tune fast.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:20 PM   #23
92bDad
Platinum Member

I guess I'm getting beat down by the Obama Orgy love-fest.

He's probably a good guy...but hearing and seeing the reports is sickening!!!

You might say that this nation is being Obamawashed!!!

Oh well...such is life, the good ole days are gone...time to live in a depressed world until freedom fighters can gain the strength to fight back against the man.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #24
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I usually don't like derailing threads, but the "my panties hurt" tag is one of the funniest I've seen. I wonder who did it. Reveal yourself or risk losing boatloads of rep!
Old 01-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #25
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:

interesting to note that in this post the question asked by u2 was neither acknowledged nor answered....go figure.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:22 PM   #26
92bDad
Platinum Member

As a reply...magnificent = Great

Yes, I believe that inspite of the Leftist Smear campaign, President George W. Bush did a great job with America. He proved to be an excellent Leader in terms of National Security and that in my opinion is the most important role of a President.

There are other factors that he could have taken some different roads and come out even better, but as it was, he had to work with the Democratic influence and thus he got away from too many of the Conservative business principles.

He coward down to the Democrats which has lead to the current economic crisis. On that note, to me, his bigges FAILURE was using the Housing boom to get re-elected in 2004. Essentially he used the expanding housing bubble as tool to win votes. All those people who should never have qualified for a loan, thanks to ACORN caused our current economic meltdown. For this President Bush manipulated a system to make himself look good and thus now is deserved of a fair share of the blame.

However the majority of the blame should lie at the feet of ACORN, President Clinton administration and of course none other than President Jimmy Carter. These are the seeds that created President Obama and I anticipate that things will get worse as they follow old failed patterns.

Hopefully that answers your question...or u2's question...
Old 01-21-2009, 10:23 PM   #27
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

"leftist smear campaign"? "coward down to democrats"? too funny.

perhaps you don't know, but the republicans controlled congress and the presidency for the first six years of the bush presidency. blaming any of their decisions on "democrat influence" is...well, surreal.

the "ownership society' is a republican invention, and bush didn't get re-elected based on the housing boom he was re-elected by waging a campaign of fostering fear.

those who keep their eyes closed will never see what is around them.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:29 PM   #28
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If there's one thing this election showed (and this thread echoes), it's it's that regardless whether the Dems are the classy party, they are most certainly the intellectual party.

This time brains won over brawn (God, guns, and gays).
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #29
dude1394
Guru

Stay classy (and brainy) democrats.

Quote:
An inaugural ball honoring U.S. military veterans ended in a kerfluffle as several veterans walked out when a musical act's attempt at humor backfired.

During the Heroes Red, White & Blue Inaugural Ball honoring the nation's veterans, a vocalist with George Clinton and the P. Funk All-Stars held up a white towel with large block letters saying "[Expletive] GEORGE," perturbing many audience members who walked out after the display, interpreting it as a jab at the outgoing commander-in-chief, George W. Bush.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #30
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Well, when Marine 1 flew over our security checkpoint, we started chanting it (though someone yelled 'Bush' before the 'goodbye'). I thought it was funny.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #31
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

It's a party in Crawford. Wait, i just heard Mills Lane, Let's get it on and was that Denise LaSalle with a little Snap, Crackle & Pop or maybe Ole Happy Day.

Better be working on Baracuda where she can unleash in 4 years or maybe Jeb with his bankrupting Savings & Loans Brother Neil as his vice or why not give Ole Man Mac another shot with Liberman by his side doing the hoochie dance. It's all good.

This is not 4 but 8 and who knows who the Dem's will bring out then and make it 12. Enjoy the ride. Thank W and Chains and let's not forget Big Stick RammeyField with side kick Switch McConnell. I think they gave the Democrats atleast 12. So sit back and enjoy.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #32
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I bet Ole Norm thanks W, Chains, Rammy and the Boyz for his new job. A comedian put him out of his job.

Coleman Takes New Job, Looking Beyond Senate?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_159972.html

Now let's talk classy....

Rush Limbaugh tells his radio audience that he wants Obama to fail.

Within four hours of Barack Obama's inauguration, FOX(Fixed) was pimping the Republican talking point that the Dow took the biggest dive of any inaugural day in history, mentioning it on at least ten separate occasions. (The talking point is technically true, but misleading. It ignores the fact that in percentage terms, the Dow dropped by about the same amount as it did on Ronald Reagan's inaugural day. More importantly, the drop had no more to do with Obama than the fact that on Wednesday, the Dow climbed by more points than it has on the first full day in office of any President in U.S. history.)

On Wednesday alone, Republicans stalled Secretary of State Clinton's confirmation until late in the day, lambasted Timothy Geithner for having screwed up his taxes a few years ago, even though he's subsequently paid back everything that was due, and blocked a vote on Eric Holder's nomination to be Attorney General.
President Obama has steadfastly extended his hand to these very same Republicans. He's tried in good faith to work with them. He's given them every opportunity to be a productive part of this government, even though they were battered in the November elections.
But so far, the GOP is refusing the President's olive branch. Instead of signing up to help turn this country around, they are playing the same old petty partisan games that led to their defeat in 2008.

They might be making the mistake of misinterpreting President Obama's gestures as signs of weakness. They might think that he doesn't have the heart for conflict.

If that's what they believe, and they insist on continuing on their destructive path, then they are making a grave mistake. They have no idea what's coming. If they thought 2008 was bad, just wait until 2010.
Smart Republicans understand that now is the time to jump on board the train. Trouble for the GOP is, not that many of them are all that smart.

Now the way Janett and her pick up has it summed and bumpped up, is if you think 06 and 08 was bad for reps, if they go the way of Lugar, J Warner, Hagel, Chafee, they could possibly get back in the game but if they decide to go the Chains, Rammey, Rush, Switch, John Corny, Saxby Charmless, then no prob with the Dems going way over 60 in in thge Sen and then 4 to follow see if Charmless, Switch and Corny can survive. You never know, Liberman could be their ticket.

Speaking of classy, it wasn't the last 8 years, just ask the voters.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classily classless, magnificant=republicant, my panties hurt..., republicans are babies, republicans eat baby poop, sour grapes