Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-25-2010, 05:32 PM   #41
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grbh View Post
You should check out this site

www.dallas-mavs.com
I love dm.com...but it doesn't compare with what fisher brings to the news department.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2010, 06:40 PM   #42
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I seriously don't understand one bit the hate on Mike Fisher. Never have. He's a dork and sometimes writes things that are tool-ish, but he's a through-and-through Mavs fan and he provides fantastic coverage that you can't get anywhere else. That alone should endear him to all of us.

The only problem with DB.com is its forums. And the late-90's era web design.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:41 PM   #43
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I seriously don't understand one bit the hate on Mike Fisher. Never have. He's a dork and sometimes writes things that are tool-ish, but he's a through-and-through Mavs fan and he provides fantastic coverage that you can't get anywhere else. That alone should endear him to all of us.

But even the forums are lively, which I like.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 07-25-2010, 09:03 PM   #44
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Lively with blithering idiots.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:51 PM   #45
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Love the inside information, D Lord's articles on player contracts, and trades, and Mike Fisher has this dead-spin-esque way of writing. It comes off a little harsh (see Coppell Mayor article). Good website, terrible design, amazing information. This website is clean, fluid, and a great forum. I lurk DB a lot though...
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:56 PM   #46
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
But even the forums are lively, which I like.
His forums are the 4chan of Mavs fans on the internet. Great if you like 4chan, I'm more of a 7chan guy myself.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:19 PM   #47
mavsfan4lyfe201

mavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these parts

can someone please ban thedong.

this guy should get f***ed dead.
mavsfan4lyfe201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:09 PM   #48
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Lively with blithering idiots.
Sure there are some of that, but it's kinda like a morgue at dm.com these days.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:59 PM   #49
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

this thread has gone over my head.. what does Fish have to do with the Dust chip?
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:20 AM   #50
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4lyfe201 View Post
can someone please ban thedong.

this guy should get f***ed dead.
uhh...
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:44 AM   #51
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
uhh...
Yeah, I kind of got side tracked by that too...

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:28 PM   #52
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

I don't get the hate here. I love DB.com, especially given what I and everyone pay for it, zero dollars! Yes he promoted the DUST chip a bit too much, but what's to say that the FO didn't expect more also. Is being optimistic that much of a crime??? Hadn't Miami created the perfect plan, what's to say that one of the elite FAs wouldn't have looked around and thought that his best option was to go to a team a step away from contending? Once all three went to Miami, it made the market very narrow for the other top FAs. Neither Boozer nor Amare were coming here since Dirk is still alive also.

So Fish ran with the idea and hoped for the best, which didn't happen. And his style of writing while dorkey, it's still fun. We all love a good read, and while not quite up to Bill Simmons I think Fish is pretty good.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:01 AM   #53
Ringsthething

Ringsthething will become famous soon enough

Its nice to see not every Mav fan swallows fisher's spiked koolaid without thinking.

Here are some of my thoughts on the way he does business on dbcom. Which, by the way, is using a url that Cuban says he has always personally owned.

http://thedbcommirror.yuku.com/topic/8

My guess is that most of the help he gets on stats and information from what he calls "his 75 man staff" is from dallas maverick PR staffers paid by Cuban who "help" feed info to the "information portal" Cuban likes to reference he helped set up.

Just my guesses based on what has been said by Cuban and Fisher about how Fihser does business (and, btw, last I heard, Fisher was the only internet reporter/blogger who is given media credentials by the team so as to be able to get inside and interview team and players - quite a coincidence, eh?)
Ringsthething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:16 AM   #54
Ringsthething

Ringsthething will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity View Post
I don't get the hate here. I love DB.com, especially given what I and everyone pay for it, zero dollars! Yes he promoted the DUST chip a bit too much, but what's to say that the FO didn't expect more also. Is being optimistic that much of a crime??? Hadn't Miami created the perfect plan, what's to say that one of the elite FAs wouldn't have looked around and thought that his best option was to go to a team a step away from contending? Once all three went to Miami, it made the market very narrow for the other top FAs. Neither Boozer nor Amare were coming here since Dirk is still alive also.

So Fish ran with the idea and hoped for the best, which didn't happen. And his style of writing while dorkey, it's still fun. We all love a good read, and while not quite up to Bill Simmons I think Fish is pretty good.
When he sticks to just putting out what he knows about the mavs, that is fine. But, he constantly pumps Cuban's image and muzzles and even bans anyone who doesn't spout his view of his benefactor. And he never talks much about how he owes so much of his business operation to having been in and staying in Cuban's good graces. Kind of deceptive.
Ringsthething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:37 PM   #55
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:

Replace "sometimes" with "almost always" and that sums up why I have a hard time reading db.com even though he seems to have the best inside mavs info.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #56
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringsthething View Post
But, he muzzles and even bans anyone who doesn't spout his view of his benefactor.
From that link, it doesn't look like your complaint of having been "muzzled" has any merit, although it does looks like someone should, for your own good. You got major stalkerish tendencies dude, one obsessive thought in one post after another; you need to get off the computer, out of your mother's basement, and get a life.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:04 AM   #57
dude1394
Guru

Rings has been the biggest pain in the ass on db.com...and I believe banned for it. He's redundant man to the infinity power.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:09 AM   #58
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

OMFG!!!!!! How did any thread about Fish get to 2 pages.

He just isn't that good or bad -- to warrant 2 pages. Good grief people.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:24 AM   #59
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

It's the offseason dalmations haha
Old 07-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #60
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
OMFG!!!!!! How did any thread about Fish get to 2 pages.

He just isn't that good or bad -- to warrant 2 pages. Good grief people.
You can thank me for starting this thread, otherwise all the Fish-hate would still be cluttering up the rest of the board...

Personally, I'm indifferent - he's easily the best source of Mavs-related news on the internet, but his shtick does get tiresome (no different than every other sports writer out there - it's the nature of the beast, I suppose...)

The only thing that bugs me about him is that he always includes his Twitter account and t-shirt sales in his "12 Donuts" section - might as well be honest and call it "10 Donuts" (it's not like he doesn't already have an ad for both on the right-hand side of the page...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-30-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #61
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
You can thank me for starting this thread, otherwise all the Fish-hate would still be cluttering up the rest of the board...

Personally, I'm indifferent - he's easily the best source of Mavs-related news on the internet, but his shtick does get tiresome (no different than every other sports writer out there - it's the nature of the beast, I suppose...)

The only thing that bugs me about him is that he always includes his Twitter account and t-shirt sales in his "12 Donuts" section - might as well be honest and call it "10 Donuts" (it's not like he doesn't already have an ad for both on the right-hand side of the page...)
I agree pretty much with this. He came on my radio show, so that definitely puts an uptick next to his stock in my book haha.

UD, you need to check your PM
Old 07-31-2010, 05:59 AM   #62
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the hate probably goes back to just how horrific the guy was on the radio + his annoying voice + the 75 member staff bit + his annoying personality + his mediocre opinions. But hey, some of you newbies weren't around for much of that.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:11 AM   #63
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

wow... Fisher has been HARD to read the past few days.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:57 AM   #64
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

oh man, Fisher is getting slammed for going as a "reporter" on a site owned by the Mavericks from Simmons and Hollinger.

It's a legitimate beef IMO. Like a beef inspector writing his reviews on a McDonalds-owned site.

I would like to think Fish writes opinionated free-from-bias material but with his It Never Rains! columns, you have to wonder a LITTLE..

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:57 AM   #65
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

It's not bad for us, per se, as we get to find out little nuggets about contracts and summer league signings before other news outlets but it's easy to confuse the reporting for marketing.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 08-26-2010 at 04:35 AM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:28 AM   #66
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Fish can be pretty annoying, but he is right in this instance. He called out people who said how ridiculous Haywood's contract is. It isn't, and Mr. Goofball Simmons just can't admit he was wrong. Instead, he went for personal attacks. Some people never grow up it seems....

