Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-22-2007, 09:27 AM   #41
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Yes. And from what i read, it's going to be a prequel to him before X-Men. It's set to come out sometime next year.
nice, thanks. i assume its hugh jackman is playing in the movie..

i really like that guy...he just seems like he would be a badass in real life too..
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2007, 11:43 AM   #42
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Yeah, not only is he starring, but i believe he's the executive producer. I don't think Fox wants anything to do with this film, which is a good thing.

I believe Sabertooth will be in it. There are rumors floating around about Deathstrike, Magneto, and The Juggernaut being in it as well, but who knows.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:58 PM   #43
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

This is just terrible, terrible news. This has to stop. It just has to. Spiderman 3 was....well I was laughing. A lot.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle4749016.ece

Quote:
IN A victory for working fathers in Hollywood, the actor Tobey Maguire has been granted “family time” with his young daughter as part of an unprecedented deal to star in the next two Spider-Man movies.

Maguire was willing to shoot Spider-Man 4 and 5 back-to-back over six months next year but insisted he should take early mornings and evenings off so he could play with his “favourite blonde”, Ruby Sweetheart, who is 22 months old.

The 33-year-old actor is expected to earn a record $50m (£28m) in salary and profit shares from the two films, substantially more than Keanu Reeves earned when he shot the last two Matrix films back-to-back. Reeves complained that it left him exhausted.

The first three Spider-Man films grossed £1.5 billion and are still producing spin-offs, including a forthcoming Broad-way musical with songs by Bono, the Irish rock star.

Until recently it was uncertain whether Maguire would put on the Spider-Man suit again, and Sony had drawn up a list of alternative actors before Maguire’s agents came back to the negotiating table.

Sony, which declined to comment, is thought to have been wary of allowing “family time” because it could set a precedent. Finally its chairman, Amy Pascal, herself a mother, stepped in, saying six months without family time would not be fair on any parent.

In the next few days Sony is expected to reveal whether Maguire’s ex-girlfriend Kirsten Dunst will be returning as his on-screen love interest, Mary Jane Watson. Dunst, 26, has recently talked about a struggle with clinical depression.

Some critics have mocked the current generation of Hollywood actors as “boy-men”. Steve McQueen’s widow Barbara said she could not imagine him asking for “family time” when making The Great Escape. Like McQueen, Maguire came from a troubled background. He planned to be a chef until his mother, an aspiring scriptwriter, gave him $100 to take acting rather than cooking lessons to make sure he “got to know the world”. It worked.

Maguire rose to fame with his boyhood friend Leonardo DiCaprio and both became renowned playboys. At 19, however, Maguire checked into rehab. Today he is a teetotal vegetarian.

“Tobey admits he is obsessive-compulsive about everything he does, and raising Ruby is no different,” a friend said last week. “There’s no way Tobey would allow work, no matter how well paid, to get between him and Ruby, and Sony realised that.”
Please don't. Not if it's going to be like 3.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:13 AM   #44
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't get it. They all sucked.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:42 AM   #45
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

1 was good and 2 was very good...3 was terrible because they let the director have way too much power over the story (Who "doesn't like Venom??")...he is a rather pedestrian director....Evil Dead? Please.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:43 AM   #46
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
The first three Spider-Man films grossed £1.5 billion and are still producing spin-offs, including a forthcoming Broad-way musical
UUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 09-17-2008 at 10:43 AM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:01 AM   #47
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
1 was good and 2 was very good...3 was terrible because they let the director have way too much power over the story (Who "doesn't like Venom??")...he is a rather pedestrian director....Evil Dead? Please.
Don't front on Evil Dead II (but yes, Raimi is only brilliant with a limited budget...)

I thought all the Spiderman movies (cartoons?) sucked... Not sure why they bothered with actors - the whole movie might as well have been CG...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 09-17-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:03 AM   #48
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Come on people...Spider Man 2 is very good. Hands down on the best comic flicks ever.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 09-17-2008, 11:09 AM   #49
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Come on people...Spider Man 2 is very good. Hands down on the best comic flicks ever.
Not even top-10 - that Superman Returns garbage was even better...

(I mean, the second he ditches his Spiderman costume you KNOW he'll be wearing it by the end of the movie - too obvious... Plus, Doc Oc's character totally sucked - what a waste of an excellent actor! And don't even get me started on Green Goblin's son and the weaksauce love triangle they tried to force into the plot... Convoluted!)

Old 09-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #50
sike
The Preacha

I feel a bit better now...I didn't think I was alone on my opinion... http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spiderman_2/

Old 09-17-2008, 11:22 AM   #51
Underdog

Quote:
I feel a bit better now...I didn't think I was alone on my opinion... http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spiderman_2/
Fanboys that vote on RottenTomatoes are the reason Hollywood keeps pumping out garbage like Hellboy 2...

It's only a 7.7 on IMDb...

Old 09-17-2008, 11:27 AM   #52
sike
The Preacha

Yeah...rottentomatoes is a bunch of Fanboys.

I think the reason it got such a high rating from rt is that they are judging against other comic flicks and not normal dramas...just a guess. I would have it at a 93% unless we're comparing it to comic flicks...but that is just me.

Last edited by sike; 09-17-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:41 PM   #53
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Spiderman 2 was....bearable.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 09-17-2008, 12:56 PM   #54
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Spiderman 2 was....bearable.
Batman Returns was barable...Spiderman 2 was dang solid.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:00 PM   #55
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Batman Returns was barable...Spiderman 2 was dang solid.
I don't even know you anymore.

Edit: Ok, I feel *slightly* better about your post after re-reading it. First time through I saw "Batman Begins" and I couldn't breathe. Still, all of the Spiderman movies suck.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 09-17-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:03 PM   #56
sike
The Preacha

You're dumb...but I still like your mama.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:05 PM   #57
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I don't think the spider-man situation is even close to the cluster that is Wolverine. Fox wants so badly to make money that they changed one of the sets without telling the director so the scene wouldn't look as dark. If Fox messes up this movie, i'll never watch anything they do ever again
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman

Last edited by Nash13; 09-17-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote