Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #41
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Plus Josh would reunite with his butt buddy Devin and perhaps reemerge as a borderline All Star!

Nets owe us after fleecing our ass!

But I heard Kidd and VC had issus in NJ

Anywho, trade J-Ho!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2009, 06:24 PM   #42
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
Plus Josh would reunite with his butt buddy Devin and perhaps reemerge as a borderline All Star!

Anywho, trade J-Ho!
Well, I thought of that, from Kidd's perspective, it's water under the bridge, the ring is the thing. VC never had any issues with Kidd. So I think if the common goal now is to win the last game in June, any issues will be dead.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:29 PM   #43
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:

Anywho, trade J-Ho!
Nets owe you nothing,

and you are right, Kidd and VC had problems in NJ not hating each other or anything. On the court just didn't work together because VC is to nice and it was Kidd's team so he didn't want to take over that's what I've heard the most.
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #44
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Vince "I quit on my teams" Carter? Vince "my jumpers aren't going and we're on another losing streak so i'll fake another injury" Carter? Vince "i'm related to Tracy "i'll never make it out of the first round" Mcgrady" Carter?

No thanks.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:40 PM   #45
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I hate Carter as much as the next guy but he would be totally unstoppable next to Dirk. And he's playing at a really high level this year.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #46
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Why would the Nets trade VC of Howard and stack like people here say, hopefully that is the last thing on the Nets mind anything but Howard and Stack, I would rather have draft picks
Old 01-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #47
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I don't know if it's a chemistry thing or Josh being injured the half the season that's making it hard for him to fit in with this team, on the other hand I don't believe a thing Cuban says because he said the same thing about Devin and Devin got sent packing so I don't believe a thing he's saying.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:14 PM   #48
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I wouldn't believe Cuban on this one. He could be playing hard to get and trying to raise his stock and get offers.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:18 PM   #49
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

No matter how bad of a light you can paint Vince Carter in... Josh Howard is still worse.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:45 PM   #50
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Butler or VC sounds too good to be true! Altho VC is declining.

I like Butler, he would be great in place of JHO. One way we could possibly get him is to offer them JHO/Stack and take on Etan Thomas' contract with Butler. Idk, maybe they do that and it looks like ET wouldn't extend us past 2010.
Probably wishful thinking but it would definitely get us something better for JHO. It's just not reality to think were going to get what we need for him straight up, but maybe we take a lil salary hit on a somewhat useful piece somewhere.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:55 PM   #51
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

The next thread about Josh will be "Josh Traded"

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:57 PM   #52
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41 View Post
Vince "I quit on my teams" Carter? Vince "my jumpers aren't going and we're on another losing streak so i'll fake another injury" Carter? Vince "i'm related to Tracy "i'll never make it out of the first round" Mcgrady" Carter?

No thanks.
Umm Vince "25 5 5" Carter

Yee that guy along side Dirk Jet and Kidd and we would be set. It would be stupid for anyone not to do this at this point

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 01-23-2009, 12:17 AM   #53
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
No matter how bad of a light you can paint Vince Carter in... Josh Howard is still worse.
I think you need to talk to some Raptors fans. I believe the general assumption everyone is making is that if we get VC for Josh then we are back in the elite status... that's a huge risk that IMO would not pay off. Haven't we been down that road before?

If anything we should be shopping Josh for (at best) Kaman or (at worst) very high draft picks we can use to rebuild. We're trading one problem for another in that scenario.

Ax, we would be set? Are you joking? Your the same guy who expected the Mavs to win a championship this season as is, correct? The Vince you know in NJ would NOT be seen in Dallas. He's the #1-#2 guy there, and do you know why he succeeds? There's no pressure to win, everyone expected them to suck. If we expect him to be the missing piece to our puzzle he'll fold under pressure, we'll lose some games, and he'll revert to his defense mechanism of injuring himself.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:26 AM   #54
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I go away to Vegas for 3 days and this is the first thing I read...ugh.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:51 AM   #55
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

I'd take Rip in a heartbeat. Maybe we could get Tayshaun too by throwing in another piece. If Cuban is unwilling to trade Josh, he's unwilling to become a contender again. Josh Howard for anything is a plus!
Old 01-23-2009, 03:03 AM   #56
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think you need to talk to some Raptors fans. I believe the general assumption everyone is making is that if we get VC for Josh then we are back in the elite status... that's a huge risk that IMO would not pay off. Haven't we been down that road before?

If anything we should be shopping Josh for (at best) Kaman or (at worst) very high draft picks we can use to rebuild. We're trading one problem for another in that scenario.

Ax, we would be set? Are you joking? Your the same guy who expected the Mavs to win a championship this season as is, correct? The Vince you know in NJ would NOT be seen in Dallas. He's the #1-#2 guy there, and do you know why he succeeds? There's no pressure to win, everyone expected them to suck. If we expect him to be the missing piece to our puzzle he'll fold under pressure, we'll lose some games, and he'll revert to his defense mechanism of injuring himself.

I still think we can win it all. The playoffs are a whole diff. game and its still just basketball. He would be the number 2-3 option here and he wouldn't have to face as much pressure with Dirk and Jet. I think we would be set.

........GO MAVS
Old 01-23-2009, 03:50 AM   #57
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Ax you're being TOO optimistic!

I was optimistic in the offseason but the first 10 games disillusioned me.

At its VERY best, this team can maybe win 1 playoff series, and I wouldn't put my $ on that.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:41 AM   #58
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
He's the #1-#2 guy there, and do you know why he succeeds?
this is so right, I think Dirk and VC would be great together if they got the chance . Dirk, VC, and Kidd together not so much.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #59
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Considering the Mavs are at best an 8 seed--if they make the playoffs at all--there's no way they win a first-round playoff series. I'd be more worried about being swept.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:38 AM   #60
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The Rip/Wallace trade makes the most sense and fills both team needs. If the Mavs pulled that off and we didn't go all the way this year, then it's safe to blow it up. At least the FO made one last push with something like that.

Don't give up yet!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:06 AM   #61
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedentifyme View Post
I'll tell you who we can get for Josh: Caron Butler, Shawn Marion, Stephen Jackson, Rip Hamilton, Daquan Cook, or Vince Carter, or others.
wtf? Caron Butler? really? Why would the wizards trade him?
Old 01-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #62
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
wtf? Caron Butler? really? Why would the wizards trade him?

Why would anyone trade for Josh? IMO, other than taking a guy with less potential or less output is if we take on a bad contract (that only goes to 2010 other wise it isn't worth it.)

Ax, you are overboard. It's hard to put any stock into your posts when you say things like, you think we can win it all now. HOW could you..rather, what evidence do you have that is even remotely linked to us being able to have that kind of success? Maybe with a trade or two and with lots of consistent luck, but can you be realistic for once,please?

Old 01-23-2009, 11:49 AM   #63
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

We should all realize that we do not see what our FO does everyday. It is probably more likely that they are constantly discussing, talking with other GMs, scouting etc to make a better team but we only see what the media shows. Now why would our FO want the media to know of an impending trade? There is no good in that. While our FO is not very good at keeping secrets, we need to realize that they are trying and not reallly saying "We are not trading Josh Howard". I do like to see news because it feeds my need for that possibility, but it decreases the chances of something actually happening when we constantly see news about it.

Last edited by Robillion; 01-23-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:54 AM   #64
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
We should all realize that we do not see what our FO does everyday. It is probably more likely that they are constantly discussing, talking with other GMs, scouting etc to make a better team but we only see what the media shows. Now why would our FO want the media to know of an impending trade? There is no good in that. While our FO is not very good at keeping secrets, we need to realize that they are trying and not reallly saying "We are not trading Josh Howard". I do like to see news because it feeds my need for that possibility, but it decreases the chances of something actually happening when we constantly see news about it.

Speaking for myself, It's not that I don't have faith in the FO attempting to make moves, it's that until proven otherwise, I don't have faith in the moves they make. Regardless of what they say about not trading JHO etc. I don't believe that bs anyway. I do think they have gotten some offers that sucked and aren't what Cuban/Donnie think is fair. Also, I think they have gotten turned down on some proposals that they thought was fair.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:01 PM   #65
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Why would anyone trade for Josh? IMO, other than taking a guy with less potential or less output is if we take on a bad contract (that only goes to 2010 other wise it isn't worth it.)

