Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result be?
Clippers in 7 0 0%
Clippers in 6 7 20.00%
Clippers in 5 4 11.43%
Clippers in 4 1 2.86%
Mavs in 3 6 17.14%
Mavs in 4 1 2.86%
Mavs in 5 4 11.43%
Mavs in 6 10 28.57%
Mavs in 7 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2021, 08:10 PM   #41
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Let's just remember that I am the only one who believed in our team when we bring home our 2nd Championship.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:33 PM   #42
D_D_D

D_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Let's just remember that I am the only one who believed in our team when we bring home our 2nd Championship.
Awwww haha K, and congrats on finding that $690,000 on the ground!!!

����

Go Mavs!!

Last edited by D_D_D; 05-19-2021 at 08:35 PM.
D_D_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 10:21 PM   #43
Grady Wilson

Grady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightGrady Wilson is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I voted Clips in 5. I think they are a better team than last year, and Dallas has been too inconsistent. If the 3 ball isn’t falling they don’t stand a chance. Luka will get his, but if the supporting cast lays an egg we don’t stand a chance. LAC have a lot of long defenders to throw at Luka too. I see a lot of hatred in my future.
Pretty much word for word what I was going to post.
Grady Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 12:44 AM   #44
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

That Game 2 broadcast will be interesting. Mavericks games on NBA TV have been blacked out in the Dallas-Fort Worth area this season, but we cannot confirm if this extends to playoff games. The reason this is a big deal is due to Bally Sports Southwest still not available on a majority of the live TV services offered in the DFW area. If Game 2 is blacked out, that potentially means some DFW residents will have to turn to illegal streams, go outside their home or flat out just not watch the game.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 01:17 AM   #45
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

I had no idea Cousins was shooting that good

The Clippers have 8 players shooting 40%+ from three this season.

47.5 — Marcus Morris
46.1 — Luke Kennard
44.4 — DeMarcus Cousins
43.8 — Reggie Jackson
42.3 — Patrick Beverley
42.1 — Paul George
40.9 — Terance Mann
40.2 — Nic BatumThe Clippers have 8 players shooting 40%+ from three this season.
Old 05-20-2021, 01:42 AM   #46
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I had no idea Cousins was shooting that good

The Clippers have 8 players shooting 40%+ from three this season.

47.5 — Marcus Morris
46.1 — Luke Kennard
44.4 — DeMarcus Cousins
43.8 — Reggie Jackson
42.3 — Patrick Beverley
42.1 — Paul George
40.9 — Terance Mann
40.2 — Nic BatumThe Clippers have 8 players shooting 40%+ from three this season.
This is why I said the Mavs can’t get into a 3 point fest with the Clippers. That’s a guaranteed quick series. Clippers lead the league in 3 pt %
Old 05-20-2021, 07:26 AM   #47
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That Game 2 broadcast will be interesting. Mavericks games on NBA TV have been blacked out in the Dallas-Fort Worth area this season, but we cannot confirm if this extends to playoff games. The reason this is a big deal is due to Bally Sports Southwest still not available on a majority of the live TV services offered in the DFW area. If Game 2 is blacked out, that potentially means some DFW residents will have to turn to illegal streams, go outside their home or flat out just not watch the game.
They gotta get this shit fixed before next season. I don’t think I can take another season watching games on an iPad. Tuesday’s 9:30 start time might be too late for me to stay up and watch anyways. Getting screwed with these late tip offs again this year.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 06:35 PM   #48
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
This is why I said the Mavs can’t get into a 3 point fest with the Clippers. That’s a guaranteed quick series. Clippers lead the league in 3 pt %
The Mavs just have to give great effort at closing out defensively

The Warriors are a completely different team from their Title teams but this year they ranked 5th in defense with their new personal

When you watch them they just bring great effort defensively despite the entire makeup of that roster changing in the past few seasons.

Mavs just have play with passion and energy on defense to slow these guys down or contain them somewhat
Old 05-21-2021, 10:07 AM   #49
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Interesting post up #'s by KP but yet the media will tell you he's not good at it

The Doncic-Porzingis pick-and-roll is a nightmare to cover, and KP has shored up his intermittent post game, placing inside the 59th percentile of efficiency on those possessions. But he still doesn't profile as the secondary shot creator Dallas needs beside its megastar.
Old 05-21-2021, 03:14 PM   #50
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Maxi likely to play. Excellent news.

