Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-11-2010, 11:22 PM   #41
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

The great thing to take away from this is that we won the game even though it was the Jazz that had all the momentum in the 4th quarter and were able to tie the game. The Lakers and Heat weren't able to stop them in their comeback wins. We did just that and showed that we have big balls in these kinds of situations.

That makes it a quality win despite giving up a huge lead.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #42
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Come on guys?! Don't you just love the team right now? can you even hate any specific player? They are playing like a good solid team right now. Everyone keeping to their roles.

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:24 PM   #43
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Also true.

I'm starting to become very concerned with Kidd's 3 ball. His percentage is way down and some of them are really, really bad misses.
He is taking more "wild" ones. He should go back and select them better...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:24 PM   #44
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
The great thing to take away from this is that we won the game even though it was the Jazz that had all the momentum in the 4th quarter and were able to tie the game. The Lakers and Heat weren't able to stop them in their comeback wins. We did just that and showed that we have big balls in these kinds of situations.

and don't forget, it was all with chandler fouled out on the bench.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:30 PM   #45
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Dirk with 15 rebounds...

Stevenson with 5 three pointer made...
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:31 PM   #46
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

When is JJ Barea gonna decide that maybe he should stop taking threes.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:33 PM   #47
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanObvious View Post
Come on guys?! Don't you just love the team right now? can you even hate any specific player? They are playing like a good solid team right now. Everyone keeping to their roles.
I would like to have an athletic combo guard option incase JET or JJB are off their game any night.

That speaks French.

Whose name rhymes with Toddy Leaubois.

Oh, and harder fouls! The and1s are bugging me.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:34 PM   #48
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Good win.

Kind of wish we hadn't let it get that close, shown some killer instinct, and put them down for good in the 4th. However, the Mavericks are not a perfect basketball team, the Jazz are a top 10, bordering on top 5 at times (especially when they get bench play like they did), and the Mavericks still won.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:36 PM   #49
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

An incredibly good Lakers team blew a 24-point 2nd quarter lead in the Finals, at home, and ended up losing the series.

It happens, folks. It's the NBA. Especially when you take a lead that big in the first quarter and not later in the game.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:36 PM   #50
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
I would like to have an athletic combo guard option incase JET or JJB are off their game any night.

That speaks French.

aw C'mon...this ain't a computer game where you can create your own perfect team.... Oh wait....

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:37 PM   #51
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
An incredibly good Lakers team blew a 24-point 2nd quarter lead in the Finals, at home, and ended up losing the series.

It happens, folks. It's the NBA. Especially when you take a lead that big in the first quarter and not later in the game.
good point.

plus it's not like the jazz haven't done this before. they have been down 20+ points and came back to beat some really good teams this year. i'm thinking we're the only team that's been able to hold them off in their comeback efforts. so to me that's impressive.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:39 PM   #52
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post

Quote:

Great points.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-11-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:39 PM   #53
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post

That speaks French.

I didn't see most of the and-1's, but I know in general that Deron Williams and several other Jazz players have a knack for getting those, so unless it happens again, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:41 PM   #54
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

Stevenson is quickly becoming my favourite Mav (besides Dirk of course). I love that guy no homo.
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:48 PM   #55
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragism View Post
Stevenson is quickly becoming my favourite Mav (besides Dirk of course). I love that guy no homo.
guy seems to play well in the system and doesnt really play outside of his abilities. Plus he's shooting like 54% from three this year.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:49 PM   #56
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

