Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-24-2008, 10:17 PM   #41
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Less offensive? I don't know I guess not. The reason why I said "black man" is because this could've potentially started a race war.
Race war? What the heck are you talking about?

Quote:
I'm already seeing people refer to Obama as a "monkey".
I've seen people refer to George Bush as a monkey, too. So what?

You can always find an idiot if you look for one. You need to put down that broad brush, my friend. You're going to get paint on yourself.

Quote:
You're already seeing the ugly side of people with a black man running for president as it is. Things will get ugly once Obama is president. I just hope it doesn't get too ugly. This little hoax could've started something where a lot of people gotten hurt.
I'd like you to explain these comments. Please explain, specifically, how you've seen the "ugly side of people" and how "things will get ugly" once Obama is president.

I think you're making a bunch of unfair generalizations. It's annoying enough to hear the media talk about "racially tinged" this and "racially motivated" that. It's downright offensive to hear pundits say that Obama will only lose if those racist white people refuse to vote for him.

False accusations of racism, especially those leveled at entire people groups, do as much to create racial tensions in this country as actual racism does. Enough already.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:37 PM   #42
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
It's annoying enough to hear the media talk about "racially tinged" this and "racially motivated" that. It's downright offensive to hear pundits say that Obama will only lose if those racist white people refuse to vote for him.

False accusations of racism, especially those leveled at entire people groups, do as much to create racial tensions in this country as actual racism does. Enough already.
KG, do you believe that if this country does elect a black president at some point, race relations will improve?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:38 PM   #43
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, well, well.. dumb little Aggie...
As punishment, she should be forced to work for Obama's camp the rest of the way out.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:39 PM   #44
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Race relations will suck to an extent in the same circles, I'm sure. They've improved mightily over my lifetime. No, things aren't perfect by any stretch.. but I do believe that things have improved over the past couple of decades.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:33 PM   #45
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Scratching an O through a mirror would be really hard for an Aggie because she'd have to scratch it backwards.
WHY IS REP NOT WORKING?!?!?!

ridiculous story. mentally unbalanced for sure.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:55 PM   #46
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

I wonder what the McCain camp paid this lady to do that? This was a sad attempt to take voters away from Obama. Very clear on the motive, they need to check her bank account for large sums of money deposited into her account. We dont have to assume if she has ties to McCain because clearly she does. Sad day for the McCain camp and for all those who flocked to protect her as a victim. She indeed is the victim and attacker all at once. Only a McCain staffer could accomplish this. LMAO..

In other news, Obama has a 14pt lead over McCain..
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:02 AM   #47
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Silk, you're too much, man.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:06 AM   #48
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've seen the average american become ugly these past couple of months. The ugliness has always been there but they've had enough sense to atleast hide it. Now they're making it public. I mean what other instance have you ever seen an idiot carve a B in her face and blame it on a black man? You're taking it to a completely different level when you'd hurt yourself just to get someone else in trouble.
Uh..this sorta comes to mind....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana_Brawley
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:40 AM   #49
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

One person in this thread sumed it up best and right to the point.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures."

That said, you be the judge who was behind this, if she had any help, or was pushed along or she was random and her motives. But "Desperate times call for desperate measures" says it all for whom was behind what happened and i'll leave it at that.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:41 AM   #50
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
I wonder what the McCain camp paid this lady to do that? This was a sad attempt to take voters away from Obama. Very clear on the motive, they need to check her bank account for large sums of money deposited into her account. We dont have to assume if she has ties to McCain because clearly she does. Sad day for the McCain camp and for all those who flocked to protect her as a victim. She indeed is the victim and attacker all at once. Only a McCain staffer could accomplish this. LMAO..

In other news, Obama has a 14pt lead over McCain..
First of all, way to assume the worst. This is just one wack job operating alone. It's clear to rational human beings.

And while we all know that Obama is going to win, to cite a 14 point difference is pretty far fetched. ABC/CBS/NY Times/USA today/whatever else liberal media polls are a little crazy.

The Investors Business Daily tracking poll (the most accurate poll from 2004) has it at a statistical dead heat, within the error margin of 3 points or whatever it is.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:52 AM   #51
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
They asked for a description, and she had to make a story. She didn't go out of her way to make an "Ooh, ooh, I know! It was a black man!" sideswipe.
So what was the point of lying and saying a black man beat you p and carved a backwards B on your face? What was the point? People from all races are Obama supporters so why go out your way to lie about a black man doing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
Race war? What the heck are you talking about?

I've seen people refer to George Bush as a monkey, too. So what?

You can always find an idiot if you look for one. You need to put down that broad brush, my friend. You're going to get paint on yourself.

I'd like you to explain these comments. Please explain, specifically, how you've seen the "ugly side of people" and how "things will get ugly" once Obama is president.

I think you're making a bunch of unfair generalizations. It's annoying enough to hear the media talk about "racially tinged" this and "racially motivated" that. It's downright offensive to hear pundits say that Obama will only lose if those racist white people refuse to vote for him.

So what? You don't see anything wrong with calling Obama a monkey? I guess I wouldn't expect you to understand. But the word "monkey" has a lot of history with blacks. Almost as much as the n-word.

And what about my comments do you want me to explain? I'll do it but not sure what you need help understanding. This lady is a prime example of things potentially getting ugly. And I could send you to endless Youtube videos of people threatening to take Obama's life if he gets in office. I can take you to videos of McCain's rally's where people say they won't vote Obama because he's a terrorist. Is it necessary though? I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Quote:
Uh..this sorta comes to mind....
What does Tawana Bradley have to do with anything I said?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:56 AM   #52
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Over 90% of early votes from african americans have gone to Obama so far. She was in an extremely urban area. Her story was (poorly) designed to sound more believable. Logically it made sense to her dumb-ass brain.

But you should definitely continue to let one itsy bitsy singular little girl, acting completely alone in PA get you down. People are victims, etc.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:58 AM   #53
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Man, yall are dellusional if you don't think she thought a "black man story" would cause more waves than a "white man story". This stuff goes deep and goes way back.

That said, I think she acted independently, even though she's a "staffer". That is too juvenile and unprofessional to be pulled off by a larger, smarter entity. Who the hell robs someone and hangs around to deface them?

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 10-25-2008 at 10:12 AM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:13 AM   #54
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So what was the point of lying and saying a black man beat you p and carved a backwards B on your face? What was the point? People from all races are Obama supporters so why go out your way to lie about a black man doing it?
Because it's not "going out of your way". When you're mugged, police ask for a description of the mugger. That's what she came up with for whatever reason, and for all you know she made it up on the spot.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:25 AM   #55
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Over 90% of early votes from african americans have gone to Obama so far. She was in an extremely urban area. Her story was (poorly) designed to sound more believable. Logically it made sense to her dumb-ass brain.

But you should definitely continue to let one itsy bitsy singular little girl, acting completely alone in PA get you down. People are victims, etc.
When you say over 90% of early votes from african americans have gone to Obama so far. It is 97% that african american voters are going for Obama so far. Guess what the percentage is that african american people vote for white democrats? 92%. Now let's break it down more, 44% of white people so far are votting for Obama and guess what the average is for a white person votting for a white democrat pres? 40%.

Simple terms, african american have raised their totals so far by 5%. White people have raised their total of votting for a democrat by 4%. You can't compare or i can't white people votting for a black pres because this is the first time. But the big picture, a white man(dem pres) that is democrat only gets 40% of white vote, Obama is getting 44% so far, the most ever. The african american, so far has only raised the average of their vote by 5%.

