Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-29-2008, 10:51 PM   #1
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trade Josh Howard!

Lets face it, this dude has got to go. He had one good season in our finals run but other than that, he simply lacks the sense of knowing what to do out there.

What can we get for him? What are the chances you think of him being shipped out this summer? Does his dumba$$ move of saying he tokes it up hurt his value? (if any is left)

Opinions people, i need to make myself feel better!

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 04-29-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2008, 10:55 PM   #2
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Should have traded him after the loss to Golden State in the first round last year... or maybe mid-season this year.

He had a LOT of value then.

Mavs should have traded him for a 2 guard and kept Devin Harris.

Now, who knows. Trade him for some first round picks.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:03 PM   #3
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Interesting idea... ESPN here: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...le-Suns-080429

Is suggesting that the Suns need to trade Leandro Barbosa and their Number 15 pick for a 3.

Leandro Barbosa and a 15 for Josh Howard?

What do you folks think of that?
Old 04-29-2008, 11:04 PM   #4
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

He's at the worst value he'll ever be in his career right now. Factor in his horrible play and his comments made last week and you have someone who has no trade value right now. I think at this point your best bet is to keep him and hope he gets some guidance in the offseason and turns his game up. Right now I can't imagine what you'd get for him. An aging veteran? Guy in the 31-33 age range? I guess if you feel this team is 1 guy away from a championship but its not. This team needs to start from scratch.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:06 PM   #5
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend
Interesting idea... ESPN here: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...le-Suns-080429

Is suggesting that the Suns need to trade Leandro Barbosa and their Number 15 pick for a 3.

Leandro Barbosa and a 15 for Josh Howard?

What do you folks think of that?
I wouldn't trade Grant Hill for Josh Howard at this point. If they'd give us Barbosa for Josh I say bring it. Give us a #15 too? Where do I sign? Who knows. Josh would probably have his best season of his career playing alongside Nash.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:09 PM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Who knows. Josh would probably have his best season of his career playing alongside Nash.
Haven't you heard him tell it? He just HAD the best season of his career!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:15 PM   #7
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

That's an interesting deal but it's questionable too. The pick definitely helps make it interesting. Barbosa is quick and can get to the rim. He definitely isn't a 2, and he hasn't taken the big step yet to be a border-line all-star.

It's not terrible, but also not great.
I would think about it, but I would hope to get some better offers.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 04-29-2008 at 11:16 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:18 PM   #8
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg

LOL. I guess statistically he'd be right but his play was so good the 1st half of the season it gives a skewed view of how bad he was for the majority of the season.

Quote:
That's an interesting deal but it's questionable too. The pick definitely helps make it interesting. Barbosa is quick and can get to the rim. He definitely isn't a 2, and he hasn't taken the big step yet to be a border-line all-star.

It's not terrible, but also not great.
I would think about it, but I would hope to get some better offers.
Barbosa isn't a 2 or did you mean he is a 2? I don't think he's a point and he's another undersized 2 but unlike Terry he attacks the basket. But the Suns would never do a deal with a rival. Not in a million years.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:22 PM   #9
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I meant he is NOT a 2. Phoenix is in a bind though so they sometimes put him there.
For improvement, I don't think they have a lot of legit options for trading partners. People are going to have to take bigger risks and trade in conference.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:27 PM   #10
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

The Suns would have to be desperate. I don't understand why they don't try Diaw at the 3. He's not a 4 is he?
Old 04-29-2008, 11:35 PM   #11
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

They use him at the 4 since they hardly have any size.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:10 AM   #12
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
yeah, but he was high when he said that.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:13 AM   #13
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

let's trade him for tracy mcgrady!
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:26 AM   #14
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14wICbAqX9E

I miss Josh
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:44 AM   #15
Rick41
Diamond Member

Is that so ghazi? You think J-Ho really gives a sh!t about this team?

"The final straw came Monday, when coach Avery Johnson canceled that day’s practice after learning that Josh Howard held his 28th birthday party at a Dallas nightclub after Sunday’s Game 4 defeat."

Old 04-30-2008, 03:22 AM   #16
cinemablend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
But the Suns would never do a deal with a rival. Not in a million years.
Er... they have Nash. They got him from us.

Granted it was a three team deal... but ultimately... ?
Old 04-30-2008, 03:30 AM   #17
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend
Er... they have Nash. They got him from us.