Ax, you are overboard. It's hard to put any stock into your posts when you say things like, you think we can win it all now. HOW could you..rather, what evidence do you have that is even remotely linked to us being able to have that kind of success? Maybe with a trade or two and with lots of consistent luck, but can you be realistic for once,please?
I am being very realistic because I know that this is basketball?? and unless its truly rigged by the comish then anything can happen, including us winning it all. That could come through a trade, or the team gelling with Howard again, or maybe without him. But it can happen. I am not saying wer the favorites by any means, but it can happen.

........GO MAVS
Old 01-23-2009, 12:01 PM   #66
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

That is it though... we know that we have had some crappy offers. Cubes and Co are just trying to make sure the Devin for Kidd flop doesnt happen again (though comparing Howard to Devin is a far reach these days). Just saying Id rather hold onto Howard until the summer if it meant us not giving into a trade that would bring back Kwame Brown.

And even if we find news of us trading for someone we feel would be good with us (Marion) and our FO is telling the media we are not interested. That doesnt mean anything really. From what I have read we were the ones that approached Miami about Marion for Howard (though Felton was included in the 4 team deal before as well). All we can do is sit back and hope for the best. I am sure that Cuban is working out the math constantly on a trade checker as much as we are, heh.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #67
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

At this point I am really hoping its without Howard tho.

........GO MAVS
Old 01-23-2009, 02:07 PM   #68
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
I am being very realistic because I know that this is basketball?? and unless its truly rigged by the comish then anything can happen, including us winning it all. That could come through a trade, or the team gelling with Howard again, or maybe without him. But it can happen. I am not saying wer the favorites by any means, but it can happen.

Ok, you believe what you like, and I'm not trying to mess with you but like I asked, what evidence do you have that would tell you we could win it all? When is the last time a floundering NBA team like ours has jumped up and won it all from basically out of nowhere...and that is seemingly where we would be coming from.

I mean, not trying to pee on your spirit world here but at this point it seems obvious to me that we're in trouble, and here you are spreading false hopes that there is a legit shot at a title this year.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #69
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Ok, you believe what you like, and I'm not trying to mess with you but like I asked, what evidence do you have that would tell you we could win it all? When is the last time a floundering NBA team like ours has jumped up and won it all from basically out of nowhere...and that is seemingly where we would be coming from.

I mean, not trying to pee on your spirit world here but at this point it seems obvious to me that we're in trouble, and here you are spreading false hopes that there is a legit shot at a title this year.
I understand what your saying. Its just that I have played a lot of ball and the season is only half way through, theres a lot of room to improve. The only evidence I have is that ITs BASKETBALL and stuff happens

........GO MAVS
Old 01-23-2009, 02:44 PM   #70
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Ax you're being TOO optimistic!

I was optimistic in the offseason but the first 10 games disillusioned me.

At its VERY best, this team can maybe win 1 playoff series, and I wouldn't put my $ on that.
Come on, you believe we can beat the Lakers?
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:46 PM   #71
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
I still think we can win it all. The playoffs are a whole diff. game and its still just basketball. He would be the number 2-3 option here and he wouldn't have to face as much pressure with Dirk and Jet. I think we would be set.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #72
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Apparently he did offer Josh, but didn't get what he wanted.

Quote:
Way I hear it from an L.A. informant, Dallas offered Howard for Shawn Marion in a complicated four-team trade involving Oklahoma City and Charlotte. When the Mavs couldn't get Raymond Felton in the deal, it was reduced to its lowest denominator - Matt Carroll and Ryan Hollins for DeSagana Diop, whom Charlotte thought it had last summer when the career backup center was free. Dallas offered more, $36 million for five years. "I see us making small deals," Cuban texted. If those interested in his bench, think Dallas' disappointments (Jerry Stackhouse, no doubt) for yours. New York Post
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:54 PM   #73
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Basketball is perhaps the easiest professional sport to predict. The truly elite teams almost always win in the playoffs. If we can't get Rip/Rasheed or Kaman, anything that could rejuvenate this team and make them lethal, then you need to rebuild... a trade HAS to happen before the deadline and it needs to be major.