Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-18-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 4-7: Mavs destroy the Bobcats

Well..that was almost boring. Charlotte is awful, and without JRich they're...well, worse.

Dirk with a great game against fat Sean May and everyone else. He was the sixth leading scorer in the NBA coming into tonight, and will rise after tonight. So maybe he's fine? I think so.

I'm not going to run down everyone. Basically everyone played well tonight.

Carlisle was clearly taking advantage of the easy game tonight by looking at different combination in the second unit. George was apparently healthy tonight, and yet he was in a suit (somewhere, I never saw him). Carlisle obviously wanted a look at Shawne Williams tongiht, and he and Singleton played well.

Singleton, to me, is a more logical backup PF/small center because he's a better defender, better rebounder, and a better ball handler which allows him to get to the hole under control if given the chance. Bass still has a place because he's a much better offensive player, but I am more than fine with shopping Bass after seeing Singleton and Williams for some extended minutes.

I hope Green plays more tomorrow. I was disappointed by his minutes Sunday, and I'm hoping his limited minutes tonight were saving him for tomorrow.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 11-18-2008 at 09:35 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2008, 09:37 PM   #2
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I hope Green plays more tomorrow. I was disappointed by his minutes Sunday, and I'm hoping his limited minutes tonight were saving him for tomorrow.
He rolled his ankle in the 3rd and they immediately took a time out and he didn't come back.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:39 PM   #3
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Well played game all around. But let's criticize some of the fine points:

1. Kidd- less turnovers, more points. Please? Thanks.

2. JET- I really feel Dirk and JHO have fulfilled their roles as 1/2 scorers. JET missed way too many open looks tonight and was shooting 41% coming in. Just not gonna cut it. We need the JET from 2 years ago to be a contender

3. Perimeter shooting- 30.5% coming in, didn't look great tonight. We need to be an above average 3-PT shooting team to somewhat mitigate our lack of paint points/slashing.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:39 PM   #4
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

That's right I forgot abotu his ankle roll.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 11-18-2008, 09:48 PM   #5
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

I agree about bass. Wonder what a JET and Bass could get you
peppersquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:50 PM   #6
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
1. Kidd- less turnovers, more points. Please? Thanks.
that's the thing with Kidd he is good, but he comes with turnovers, some games more then other. Just comes with Kidd you'll learn to deal with it, happened every year i watched him
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:54 PM   #7
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Stack and George both not playing was highly satisfying. Looks like we may be shopping with Stack/George/JJB and potentially Bass since we do need something to attract others with.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:55 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very pleased to see how Gerald Green is being brought along. He's playing some solid ball out there...giving it up when there's a better shot and taking it when he's got it.

I SO MUCH like him in the starting rotation versus Jason...But I expect jet will close games...If we can get gerald to where he can close with josh..we are cooking.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:00 PM   #9
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

did your refs suck in the game? just wondering because the Nets games refs suck hardcore
Old 11-18-2008, 10:11 PM   #10
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballgirl25 View Post
did your refs suck in the game? just wondering because the Nets games refs suck hardcore
The refs have a meeting beforehand and decided to suck. They figured the more they suck, the less it will make Stern suck.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:12 PM   #11
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:

Oh and what about the Knicks? I mean, your Knicks?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky

Last edited by mqywaaah; 11-18-2008 at 10:13 PM.
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:14 PM   #12
Movie Phone

Movie Phone will become famous soon enough

sorry i've been out of the loop but where are wright and diop?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:20 PM   #13
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

It appears the bobcats went kinda small. They are a small team anyway with Okafur as center. Since our centers are positively pathethic...it doesn't pay much to have them in there to "punish" the other teams smaller centers...!!! they don't play.

But diop seems to be in a doghouse some also. It appears that Carlisle wanted to get some look at Shawne Williams also a little bit. He didn't exactly show me that much to be honest...but he's a big boy who moves pretty decently.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:27 PM   #14
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Well..that was almost boring. Charlotte is awful, and without JRich they're...well, worse.

Dirk with a great game against fat Sean May and everyone else. He was the sixth leading scorer in the NBA coming into tonight, and will rise after tonight. So maybe he's fine? I think so.

I'm not going to run down everyone. Basically everyone played well tonight.

Carlisle was clearly taking advantage of the easy game tonight by looking at different combination in the second unit. George was apparently healthy tonight, and yet he was in a suit (somewhere, I never saw him). Carlisle obviously wanted a look at Shawne Williams tongiht, and he and Singleton played well.

