Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-30-2003, 01:59 AM   #1
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough
Default Three Way Trade: DAL/POR/ATL

A three-way BLOCKBUSTER about to happen between the Mavs,Blazers,& Hawks
Here is the COMPLETE Trade:

DAL Trades:
Nick Van Exel
Raef LaFrentz
Tariq Abdul-Wahad

DAL Gets:
Rasheed Wallace
Ruben Patterson
Jeff McInnis

POR Trades:
Rasheed Wallace
Bonzi Wells
Arvydas Sabonis
Jeff McInnis

POR Gets:
Shareef Abdur-Rahim
Nick Van Exel
Theo Ratliff
Tariq Abdul-Wahad

ATL Trades:
Shareef Abdur-Rahim
Theo Ratliff

ATL Gets:
Raef LaFrentz
Bonzi Wells
Arvydas Sabonis
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2003, 02:16 AM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Three Way Trade: DAL/POR/ATL

Source please?

If this is true, the Blazer got the upper hand on that one, big time. They'd get a NVE who averaged 24 in the playoffs, Rahim who averaged 20 during the season, and Theo Ratliff who's a beast on the boards.

Also that won't fill our biggest need, which is a big man. Wallace will be a SF, which is a concern, but not our biggest one. Also, we would get our pg back in McInnis.

Which brings me to my next point. Why would Portland try to trade McInnis instead of Damon.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 02:19 AM   #3
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

In All Honesty, I cannot say my source, sorry. But I know it is close. This is NOT A RUMOR.
The Blazers cannot package Damon in this deal but still might be wanting to trade him after this trade goes down, i dunno.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:33 AM   #4
dashthemavfan13

dashthemavfan13 is on a distinguished road

If this is true like you say, when can we expect this trade ot happen?
dashthemavfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 02:46 AM   #5
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Raef LaFrentz BYC will run out soon. Not sure about Bonzi though.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:47 AM   #6
dashthemavfan13

I think Raef'fs BYC ended yesterday or will end tommorow. Not sure.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:50 AM   #7
mavs413
Golden Member

This trade has been accepted by everyone, David McDavid(Hawks), Mark Cuban(Mavs), & Paul Allen(Blazers), trade was accepted by the Collective Bargaining Agreement, Raef is no longer BYC, All the Pieces are Complete so my Guess is That it will Happen Real Soon, Probably Wednesday Evening or Thursday Afternoon at the Latest.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:53 AM   #8
dashthemavfan13

Do you think this will be reported real soon(since it is always good have to a more legit source), since you don't really seem like you are joking.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:54 AM   #9
dashthemavfan13

If this does happen, we are sporting a lineup of:

Nash-McInnis-Daniels
Finley-Howard
Wallace-Patterson
Dirk-Najera
Bradley-Eschmyer

The Center spot seems really really weak to me. Though, our 1-4 spot looks really good. Dirk and Wallace will create lots of mismathes.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:54 AM   #10
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Raef's BYC ends tomorrow. And Dooby i think was right, Wells didn't sign a deal until late last offseason. So this trade would be a while, but it'll still be before the season starts.

I think this trade will benefit all three teams, unlike those last 2 blockbuster trades, but this could either work really well for Portland, or could backfire. Shareef's position is a big question mark, and they just lost a lot of depth.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 07-30-2003, 02:58 AM   #11
Mavs_Rule2003

Mavs_Rule2003 is on a distinguished road

Nooo! Only thing is good aboutt hsi tarade is rasheed! ok give me ratliff instead of ruben. then i would stay calm. man we are loosing out NVE and Raef for one more superstar who is not going to help us on what we need!

Dont get it! why would mavs this trade to happen?

Raef can be traded after July 31st! so, it is still one more day...
Mavs_Rule2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 03:00 AM   #12
dashthemavfan13

It isn't that bad. I will admitt I will miss Nick, but we get back Rasheed Wallace, who is a pretty good player. Even if he doesn't turn out he is a 17mil expring player who we could definitely trade again at the deadline. Ruben Patterson is a good defensive player, and Jeff is a pretty good pg and would back up Nash nicely. I have to admit, I would probably do this trade.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:02 AM   #13
Mavs_Rule2003

You said it!

Our center position looks like a walk in the park now! i dont know if we are going to do anything else to get someone inside if this things go down for real!

Why wouldnt we go for Ratliff in this time then? cos we all know what we need!
Old 07-30-2003, 03:02 AM   #14
Nash13
Diamond Member

Rule03, this could be the thing everyone on this board has been asking for. We got bigger and younger. McInnis could be a younger version of NVE one day, Rasheed is big for the position he'll play, so is Patterson.

~The Salesman
Old 07-30-2003, 03:06 AM   #15
dashthemavfan13

If this trade does happen, I wouldn't be surprised to see an AJ for Dampier kind of trade. That would help fortify the C position.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:18 AM   #16
mavs413
Golden Member

According to ________, this was the only trade brought up that both A.) Satisfied All Teams Involved and B.) Worked Salary Wise.

Dallas New Depth Chart: (Two-Deep)
PG-Steve Nash, Jeff McInnis,
SG-Michael Finley, Ruben Patterson
SF-Dirk Nowitzki, Josh Howard
PF-Rasheed Wallace, Eduardo Najera
C- Shawn Bradley, Free Agent signee

ATL New Depth Chart: (Two-Deep)
PG-Jason Terry, Dan Dickau
SG-Bonzi Wells, Dion Glover
SF-Boris Diaw, Darvin Ham
PF-Raef LaFrentz, Alan Henderson
C- Arvydas Sabonis, Nazr Mohammed

Blazers New Depth Chart: (Two-Deep)
PG-Nick Van Exel, Damon Stoudamire
SG-Derek Anderson, Tariq Abdul-Wahad
SF-Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Qyntel Woods
PF-Zach Randolph, Theo Ratliff
C- Dale Davis or Theo Ratliff
Old 07-30-2003, 03:18 AM   #17
Mavs_Rule2003

I can see we can get little younger in age, but dont see where we are going to get taller in this situation. Basically they are all same in size. except raef and rasheed being little taller. but you are right that Ruben is better defender than any of the players Mavs are giving away and Rasheed got toughness that dallas needs.

but MCinns will be NVE type player is a day dreaming. This guy's stat is just pathetic ( 5.8 PPG, 1.3 RPG, 2.3 APG !!). I think we are now really going to be weak on PG too. Only Nash is the proven player there. And anyone else coming from bench to replace him is a rookie and a non-proven player. I can see Daniels to be a better player in 2-3 yrs. but still this is a big slump from what we are having now considering Nash being worn out later in the season after all his hard work in regular season. And for sure he gotta do that more this season while no one else is there to hold up.

One hand this is doing good in SF position that we need with sgnificant upgrade with rasheed and ruben but also weakening PG position and just ruining C position (oh well..)!!
Old 07-30-2003, 03:21 AM   #18
Mavs_Rule2003

Quote:
Originally posted by: dashthemavfan13
Do you think this will be reported real soon(since it is always good have to a more legit source), since you don't really seem like you are joking.
Yeah man..i was about to go to bed! Now you are making me feel like this things gonna happen just about now. Well considering what dallas did this off season this is Big Big Big thingy for us!
Old 07-30-2003, 03:21 AM   #19
Nash13
Diamond Member

413, You've got to tell me this source. Or at least say if it's a high caliber paper.

~The Salesman
Old 07-30-2003, 03:21 AM   #20
AdamAMMP

AdamAMMP is on a distinguished road

This is all BS, someone on the ESPN board was saying the samething, but he was claiming his source was ESPN Insider and no where did it mention anything about the deal.
AdamAMMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 03:22 AM   #21
Mavs_Rule2003

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
413, You've got to tell me this source. Or at least say if it's a high caliber paper.
Dont tell me NY Daily or hoops world!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2003, 03:27 AM   #22
mavs413
Golden Member

No, i Did Not Just Read This Somewhere. I got this from an actual person that i talked to, but i cannot say who that person is!, if you all are skeptical, than i guess you'll have to wait and hear it from Cuban's mouth when he announces it.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:28 AM   #23
AdamAMMP

Don't hold your breath people
Old 07-30-2003, 03:29 AM   #24
Nash13
Diamond Member

Well who's the person? Is he an analysis? Reporter? Coach?

~The Salesman
Old 07-30-2003, 03:33 AM   #25
mavs413
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: AdamAMMP
This is all BS, someone on the ESPN board was saying the samething, but he was claiming his source was ESPN Insider and no where did it mention anything about the deal.
Im assuming that you have read this thread Espn Message Board Thread and as you can tell, this trade is totally different and i did not get my info from ESPN or that thread.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:34 AM   #26
Mavs_Rule2003

..An insider? your friends who work at AAC pop corn stand? just kidding!

You are making us restless man!

On ESPN board some one is saying DIRK is accused of sexually harrasing! i didnt want to go there but after listening to you i went there..and saw LA clippers owner is accused!

If i could find that guy ..then i would have punched him to death!..
Old 07-30-2003, 03:41 AM   #27
AdamAMMP

If this goes down bro, I'll send a limo full of strippers to your house.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:45 AM   #28
mavs413
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: AdamAMMP
If this goes down bro, I'll send a limo full of strippers to your house.
I live in Arizona man, so if your sending that limo from Dallas, it will cost you a fortune!
HaHa
Old 07-30-2003, 03:48 AM   #29
Mavs_Rule2003

but if this happens, can we get any better than 5th positon in the west that everyone is claiming? well!..Duhh! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Hate to see NVE leaving..But Rasheed is too much to let go! I just called one of my friend in Portland, he is saying they are saying in the radio there for the whole day that Rasheed is now going to be a MAVS and they are saying Ruben and SABONIS(??) also are. But 413 is saying it is MCinns. If it is Sabonis, then i will do it in any second.

