Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-03-2010, 11:37 PM   #41
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Dang dirks arm got mugged on that last shot. Pretty good way of playing him by harrington however I thought. Instead of going "into" his arm, he went up his arm, that is why there was an airball. Should have been two shots...Mavs really almost shot themselves in the foot I thought by running the clock down so low every possession.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2010, 11:38 PM   #42
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
1 out of 1 Cadbanes disagree with you.
Kind of makes you wish BanBane was here so we could rub it in, eh?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:44 PM   #43
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
#3 in PA, #1 in your hearts.
Not only that, but we're not letting any individual players go off on us either...

Top scorers against:

Tyrus Thomas - 22
Rudy Gay - 21
OJ Mayo - 20
Carmelo Anthony - 20

We were a team without an identity last season - I think we're starting to develop one....

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #44
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I can't see JJ being totally phased out, if he is then that's telling us something wonderful is happening out of DoJo, Roddy and Jet.

I think if Jones can start finishing at the basket, that'll help with his confidence. He's getting there, he's just not figuring out how to adjust his finish. It's like he's doing the opposite, planning for a big when they're not there or compensating for a physical bump but it's not there either.

I honestly don't have a problem with Jet getting the PG minutes, we know he has his faults but he's show some slight improvements defensively so far. Jones and/or Marion will be able to work with him as well.
Yeah, JJ getting phased out is probably wishful thinking on my part, but I'd sure like for it to happen. JJ wouldn't be quite a problem if we didn't have two undersized shooting guards on our team, but unfortunately you need to have Roddy and Terry on the court for 48 minutes between the two of them. In my opinion, those two are our second and third best scoring options so you need one of them on the court at all times. However, we obviously want to avoid combining them together or with Barea so that we don't end up mismatched against the opposing shooting guard.

Dojo would solve that. The problem right now is that I believe Carlisle is afraid to play him because he hasn't shown any sort of scoring ability. I'm still holding out hope just because I thought he had such a great feel for scoring off the drive in summer league. So maybe he can adjust to the rigors of the NBA game and become a contributor off the bench. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one because I think he'd solve several problems.

I suppose we could always play a stretch of small ball with Terry and Roddy together and hope they unleash havoc on the offensive end to make up for the defensive problems created by the duo. If the other team has an offensively challenged shooting guard, we'd probably get away with it.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:47 PM   #45
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Kind of makes you wish BanBane was here so we could rub it in, eh?
Woah woah woah... what are you guys talking about? CadBane never bashed Tyson... He just stated facts. You know, like how Chandler is "junk" and has a bad attitude, and can't catch a pass.

If you guys don't see it then you're obviously not delusional enough.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:50 PM   #46
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We were a team without an identity last season - I think we're starting to develop one....
I'm beginning to wonder myself if we aren't developing an identity. In our depression about what the DUST chip didn't land us, we may have severely underrated what it did land us.

It's early, but I'm seeing some promise here. I'll be interested to see what our points allowed per 100 possessions looks like tomorrow when it's updated.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:03 AM   #47
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Yeah, JJ getting phased out is probably wishful thinking on my part, but I'd sure like for it to happen. JJ wouldn't be quite a problem if we didn't have two undersized shooting guards on our team, but unfortunately you need to have Roddy and Terry on the court for 48 minutes between the two of them. In my opinion, those two are our second and third best scoring options so you need one of them on the court at all times. However, we obviously want to avoid combining them together or with Barea so that we don't end up mismatched against the opposing shooting guard.

Dojo would solve that. The problem right now is that I believe Carlisle is afraid to play him because he hasn't shown any sort of scoring ability. I'm still holding out hope just because I thought he had such a great feel for scoring off the drive in summer league. So maybe he can adjust to the rigors of the NBA game and become a contributor off the bench. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one because I think he'd solve several problems.

I suppose we could always play a stretch of small ball with Terry and Roddy together and hope they unleash havoc on the offensive end to make up for the defensive problems created by the duo. If the other team has an offensively challenged shooting guard, we'd probably get away with it.
I wouldn't say Carlisle is afraid to use him, before tonight he was averaging about 10 minutes/game. Who seriously thought he would be getting THAT many minutes to start the season? Sure, there was the room with Roddy not playing, but there are options like giving Butler a few extra minutes...leading to Jones being closer to 4-5 minutes.

I really believe the execution on offense is really igniting the defense. They're being opportunistic with their running/transition offense and it's clicking right now. If you're able to execute in the halfcourt, it's a heck of a lot easier to place yourself where you want to be on defense. The zone defense doesn't look as chaotic as he has been in the past year or so as well.

Oh, and Chandler was seen as "subtle" move but it's a move that has potential to pay off in a big way. The guy looks healthy and he's got a lot of things going for him: chip on his shoulder to prove he can still play, carrot dangling in front of him (contract year), Kidd setting him up, on a viable team.
Who misses Dampier now?
Old 11-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #48
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
In our depression about what the DUST chip didn't land us, we may have severely underrated what it did land us.
Memories are short.

Remember when Chandler kicked our ass in the playoffs? We have that guy...

Old 11-04-2010, 12:16 AM   #49
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Tyson Chandler was huge and is going to be huge the rest of the way. I've seen nothing but awesomeness from him. One thing I did notice was when Wood threw down his put back dunk, Chandler was the loudest one cheering him on from the bench. Thought that was pretty awesome.

I don't usually bust JJB's balls but he sure did suck it up tonight. But to be fair, the whole team played fairly sloppy in the 1st half; mainly the 2nd quarter.

Overall sexy win, I'm more than pumped this season has gotten underway and cant wait for the next game on Saturday.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:27 AM   #50
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Dang dirks arm got mugged on that last shot. Pretty good way of playing him by harrington however I thought. Instead of going "into" his arm, he went up his arm, that is why there was an airball. Should have been two shots...
this AND reviewing the shotclock "violation".

Seriously? Not catching this in the reviewing?

Getting almost screw over like on that A.Wright non-call...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:30 AM   #51
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Sorry, that was wrong
on the contrary
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:05 AM   #52
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

It was an interesting game - 1 pt difference...The difference between the current "great game" vs. several pages of Mav fans slitting their wrists and saying the season is over.

Someone mentioned Terry as taking some load of T-rex armed JJB...He had some good shooting, but his IQ and turnovers have awfull lately, especially in critical situations. Dirk had several evil glares towards Terry last night after some stupid turnovers.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:20 AM   #53
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I will enjoy this board so much more when JJ Barea is no longer on the team. This has surpassed Damp levels of overboard criticism.

I'm not even defending him, really. He hasn't been very good for the past year or so. But not every team has the luxury of having all of their bench players be good. Sometimes you have to get by. Hell I thought he played pretty darn well last night. But people want to sit around and nitpick what the eighth guy in our rotation is doing wrong. What a beating.

Oh, and seriously, STOP quoting individual game +/- as if it's some sort of proof that a player played well or poorly. Seriously, stop it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 11-04-2010 at 08:21 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:43 AM   #54
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I will enjoy this board so much more when JJ Barea is no longer on the team. This has surpassed Damp levels of overboard criticism.

I'm not even defending him, really. He hasn't been very good for the past year or so. But not every team has the luxury of having all of their bench players be good. Sometimes you have to get by. Hell I thought he played pretty darn well last night. But people want to sit around and nitpick what the eighth guy in our rotation is doing wrong. What a beating.

Oh, and seriously, STOP quoting individual game +/- as if it's some sort of proof that a player played well or poorly. Seriously, stop it.
Ding Ding Ding... THIS!

Old 11-04-2010, 08:43 AM   #55
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Agree with every word, although I'd go a step further and say that probably no team has the luxury of all their bench players being good.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:44 AM   #56
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

You gotta just work past the jjb hatred. It will not stop until a new whipping boy is found. That being said, he continues to be very erratic. He really is being asked to provide too much offense.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 11-04-2010, 08:50 AM   #57
Funkman

Funkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to all

Is he being asked to provide the offense or run the offense? Sometimes he doesn't seem to focus on the later too much. A lot of dribbling around and killing the shot clock.
Funkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:54 AM   #58
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
I am tired of the Barea bashing that goes around here. Every year there has to be one guy Mavs fan need to hate, is that it?
I usually like to have someone.... antoine walker, nick van exel, eddie najera, Jerry Pre-Cambrian Man Stackhouse ...I might be forgetting a few, but yeah, I like to have someone to hate.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #59
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1 out of 1 Cadbanes disagree with you.
There are more than just him who will eat some crow about Chandler, but at least people see the light now. (knocks on wood for his health)