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:06 AM   #67
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

I'm a fairly frequent poster at DB.com, and I will agree with some here that those forums harbor a few too many "knuckleheads". Some are kids, some are idiots and some are extremely intelligent trolls. However, there are about 20 (ish) posters at DB.com who I can confidently claim are some of the finest basketball opiners in the world. While I can understand the desire to hang out here where there is less "idiocracy" hurling at you from every direction, I must also point out that in only 1 hour I've gotten a pretty good feel for what goes on here (at least during the off-season) and the TOP END of these discussions doesn't compare to DB.com, either.

Also, there seems to be a lot of resentment towards Mike Fischer being expressed here. Obviously, you all have the right to think and write the way you want, but just to give you a newcomer's perspective, I think it's a little weird. I mean, it's clear that most of the posters here check the home page at DB.com everyday, and it seems like many of you read the forums there, too. So, I have two questions:
  1. Why spend so much time on this forum discussing what happens on another forum?
  2. If Fish is so delusional, manipulative, greedy, whatever - why visit his site at all?

Please understand, I'm not trying to pick a fight. I hope I haven't attached too fine of a point onto this post, because I'm not here to be DB.com's PR rep...just offering my two cents based on what I've seen here in one day.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:22 AM   #68
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
  1. Why spend so much time on this forum discussing what happens on another forum?
  2. If Fish is so delusional, manipulative, greedy, whatever - why visit his site at all?
1. A page-and-a-half of posts isn't really "so much time" on this forum. If this thread had gotten up over 10 pages, then you'd probably have a point. Plus, Fisher's articles and the DB.com forum are two completely different things (although some posters on this site do post over there too...)

2. David Lord.

And, yeah, the offseason is really a "down" time around here. Most of the intelligent posters don't waste their time speculating - they're more into analyzing the season as it unfolds.

Welcome to the board!

Last edited by Underdog; 09-07-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #69
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm a fairly frequent poster at DB.com, and I will agree with some here that those forums harbor a few too many "knuckleheads". Some are kids, some are idiots and some are extremely intelligent trolls. However, there are about 20 (ish) posters at DB.com who I can confidently claim are some of the finest basketball opiners in the world. While I can understand the desire to hang out here where there is less "idiocracy" hurling at you from every direction, I must also point out that in only 1 hour I've gotten a pretty good feel for what goes on here (at least during the off-season) and the TOP END of these discussions doesn't compare to DB.com, either.

Also, there seems to be a lot of resentment towards Mike Fischer being expressed here. Obviously, you all have the right to think and write the way you want, but just to give you a newcomer's perspective, I think it's a little weird. I mean, it's clear that most of the posters here check the home page at DB.com everyday, and it seems like many of you read the forums there, too. So, I have two questions:

Please understand, I'm not trying to pick a fight. I hope I haven't attached too fine of a point onto this post, because I'm not here to be DB.com's PR rep...just offering my two cents based on what I've seen here in one day.

Fair enough questions. I can't help with either of them because I never go there. I may click a link that is in a post from someone here but thats about it. I come here because it's a lil smaller and more personal and most of the people are cool. I don't spend any time giving two shits about Fish or DB.com or what is "top end" discussions. Imo, if you start to take this kind of thing (forums, discussions, opinions) too seriously you might need to back away from the computer and reevaluate some things. Maybe get a new hobby or at least add a few.

I think it's pretty insightful of you to understand things from an hour of reading around here especially in the off season. You might be a prodigy!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #70
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
1. A page-and-a-half of posts isn't really "so much time" on this forum. If this thread had gotten up over 10 pages, then you'd probably have a point. Plus, Fisher's articles and the DB.com forum are two completely different things (although some posters on this site do post over there too...)

