Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2009, 04:37 PM   #11
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
You completely misrepresented my point here. It's not about who can live with what, and it's not even about Harris v. Kidd. I was pointing out the boneheaded logical fallacy in saying that Kidd must be old and slow on defense because player X and player Y had a good night against him. Plenty of players have had great nights against Devin, and there isn't an intelligent basketball fan on the planet who thinks Devin is old or slow.
You could have used a better example than a miracle comeback from the Nets in which Devin led the charge. He's been lit up plenty of times here and in NJ. I agree everyone gets scored on once in a while, you can pick any player in the league and find a game in which he let someone drop 30. That doesn't change the fact that people calling Kidd old and slow aren't wrong. Be honest, there isn't an intelligent basketball fan that would say Kidd is young or fast (in comparison to the average point guard in the league).

When it comes down to it, the real argument here is who the better defender is, Kidd or Harris. It's all relative. I don't think Kidd is nearly as bad as the media seems to suggest (he's just lost a step or four from what they remember, him in his glory days). Was he a better defender in his prime than Harris is now? Definitely. But again, apples and oranges. I would like him to focus on the offense because that, to me, is a point guards job. I accept that he won't be holding the elite guards in this league to 10 points any time soon, but he needs to stick with what he's still great at, and that's why this article is good news.

But it's still not enough for a championship run, they still need another piece. Clocks ticking.

Tags
<3 terry/avery b/c black, 501, about about about, b/ckiddirk&carlislerwhite, because silk says so, break the bank, carlisle = avery, classic threads, creditxpert2003, he got hurt, homosexuals are gay, i call this tag spam, i rest my case, kidd is hot, race baiting, shut the hell up..., silk = horses brother?, silk the inside info man, silkxpertbasketballguru, trade jho