413, is it MCinns or sabonis?
Old 07-30-2003, 03:49 AM   #30
Nash13
Diamond Member

AMMP, I don't see why this trade wouldn't go down. If the Kings can get Brad Miller for Scott Pollard, and SA could get Turk and Mercer for Danny Ferry, this would make more sense.

~The Salesman
Old 07-30-2003, 03:53 AM   #31
Mavs_Rule2003

sorry double!
Old 07-30-2003, 03:53 AM   #32
Mavs_Rule2003

SA had salary cap and Kings were dealing one of their good player (HEdo) and a spare ,who can be better in the east, for one single player.

After this deal are we going more depper in to salary hole? considering that Rasheed is on his last year? and dumping NVE and RAEF (ahh...music to my ears!!)
Old 07-30-2003, 03:55 AM   #33
mavs413
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavs_Rule2003
but if this happens, can we get any better than 5th positon in the west that everyone is claiming? well!..Duhh! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Hate to see NVE leaving..But Rasheed is too much to let go! I just called one of my friend in Portland, he is saying they are saying in the radio there for the whole day that Rasheed is now going to be a MAVS and they are saying Ruben and SABONIS(??) also are. But 413 is saying it is MCinns. If it is Sabonis, then i will do it in any second.

413, is it MCinns or sabonis?
From what wrote down as i got the trade, it is exactly as i said it before. So to answer your question it is McInnis. But..... I did have to write down a whole lotta names down but i honestly doubt that it is Sabonis.... I doubt that even works under the CBA. Does anyone remember that site to check trades? Someone check it out for me.
Old 07-30-2003, 04:03 AM   #34
Mavs_Rule2003

You are right bro!

TRADE DECLINED

Old 07-30-2003, 04:10 AM   #35
Mavs_Rule2003

Dallas trades: PG Nick Van Exel (12.5 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 4.3 apg in 27.8 minutes)
C Raef LaFrentz (9.3 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 0.8 apg in 23.4 minutes)
SG Tariq Abdul-Wahad (4.1 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.5 apg in 14.6 minutes)
Dallas receives: PG Jeff McInnis (5.8 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 17.5 minutes)
PF Rasheed Wallace (18.1 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 36.3 minutes)
SF Ruben Patterson (8.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.3 apg in 21.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +6.3 ppg, +1.5 rpg, and -0.9 apg.

Atlanta trades: PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (19.9 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 3.0 apg in 38.1 minutes)
C Theo Ratliff (8.7 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 31.1 minutes)
Atlanta receives: C Raef LaFrentz (9.3 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 0.8 apg in 69 games)
C Arvydas Sabonis (6.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.8 apg in 78 games)
SG Bonzi Wells (15.2 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 3.3 apg in 75 games)
Change in team outlook: +2.0 ppg, -1.5 rpg, and +2.0 apg.

Portland trades: PG Jeff McInnis (5.8 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 2.3 apg in 17.5 minutes)
PF Rasheed Wallace (18.1 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 36.3 minutes)
C Arvydas Sabonis (6.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.8 apg in 15.5 minutes)
SG Bonzi Wells (15.2 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 3.3 apg in 32.0 minutes)
SF Ruben Patterson (8.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.3 apg in 21.2 minutes)
Portland receives: PG Nick Van Exel (12.5 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 4.3 apg in 73 games)
SG Tariq Abdul-Wahad (4.1 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.5 apg in 14 games)
PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (19.9 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 3.0 apg in 81 games)
C Theo Ratliff (8.7 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 81 games)
Change in team outlook: -8.3 ppg, 0.0 rpg, and -1.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Old 07-30-2003, 04:10 AM   #36
mavs413
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavs_Rule2003
You are right bro!

TRADE DECLINED
Yeah.... BLANK BLANK said that there where a bunch of different scenarios being talked about between teams during this week. That might have been one that was close but didn't happen for whatever reason.
Did you check the REAL trade on that site for us?
What is it called?
Old 07-30-2003, 04:12 AM   #37
Mavs_Rule2003

yeah i just posted it..and the site is realgm.com
Old 07-30-2003, 04:13 AM   #38
mavs413
Golden Member

Thank You
Old 07-30-2003, 04:14 AM   #39
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

If this trade goes down,immediatly another should follow.
I think Dampier was mentioned,its not a bad way to go,either way,we need a Center,we REALLY REALLY need a Center.
A trade of AJ+Tariq for Dampier(for example)could close our line-up for the season,best line-up we ever had.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 04:18 AM   #40
Mavs_Rule2003

All 3 teams get better in some way. Portland needed some change with their roster. They trade 5 players! and get some preety good players infact they get 3 new starters. Dallas let go one starter and the best bench player but got one super star caliver and good D. Atlanta got bonzi and two big guy under the basket raef and sabonis letting got theri top player.

I think only atlanta got helped in salary wise.

works out preety good i guess.

lets see...if it really goes down ! cos i think Wells situaion will make it wait little bit. He is still in BYC~