Granted it was a three team deal... but ultimately... ?
They got Nash through free agency. They didn't get him from us.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:38 AM   #18
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

What could we possibly get for Josh Howard? If Shaq was traded, then he could too!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky

Last edited by mqywaaah; 04-30-2008 at 03:52 AM.
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:40 AM   #19
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker
let's trade him for tracy mcgrady!
don't we want to get out of the first round?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:23 AM   #20
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

I hope we keep Josh Howard. Look, if he goes somewhere else, he is going to excel..we all know it. Then every guy on this board is going to never let Cuban forget it. Just like with Nash, and Harris. I say keep josh howard.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:06 AM   #21
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

I agree!!!!!
Trade him for Sean Marion!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:55 AM   #22
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703
I agree!!!!!
Trade him for Sean Marion!!!
Whotf is Sean Marion? Is that Shawn Marion's alter ego? A crime fighter of the NBA?
Old 04-30-2008, 09:00 AM   #23
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
Whotf is Sean Marion? Is that Shawn Marion's alter ego? A crime fighter of the NBA?
Sean Marion is fair trade value for Josh Howard - we certainly couldn't get Shawn Marion for him!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-30-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:12 AM   #24
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very interested to see what they will be get in return for Josh...would anyone want him at anything other than a huge discount?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:53 AM   #25
littlelibo

littlelibo is a jewel in the roughlittlelibo is a jewel in the roughlittlelibo is a jewel in the rough

I know this is going to sound crazy given Josh's actions of the past week, but hear me out.

Is it possible that Josh's problem was Avery? I have always thought that Josh was not the smartest player in the world. His mental mistakes have always been there (remember the time out against Miami). It has also been said many times that he is very emotional player (evidenced by the way he carries himself on the court). I do not think these attributes are new. His play has always compensated for it. Over the last few weeks, it sounds like Avery was becoming more and more abusive to his players. He has for years thrown various players under the bus... Devin and Dirk have always played through it because they are mentally strong people and they saw Avery for what he was.

Is it possible that recently Josh has drawn Avery's rath and he just collapsed under the pressure. My wife is a huge hoosier fan and she always told me how certain players could play for Coach Knight and some could not. Some people are mentally up to that type of abuse and some aren't. Is it possible that Josh is still the same player we saw the last few years and just needs a different coach that he trusts?

I just think trading a player at his all time low value may not be the solution. Maybe Josh would rally with the right leadership. Let's not forget that he was the last player taken in the draft, and built himself to a 20 point 7 rebound player...

Let's see who the coach is before we dump him.
littlelibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:18 AM   #26
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelibo
I know this is going to sound crazy given Josh's actions of the past week, but hear me out.

Is it possible that Josh's problem was Avery? I have always thought that Josh was not the smartest player in the world. His mental mistakes have always been there (remember the time out against Miami). It has also been said many times that he is very emotional player (evidenced by the way he carries himself on the court). I do not think these attributes are new. His play has always compensated for it. Over the last few weeks, it sounds like Avery was becoming more and more abusive to his players. He has for years thrown various players under the bus... Devin and Dirk have always played through it because they are mentally strong people and they saw Avery for what he was.

Is it possible that recently Josh has drawn Avery's rath and he just collapsed under the pressure. My wife is a huge hoosier fan and she always told me how certain players could play for Coach Knight and some could not. Some people are mentally up to that type of abuse and some aren't. Is it possible that Josh is still the same player we saw the last few years and just needs a different coach that he trusts?

I just think trading a player at his all time low value may not be the solution. Maybe Josh would rally with the right leadership. Let's not forget that he was the last player taken in the draft, and built himself to a 20 point 7 rebound player...

I think this could be true, given that after Harris was dealt, AJ needed a new whipping boy, and it sure wasn't going to be Kidd. I think that explains why Howard was a dominant figure in 05-06 under Johnson, versus Howard in 2008. Harris is gone, Howard is AJ's new focus. If we can some how get Redd, whether it's with Howard, Terry or any other piece, I say do it.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:19 AM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish the Mavs would have called me about what to do with the Mavs. I would have traded that piece of shit after he made the all-star game. He is one of the dumbest players I've ever seen in my life. The guy has a negative basketball IQ. It is difficult to believe that an NBA player can have so little concept of how to play the game of basketball... but, it's no wonder when you look at how freaking stupid the guy is off the court.

No, I'm not saying that he's not a good player. I'm saying that his stupidity on the court has always negated much of the good that he does that shows up in the box score. And now that his game has taken several steps back, what are the Mavs left with? They're left with a selfish, mediocre, and stupid player that's worth pennies on the dime.

Last edited by Murphy3; 04-30-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:59 PM   #28
littlelibo

littlelibo is a jewel in the roughlittlelibo is a jewel in the roughlittlelibo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma
I think this could be true, given that after Harris was dealt, AJ needed a new whipping boy, and it sure wasn't going to be Kidd. I think that explains why Howard was a dominant figure in 05-06 under Johnson, versus Howard in 2008. Harris is gone, Howard is AJ's new focus. If we can some how get Redd, whether it's with Howard, Terry or any other piece, I say do it.
But why would Mil trade Redd? Has that been rumored?
littlelibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:09 PM   #29
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Remember when we used to talk about Terry for Maggette? Well, now it's been downgraded to talks like Howard for Maggette. We shouldn't trade him in the summer... we should hope that he boosts his value up at the start of the season, find a sucker, and don't look back.

Ben Gordon and filler for Howard?
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:09 PM   #30
BGMaverick9
Guru

I think they see him as expendable now. Then people are tying the quotes to Redd saying he loved playing with Kidd with Team USA.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:13 PM   #31
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
I think they see him as expendable now. Then people are tying the quotes to Redd saying he loved playing with Kidd with Team USA.
Mike Miller, Corey Maggette, Michael Redd, Ron Artest, Elton Brand...I like these names...they are nice to say.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:15 PM   #32
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
We shouldn't trade him in the summer... we should hope that he boosts his value up at the start of the season, find a sucker, and don't look back.
for this reason, shouldn't we be trying to trade Terry?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:28 PM   #33
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
But why would Mil trade Redd? Has that been rumored?

Milwuakee is trying to unload Redd and from what I've read from multiple Bucks fans they would entertain the idea of swapping these two straight up for each other.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:28 PM   #34
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

this is exactly what i was saying earlier. Keep Josh Howard. Get a new coach. do it.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:21 PM   #35
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

Keep Josh for now... trade him before the deadline next year, hopefully his trade value would've picked up by then.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:24 PM   #36
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

The decision of whether or not to keep Josh has nothing to do with a new coach. The only factor that comes into play is who we can get for him.

If, say a Mike Miller for Josh trade comes up, you do that without ever looking back.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:30 PM   #37
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

I would normally say keep him and see how he responds to a new coach, but I think that all the crap that went on. . .there must be bad blood with the team. No matter how crazy your coach is, you do what he says. That's the way the world works. You don't go home, suck down a blunt and half-ass it in the playoffs. That just weak character.

Dirk, Terry, Bass, and Kidd are the only players that showed up in this series. If Josh made 10% more of his shots in this series, we may still be in it. But his attitude left. Trade him to Indiana with half the roster fo JO. Then he can be reunited with sleepy Daniels and they can share "off-season" doobies.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:35 PM   #38
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I wish the Mavs would have called me about what to do with the Mavs. I would have traded that piece of shit after he made the all-star game. He is one of the dumbest players I've ever seen in my life. The guy has a negative basketball IQ. It is difficult to believe that an NBA player can have so little concept of how to play the game of basketball... but, it's no wonder when you look at how freaking stupid the guy is off the court.

No, I'm not saying that he's not a good player. I'm saying that his stupidity on the court has always negated much of the good that he does that shows up in the box score. And now that his game has taken several steps back, what are the Mavs left with? They're left with a selfish, mediocre, and stupid player that's worth pennies on the dime.
This is the reason why I go to d-m.com

Murph for the win

Contact Me
Old 04-30-2008, 02:35 PM   #39
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
Milwuakee is trying to unload Redd and from what I've read from multiple Bucks fans they would entertain the idea of swapping these two straight up for each other.
one makes 14 million
one makes 9 million

we are over the cap
doesn't work

Contact Me
Old 04-30-2008, 02:35 PM   #40
Knickfan

Knickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the rough

It's ironic how people thought Michael Finley was expendable once Josh Howard came into the picture and now after only having him for two years as one of the team's leaders, he's worthless and only in his fourth or fifth season in the league? What's ironic about it is Finley probably only has about two or three years at the MOST in the league and I'd take him in a HEART BEAT over Howard right now. I heard Finley wouldn't do all the things Avery wanted him to do but Howard would, well maybe Finley knew better...
Knickfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
josh howard