Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-30-2003, 04:20 AM   #41
Mavs_Rule2003

Mavs_Rule2003 is on a distinguished road
Default Three Way Trade: DAL/POR/ATL

Quote:
Originally posted by: nowitzki_prophecy
If this trade goes down,immediatly another should follow.
I think Dampier was mentioned,its not a bad way to go,either way,we need a Center,we REALLY REALLY need a Center.
A trade of AJ+Tariq for Dampier(for example)could close our line-up for the season,best line-up we ever had.
If tariq leaving to portland then who else we can let go with AJ for dampier?
Mavs_Rule2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2003, 04:22 AM   #42
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Three Way Trade: DAL/POR/ATL

NP, TAW is apart of the Portland trade, but we don't need more than one player to match Dampier's salary.

If this trade happens, and we get Dampier, it would be complete, uttered, DOMINANCE. Like the Lakers, we will have 4 all star starters, and a Sacramento bench. And just imagine if we get Jackson and resign Bell

Look at this lineup

Nash, McInnis, Daniels
Finley, Bell, Howard
Wallace, Jackson, Patterson
Dirk, Najera, Patterson
Bradley, Dampier, Esch
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 04:23 AM   #43
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
If tariq leaving to portland then who else we can let go with AJ for dampier?
That is hardly a problem,it would actualy be a good opportunity for us to ditch Eschs over payed contract.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 04:29 AM   #44
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
NP, TAW is apart of the Portland trade, but we don't need more than one player to match Dampier's salary.
Dampier is making nearly 8 Mil a year,AJ 5.4M,thats not exactly 10%.
Like i said,thats hardly a problem,there's always someone to get rid of.(Shawn,Esch,etc...)
Old 07-30-2003, 04:31 AM   #45
Mavs_Rule2003

PG - Nash/ Mc Inns / Daniels
SG - Finley/ Howard
PF - DIRK/ Ruben/Najera
SF - Rasheed/ ??? (Stephen jackson?)
C - Bradly/ Dampier

Considering that we send Aj and Esch for Dampier!

Ohh! that would also makes our roster open for 4 more players!

Now we just need Raja! and a big body from free agent!! and use MLE for stephen jackson! and sign Oggy!

PG - Nash/ Mc Inns / Daniels
SG - Finley/ Howard/raja
PF - DIRK/ Ruben/Najera
SF - Rasheed/Stephen jackson/oggy
C - Bradly/ Dampier/free agent (ira clark)

That is it!!!

Old 07-30-2003, 04:34 AM   #46
Mavs_Rule2003

Dallas trades: PG Avery Johnson (3.3 ppg, 0.7 rpg, 1.3 apg in 9.0 minutes)
C Evan Eschmeyer (1.0 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 7.9 minutes)
Dallas receives: C Erick Dampier (8.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 24.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +3.9 ppg, +4.2 rpg, and -1.0 apg.

Golden State trades: C Erick Dampier (8.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 24.1 minutes)
Golden State receives: PG Avery Johnson (3.3 ppg, 0.7 rpg, 1.3 apg in 48 games)
C Evan Eschmeyer (1.0 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 17 games)
Change in team outlook: -3.9 ppg, -4.2 rpg, and +1.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

But why would GS do it?
Old 07-30-2003, 04:37 AM   #47
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Stephen Jackson started in the Finals as a SG. Najera would be the back up four, and Patterson. And can't we do a sign and trade with like Popeye Jones or Walt Williams instead of Evan. I feel he could really do something someday.

And are the Mavs still after Tyronne Hill?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 07-30-2003, 04:40 AM   #48
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavs_Rule2003

But why would GS do it?
B/c they have openly said that Dampier has not produced well enough. Plus, AJ is an expiring contract, and the reason they're not matching Arenas contract is b/c they don't have the money.

~The Salesman
Old 07-30-2003, 04:40 AM   #49
Mavs_Rule2003

Quote:
[i] Like the Lakers, we will have 4 all star starters

Yup and our all 4 star starter are 30 or less !!!
Old 07-30-2003, 04:44 AM   #50
Mavs_Rule2003

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
Stephen Jackson started in the Finals as a SG. Najera would be the back up four, and Patterson. And can't we do a sign and trade with like Popeye Jones or Walt Williams instead of Evan. I feel he could really do something someday.

And are the Mavs still after Tyronne Hill?
i am sure if this really happens...then they dont have to!