White people for a dem is up by 4% and black people for a dem this time is 5%.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:38 AM   #56
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

There was very plainly a race factor here. I think it's silly to ignore it. In her own little world, she thought that by having a big scary black man Obama supporter attack her, she would get white independents to be scared of the "exotic" one by igniting fear of the unknown into them. It's not that everything is about race, but it's not as if nothing is, either. I think this falls on the side of 'is.' You obviously see it differently.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:40 AM   #57
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

The problem you are going to have beating Obama/Biden is not because of black or white. It is going to be turn out. Black, white, yellow, brown, young, rich, poor, old and young are going to vote in record numbers you haven't seen before. I already told you this when Obama/Hillary was running.

Democrats and Republicans are in aw of the ground game Obama's team put together. Plus people that wanted change has been out on the streets, since Gore lost, hit it hard after Kerry lost, and when Hillary/Obama was running, it was even more registering voters. Republicans did register some also but the problem was many dropped from being a registered republian because they wasn't happy anymore. I am not saying they all turn dem because they didn't.

In the end when this is over, look at how many registered republicans vote for Obama, comparred to past dem canidates. See if it is any change. The problem was not so much McCain/Palin/Obama/Biden/black/white/woman/man but the American people had enough of the last 8 years. It was the past adm and voter turn out.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:59 AM   #58
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
There was very plainly a race factor here. I think it's silly to ignore it. In her own little world, she thought that by having a big scary black man Obama supporter attack her, she would get white independents to be scared of the "exotic" one by igniting fear of the unknown into them. It's not that everything is about race, but it's not as if nothing is, either. I think this falls on the side of 'is.' You obviously see it differently.
I agree with you but no matter who is behind it, it only makes all voters and even white voters, come out more for Obama. It keeps pushing more gop house and senate members out. Michelle Bachmann pulled a stunt other day and injecting some very bad things on tv. She was a sure winner. Dem way behind her and her district is huge republican. She went from i did not say it, to he made me say it, to i did not mean it that way, to i am sorry for what i have done.

Now the dem raised a millon, gop stopped funding her, and instead of her way ahead, she is behind. The point is, what if in the long run, she just turned a whole republican district to independent or democrat. See what they are doing to themself? All over the USA.

The girl with "B"" on face is very bad on her part or anyone that had a part in it. She and if it was a "them" they knew what they was trying to do.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:42 AM   #59
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So what? You don't see anything wrong with calling Obama a monkey? I guess I wouldn't expect you to understand. But the word "monkey" has a lot of history with blacks. Almost as much as the n-word.
I don't think either one of them should have been called a monkey. The point is, you're trying to take the actions of a few and attribute them to entire groups of people. That's logically absurd.

It would be similar to me trying to attribute the comments of the moonbats at places like dailykos to every Democrat.

Quote:
And what about my comments do you want me to explain? I'll do it but not sure what you need help understanding. This lady is a prime example of things potentially getting ugly.
What I want you to explain is what you are predicting will happen if Obama becomes president. Are you honestly saying there will be "race wars"? And what does that mean?

I think you give the American people, in general, far too little credit.

Quote:
And I could send you to endless Youtube videos of people threatening to take Obama's life if he gets in office.
I am quite certain that I could send you to the same sort of stuff regarding President Bush. You're acting like this sort of fringe reaction is unique to Obama. It's not.

Quote:
I can take you to videos of McCain's rally's where people say they won't vote Obama because he's a terrorist.
I can show you videos/message boards/blogs, etc. from Obama supporters where they say that they're not voting for McCain because he's Hitler.

The point is, there are vocal bigots on either end of the spectrum. Acting like this sort of reaction is unique to Obama is, to me, disingenuous.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:48 AM   #60
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
KG, do you believe that if this country does elect a black president at some point, race relations will improve?
Beats me. I certainly don't think they'll get worse, as DTownsFinest suggests.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:43 AM   #61
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I think that's the biggest upside to Obama getting elected - a black man becoming President of the United States is the BIGGEST/LAST hurtle for African-Americans to cross... Welcome to Club Power!

a) "Black Pride" finally has something politically tangible to be proud of...

b) no more excuses, no more handouts - Obama would be living proof that a black man can achieve ANYTHING in America... No more special treatment, no more Affirmative Action, no more "White Man's Burden" - not that it won't take time to overcome those institutions, but a renewed sense of pride in the black community should go a long way in expediting the process...

It's time to act like equals... It's time to live as equals... Every man is deeper than the color of his skin...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:46 AM   #62
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I think that's the biggest upside to Obama getting elected - a black man becoming President of the United States is the BIGGEST/LAST hurtle for African-Americans to cross... Welcome to Club Power!

a) "Black Pride" finally has something politically tangible to be proud of...

b) no more excuses, no more handouts - Obama would be living proof that a black man can achieve ANYTHING in America... No more special treatment, no more Affirmative Action, no more "White Man's Burden" - not that it won't take time to overcome those institutions, but a renewed sense of pride in the black community should go a long way in expediting the process...

It's time to act like equals... It's time to live as equals... Every man is deeper than the color of his skin...
It would be nice but it ain't gonna happen, there's way too many dollars and way too much political power to be had in race-mongering.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 10-25-2008, 09:51 AM   #63
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
It would be nice but it ain't gonna happen, there's way too many dollars and way too much political power to be had in race-mongering.
It ain't gonna happen as long as you keep playing your part in preventing it...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:53 AM   #64
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
It ain't gonna happen as long as you keep playing your part in preventing it...
Possibly so, but I'm calling it like it is I believe, not how the power-brokers "say" it would be if only we had more power.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #65
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post

Thats race baiting at best above..

Let me throw something out there since you want to talk about numbers. African Americans have voted 98% of the time for a white presidential candidate..Also have voted for a Democrat presidential candidate about 90% of the time. So, that now the number is up to about 95% as Janet pointed out, then that is an increase of 5% for Obama. Please stop the race baiting about blacks ONLY voting for Obama because he is black. That is an insult to the highest degree. Blacks as history points out vote who is closest to their issues. Here that "ISSUES"..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to the Political/Racial Hoax:

McCain Communications Director Gave Reporters Incendiary Version Of "Carved B" Story Before Facts Were Known

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 10-25-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:21 AM   #66
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Possibly so, but I'm calling it like it is I believe, not how the power-brokers "say" it would be if only we had more power.
There it is!!! It is now "Official". Dude just admitted he is part of the problem with racial healing. He is playing his part to prevent it....

I knew it all the time, but this proves it in his own words.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:17 AM   #67
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
There it is!!! It is now "Official". Dude just admitted he is part of the problem with racial healing. He is playing his part to prevent it....

I knew it all the time, but this proves it in his own words.
So if I factually call Jessie Jackson, Al Sharton, you out as race-mongers then I"m the part of the "racial healing" problem, but the race-mongers aren't? Okay...

The o'so'public cries of racism (from you for example) are just political tactics to gain power. Stalin would be proud I expect, it's been very effective for years.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:04 PM   #68
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
So if I factually call Jessie Jackson, Al Sharton, you out as race-mongers then I"m the part of the "racial healing" problem, but the race-mongers aren't? Okay...

The o'so'public cries of racism (from you for example) are just political tactics to gain power. Stalin would be proud I expect, it's been very effective for years.
LMAO, good try at deflecting....Remember to count me in as one who will bait about abortion bombers as terrorists...How does it feel to be baited in like that? I can not believe you fell for that one. But, we all should have guessed you and 92Dad put a value on human life that nobody will disagree that is a human. Clearly you guys think that Pro-Choice humans have a less human value than an Anti-Abortion human. That is indeed inhumane. I did not think you would take it that far, but I should have figured. I am now beginning to think you and 92Dad are the same poster.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:20 PM   #69
dude1394
Guru

I'm not deflecting anything...I have no truck with the race-mongers, if you want to find people that obstruct "racial healing" you just have to look at them and AA supporters. I'll stand on the side of connerly, lincoln and mlk.

You can't have "racial healing" with quotas. Why in the world should some poor lousianian be discriminated against. We'd be much better off without the race-hucksters.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:22 PM   #70
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Because it's not "going out of your way". When you're mugged, police ask for a description of the mugger. That's what she came up with for whatever reason, and for all you know she made it up on the spot.
But she wasn't mugged. She had all the time in the world to think of her story. She knows what she was doing. I don't know if you guys are just playing devil's advocate or what but a blind man can see her intentions. Whether she acted alone or not I don't know but I can't imagine anyone wanting to take part in such a mess.

Quote:
Man, yall are dellusional if you don't think she thought a "black man story" would cause more waves than a "white man story". This stuff goes deep and goes way back.

That said, I think she acted independently, even though she's a "staffer". That is too juvenile and unprofessional to be pulled off by a larger, smarter entity. Who the hell robs someone and hangs around to deface them?
I agree.

Quote:
I don't think either one of them should have been called a monkey. The point is, you're trying to take the actions of a few and attribute them to entire groups of people. That's logically absurd.

It would be similar to me trying to attribute the comments of the moonbats at places like dailykos to every Democrat.
I tried to do what? Where at? I never insinuated that things would get ugly by one particular race. I'm taking the actions by a few who chose to post their bigotry online. I'm choosing this lady who chose to lie about a 6' 4 black man carving a B in her face. And when I say things could get ugly i'm not speaking on one particular race. The LA Riots is a prime example of things getting ugly in that was just in California. I'm not rooting for things to go bad. I'd like to have more faith in americans but i've seen american's act very ugly in the past couples years. Hell the past couple of weeks.

[/QUOTE]What I want you to explain is what you are predicting will happen if Obama becomes president. Are you honestly saying there will be "race wars"? And what does that mean?

I think you give the American people, in general, far too little credit.[/QUOTE]

Well by race wars I mean problems between different races. Criminal acts that were motivated by hatred of another race. And i'm not predicting. I hope it doesn't happen. And while we've come along way since the Civil Rights movement you still have people committing racially motivated crimes. There a lot of hateful people in this world who simply hates another race because they feel their race is superior. I want to give Americans more credit but just because you live in America doesn't make you an american or even a human for that matter. Anyone who hates another race for any reason doesn't deserve to even be considered an American because that's not what we stand for.

Quote:
I am quite certain that I could send you to the same sort of stuff regarding President Bush. You're acting like this sort of fringe reaction is unique to Obama. It's not.
Is it racially motivated though? Every president or presidential candidate has received some form of criticism. That's fine. No one is immune to criticism. But when you hear someone criticizing him about his religion? His skin color? Its not the same as people questioning Bush's intelligence.

You mind sending me to some of those videos that are racist towards Bush? I've never seen them or even heard of them.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 10-25-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:32 PM   #71
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
I'm not deflecting anything...I have no truck with the race-mongers, if you want to find people that obstruct "racial healing" you just have to look at them and AA supporters. I'll stand on the side of connerly, lincoln and mlk.

You can't have "racial healing" with quotas. Why in the world should some poor lousianian be discriminated against. We'd be much better off without the race-hucksters.
So, I guess lets add AA supporters to the list of people with less human values. You are indeed inhumane.

On a serous note, dont every compare your thoughts to MLK. You are indeed the EXACT opposite of MLK in EVERY way, except for the fact you both were Republicans. Yes, you do have a truck with the race-mongers, you admiited it on your post. But, again you have NOTHING in common with MLK other than Republican status...
Old 10-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #72
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
So, I guess lets add AA supporters to the list of people with less human values. You are indeed inhumane.

On a serous note, dont every compare your thoughts to MLK. You are indeed the EXACT opposite of MLK in EVERY way, except for the fact you both were Republicans. Yes, you do have a truck with the race-mongers, you admiited it on your post. But, again you have NOTHING in common with MLK other than Republican status...
I'm not sure you have a serious side shown today. No not "inhumane" just confused and of a mind that you can fix an old wrong by doing the same thing. You can't solve "racism" with "racism".

No MLK didn't believe in racism,,,you believe in government sponsored racism.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:51 PM   #73
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Dtownsfinest - I think the key is for rational people not to try and create controversy where none exists. I won't delve off into a discussion of the L.A. riots (which took place in the mid-90's), because I think that would get us off track.

