Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-27-2008, 03:41 PM   #481
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Great post, Underdog.
I think I'm the first member (other than Underdog) to say that sentence.
Well, you and underdog are wrong then . Lou, Magloire and Jones have been cut by coaches other than Avery. In Jones' case he's been cut twice in the past year or so. They are who we thought they were. (Or at least who we should have thought they were).

Actually Lue is still a usable player as a 3rd PG and ocassional spark plug guy but I wouldn't expect him to play any better than what we saw.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:44 PM   #482
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Well, you and underdog are wrong then
Jones IS done without question...but I'd like to see Mags and Lue get a shot in training camp...

Mags could be a huge surprise around here. Of course if we nab Diop, I don't know if he sees the floor.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:44 PM   #483
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think any player misses shots on purpose...but I do think he stopped trying as hard to do the little things and settled for the easy shots far too often.
He wasn't missing the shots on purpose but It didn't seem he was trying imo, really just go back if you have any of those games recorded and tell me if you saw Josh looked determined or agressive. And he didn't take "easy shots", an easy shot for Josh is a nice mid range jumper or a smooth floater in the lane. He didn't do any of that instead he took contested 3's, foolish shots, and he took his new favorite shot" The highly contested 22 foot stepback jumper". And when he played like a donkey's a$$ he didn't even look worried. The dude looked like he straight up didn't care anymore, thats why he talked about his marijuana, and thats why he was inviting people to his party after the loss. He just didn't care anymore.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:46 PM   #484
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
You know I once started a thread about this same issue, Josh is just too good to play that poorly vs the Whorenets. If he was having a shooting slump its understandable but some of the shots, the turnovers, the attitude all made me think that Josh was doing some of this on purpose. I think Josh had every right to be angry because his buddy was traded(I'm still angry now) but when he chose to act and play like that because of that issue shows me he should be traded. What happens if Carlislie pisses Josh off then? More turnovers? Stupid dribbling? Shooting 30%? More foolish confessions? Josh should be traded. Just my two cents

That's true. If you want to say it's just b/c of the way Avery did things, it's still a trust issue. How do we know if Carlisle does something that Josh doesn't like he's not going to revert back to the bad way?

I know it's key to stay positive...but you still can't forget the faults he has.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 05-27-2008 at 03:56 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #485
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
That's true. If you want to say it's just b/c of the way Avery did things, it's still a trust issue. How do we know if Carlisle does something that Josh doesn't like he's not going to revert back to the bad way.

I know it's key to stay positive...but you still can't forget the faults he has.
Exactly.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:20 PM   #486
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Jamaal Magloire for comeback player of the year! 10/10/2, I FEEL IT!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:59 PM   #487
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
Jamaal Magloire for comeback player of the year! 10/10/2, I FEEL IT!
wouldn't be surprised if his per48 averages were pretty solid next season...but if Diop comes along, Mags is once again a man without a home...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-27-2008, 05:02 PM   #488
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

you guys still on this kick?
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:03 PM   #489
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
you guys still on this kick?
Yeah, I'm pretty settled on liking basketball the rest of my life...

Old 05-27-2008, 05:35 PM   #490
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

Quote:
all things being equal, who do you take, Artest or JHo?
The thing is, all things are not equal. Artest has got some serious baggage that still concerns me.

Besides that, unlike some people, I don't see Artest as a 2-3 type of guy. With his strength and body, I actually like him better as a 3-4 kind of guy. He doesn't have the quickness or suddenness I would like this team to have on the perimeter...He doesn't make very good basketball decisions either at times. So ultimately, I'd still go with Josh. But that's just me...Like I said, if the Mavs were convinced that something needed to be done, I could certainly understand it, and I admit that Artest is a very good (even great) player when he wants to be.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:37 PM   #491
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

If I were Josh Howard and I was traded to Sacromento I would shoot myself.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:54 PM   #492
EMO_416

EMO_416 is on a distinguished road

I really still cannot figure this out. But hopefully you guys can help me.

Why is it that when Dirk was out, Howard had 4 very good second halves, including 3 great fourth quarters (two that led to victories)..... yet he cant do that with Dirk? With all the pressure, with teams focusing on him alot more, he found a way to have 3 20+scoring second halves out of 4 games during our biggest stretch in the season. If Howard really was a choker wouldn't he have been exposed that wee? seeing as how the pressure really was on him to be that scorer? Something tells me Avery again was the root of the problem. Maybe this is why he and Howard clashed?

Howard at first liked the idea of being used as the spark who starts off games (remember Avery said that he wanted Howard to start off games, so that Dirk could finish). But as Howard started improving his game he didn't like the idea of being second banana to Terry and Stackhouse (two guys who become Dirk's second options in the 4th). Especially once the media found out about his first half scoring. So during the week Dirk was out, Howard tried to show Avery what he could do when used in the second half, and he flourished. But once Dirk came back, Howard was relegated to his old role and imo thats when things turned. Correct me if I am wrong but weren't Avery and Josh close? What changed?

Last edited by EMO_416; 05-29-2008 at 06:55 PM.
EMO_416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:08 PM   #493
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I heard and read somewhere from someone who supposedly knows Josh Howard that Josh was supposed to be very annoyed at how Avery used him to start games and then never went to him again...Now, I don't know how much of that is true, but my eyes tell me that Josh did get forgotten about in a lot of games.

As far as his play on the court, as I have said before, I really thought Josh almost seemed to be lashing out. He just looked like he was playing angry at the world and very unfocused. There might have been other things going on in his life (as Donnie indicated in an interview), but he is absolutely capable of playing much better than he did at the end of last season.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:42 PM   #494
EMO_416

EMO_416 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddh33
I heard and read somewhere from someone who supposedly knows Josh Howard that Josh was supposed to be very annoyed at how Avery used him to start games and then never went to him again...Now, I don't know how much of that is true, but my eyes tell me that Josh did get forgotten about in a lot of games.

As far as his play on the court, as I have said before, I really thought Josh almost seemed to be lashing out. He just looked like he was playing angry at the world and very unfocused. There might have been other things going on in his life (as Donnie indicated in an interview), but he is absolutely capable of playing much better than he did at the end of last season.
I really believe this. Howard was probably angry with him all year. To tell you the truth I dont blame him. Avery really made the world believe it was Howard who was not showing up and that he (Avery) was doing all he could to make Howard carry his production to the second half. I remember Avery taking shots at Howard during those one on one's during televised ESPN/TNT games where he would be like "lets hope he (Howard) helps us in the second half". And we all know that Avery rarely called any plays for him in the fourth. Even making that ridiculous statement after the spurs loss (the one without Tim Duncan) where he said he called a play for Howard to win the game, instead of Dirk which was obviously BS.

What made the situation chaotic imo was Howard being relegated to his old role after he showed Avery what he could do when used more in the second half during Dirk's four game absence, basically being ignored. And I believe that's when Howard rebelled.

Last edited by EMO_416; 05-29-2008 at 07:45 PM.
EMO_416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:39 PM   #495
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
I heard and read somewhere from someone who supposedly knows Josh Howard.
this is the funniest beginning to any post EVER.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:53 AM   #496
ddh33
Platinum Member

Quote:
this is the funniest beginning to any post EVER.
lol...The sad thing is that I don't even know how legit it is - just that heard from a guy who heard type of thing. Hope that's clear to everyone...
Old 05-30-2008, 01:17 AM   #497
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

The Mavs must make up for a lack of inside scoring by being in the top 3 as far as 2-PT jump shots, 3-PT jump shots, and FTA's... also must fully utilize Kidd's skillset and manufacture fast break points.

We were the #1 2-PT jump shooting team in the league this year and that's a start. an underreported aspect about this Mavs' season IMO was the 3-PT shooting though. We were like 20th in the league even though we were top 5 in the 2 years prior. Howard, Terry, and Nowitzki all shot 40% + over 2 years ago and regressed this year, although Dirk was very efficient behind the arc after the all star break... Howard's shot just went to shit though. Terry was still a very good 38% though.

Maybe I'm looking into numbers too much .

Last edited by ghazi; 05-30-2008 at 01:18 AM.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:30 AM   #498
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

My question is, who wasn't upset with Avery? I'm surprised there wasn't a full-out mutiny with all that i've heard.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-30-2008 at 09:04 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:40 AM   #499
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
My question is, who wasn't upset with Avery. I'm surprised there wasn't a full-out mutiny with all that i've heard.
Avery wasn't upset with Avery!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:49 AM   #500
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to show the coach you can score in the fourth quarter when plays aren't ran for you, then hit the offensive boards, get to the free throw line, and slash to the basket to get open. If you watch Howard in the 4th, sure less plays are called for him, but he just sits his ass at the three point line anyways. Since he's saving himself on offense, he must be manning up like an all defensive player right? Wrong.

PS, sorry I'm in a bad mood this morning lol

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 05-30-2008 at 10:50 AM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:03 AM   #501
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

He is a different Josh now.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:10 AM   #502
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I miss Josh, pre-allstar days.

Post or pre, the guy isn't a legitimate #2 on a championship team. For instance, I would take Odom over Howard straight up and Lamar is the third option on his team.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 01:49 AM   #503
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

We need more changes than josh
Old 05-31-2008, 05:24 AM   #504
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfanforever
We need more changes than josh
New coach?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:27 AM   #505
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
New coach?

But we just got Carlisle!!

Old 05-31-2008, 02:12 PM   #506
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
I miss Josh, pre-allstar days.

Post or pre, the guy isn't a legitimate #2 on a championship team. For instance, I would take Odom over Howard straight up and Lamar is the third option on his team.

Yup, it was a chip on his shoulder. He was getting better and still being a slasher but showing he could add to his game with a jumper. He played hungry and with a major passion, almost to a hot-head fault. He's lost it since then and it's his fault as well as Avery's. If he can have that passion and keep his mouth shut, then he can bring stuff that is desperately needed.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:50 PM   #507
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac
If I were Josh Howard and I was traded to Sacromento I would shoot myself.
He can kiss and make up with Brad Miller!

And hold hands and sing kumbaya!

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 05-31-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:13 AM   #508
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

Just in case you haven't seen it. Josh Howard interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjsQDaq-vNU
bgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:40 PM   #509
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

"Hopefully Ill still be around to play".....hmmm

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:48 PM   #510
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
"Hopefully Ill still be around to play".....hmmm
sounds like he is far less sure that we might of originally thought...which makes all of Cube's love fest about Josh seem a bit suspect...

Old 06-05-2008, 02:51 PM   #511
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Well, you and underdog are wrong then . Lou, Magloire and Jones have been cut by coaches other than Avery. In Jones' case he's been cut twice in the past year or so. They are who we thought they were. (Or at least who we should have thought they were).

Actually Lue is still a usable player as a 3rd PG and ocassional spark plug guy but I wouldn't expect him to play any better than what we saw.
I think Lue is more then a 3rd string...I think hes a great back up. He not too old and still can score and dish...plays good D too. He was not used nearly enuff last year. I think we should keep him as our back up especially if Jet is def. gonna be playing the 2.

I think we keep Bass, Lue, Wright, and....get rid of everyone else. well prolly keep Stack too

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:28 PM   #512
LSMF
Diamond Member

Watching that interview makes me still have some hope in Josh. I want this guy to work hard and bounce back. He can do it
Old 06-05-2008, 04:41 PM   #513
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
Watching that interview makes me still have some hope in Josh. I want this guy to work hard and bounce back. He can do it
Well, he can start here:

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 06-05-2008 at 04:44 PM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:54 PM   #514
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
sounds like he is far less sure that we might of originally thought...which makes all of Cube's love fest about Josh seem a bit suspect...
Anything is suspect at this point. Dirk and Kidd will be here, but I'm sure management is going to listen to offers for everyone else.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:22 AM   #515
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

haha yeah... How long was it after Cuban wore the Avery's Team shirt did he can him.. I dig Cuban but I really wonder how far ahead he is thinking sometimes.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #516
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
Anything is suspect at this point. Dirk and Kidd will be here, but I'm sure management is going to listen to offers for everyone else.
suspicion and confirmation are two different things...what Josh said, lends a bit of confirmation to our suspicion.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:01 PM   #517
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

You can't help what life do.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 06-06-2008 at 01:05 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #518
bgarrett
Banned

"Man ya can't control what the ball gowna do, pssht man yall crazy, hilarious"
Old 06-06-2008, 04:58 PM   #519
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

When failing a test in school...
"You can't help what the teacher do."

When failing driver's ed...
"You can't help what the car do."

When the landlord ask for the rent...
"You can't help what my money do."

Farting...
"You can't help what my butt do."

Dog pees on his mothers rug...
"Can't help what the dog do."

When getting a girl pregneant and asked to pay child support...
"Can't help what my penis do."

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 06-06-2008 at 05:04 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:21 PM   #520
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I think kobe threw out a "it's crazy" when talking about the balls and how he couldn't control them.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
josh howard