Old 07-30-2003, 04:46 AM   #51
Mavs_Rule2003

I get that about Dampier!

But will they take an old almost reitring PG and an injured center who cant play for that in return?
Old 07-30-2003, 04:50 AM   #52
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

I tried to call the person back and see if anything new has came up since I talked to him last but i got no answer. Must be asleep now.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 04:50 AM   #53
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

Quote:
But will they take an old almost reitring PG and an injured center who cant play for that in return?
Yup![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
mostly,the Warriors are looking for cap relief,they find that with AJ,than they're left with Eschs 3 Mil per year contract for a couple of years,much less than the 8 mil they had to pay Dampier.
Besides,they have Adonal Foyle on the 5 spot,T.Murphy and D.Fortson on the 4 spot,and Both could play the 5 if needed.
Old 07-30-2003, 04:57 AM   #54
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavs413
I tried to call the person back and see if anything new has came up since I talked to him last but i got no answer. Must be asleep now.
Is this a confirmed source? I actually believe you, but there will be some SERIOUS reprocussions if this is all for nothing.

Anyways, you should see some of these goofy trades realgm has. One person had NVE/LaFrentz/Finley for Sabonis/Wells/Damon. Another person had Nash/Finley just for Wallace.

~The Salesman
Old 07-30-2003, 05:01 AM   #55
Mavs_Rule2003

I hope this is true..cos my friend in Portland saying so. he wasnt talking much cos it was 3 am and i woke him up.

But he said their radio also been saying that rasheed is goign to be a mavs. everything that 413 says excpet he said sabonis instead of mcinns!

Now..god knows..!
Old 07-30-2003, 05:13 AM   #56
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

I've been going over this trade all night, and from each team's perspective it is good.. The only minor flaws in this trade that i found were:

Dallas will now be forced to trade for a Center (might not even be a bad thing, just depends on who they want and what we must give up to get him)
Portland is a now a little weaker in depth at their PF & C positions. But if Zach Randolf played like he did the last couple games against the Mavs in the playoffs, it wont be a problem at all.
Atlanta I think gained the most out of this trade Big Time, LaFrentz belongs in the Eastern Conference anyways, LaFrentz and Bonzi Wells will be good offense for them after Trading Robinson to Philly. They have no downside on their part. ATL instantly becomes the sleeper team in the East.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 05:28 AM   #57
Mavs_Rule2003

you cant possibly discount portland too! they will have NVE, RAHIM, ratiff there. and they still have randolph.

but i think they will be in a rebuilding mood with this.

Old 07-30-2003, 05:58 AM   #58
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

Blank_Blank reported that I will be banging Brittany Spears tonight.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 08:27 AM   #59
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

THIS TRDE IS ABSUULITLY TREW. I HAVE A FREIND WHOSE A RELATOR WHO SED RASHEED IZ ALREDY LUKING AT HOUSES.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 08:35 AM   #60
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

lets wait until tomorrow before we start bashing this thread or poster. mavs413 has been on the board for a while now, and hasn't posted this type of trade talk before, so lets let it play out before we jump all over him, ok?

as far as the actual trade goes, it makes a lot of sense for all parties involved.

atlanta gets some nice young talent to replace older, aging talent. they can also immediately dump sabonis' contract.
portland moves all the trouble makers out of their team. they also reduce the glut of swing men they have. they get NVE who immediately steps in at the PG position.
dallas does the deal and gets bigger. sheed and dirk is a lethal combo. two of the most versatile players in the game. his inside/outside game makes him a lot more dangerous than raef, plus dallas dumps all their nasty contracts in one fell swoop in this deal.

the deal is almost too good to be true. could the mavs be looking at signing sabonis after the hawks dump him to a 1 or 2 yr deal at the MLE?
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 08:41 AM   #61
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Fair enough AE. I am just sceptical, and rightly so, of any poster that has "sources". In 99 out of 100 cases, it is BS. This may pan out, but I don't think it can happen till mid september because of Wells' BYC issue. We'll see.

If he has a source, I suggest he tell it in confidence to a mod who agrees to keep it secret and let the mod judge.

I post on the Star Wars message boards and this is what they do when someone has "inside info".
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 07-30-2003, 08:44 AM   #62
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Fair enough. Mavs413 please enable private messaging, and private message me your source in complete confidence.