I don't see any evidence that an Obama presidency would worsen racial relations in the United States.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:52 PM   #74
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
I'm not sure you have a serious side shown today. No not "inhumane" just confused and of a mind that you can fix an old wrong by doing the same thing. You can't solve "racism" with "racism".

Why are you talking to the village idiot?
Old 10-25-2008, 12:54 PM   #75
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
I just don't know...compassion for the weak I guess.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:56 PM   #76
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

there is no question that this particular presidential campaign is triggering a great deal of racial issues. it is a monumental election, and it looks likely to result in the first minority president in our country's history.

it has both positive and its negative consequences.

the positive is a testiment to our country's egalitarian society, unequaled in the world. while there remains barriers to people for the most part those have been broken down.

obama is a positive example to all minorities, who have a role model of what hard work in eductaion can bring. he shows that indeed there is no one but the individual who stops themselves from realizing their dreams, for dreams can be realized through work and focus. and a sometimes a little luck of course...

we're going to see a huge, HUGE turnout of black american voters. for so many elections this group of voters has been used by candidates who talk the talk to get their votes, and in the past this group of voters became fairly unmotivated for they believed no matter who they voted for that nothing was really going to change. this year they know that is not the case, this election is going to show that the times have changed.

we also see the negative, the people with the monkey, those who shout out derogatory euphemisims, and the writings about how "un-american" people are taking over the country.

and here is a person who fabricated a story about a black man attacking her and made a political statement on her face.

sure she was attempting to stoke racial responses. there is no way she would go into the whole charade with the details involved if her intention was only her 15 minutes of fame.

she is merely symbolic of those who see the possible election of a black man as something that is contrary to their supposed heritage of america as being a white controlled society, and react as if it's the end of our country.

it's not. that world started to go away a half century ago, thank goodness. we're now seeing the realization of the ideal that every american is equal, that any american child can grow up to be president regardless of if they are black or white, man or woman.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #77
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
I just don't know...compassion for the weak I guess.
Fair enough. I just hate the clutter.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:10 PM   #78
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
My, my!!! We have Mr.Moderator calling a poster an idiot. Just shows the lack of class on your part Mr.Moderator. Instead of a debate, you resort to name calling as the weapon of choice. Guess we know why. Dont get me confused with You and Palin and your little buddies on dumbness. I guess you think you are above the rest and think that your conversation debates puts you in the Elite? Guess what? It dont, it just shows how far you will go on your limited access of knowledge to these conversations.

Mr.Elitest dont think you are above me in ANY way, because you never know who you are talking to. Mr.Elitest, dont think that if someone supports Obama then that means they are the ones who are the receivers of the rob from the rich and give to the poor. There are plenty of US who have NO problem with paying more taxes. That has nothing to do with robbing from the rich. It has something to do with doing our part when called upon. My point is simple. You can stop down talking posters here because they dont share your viewpoints. And NOBODY owes you anything when they make a post.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:20 PM   #79
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:

I cant believe you said you cant solve "racism" with "racism"..Seriously, you just said the opposite when another poster suggested you were a part of the problem on racism and you agreed.

And NO, you think nothing like MLK. Dont try to compare your thought process to MLK, because you could not be farther from the truth. AA is government sponsored racism? If you really think that, you are beyond inhumane. AA afforded rights to minorities and white of EVERY color. So, I guess we can add sexist to your character. Here that everyone, Dude thinks AA is government sponsored racism against white males.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:30 PM   #80
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

Quote:
There are plenty of US who have NO problem with paying more taxes. That has nothing to do with robbing from the rich. It has something to do with doing our part when called upon.
Warren Buffett and I agree...however, I would estimate 98% of the population does not. But then again, 98% of the population would rather receive a tax "refund" than write the government a check each April, which I guess tells me everything I need to know about the financial knowledge of most people.

Tags
aggies say woop!