2. David Lord.

And, yeah, the offseason is really a "down" time around here. Most of the intelligent posters don't waste their time speculating - they're more into analyzing the season as it unfolds.

Welcome to the board!

I agree, DLord is DB.com's greatest assets.

"Down" time or not, there just doesn't seem to be much activity here. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but my point is that it pretty much blows a hole in the "DB.com has a bunch of blithering idiots" argument. I mean, there are probably fewer morons here, but that's because there are fewer posters here. Logically, that means that there are fewer idiots, fewer average posters and fewer intelligent "fun to read" posters, but I bet the percentages are almost exactly the same as DB.com.

Thanks for the welcome - I'm always looking to talk Mavs with new people!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #71
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I think it's pretty insightful of you to understand things from an hour of reading around here especially in the off season. You might be a prodigy!
I appreciate sarcasm as much as the next guy, but come on - there are threads on the first page of this forum titled "Damp traded for Chandler" and "Mavs trade for Dominique Jones".

One doesn't have to be a "prodigy" to see that the news cycle moves a bit more slowly here, LOL.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #72
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree, DLord is DB.com's greatest assets.

"Down" time or not, there just doesn't seem to be much activity here. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but my point is that it pretty much blows a hole in the "DB.com has a bunch of blithering idiots" argument. I mean, there are probably fewer morons here, but that's because there are fewer posters here. Logically, that means that there are fewer idiots, fewer average posters and fewer intelligent "fun to read" posters, but I bet the percentages are almost exactly the same as DB.com.

Thanks for the welcome - I'm always looking to talk Mavs with new people!
What is your screenname at DB.com? I used to read their boards regularly, and I never saw any of these basketball savants you are talking about.

(And no, it didn't take any longer to get the "vibe" over there than it took you to get it here.)
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:11 PM   #73
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I appreciate sarcasm as much as the next guy, but come on - there are threads on the first page of this forum titled "Damp traded for Chandler" and "Mavs trade for Dominique Jones".

One doesn't have to be a "prodigy" to see that the news cycle moves a bit more slowly here, LOL.
Oh, you saw that?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:17 PM   #74
Underdog

Quote:

Yeah, the 71-page Offseason 2010 Thread with over 2,800 posts in it kinda killed the amount of threads that went up this summer...

Nobody really did anything about it because a lot of users around here read every single post on this site, regardless of which thread it's posted in...

Old 09-07-2010, 12:40 PM   #75
fluid.forty.one

This thread definitely ruffled some feathers over there. Their admin made his own thread dedicated to us
Old 09-07-2010, 01:48 PM   #76
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This thread definitely ruffled some feathers over there. Their admin made his own thread dedicated to us
If you're talking about the DallasMavs.com thread, he's actually not talking about us. I assume he's talking about some chat on Mavs.com.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #77
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
If you're talking about the DallasMavs.com thread, he's actually not talking about us. I assume he's talking about some chat on Mavs.com.
hmm, you might be right.. but later on they mention this thread specifically. Then ChefEd has been going on a 3 page rant about us.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #78
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
hmm, you might be right.. but later on they mention this thread specifically. Then ChefEd has been going on a 3 page rant about us.
Yeah it looks like it morphed into a discussion about us. But I don't think it started out that way.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #79
LonghornDub

This is such a superior board to the DB.com board in just about every way, it's not even really worth discussing further.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #80
Underdog

Quote:
3 pages about us???

So I can assume that KillerLeft isn't the same guy as ChefEd, considering he said:

Quote:
Why spend so much time on this forum discussing what happens on another forum?
But then again, I gotta wonder what turned his attention to this board in the first place...

Oh, and it's not like we got our panties in a bunch about the DUST Chip nearly as bad as the DB.com folks did - those guys were crucifying Fish over there! (and for the record, I think Fish is a decent source of Mavs news - I read his page a couple times a week, despite his shtick...)

Last edited by Underdog; 09-07-2010 at 04:55 PM.

Tags
fish n chips, fish=dust exaggerator, fluff?