I will not disclose your information.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 08:52 AM   #63
Jeremiah

Jeremiah will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Fair enough AE. I am just sceptical, and rightly so, of any poster that has "sources". In 99 out of 100 cases, it is BS. This may pan out, but I don't think it can happen till mid september because of Wells' BYC issue. We'll see.

If he has a source, I suggest he tell it in confidence to a mod who agrees to keep it secret and let the mod judge.

I post on the Star Wars message boards and this is what they do when someone has "inside info".
Just a thought here, if it's confidential, then why would he expose his source, to anyone? Of course, it might not be as confidential as is claimed, and the source will be leaked to gain additional credibility. But if he neglects to name his source, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did, I'd be inclined to not change my stance, which is to forget about it until it actually happens, or is publicly reported. ...just a thought.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:58 AM   #64
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

JUst look at the bright side. At least something for us on the board to talk about . So far, our off season has been pretty boring [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 09:09 AM   #65
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea whether this is a credible rumor or whether this whole thread should be part of the Stoopid Trades thread, but let me just say right now that if this trade is on the table, I'm in favor of it. Let's do it now before anyone changes their mind.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:11 AM   #66
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Just a thought here, if it's confidential, then why would he expose his source, to anyone? Of course, it might not be as confidential as is claimed, and the source will be leaked to gain additional credibility. But if he neglects to name his source, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did, I'd be inclined to not change my stance, which is to forget about it until it actually happens, or is publicly reported. ...just a thought.
I am just saying that I got to the Star Wars message boards and this stuff is rampant. The main message board averages something like 3 to 4,000 posts a day. People speculate and then try and pass it off as info to gain credibility. As a result, some real info was getting ignored. If someone cares about being taken seriously, then they should be willing to make a confidential disclosure. If they don't care about being taken seriously: (1) that doesn't make it not true; but (2) they shouldn't get upset if I make fun of him.

It all comes down to credibility. Joe Alexander, Courtney's uncle, used to post at LMF. We all believed him. Some nutjob on this board last year said he was Najera's cousin. That guy was a fraud. JoeJoe/rcf/rmf claimed he was Finley's little buddy and had inside info. That guy was, among other things, a moron.

Old 07-30-2003, 09:13 AM   #67
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: seelenjaeger
Raef LaFrentz BYC will run out soon. Not sure about Bonzi though.
I think Bonzi's ends mid-September.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 09:15 AM   #68
AdamAMMP

AdamAMMP is on a distinguished road

Was just thinking, before last season started someone came on the Fanhome board and out of the blue said that the 76ers where trading Deke to the Nets for KVH.

He claimed that his sourse said it would be done in a couple of days. Everyone on the board bashed him saying no way the 76ers do that deal and starting mocking his source. Then 2days later the trade went down.

Boy was there a lot of crow eating.

AdamAMMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 09:16 AM   #69
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

I still remember the whole fiasco of someone saying that Rashard Lewis was lookin at houses in the Dallas area, and then finding out he signed with Seattle afterall. If this ATL/DAL/POR trade rumor is true, i think it will help all the teams invovled. It will also bring the Mavs some toughness and low post scoring in the front court in Wallace, will bring the Mavs a decent backup PG in Mcinnis who can play both guard positions if needed. And will bring some defense/ athletism in Patterson. I dont know how why nellie would trade for him after calling him dumber than a rock this summer, but i'm sure nellie's in maui somewhere getting calls from Cuban/Little Nellie about this trade ,in a drunken state , reminding himself that he tried to go after Patterson 2 years ago and he went to Portland instead and now they have an opportunity to get him again. I like the trade i hope it goes through , will put the Mavs right up there with the other 4 tops teams in the West maybe even above them.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:18 AM   #70
Jeremiah

Jeremiah will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Quote:
I am just saying that I got to the Star Wars message boards and this stuff is rampant. The main message board averages something like 3 to 4,000 posts a day. People speculate and then try and pass it off as info to gain credibility. As a result, some real info was getting ignored. If someone cares about being taken seriously, then they should be willing to make a confidential disclosure. If they don't care about being taken seriously: (1) that doesn't make it not true; but (2) they shouldn't get upset if I make fun of him.
Ok, we're on the same page.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:24 AM   #71
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

I hope to God this trade goes down. Though I will save me getting "crazy pants" until this story breaks somehwere else.

I find it VERY HARD to believe that someone out of the blue would come to this forum to break a BLOCKBUSTER of a trade that hasn't been leaked yet to the press first. JMO

But in saying that..I hope this has some credibility because you add Rasheed and then make the trade for Dampier and then the Mavericks may have something.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 09:26 AM   #72
DIRK BRASIL

DIRK BRASIL is on a distinguished road

Trade accepted.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:27 AM   #73
uberfan
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: nowitzki_prophecy
If this trade goes down,immediatly another should follow.
I think Dampier was mentioned,its not a bad way to go,either way,we need a Center,we REALLY REALLY need a Center.
A trade of AJ+Tariq for Dampier(for example)could close our line-up for the season,best line-up we ever had.
TAW would be included in the Portalnd trade scenario. It would have to be AJ/EE for Dampier as that works under the CBA and 2) GS would need to get a C back. EE takes Dampier's spot for about $5MM less a year, thus freeing up salary when AJ's contract expires.

I say do the GS trade now instead of waiting for the Portalnd deal.

Also, we could go ahead and sign a FA like Stepania if we get him cheaply enough.

Even if Portalnd trade goes down, we still need to re-sign Bell.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:39 AM   #74
uberfan
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
lets wait until tomorrow before we start bashing this thread or poster. mavs413 has been on the board for a while now, and hasn't posted this type of trade talk before, so lets let it play out before we jump all over him, ok?

as far as the actual trade goes, it makes a lot of sense for all parties involved.

atlanta gets some nice young talent to replace older, aging talent. they can also immediately dump sabonis' contract.
portland moves all the trouble makers out of their team. they also reduce the glut of swing men they have. they get NVE who immediately steps in at the PG position.
dallas does the deal and gets bigger. sheed and dirk is a lethal combo. two of the most versatile players in the game. his inside/outside game makes him a lot more dangerous than raef, plus dallas dumps all their nasty contracts in one fell swoop in this deal.

the deal is almost too good to be true. could the mavs be looking at signing sabonis after the hawks dump him to a 1 or 2 yr deal at the MLE?

It is good for all teams involved. Plus, sets Atlanta up to be a player in next year's FA. Can't you imagine them going after Garnett if the Minny experiment fails?

Sabonis has supposedly said he wants to play out his contract. So, if Atlanta does relaese him this year, thus clearing up cap sapce for them this year, Sabonis could be signed to a Zo-type contract by Mavs without the major health risk inherent in Zo.

Old 07-30-2003, 09:41 AM   #75
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have no idea whether this is a credible rumor or whether this whole thread should be part of the Stoopid Trades thread, but let me just say right now that if this trade is on the table, I'm in favor of it. Let's do it now before anyone changes their mind.
My thoughts exactly. This sounds too good to be true. And while I'll be thrilled if it goes through, I'm not getting excited like some already have. I've had enough disappointment this summer.

And with all these various trade rumors popping up, it makes me think nothing will happen instead of one these coming true.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:42 AM   #76
uberfan
Golden Member

Quote:

Dooby, can't a BYC player be traded under certain scenarios, (taking back enough salary, cap space, etc).
Old 07-30-2003, 09:49 AM   #77
Dooby
Diamond Member

Yeah, but if you can wait a month to eliminate BYC issues, I don't see why the teams wouldn't wait. Unless the trade mysteriously doesn't work once the BYC issues are eliminated, and I don't see how that is possible given that Dallas and Portland are over the cap.

Old 07-30-2003, 09:52 AM   #78
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

MFF - I completely understand where you're coming from, but what the heck...

Sabonis has supposedly said he wants to play out his contract. So, if Atlanta does relaese him this year, thus clearing up cap sapce for them this year, Sabonis could be signed to a Zo-type contract by Mavs without the major health risk inherent in Zo.

Sabonis - Bradley
Nowitzki - Najera
Wallace - Patterson
Finley - Howard
Nash - McInnis - Daniels

I only have one more thought to offer...

Old 07-30-2003, 09:56 AM   #79
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

If we sign Coleman with part of our MLE, then this trade might work for the Mavs.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 10:00 AM   #80
uberfan
Golden Member

Quote:
Yeah, but if you can wait a month to eliminate BYC issues, I don't see why the teams wouldn't wait. Unless the trade mysteriously doesn't work once the BYC issues are eliminated, and I don't see how that is possible given that Dallas and Portland are over the cap.
OK, but Wells would be going to Atlanta. If Step One: Atlanta drops Sabonis, then Step Two: takes Wells would that work with Wells as BYC?