It was a good win but the Mavs aren't going anywhere unless they get better guard play. Kidd, Terry, and JJB have way too many games where they can't score to save their lives. Stevenson is actually the most consistent guard right now, and i'm not sure that's a good thing.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:56 PM   #57
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

bareas and kidds shooting worry me...
barea 14% from 3 (wow... thats ugly-35% last season)
kidd at 35%(42 last season)
cant wait for booby to be back and take some of bareas minutes away. while barea has a lot of assists lately... in general he drives me bananas with bad shot selection and dribbling the ball until the clock is at 5 seconds
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:03 AM   #58
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd's shooting is indeed one of the more worrying things right now. He's losing a dimension to his game if he can't hit the three-ball at around a 40% clip. As for Barea, I'm hoping he loses most of his minutes to Roddy when our French Legion is finally armed to its fullest. I'm a little scared that Barea's decent play of late might make Carlisle hesitate to give Roddy the role he deserves. Hopefully I'm wrong about that though.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-12-2010 at 12:13 AM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:06 AM   #59
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Yeah... Kidd's age is showing this year

we need French Jesus
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:09 AM   #60
xrobx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Kidd's shooting is indeed one of the more worrying things right now. He's losing a dimension to his game if he can't hit the three-ball at around a 40% clip. As for Barea, I'm hoping he loses most of his minutes to Roddy when our French Legion is finally armed to its fullest. I'm a little scared that Barea's decent play of late might make Carlisle hesitate give Roddy the role he deserves. Hopefully I'm wrong about that though.
i'm more worried that stevenson's minutes will be cut for roddy instead of JJB's minutes, which would be a tragic thing.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:11 AM   #61
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

tweet whoring:
Carlisle mentioned postgame that the leaders on the team suggested Stevenson needed to get more minutes leading into Boston game.

It had been mentioned to Sefko at the time, but elaborated on a little more tonight.
more will follow in MMB recap
Old 12-12-2010, 12:11 AM   #62
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
i'm more worried that stevenson's minutes will be cut for roddy instead of JJB's minutes, which would be a tragic thing.
Yes, that's what is really scaring me at this point. Stevenson has earned his 15-20 minutes a game, and if that gets cut so that we can run midget ball with JJB, I might cry.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-12-2010, 12:13 AM   #63
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
tweet whoring:
Carlisle mentioned postgame that the leaders on the team suggested Stevenson needed to get more minutes leading into Boston game.

It had been mentioned to Sefko at the time, but elaborated on a little more tonight.
more will follow in MMB recap
I think I remember reading that before. For some reason, I thought it was on one of your many blog posts, but I could be wrong about that. Hopefully those leaders will keep in Carlisle's ear when Roddy returns.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-12-2010, 12:13 AM   #64
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I think I remember reading that before. For some reason, I thought it was on one of your many blog posts, but I could be wrong about that. Hopefully those leaders will keep in Carlisle's ear when Roddy returns.
It definitely wasn't me...Credit goes to Sefko.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:32 AM   #65
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I give a lot of credit to Caron Butler. He could have become a team cancer during his early slump but instead bought into the team concept. His shooting percentages are slowly but surely rising.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:39 AM   #66
BGMaverick9
Guru

"The decision to start Stevenson was initiated by the players back after the Denver game at home where we struggled and our bench was struggling," said coach Rick Carlisle. "Our three veteran guys, Dirk, Jason, and Jet suggested possibly looking at Deshawn because he keeps himself ready, he works hard everyday and the guys have an inherit belief in him. He got the nod against Boston and from there, it's gone the right direction. He's really added a lot to our team."
Old 12-12-2010, 12:59 AM   #67
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Sefko: Mavericks have Williams' respect

The respect battle is one the Mavericks are going to have to wage all season, no matter how large their winning streak grows.

Mark Cuban was asked if supposed experts nationally would believe in the Mavericks if they could run their victory string to 20 or so.

"I'd like to find out," he said.

For now, the Mavericks will have to be content with proving to themselves that they can handle any situation, play good enough defense to survive off shooting nights and stick together through the inevitable tough times that will crop up.

"I believe in this team," coach Rick Carlisle said.

And that's really all that matters. And they picked up at least one other convert Saturday night – Utah guard Deron Williams, who grew up in The Colony.

"This is the best Mavs team I've ever seen since I've been in the NBA," he said. "Across the board, they have so much talent and depth. But they're just playing a lot better defensively. This is by far the best defensive team we've seen from them."

This came after Williams lit up the Mavericks for 34 points but was only 1-of-4 for three points in the fourth quarter.

The Mavericks are 6-2 against the other seven teams that would have qualified for the playoffs in the Western Conference as of Saturday. That's the kind of showing that will earn respect – eventually.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...o.393d0d9.html
Old 12-12-2010, 01:03 AM   #68
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all

nice win for the mavs was it all worth not studying for my finals? hell yeah! a win is a win
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:09 AM   #69
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post
He should demand a trade to Dallas

mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:15 AM   #70
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all

Quote:
"The decision to start Stevenson was initiated by the players back after the Denver game at home where we struggled and our bench was struggling," said coach Rick Carlisle. "Our three veteran guys, Dirk, Jason, and Jet suggested possibly looking at Deshawn because he keeps himself ready, he works hard everyday and the guys have an inherit belief in him. He got the nod against Boston and from there, it's gone the right direction. He's really added a lot to our team."
there's an interesting tidbit.
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:15 AM   #71
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Props to Jet for again being one of the guys calling for more minutes to one of his position rivals.

And did he finally get "it"? Make that a question, buy-sell-or-hold option or whatever on your podcast. I can't remember any ball-stopping from Butler tonight, and what DHws said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I give a lot of credit to Caron Butler. He could have become a team cancer during his early slump but instead bought into the team concept. His shooting percentages are slowly but surely rising.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:21 AM   #72
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Recap : http://4ptsplay.blogspot.com/

Lavish praises: "This is the best Mavs team I've ever seen since I've been in the NBA," Deron said. "Across the board, they have so much talent and depth. But they're just playing a lot better defensively. This is by far the best defensive team we've seen from them."

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:23 AM   #73
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Dirk & JET combined to score all of the Mavs' last 21 points.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:28 AM   #74
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Dallas Hits a Dozen, Defeats Utah 103-87

The Dallas Mavericks came out against the Utah Jazz on fire, jumping out to a 29-4 lead within the first 5 minutes of the game, but had to scratch and claw their way to hold on to the victory and extend their winning streak to 12 games. Just eight days ago, Dallas snapped a five-game losing streak in Salt Lake City with a 93-81 victory over Utah. The Mavericks have fared far better at home against the Jazz, having now won the last 13-of-15 match-ups in Dallas.

The current streak of 12 marks the second time in team history to record a 12-game winning streak. The previous time was during the 2006-2007 season, specifically 11/9/06-12/1/06. That streak was started in game 5 of the season, the Mavericks had started the season 0-4. That season featured four separate winning streaks of 10 more games. The streaks were 12, 13 (twice) and a franchise-record 17-game winning streak.

With the win, Dallas improved to 6-1, all-time, in Seats for Soldiers games. Mavericks season ticket holders pay a special tribute to United States Military personnel by donating their seats to wounded warriors for the game. A total of 150 soldiers from Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio and the Texas Army National Guard's 36th Infantry Division were the recipients of court-side seats for the game.
you can read the rest at http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2010/12...ts-utah-103-87

trust me...you'll want to keep reading. Carlisle gave Dirk some INCREDIBLE praise.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:29 AM   #75
Underdog

Quote:
you can read the rest at http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2010/12...ts-utah-103-87

trust me...you'll want to keep reading. Carlisle gave Dirk some INCREDIBLE praise.
Um, I think you got the score wrong...

Old 12-12-2010, 01:30 AM   #76
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanObvious View Post
I don't like steve novak beacause he doesnt execute the towel waving properly like Darrell Armstrong used to

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:30 AM   #77
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Um, I think you got the score wrong...
lol yeah
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:31 AM   #78
BGMaverick9
Guru

it's fixed...it's dark, oh well.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:31 AM   #79
Underdog

Quote:
it's fixed...it's dark, oh well.

Also, didn't we win 13 straight last season? This would be the third time we've had a 12+ game winning streak...

Last edited by Underdog; 12-12-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:36 AM   #80
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Also, didn't we win 13 straight last season? This would be the third time we've had a 12+ game winning streak...
ah f-it...i'm allowed to have ONE mulligan