Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light
Default Do we still need a trade?

Lately,it seems like everybody is meshing perfectly with Kidd's style of play, now the real question is do we need to do a trade before the deadline? If we must then for what position? Do we trade for a guard to back up Kidd? A center to back up Damp and Hollins? We should be preparing for the playoff push, FO should be fully aware of this.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

If you think that Dallas can ring the championship with this current roster, then no to a trade.

I think the answer is pretty obvious.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:39 AM   #3
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

We need a trade if it's the right trade. We can be more picky than we could have a few weeks ago. We get the right player back or we stand still. I think that was Cuban's philosophy anyway. The Mavs FO doesn't want to get burned like the Kidd/Harris trade. But now it appears with the way Kidd is playing the only reason they got burned is giving up the two first round draft picks, that was excessive.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 02-05-2009 at 10:42 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:15 AM   #4
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Neither a backup for Kidd nor a backup for Dampier will make us a contender as the changes would have to be bigger and really influence our rotation. Our last four wins were nice and playing like that for the rest of the season might enable us to beat teams like Portland, Houston, and maybe even Denver or New Orleans come playoff time, but it's still very optimistic to expect the Mavs to win against the Lakers AND Boston/Cleveland in a 7-game series.

With the exception of Dirk and JET, I think that pretty much every player on the roster is tradeable. It's quite difficult to single someone out, even though I would still prefer a deal that includes Josh despite his recent encouraging behaviour. He just seems moody. Dirk, JET, and Kidd have had bad games as well and will continue to have them every now and then, but at least one can be totally sure that they will give everything they have and fully concentrate on the team's success.

I hope the front office is analysing every possible option right now and goes with the one that looks most promising. If we can't get something done that really makes us better, so be it.

Last edited by dalger; 02-05-2009 at 11:16 AM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:25 AM   #5
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

The question is, Can we hang with the Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, or Cavaliers in a seven game series. Are there teams other than the Lakers that we would have a hard time hanging 7 games with? example: Hornets, Nuggets?? If we can, then we absolutely dont need NO stinkin trades. If not, which I suspect would be the truthful answer, we need a change guys and lets not let our recent success cloud our judgements

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #6
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think you need a trade to make the playoffs.

Yes, you need a trade to win it all though. Teams like SA will feast on the Dallas's of the playoffs by slowing tempo, and forcing you into a half-court offense.

Then they will use their half court offense to destroy you with easy baskets inside.

Boston has KG and Perkins. - not counting RAllen and Pierce.
Cleveland has Big Z and Big Ben. -- Not counting LBJ
LA has Gasol, and Bynum. -- Not counting Kobe

It would be tough without another scoring Big, and better perimeter defense.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 02-05-2009 at 11:41 AM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:37 AM   #7
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

It's never been about making the playoffs for me. It's been about winning it all.

Contact Me
Old 02-05-2009, 11:58 AM   #8
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I think we can take San Antonio, and are actually one of the very few teams that can. I think we just need Howard to play out of his mind for a few more games... preferably in a win against Boston as well. Then see if we can do a last minute trade including Howard. I definitely think if we make a good enough trade with Howard that we can be a contender. But, it would have to be for a piece(s) that would fit in immediately, rather than someone that would take a long time for the team to adjust to or pieces for the future that wont help out in this current run.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #9
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Does Howard want to WIN with the Mavs or is he just looking good for his next employer?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-05-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #10
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

I would imagine that with Howard's recent solid play his value has gone up to at least near market value.

As for a trade I think we absolutley need something. We would be foolish to not get something for Stack;s contract and throw in a Bass or Howard and we should be able to net a solid player who can contribute now. I think a wise investment both for now and the future would be a younger point guard who could back up Kidd and also being learning the system.
MX425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:58 PM   #11
TNT

TNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to all

we need a big man and we don't need howard?
and you ask do we still need a trade?
TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #12
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
It's never been about making the playoffs for me. It's been about winning it all.
So true.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #13
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Does Howard want to WIN with the Mavs or is he just looking good for his next employer?
I think he wants to STAY with the Mavs like he stated recently, and he's playing his ass off to do that. Then when the trade deadline comes and goes and he's still a Mav he then goes back to his lazy ways.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #14
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
I think he wants to STAY with the Mavs like he stated recently, and he's playing his ass off to do that. Then when the trade deadline comes and goes and he's still a Mav he then goes back to his lazy ways.
A week ago I was 100% certain this was true. Now I'm thinking that DA and Kidd might be able to keep JHo on track. Consequently, I am only 60% certain he goes back to his lazy ways.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:29 PM   #15
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

A four game win streak and everyone is participating in a circle jerk in the main Mavs section... but we CAN'T win a championship as constructed. It just won't happen. I don't care if it's a Kidd for Davis/Camby, a Howard for Kaman, or a Stack for Miller (or you know... ALL of those...) we need to make some moves to become elite.

I don't blame Kidd personally for the teams failure to be elite, I blame the trade... it didn't work, and it happens. So let's make another one. One trade I would have loved to see would have been to get AK-47 here somehow (Howard and Stack works, little much though)... but he's out for the season now.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #16
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41 View Post
A four game win streak and everyone is participating in a circle jerk in the main Mavs section... but we CAN'T win a championship as constructed. It just won't happen. I don't care if it's a Kidd for Davis/Camby, a Howard for Kaman, or a Stack for Miller (or you know... ALL of those...) we need to make some moves to become elite.

I don't blame Kidd personally for the teams failure to be elite, I blame the trade... it didn't work, and it happens. So let's make another one. One trade I would have loved to see would have been to get AK-47 here somehow (Howard and Stack works, little much though)... but he's out for the season now.

