Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #201
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Not since 2006...
Wait. We haven't won a nationally televised game since 2006? It hasn't been that long as it?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #202
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
the joy has left this game.
You're late, sir.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #203
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Why hasn't Damp played a little more?

edit: 4 fouls. still...

Last edited by tcat075; 03-29-2009 at 02:02 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #204
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
BTW, Cuban just tweeted..or twitted or something that he got fined 25K.

yeah, I'm a loser for checking, i know.
You mean, Cubs is member of that twitter community and just posted a message via cell phone?
Old 03-29-2009, 02:03 PM   #205
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

I even don't know why I'm still watching this crap.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:03 PM   #206
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
You mean, Cubs is member of that twitter community and just posted a message via cell phone?
Yes, and I believe he got fined for twitting during the Denver game and complaining about a no-call on J.R. Smith.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:04 PM   #207
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Wait. We haven't won a nationally televised game since 2006? It hasn't been that long as it?
Don't know, I was just in the mood to use some irony...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 03-29-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #208
MVPizzle06

MVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the rough

Szerbiak just shot/caught/and carried the ball out of bounds and they got the ball back?
MVPizzle06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:06 PM   #209
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

If we're ever going to get a couple of super star game breakers on the mavs, we need to blow this unit up completely, be one of the worst in the league for 2 or 3 years, get a great pick, hopefully top 2 pick, and get a couple of real stars here.

Other than that, we'll continue to tease the fans with these outstanding victories over horrible teams, and be fooled into thinking we're a great team.

Ever since we got rid of Diop the first time, then got rid of Harris and Avery Johnson, we've basically been a prick-tease team.
mavsjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:06 PM   #210
STJessie1984

STJessie1984 will become famous soon enough

cavs blow us by 130 if they go on like this..
STJessie1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:06 PM   #211
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

I think Dirk shot the ball just 6 times in the second half.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:07 PM   #212
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPizzle06 View Post
Szerbiak just shot/caught/and carried the ball out of bounds and they got the ball back?
They got the ball back because Hollin's blocked the crap out of the ball. Hollins is fun to watch.

He's the only reason i'm even still watching this. The starters out there can't even compete with the Cavs bench.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:09 PM   #213
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Damp and Green have the highest +/-'s.

JET and Dirk have the lowest.

Just 3 steals. Total of 4 Cavs TO's.

Damp has as many points as JET on 5 less shots.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:09 PM   #214
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, and I believe he got fined for twitting during the Denver game and complaining about a no-call on J.R. Smith.
OK, modern technique is his business.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:09 PM   #215
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

dirk and jet shooting badly really shows how crappy our team is otherwise....
only 2 ppl who can score consistently (normally) is just not good enough...

Last edited by Lor20; 03-29-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #216
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
They got the ball back because Hollin's blocked the crap out of the ball. Hollins is fun to watch.

He's the only reason i'm even still watching this. The starters out there can't even compete with the Cavs bench.
Same here. Hollins and Green are the only reason I'm still watching.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:11 PM   #217
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Damp and Green have the highest +/-'s.

JET and Dirk have the lowest.

Just 3 steals. Total of 4 Cavs TO's.

Damp has as many points as JET on 5 less shots.
One of the turning points, I believe, is when Damp sat the entire 2nd quarter. I love Hollins. Love his energy and hustle. But Damp was really very effective in the first quarter.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:12 PM   #218
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Damn Green. Letting Wally beat you off the dribble is a all time low.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:14 PM   #219
NYMAVGUY

NYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura aboutNYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura about

I'm very impressed by Cleveland. I think they might take it all. I was one of those guys who thought lebron was a little over-rated. But he might make the other players around him better than any other player in the NBA.
NYMAVGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:14 PM   #220
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Same here. Hollins and Green are the only reason I'm still watching.
Yea and Green as well. He's not looking too good out there but I atleast like to see him play.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:16 PM   #221
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

So, I showed up late here. I guess the Mavs never came out of the locker room for the 2nd half?
Old 03-29-2009, 02:17 PM   #222
NYMAVGUY

NYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura aboutNYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsjunkie View Post
If we're ever going to get a couple of super star game breakers on the mavs, we need to blow this unit up completely, be one of the worst in the league for 2 or 3 years, get a great pick, hopefully top 2 pick, and get a couple of real stars here.