Singleton, to me, is a more logical backup PF/small center because he's a better defender, better rebounder, and a better ball handler which allows him to get to the hole under control if given the chance. Bass still has a place because he's a much better offensive player, but I am more than fine with shopping Bass after seeing Singleton and Williams for some extended minutes.

I talked about Singleton all in the off-season and pre-season. I have always liked his play, and wondered why he was not getting anytime. He is very much a Kidd type of player and can defend against the smaller centers and athletic PF that Dirk cant guard. I hope he gets increased minutes because he can run the floor like a deer.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:28 PM   #15
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

That arena was just sad tonight. Just really, really sad. I wonder what the announced attendance was.

Thig's right...that was almost boring. And yet, I ate it up because I don't know how many of those nights there will be.

It's sad to hear talk of shopping Bass already. What happened with him?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:29 PM   #16
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah View Post
Oh and what about the Knicks? I mean, your Knicks?
hey, I don't care about the Knicks I only like Lee, Knicks can go suck it other then that I hope Boston killed them
Old 11-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #17
xraided199

xraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud of

YESSSS SIRRRRR!!

i came home from work and did my scroll-down-the-scores-very-slowly-til-i-see-the-Mavs-game and let out a HUGE cheer. although i know its only against the bobcats, we got 2 W's in a damn row!!!! haha, and also we could NOT lose against this team or that would be very, very sad. especially, as jthig said, without j-rich.

it's great seein a W again, that's all i can say. after an insanely long day at work and hearing of serious health issues with my closest fam member, this was great to see. have a good night ya'll. best wishes.
xraided199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:31 PM   #18
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose View Post
The refs have a meeting beforehand and decided to suck. They figured the more they suck, the less it will make Stern suck.
it seemed like that tonight, they would call one play then two seconds later call another play, it was annoying
Old 11-18-2008, 10:36 PM   #19
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
it seemed like that tonight, they would call one play then two seconds later call another play, it was annoying
I no rite!!! LOL!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:41 PM   #20
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Great win. It was a really fast start and the lead they built in the 1st quarter sustained them throughout the game. The defense, particularly in the 1st quarter was very impressive. Bobcats somehow was expected to make a run and they did in the last quarter.

Dirk was really amazing. He was very efficient and he played well through most of the game. Josh was good too except for that successive turnovers in the 2nd half. I like his aggressiveness though. He seems to be more active in the 4th quarter now. Kidd was ok but he had too many turnovers. He tried a few risky passes here and there. Damp was a beast in the minutes he was on the floor. He scored a few baskets, was very aggressive on the boards and even blocked 3 shots I believe. JET was ok except I felt that plays were run through him a little too much in the 4th quarter. I would have preferred more Dirk and less JET.

The positive thing for me was seeing Green, Williams and Singleton play great minutes. It was nice to see Green active on the defensive side in the first quarter. Williams and Singleton were both very active on the boards.

Rick seems to have seen that Diop has done nothing for this team so far. I know this team needs Diop's defense, but has been pretty awful in the games he has played. I knew he didn't have much of an offensive game, but his defense this season leaves much to be desired. Damp isn't an all star center and has been known to be offensively inept as well, but between them, Damp has been totally outplaying Diop so far both on offense and defense.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:44 PM   #21
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
I talked about Singleton all in the off-season and pre-season. I have always liked his play, and wondered why he was not getting anytime. He is very much a Kidd type of player and can defend against the smaller centers and athletic PF that Dirk cant guard. I hope he gets increased minutes because he can run the floor like a deer.
I have noticed that as well. Singleton can run the floor quite well. He seems to thrive with JKidd on the floor (much like Green). He is also a good defender and very active around the basket. I hope the Mavs can develop him into a significant role player because he can really help this team.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:47 PM   #22
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
That arena was just sad tonight. Just really, really sad. I wonder what the announced attendance was.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:50 PM   #23
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
It appears the bobcats went kinda small. They are a small team anyway with Okafur as center. Since our centers are positively pathethic...it doesn't pay much to have them in there to "punish" the other teams smaller centers...!!! they don't play.

