Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-19-2008, 12:39 AM   #41
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

But its all cleared up now...soo lets move onn : )

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2008, 01:05 AM   #42
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Getting to 7-7 is definitely within reach.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:06 AM   #43
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
The Mavs kicked the crap out of the Hornets tonight.
"Yeah, well obviously," said Nowitzki, after Dallas won 100-83, "it really feels good to come out a beat a team of this caliber. They've got a lot of great players--Rice, 'Zo, LJ, Muggsy. It's tough to walk into Charlotte and pick up a win, but that's what we did tonight."

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 11-19-2008 at 01:16 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:07 AM   #44
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

He definitely did it on purpose.

Contact Me
Old 11-19-2008, 01:15 AM   #45
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
The Mavs kicked the crap out of the Hornets tonight.
hahaha

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:31 AM   #46
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Getting to 7-7 is definitely within reach.
Indeed it is! and we should be 6-8 at worst.

Even with T-Mac out, this Rockets game concerns me. They are at home, its a back to back, and they have depth/defense. But jeez, if they beat us with 2 of their top 6 out, it would tell a lot about where we are and where they are.

Lets go Mavs
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:49 AM   #47
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

1 game at a time...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:57 AM   #48
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Anyone else vexed by the 3-PT shooting though? Terry missed a bunch of open looks tonight, we were 4-17... that puts us at under 30% over 11 games.

It's arguable that if we were more efficient behind the arc thus far we'd have 1-2 more wins.

WE were an elite 3-PT shooting team in 06-07 and 05-06, mediocre last year, bad this year... we need to make up for a lack of easy baskets via low post scoring/slashing SOMEWHERE... has to be from behind the arc.

Am I wrong?!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:09 AM   #49
alby
Guru

...Mike Miller

Contact Me
Old 11-19-2008, 02:24 AM   #50
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
i know its not, but you wanted to make it one by calling me out on the way I said something. I would def. understand that if it was a sentence full of grammar errors and stuff, but to do it for tht just makes you look ignorant.

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

of course I knew what you were implying, I was just pointing it out because I thought it was an odd typo. You didn't need to get so defensive lol

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 11-19-2008 at 02:26 AM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:27 AM   #51
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
...Mike Miller
god, I wish.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:19 AM   #52
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
god, I wish.
I second that.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:03 AM   #53
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I second that.
I third that (now we can git 'er done!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:11 AM   #54
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

GOOD WIN!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:18 AM   #55
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddh33 View Post
Good win. It's not like the Mavs can be picky about who they get wins against. But to take a big lead and then to hold it is nice, regardless of the opponent.

Kind of interesting to see what Rick is doing right now with the lineup. It's very fluid, to say the least.

Some guys got some rest tonight, and I thought that was needed.

The Mavs did stumble some against the full-court pressure in the fourth quarter. Jason Terry still struggles so much handling the ball against pressure. It's just amazing.

I'll be one of the first to tell you that Dirk hasn't looked like himself this year, but he dropped 30 again tonight.
Josh and Jet both scored well too, with both of them combining for around 35 points. The Mavs need that every night from those two.

Really good to see Shawne Williams tonight. I thought he looked pretty good. He probably earned some more minutes, but it's kind of hard to know where they will come from...He's bigger than I remember though.

The front-court is very wide open though, it seems. Damp got around 20 minutes. Diop was a DNP. Singleton is a nice hustle guy who can catch and dunk, so that gives him an advantage over some of his competition. I don't blame the Mavs for going small though. They were getting hurt too bad by not having enough offense on the floor. Now, we'll have to see how the defense does without having an anchor. But Bass, Singleton, and Williams have all done some decent things to earn time.

Mainly, it looks to me like Rick Carlisle has decided to go with energy above everything else. Can't say I blame him. Hopefully the Mavs can keep getting some wins.

Yeah, Dirk was a shell of himself for a few games in a row with horrible scoring output and he is 6th in scoring. Very nice. The difference seems to be he is hustling a lil more.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:37 AM   #56
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

of course I knew what you were implying, I was just pointing it out because I thought it was an odd typo. You didn't need to get so defensive lol
Fluid:

I knew what he meant . . .

A cup of more wins, a spoonful of assists from JKidd, a dash of three pointers from Dirk, and a garnish of Gerald Green's high flying dunks and the season is saved!

Simply a recipe for success!
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:58 AM   #57
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexiMav View Post
Fluid:

A cup of more wins, a spoonful of assists from JKidd, a dash of three pointers from Dirk, and a garnish of Gerald Green's high flying dunks and the season is saved!

1. you are awesome

2 sounds delicious

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:12 PM   #58
joebobbill

joebobbill will become famous soon enoughjoebobbill will become famous soon enough

I'm really happy with Carlisle. He is doing all the right things.

He has a plan: a classic uptempo, athletic game

Players who can't help are on their way out.

New players are getting time and developing

Established players are being challenged
joebobbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:29 PM   #59
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexiMav View Post
Fluid:

haha
Old 11-19-2008, 03:36 PM   #60
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
Anyone else vexed by the 3-PT shooting though? Terry missed a bunch of open looks tonight, we were 4-17... that puts us at under 30% over 11 games.

It's arguable that if we were more efficient behind the arc thus far we'd have 1-2 more wins.

WE were an elite 3-PT shooting team in 06-07 and 05-06, mediocre last year, bad this year... we need to make up for a lack of easy baskets via low post scoring/slashing SOMEWHERE... has to be from behind the arc.

Am I wrong?!
If I coached this team they wouldn't take very many 3 pointers. (They'd also lose a lot more)

I am really sick already of the toss-it-back-to-dirk-in-transition thing and they think he's going to stop in full stride and hit a pull up 3. Yeah ok, sometimes he gets hot, but the vast majority of the time it is a wasted possession.

At least they only took 17. They've been taking more, haven't they? They took 25 against the Magic. Screw that....take the ball inside. Get fouled. That's how you win games and it's how you score in the 4th quarter.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:37 PM   #61
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I am really sick already of the toss-it-back-to-dirk-in-transition thing and they think he's going to stop in full stride and hit a pull up 3. Yeah ok, sometimes he gets hot, but the vast majority of the time it is a wasted possession.
not saying this is justification for them to keep trying it, but Dirk back in the day used to always hit those.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:42 PM   #62
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

He has hit a fair share of them, and in a timely fashion this season. I think he's good for 1 or 2 of those a game, but I agree it probably shouldn't be tried 5 or 6 times a game.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #63
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Considering Dirk averages under 3 three pointers a game this season, the pull up 3s to Dirk are irrelevant.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote