Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-25-2002, 09:49 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody watching the Kings and Lakers game?

Man, Christie and Fox went at it. First on the court and then in the tunnel again. The whole Kings bench went back there.

What happened is Fox got a loose ball and elbowed Christie. Christie slapped the ball back at him. Then Fox slapped Christie upside the head and Chrisie gave Fox an uppercut.

They were both ejected and while Christie was heading into the tunnel a fan threw a drink at Christie. In the meantime, Fox left in his tunnel and circled around to wait for Christie to come through and they went at it. The whole Kings bench went back there, O'Neal had circled around with Fox and was back there too. I heard that Mark Madsen had done the same but never saw him. Security had to lock both locker room doors to make sure no one could come in the oposing locker rooms.

Crazy, crazy, crazy shit.
Old 10-25-2002, 09:58 PM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Great fight... I wish we could have seen everything that went on under the stands... It looked like it took the entire roster of the Sacramento Queens to hold back the rampaging Shaq in the tunnel...

Also, that was a pretty pathetic little punk punch from Christie...
Old 10-25-2002, 11:16 PM   #3
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Damn, this kinda diminishes the Mavs chances of poking their necks into the fray. It looks like they only thing that will really matter this Basketball season is Lakers vs Kings. Mavs need a rival.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 12:02 AM   #4
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< Damn, this kinda diminishes the Mavs chances of poking their necks into the fray. It looks like they only thing that will really matter this Basketball season is Lakers vs Kings. Mavs need a rival. >>

Mavs need to try and rival with Spurs atleast get 2 games this season.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 08:51 AM   #5
MavsRich

MavsRich is on a distinguished road

I agree Epitome, only 2 teams that seem to matter now is the Lakers and Kings. They are the 2 best, and the 2 I look to be playing for the West this year.
MavsRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 10:49 AM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

<< Also, that was a pretty pathetic little punk punch from Christie... >>

You mean as compared to the pathetic little punk push from fox? Why do you say stuff like that, that punch would have probably knocked you on your tush...

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 12:38 PM   #7
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Ha... The vehemance of my comment was influenced by my dislike of the Kings, but it really didn't look like there was much behind that little tap of a Christie uppercut. A minute later it looked like he got at least one good shot in on Fox on the tunnel but then it turned into a push fight... As far as being knocked on my tush by that initial Christie punch... maybe, but I doubt it...
Old 10-26-2002, 01:42 PM   #8
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Wow...really took you guys a long time before throwing the towel in on the season. Wait, has the season even STARTED? no. Then why the hell are you all saying that this year is all about Lakers/Kings. Either one of those teams, just like the mavs, could seriously fall if either of their top 2 players got hurt. Pessimism [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2002, 02:49 PM   #9
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

If the Mavs or any team get ahead of another on account of on eof their players getting hurt. I don't consider that a victory particularly or something to brag about.
Old 10-26-2002, 03:17 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn epitome...don't watch the Mavs games then because apprently you know they aren't going to be there at the end of the year. sheesh.

Christie needed to punch someone to relieve himself from all his tension. He learned how to punch from his wife.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 03:39 PM   #11
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Let me preface this by saying I am not just talking about this thread... But...

...I don't understand why there are so many Sacramento King's fellow travelors and apologists amongst Mavs fans. It seems like whenever someone says anything critical about any of the Kings or their performance against the Lakers we have some Mavs fans climbing out of the wood works to talk about how great Sacramento is... It also seems like a lot of fans only think of the Lakers and Sacramento as being the only &quot;real&quot; championship contenders. I think we have just as good a shot in the playoffs this year as Sacramento, and we may in fact end up with a better record than them this year. We may not be able to surpass a motivated Lakers team featuring a healthy Shaq, but the big mans' health is not assured and the Lakers might lose their focus after three championships... Then again the continuing development of our Mavs might eventually allow us to beat an aging Lakers team with or without Shaq...

As for the Kings, I know they beat us last year but they certainly are not more talented than the Mavs and I think that we will show that this year. I have seen a lot of media pundits and misguided fans compare last years Kings/Lakers series to the first Pistons/Lakers championship series in the early nineties... that is to say that a lot of folks think that following a logical progression the Kings will be able to come back and beat the Lakers much as the Pistons did after losing the year before... I think this is hogwash. I believe that time will prove the Kings to be more akin to that Portland team that lost game seven of conference finals to the Lakers a couple of years ago. They lost in seven games and they lost their heart...

Old 10-26-2002, 04:34 PM   #12
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Is it just me, or the Kings stupid. 12 Kings in the tunnel and one Shaq. That's 24 feet that had the oppurtunity to stomp all over the Diesel's toe.
Old 10-26-2002, 04:42 PM   #13
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

I wonder how many of the Kings, outside of Christie, will get a suspension....Has any team ever lost a game by default because everyone on the roster is suspended?
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 05:09 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

<< Is it just me, or the Kings stupid. 12 Kings in the tunnel and one Shaq. That's 24 feet that had the oppurtunity to stomp all over the Diesel's toe. >>

Now you my man are a thinker. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 11:28 PM   #15
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Ten Queens vs. One Shaq? One Shaq wins...
Old 10-26-2002, 11:47 PM   #16
DTL
Diamond Member

btw, what was shaq wearing last night? is that a new line of walkaround pajamas?
Old 10-27-2002, 02:07 AM   #17
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< I wonder how many of the Kings, outside of Christie, will get a suspension....Has any team ever lost a game by default because everyone on the roster is suspended? >>

The NBA rules are set up so that a team will always have at least 8 active players. If so many team members are suspended that the team would fall below 8 then the suspensions are staggered--so 3 guys serve their games, then another 3 guys etc.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 02:39 AM   #18
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< btw, what was shaq wearing last night? is that a new line of walkaround pajamas? >>

Somone told me it was Gucci or Burberry.