But diop seems to be in a doghouse some also. It appears that Carlisle wanted to get some look at Shawne Williams also a little bit. He didn't exactly show me that much to be honest...but he's a big boy who moves pretty decently.
I think the small lineup might have something to do with Diop not playing, but Damp played really well and had the game been more in question I think he would have played more.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-18-2008, 11:03 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Diop's working his way into the doghouse... He's been a disappointment so far this year in my opinion.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:11 PM   #25
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

i love damp

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:28 PM   #26
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I think Diop's working his way into the doghouse... He's been a disappointment so far this year in my opinion.
I know he's a defensive center, but I find his offense..... well, offensive. His inability to place the ball in the hoop, sometimes with no one around him, is incomprehensible.

Last edited by bernardos70; 11-18-2008 at 11:30 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:34 PM   #27
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

We've known from day one that Diop is offensively challenged. That is why the deal he was given is ridiculous, you only get a player who plays on one end of the court.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:35 PM   #28
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Quote:
2006 NBA finals.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:36 PM   #29
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

and soo wer back in it...a cup of more wins and well be #1 in the SW : )

it all starts tomorrow ....GO MAVS

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:45 PM   #30
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
a cup of more wins and well be #1 in the SW : )
ummmm, what?

Good job Mavs. I'm excited to watch this game in a little bit.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:48 PM   #31
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

Good win. It's not like the Mavs can be picky about who they get wins against. But to take a big lead and then to hold it is nice, regardless of the opponent.

Kind of interesting to see what Rick is doing right now with the lineup. It's very fluid, to say the least.

Some guys got some rest tonight, and I thought that was needed.

The Mavs did stumble some against the full-court pressure in the fourth quarter. Jason Terry still struggles so much handling the ball against pressure. It's just amazing.

I'll be one of the first to tell you that Dirk hasn't looked like himself this year, but he dropped 30 again tonight.

Josh and Jet both scored well too, with both of them combining for around 35 points. The Mavs need that every night from those two.

Really good to see Shawne Williams tonight. I thought he looked pretty good. He probably earned some more minutes, but it's kind of hard to know where they will come from...He's bigger than I remember though.

The front-court is very wide open though, it seems. Damp got around 20 minutes. Diop was a DNP. Singleton is a nice hustle guy who can catch and dunk, so that gives him an advantage over some of his competition. I don't blame the Mavs for going small though. They were getting hurt too bad by not having enough offense on the floor. Now, we'll have to see how the defense does without having an anchor. But Bass, Singleton, and Williams have all done some decent things to earn time.

Mainly, it looks to me like Rick Carlisle has decided to go with energy above everything else. Can't say I blame him. Hopefully the Mavs can keep getting some wins.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:03 AM   #32
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
ummmm, what?

Good job Mavs. I'm excited to watch this game in a little bit.
sorry didnt know we had people tht cant read. That sentence is pretty clear..soo your "ummm what" is ignorant.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 11-19-2008, 12:13 AM   #33
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

no. i think he's just pointing out that you're wrong.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:15 AM   #34
nowhereman
Diamond Member

by the way, dirk outscored all of charlotte's starters combined

Quote:
Old 11-19-2008, 12:29 AM   #35
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs kicked the crap out of the Hornets tonight.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:34 AM   #36
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
sorry didnt know we had people tht cant read. That sentence is pretty clear..soo your "ummm what" is ignorant.
"a cup of more wins" is what you typed, which obviously doesn't make any sense. I would reread your post before you call me ignorant, which doesn't even make sense even if I had misread your post.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:34 AM   #37
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
no. i think he's just pointing out that you're wrong.
well if we beat Houston and get like 2 more wins..we could end up on top..depending on how NO does

........GO MAVS
Old 11-19-2008, 12:36 AM   #38
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
well if we beat Houston and get like 2 more wins..we could end up on top..depending on how NO does
you're missing the point

I was saying "umm, what?" to you saying "a cup of more wins"

it wasn't even a big deal
Old 11-19-2008, 12:36 AM   #39
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
"a cup of more wins" is what you typed, which obviously doesn't make any sense. I would reread your post before you call me ignorant, which doesn't even make sense even if I had misread your post.
see there you go...if you had to try really hard to figure out what that means then you really do have a problem. It doesn't take any effort to figure it out..none at all.

"a cup of more" = a couple of more ...that is very obvious..

........GO MAVS
Old 11-19-2008, 12:38 AM   #40
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
you're missing the point

I was saying "umm, what?" to you saying "a cup of more wins"

it wasn't even a big deal
i know its not, but you wanted to make it one by calling me out on the way I said something. I would def. understand that if it was a sentence full of grammar errors and stuff, but to do it for tht just makes you look ignorant.

........GO MAVS