Other than that, we'll continue to tease the fans with these outstanding victories over horrible teams, and be fooled into thinking we're a great team.

Ever since we got rid of Diop the first time, then got rid of Harris and Avery Johnson, we've basically been a prick-tease team.
I liked Diop. I thought he was intimidating.
NYMAVGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:18 PM   #223
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post
One of the turning points, I believe, is when Damp sat the entire 2nd quarter. I love Hollins. Love his energy and hustle. But Damp was really very effective in the first quarter.
I disagree. Hollins was the right way to go because you knew Mo and Bron were going to start attacking the rack. Not to mention he had 3 fouls in the 2nd. But what Damp did good in that 1st half is the same exact thing Hollins could've offered if given the chance. All Damp did was get dunks handed to him by Kidd. I think about 2 or 3 of those dunks came of pick and rolls but Hollins could've offered the same.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #224
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yea and Green as well. He's not looking too good out there but I atleast like to see him play.
His TO was bad (I don't know, its possible JJ wasn't in the correct bail-out spot?), and his defense was exposed once or twice, but he's not taking stupid shots and is moving the ball around.

Hollins has shown some a few nice post shots that have just rimmed out. Don't know what happened on JJ's pass that sailed out of bounds. Was Hollins not looking? Or was he held and the refs missed it?
Old 03-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #225
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Getting fined for twitting is BULLSHIT!
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #226
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Hollin's is a freak.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #227
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Question : Is there an after show programm on the radio, like TheTicket or so ? Would be interesting what Rick has got to say.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:21 PM   #228
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Hollins broadcasts his moves, you can see where he is going to go long before he makes a move.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:22 PM   #229
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmfast View Post
So, I showed up late here. I guess the Mavs never came out of the locker room for the 2nd half?
They didn't REALLY come out for the 2nd QUARTER, it just wasn't as noticeable because we had a lead.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:22 PM   #230
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

that was a nice take by green.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #231
mmmfast

Sad, I heard the announcers say we had a 15pt lead at one point.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #232
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Hollins has to quit going for the ESPN highlight and make the smarter decision which would've been a lay-in.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #233
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Question : Is there an after show programm on the radio, like TheTicket or so ? Would be interesting what Rick has got to say.
ESPN Radio has a horrible post game show.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #234
tcat075
Diamond Member

That was a great block...Hollins was only being held as he went up by his defender with the defender's other hand...

Last edited by tcat075; 03-29-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:25 PM   #235
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Its true. We ended the half with a 2 point lead.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:25 PM   #236
mmmfast

Looked like a bear hug followed by a block followed by bs.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #237
mmmfast

Quote:
Its true. We ended the half with a 2 point lead.
That hurts, Cavs were sure to be tough at home but this team has no onions.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #238
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yes. It went downhill from there. The Cavs made a great run to cut it into 2 at half time. Then the Mavs came out flat in the 2nd half. No energy at all.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #239
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
That was a great block...Hollins was only being held as he went up by his defender with the defender's other hand...
Yea I thought that was great until I saw the replay. It was. I don't think it effected Hollin's dunk. He was grabbing him before he went up. Great block nonetheless. I wonder why Hickson doesn't get more pt anyway. I guess they're just waiting for Ben Wallace's departure whether its from retirement or wherever.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:29 PM   #240
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Well, this game was a shocker. Hopefully Phx wins tonight against Sacramento. This type of game is what Mav fans will see against the Lakers.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gdt 08/09, i take it back, slaughterhouse, washington generals, well..... what's new?