1996-2005
Old 10-27-2002, 03:19 PM   #19
DTL
Diamond Member

thanks to the ever-so-edifying Meister
Old 10-27-2002, 04:54 PM   #20
Epitome22
Golden Member

<< Let me preface this by saying I am not just talking about this thread... But...

...I don't understand why there are so many Sacramento King's fellow travelors and apologists amongst Mavs fans. It seems like whenever someone says anything critical about any of the Kings or their performance against the Lakers we have some Mavs fans climbing out of the wood works to talk about how great Sacramento is... It also seems like a lot of fans only think of the Lakers and Sacramento as being the only &quot;real&quot; championship contenders. I think we have just as good a shot in the playoffs this year as Sacramento, and we may in fact end up with a better record than them this year. We may not be able to surpass a motivated Lakers team featuring a healthy Shaq, but the big mans' health is not assured and the Lakers might lose their focus after three championships... Then again the continuing development of our Mavs might eventually allow us to beat an aging Lakers team with or without Shaq...

As for the Kings, I know they beat us last year but they certainly are not more talented than the Mavs and I think that we will show that this year. I have seen a lot of media pundits and misguided fans compare last years Kings/Lakers series to the first Pistons/Lakers championship series in the early nineties... that is to say that a lot of folks think that following a logical progression the Kings will be able to come back and beat the Lakers much as the Pistons did after losing the year before... I think this is hogwash. I believe that time will prove the Kings to be more akin to that Portland team that lost game seven of conference finals to the Lakers a couple of years ago. They lost in seven games and they lost their heart...
>>

Mavericks fans lost alot of their right and ability to hold their nose up regarding Mavs vs Kings issues aftere the Kings embarrassed them in the playoffs last season. The fact that they took the Lakers to 7 games didn't help either. I'm just rather sad about the whole thing. Last season, everything was up for grabs between 4 teams, now the Mavs and Spurs fans, especially the Mavs fans can't assume they have a right to be considered contenders of the Sac Kings caliber. They are the ones that have something to prove, and unfortunatly they won't get a chance to legitimatly prove they are contenders until the playoffs roll around. Because The Lakers over the last 3 seasons have made the regular season virtually meaningless and I hate them for it. The Playoffs are what matter, and after every regular season game The Mavs sneak by The Kings after a tough battled regular season game and Mavs fans thump their chests, we Mavs fans need only to be reminded by Kings fans how much the regular season mattered when the Kings made the Mavs their prison girlfriends during the playoffs. I don't see the Mavs as being particularly better than they were last season. Sac Town made some nice additions to make themselves even stronger, not to mention the Jailblazers have gotten stronger, The Spurs have gotten stronger and the Clippers got ALOT stronger. It's going to be a tough season.
Old 10-27-2002, 05:27 PM   #21
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<<

<< Let me preface this by saying I am not just talking about this thread... But...

>>

Mavericks fans lost alot of their right and ability to hold their nose up regarding Mavs vs Kings issues aftere the Kings embarrassed them in the playoffs last season. The fact that they took the Lakers to 7 games didn't help either. I'm just rather sad about the whole thing. Last season, everything was up for grabs between 4 teams, now the Mavs and Spurs fans, especially the Mavs fans can't assume they have a right to be considered contenders of the Sac Kings caliber. They are the ones that have something to prove, and unfortunatly they won't get a chance to legitimatly prove they are contenders until the playoffs roll around. Because The Lakers over the last 3 seasons have made the regular season virtually meaningless and I hate them for it. The Playoffs are what matter, and after every regular season game The Mavs sneak by The Kings after a tough battled regular season game and Mavs fans thump their chests, we Mavs fans need only to be reminded by Kings fans how much the regular season mattered when the Kings made the Mavs their prison girlfriends during the playoffs. I don't see the Mavs as being particularly better than they were last season. Sac Town made some nice additions to make themselves even stronger, not to mention the Jailblazers have gotten stronger, The Spurs have gotten stronger and the Clippers got ALOT stronger. It's going to be a tough season.
>>

I think what alot of people fail to realize is that Mavs didn't need to make any changes this off season. THey made there changes by the trade deadline last season. Its so far you can go with a mid level exception in this league. Sure Kings and Blazers added players this off season but that takes them back some when they are in the playoffs and some of those players have no experience out there. While Mavs have learned from there mistakes and have the same core as last season. People think Clippers are goign to be a handful now because they have a real pg well that pg doesen't know any of those guys around him so it is going to be interesting to see how things fall out. But having Nick, Finley, Dirk, Nash and Raef all on the same team you just have to compare us to anyo ther teams out there but this time we got experience.

1996-2005
Old 10-27-2002, 07:22 PM   #22
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

<< [i]

<< [i]

<< [i]

I think what alot of people fail to realize is that Mavs didn't need to make any changes this off season.

<< [i]

That's what i've been trying to say all postseason.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 07:34 PM   #23
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

<< btw, what was shaq wearing last night? is that a new line of walkaround pajamas? >>

I don't think we see enough walkaround pajamas.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 11:35 PM   #24
MavsRich

MavsRich is on a distinguished road

Hey Epitome, why did Cuban add fuel to the fire by saying that he thinks the Mavs are better than the Kings? I agree with everything you said Epitome, absolutely everything. How do you see the west playing out?
MavsRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 02:02 PM   #25
Epitome22
Golden Member

Good question. I think I should start another thread so everybody can majke a prediction of how things will play out.