Man, ak47 here for Jho and stack is NOT going to get us any further than we are now, even if he were completely healthy. It's obviously too much to give up as well. Circle jerk or not I think if you are gonna make a move you make one that will make us better or dont F with the chemistry.

Something seems to be happening and yeah we could go out and lose tonight but were not gonna win out the rest of the season. Yeah we should win it but we are in the 2nd of a B2B tonight and I would bet that we win one later that maybe we shouldn't have. Kidd shouldn't be going anywhere! Jho, fine trade him but not just to make a move.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:21 PM   #17
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

I agree with Alby on this one. If a trade can be made that puts the Mavs over the top then do it. If not then it would be best to stay pat. A healthy Jermaine O'Neil and Jason Kapono might do it...
Old 02-06-2009, 12:08 AM   #18
alby
Guru

thanks bird

Contact Me
Old 02-06-2009, 12:40 AM   #19
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

yes
Old 02-06-2009, 12:58 AM   #20
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Hell Yea!!!!
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:10 AM   #21
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Si
Old 02-06-2009, 02:15 AM   #22
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Cuban needs to be trying to get Shaq from the Suns man
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:34 AM   #23
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Would love Stack 4 Salmons. He'd give us another shooter/scorer and versatile perimeter defender. He's pretty consistent too.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:47 AM   #24
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Stack,Bass,S.Williams for Salmons,Mikki Moore works. Saves Sac $. Doubt they'd do it though.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:50 AM   #25
xavier

xavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the rough

WTF!
Ofcourse we need a trade........!
With the team as it sits, we will make a first round exit in the postseason, and thats if we even make it.
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:22 AM   #26
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Heard that Suns and Sacramento's on fire sale, maybe we could get Shaq or Barnes, Salmons or Miller..
Old 02-06-2009, 09:01 AM   #27
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...1~21&te=&cash=

Do you think The suns make this trade?

Bass & Howard

for

Barbosa (fallen out of the rotation), Barnes (plays same as grant hill), and Robin Lopez

They could start Richardson, nash, howard, amare and shaq with bass backing up amare.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #28
MX425

I can't create a new thread for some reason, but here is my question. Looking at our depth chart, we are stacked at the 3 spot, however almost none of the players see floor time. Do James Singleton and Shawne Williams have a future with the mavs or were these gambles that we lost on? What is y'alls take?
Old 02-06-2009, 09:34 AM   #29
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX425 View Post
I can't create a new thread for some reason, but here is my question. Looking at our depth chart, we are stacked at the 3 spot, however almost none of the players see floor time. Do James Singleton and Shawne Williams have a future with the mavs or were these gambles that we lost on? What is y'alls take?
You'll be able to start new threads once you've made enough posts...

As far as our depth - I'd wait until the trade deadline to figure that mess out (because I'm hoping some of these issues will be ironed out with a trade...)

But yeah - we seem to have a lot of redundancy on our bench... Too many players with the same skill-sets...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:47 AM   #30
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Quote:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...1~21&te=&cash=

Do you think The suns make this trade?

Bass & Howard

for

Barbosa (fallen out of the rotation), Barnes (plays same as grant hill), and Robin Lopez

They could start Richardson, nash, howard, amare and shaq with bass backing up amare.
I think the Suns make the trade, but I am not sure we would. Barbosa is what is to be gained here, as well as a good young center who shows a lot of promise in Lopez. However, I'm not sure that is worth giving up Bass (he had his slumps, but is our best guy off the bench next to JET) and Howard for. I don't think the trade really helps our chances of a championship, it just gives us wider spread talent on our bench. We have to fix the starters first.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #31
mac222b
Diamond Member

i don't think PHO would do this.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:15 AM   #32
MX425

Ok, what need is out greatest at this point? I don't know if it is a scorer or a defensive stopper. We seem to get burned by the fast gaurds in the league, ie Williams, Rondo, Harris, Paul. Kidd is very useful as was mentioned in taking the bigger gaurds and getting steals by jumping in passing lanes but we lack the speedy defender who can stay in front of these gaurds. I just don't know who to target to help in this area.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:33 AM   #33
MX425

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~6~6&te=&cash=

How about this trade?

Howard, Bass, Stack for Jackson, Ellis, Randolph

We start Kidd, Ellis, Jackson, Dirk, Damp. Randolp gives us depth behind Dirk. Still have Terry off the bench.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #34
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Quote:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~6~6&te=&cash=

How about this trade?

We start Kidd, Ellis, Jackson, Dirk, Damp. Randolp gives us depth behind Dirk. Still have Terry off the bench.
And if we trade Kidd for Davis and Camby, I think he would be motivated since he will be reunited with some old and new thugs.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #35
alby
Guru

We would be the 2007 Warriors with Dirk instead of J-Rich.

Contact Me
Old 02-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #36
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2745~2006~802~2751~378~3455&te ams=9~9~9~6~6~6&te=&cash=

How about this trade?

lol at this dream trade.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #37
Zki41

Nellie won't deal with Cubes anyway
Old 02-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #38
MX425

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
lol at this dream trade.
It would be a dream trade, but Ellis hasn't set the world on fire since his return and there is bad blood between him and the franchise. Jax is older and has a huge contract with several years left. They aren't going to win it soon so maybe rebuilding a little would help.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:12 PM   #39
Chicken Diavlo

Chicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really nice

This team desperately needs something. They're boring and hard to watch, not to mention EXTREMELY mediocre.

Sadly, I can't think of ANY possible trades to help this team that are realistic. I suck.
Chicken Diavlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #40
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41 View Post
Nellie won't deal with Cubes anyway
I wouldn't be so sure of that. The Warriors have some contracts that definitely need to be unloaded. If someone is willing to take them, they'll listen.