Mavs should start Luka - JRich - DFS - Maxi - Porzingis. Lucky for us the Clippers don't play at a fast pace, but they are bullies in the half-court sets. Maxi has been crucial for us vs. them this season because of his switchability and physicality guarding Kawhi.

We definitely have a chance. If we can get the PG13 and Kawhi to ignore the role players and revert to iso plays we can kill their spirit. Kawhi is strong mentally, but isn't the type of guy to motivate teammates. The rest of them are weak and can be broken.

GO MAVS. MFFL.
Old 05-21-2021, 04:05 PM   #51
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I voted Clippers in 6, but I think Clippers in 5 is equally likely. Luka is going to have his way with the Clips' defense, but I think players 2-8 on LA are significantly better than they are on the Mavs.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 04:44 PM   #52
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Maxi likely to play. Excellent news.

Mavs should start Luka - JRich - DFS - Maxi - Porzingis. Lucky for us the Clippers don't play at a fast pace, but they are bullies in the half-court sets. Maxi has been crucial for us vs. them this season because of his switchability and physicality guarding Kawhi.

We definitely have a chance. If we can get the PG13 and Kawhi to ignore the role players and revert to iso plays we can kill their spirit. Kawhi is strong mentally, but isn't the type of guy to motivate teammates. The rest of them are weak and can be broken.

GO MAVS. MFFL.
Clippers are close to the bottom in fast break points (#26). Unfortunately, the Mavs are not that much better (#21). I still think if the Mavs can score in transition, then they will have a decent chance at taking the series. They also have to avoid digging a deep hole early in the game, which has been their achilles heel. I am hoping that Powell plays with some intensity and that Green gets some floor time. Mavs cannot play a passive game agains the Clippers, as that will play right into their hands. Mavs can win this series if they show up and surprise LA by hitting them hard early on with intensity, rebounding, and excellent 3-pt shooting. I know that is a lot to ask, but I believe they can do it.

Mavs in 7.

Last edited by purplefrog; 05-21-2021 at 04:46 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 05:55 PM   #53
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I voted Clippers in 6, but I think Clippers in 5 is equally likely. Luka is going to have his way with the Clips' defense, but I think players 2-8 on LA are significantly better than they are on the Mavs.
Is Playoff Paul George really better than KP?

The Mavs were out playing the Clippers last year with KP on the floor.

They were after 3 qtr's in game 1 before KP got kicked out the game.

They won game 2 with him and he put up 34 points in game 3 before suffering the injury

I'm not buying that they automatically have the best 2nd player between each team in the playoffs

George shot under 40% vs the Mavs last year
Old 05-21-2021, 06:40 PM   #54
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t see PG being as bad as he was last season. I think he’s out to redeem himself and try to lose the Pandemic P nickname. I hope I’m wrong, but I think he will be their leading scorer this series.
Old 05-21-2021, 06:40 PM   #55
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Paul George is the third best player in this series and it's not even close. Even assuming Porzingis can stay on the court, George is an elite perimeter defender. I will say sometimes Porzingis looks like a healthy force of nature who recovers and defends at the rim. He is just way too inconsistent to compare him to George.
Old 05-21-2021, 10:56 PM   #56
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Paul George is the third best player in this series and it's not even close. Even assuming Porzingis can stay on the court, George is an elite perimeter defender. I will say sometimes Porzingis looks like a healthy force of nature who recovers and defends at the rim. He is just way too inconsistent to compare him to George.
Oh I think it's close. We will see. It's a coin flip on which version of either of them shows up.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:01 PM   #57
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
There are going to be some nights where George is the Clippers best player. To me he was this season anyway.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:19 PM   #58
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
There are going to be some nights where George is the Clippers best player. To me he was this season anyway.
He'll go off if the Mavs start out with THJ on him no doubt.....

That's why I think if Kleber can't go the Mavs need to remove Powell from the starting lineup and go back with Richardson.

I know regular season games can't be trusted but I thought Richardson did a really good job on George that 3rd matchup making it tough on him.

I'm not a huge fan of Josh Richardson but I know playoff basketball requires some form of defense which is why I don't trust any lineup that starts Powell and THJ together vs the Clippers.

That leaves a weak rim protector and weak perimeter defender vs two guys KL/PG who will try to exploit that on drives.

Hell I wouldn't even mind seeing Green play a few minutes to give us another competent wing defender since we only have DFS and Richardson if Kleber isn't hobbled.
Old 05-22-2021, 12:50 AM   #59
CookieCrusher

CookieCrusher will become famous soon enough

Mavs in 3?
WTF?
CookieCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 09:06 AM   #60
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCrusher View Post
Mavs in 3?
WTF?
You obviously don't have faith.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 11:05 AM   #61
Dallas41
Diamond Member

The Mavericks acquired J.J. Redick at the NBA trade deadline with the intention of bolstering the team's shooting for the playoffs. He's been ruled out for Game 1 and has been declared 'unlikely' to play altogether in Round 1 of the playoffs.
Old 05-22-2021, 11:28 AM   #62
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
The Mavericks acquired J.J. Redick at the NBA trade deadline with the intention of bolstering the team's shooting for the playoffs. He's been ruled out for Game 1 and has been declared 'unlikely' to play altogether in Round 1 of the playoffs.
Injuries happen. Next man up.
Old 05-22-2021, 11:57 AM   #63
tap2390
Diamond Member

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO
Old 05-22-2021, 12:40 PM   #64
BPo001
Diamond Member

I’m pumped, but nervous at the same time. Gotta come out and punch them on the chin early.
Old 05-22-2021, 01:24 PM   #65
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Need to these guys to be clones of the 2011 Champs in order to pull off a 1st round upset.....

Luka-Dirk
Brunson-JJB
THJ-Terry
WCS-Chandler
J.Rich-Stevenson
DFS-Marion
Green-Brewer
KP-Peja

Mavs in 6
Old 05-22-2021, 01:49 PM   #66
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's gooooooo!

We need to win quarter 1 and get to 28-0 today.

Old 05-22-2021, 01:49 PM   #67
SMC0007
Guru

What time should I start drinking for this?

Old 05-22-2021, 01:59 PM   #68
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
What time should I start drinking for this?
You should have started last night.
Old 05-22-2021, 03:06 PM   #69
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
You should have started last night.
Yea, but I wanna be fresh for today.

Old 05-22-2021, 03:26 PM   #70
SMC0007
Guru

Is this our thread for the whole series?

Old 05-22-2021, 03:45 PM   #71
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Is this our thread for the whole series?
I was thinking GDTs, but this will work
Old 05-22-2021, 03:45 PM   #72
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Good start
Old 05-22-2021, 03:50 PM   #73
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Any link that it's not espn? Fucking game had to go into ot

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 03:55 PM   #74
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Any link that it's not espn? Fucking game had to go into ot
I used vipstand.se

Old 05-22-2021, 03:55 PM   #75
SMC0007
Guru

Let's go Mavericks...clap clap, clap clap clap

Old 05-22-2021, 03:59 PM   #76
SMC0007
Guru

Kp come one bro

Old 05-22-2021, 04:56 PM   #77
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Luka has to play most, if not all of the 2nd half, it is absolutely crucial that we steal this one.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 06:33 PM   #78
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I was thinking GDTs, but this will work
I didn't see this

I got off work at 3 and hustled home and didn't see a GDT so I made one real quick
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 12:59 AM   #79
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Came here to laugh at the person who predicted Clippers in 4

Turns out it was Rick Carlisle
Old 05-23-2021, 08:56 AM   #80
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Mavs got their critical role players shooting well and got the win. This was going to happen at least once. The key now is to do it again and again and again.

I think DFS can do it. He really has stepped his play up to another level the last 1/3 of the season. If KP can shake more rust off, then the Mavs won't have to live or die according to streaky THJ.

Winning game 1 is going to mess with the Clippers' heads.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
turin is offline   Reply With Quote