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:43 AM   #60
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
There are more than just him who will eat some crow about Chandler, but at least people see the light now. (knocks on wood for his health)
Nice.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #61
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Is it too early to start the Dirk for MVP campaign? Because his awesomeness has been on display early and often.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:00 AM   #62
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
Is it too early to start the Dirk for MVP campaign? Because his awesomeness has been on display early and often.
26.5 PPG, 9.8 RPG and shooting 60% through 4 games.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:03 AM   #63
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
He's been playing at a rarely seen energy level so far this season. Last night he was even playing passing lanes for deflections and he got up pretty good to throw down a monster dunk....that he unfortunately missed.

He's got a hop in his step for sure.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:11 AM   #64
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Quote:
He's been playing at a rarely seen energy level so far this season. Last night he was even playing passing lanes for deflections and he got up pretty good to throw down a monster dunk....that he unfortunately missed.

Maybe he knows that Cuban is working a trade for Steve Nash as our back-up/starting point guard....
Old 11-04-2010, 10:12 AM   #65
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Headband power.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 11-04-2010 at 10:12 AM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:13 AM   #66
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:

so far he plays very good.Maybe he has a chance on win MVP.We will see what will be next.I believe he can give us a NBA Championship

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:14 AM   #67
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:

My goodness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEtWt8pJkc8

Old 11-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #68
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

What with PG problem.This is very sad but we have this problem.When Kidd is on the court I see his create vision.When he's siting on the bench suddenly we're playing bad basketball!!!When Barea is on the court.We have big problem.Our skills fall down.This is bad for us.So new PG player why not!!!

Old 11-04-2010, 10:33 AM   #69
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Damn it. I am really sorry I missed this game after reading through this thread.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:53 AM   #70
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkman View Post
Is he being asked to provide the offense or run the offense? Sometimes he doesn't seem to focus on the later too much. A lot of dribbling around and killing the shot clock.
It looks like to me he's being asked to score... Just my take. If he's not then the rest of the group is some incompetent sorts...And probably are..

Haywood- not really
marion - his wheels are OFF
dj- ???
caron- should be lighting it up
jjb..

Only when jet is out there is there another person who seems able to take the ball and do something with it.

I actually would probably force jjb to give it to one of those guys and see what happens, unfortuantely we are seeing it.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #71
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

The JJB hate is gonna skyrocket since Cadbane is gone!

JJB has good one on one defensive position and he knows how to sell a call. On the other hand even tho his positioning is good smart players can just pop shots over him or drive on him without pushing off and then pull up and shoot over him. There's just nothing he can do. I don't think he would be harped on as much if he didn't turn the ball over as much or actually saw the open looks more often on the floor.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #72
41mvp
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Damn it. I am really sorry I missed this game after reading through this thread.
you missed great game!!!

Old 11-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #73
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
underrated player of the game = TC. I absolutely LOVE what he brings to this teams defensive intensity.
Underrated by whom?

He has been a great addition! How nice to have an athletic big man with some heart!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #74
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Where's that picture of Barea trying to contest Jason Richardson's three but his hand didn't reach higher than J-Rich's drawstring? The same thing happened with Melo's three late in the game last night.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 11-04-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #75
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

he started last season this way too. with hop in his step and we were talking MVP around here.
injuries hit, and the lack of depth (esp. w/ T.Thomas leaving & Carlisle's perverse insistence to not play Roddy) kind of ground Dirk down.
hopefully Roddy can relieve some pressure when he's back, but it still takes a herculean effort by Dirk most nights to win. Caron Butler STILL does not seem comfortable out there and Jet is Jet. where else is this team going to get scoring from? hence Barea. sad as it may seem, we actually need what he brings out there most nights. even with Roddy we're short a scorer IMHO, unless Roddy's presence truly makes everyone else better by creating better opportunities and by bumping them down the pecking order a notch.

but this team can really use another guy who can create a mismatch, that draws other team's defenders and can get to the rim. Caron just doesnt seem to be able to get that separation.
against a team playing tight aggressive defense like Memphis was the other night it devolves into contested jump-shot time.

with Chandler and the improved interior defense, this team isnt too far off. if Roddy comes back 100% and we can swap our assets for a legit swingman and back-up point guard we're right there in it.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #76
mac222b
Diamond Member

btw what horrible body language by Melo last night. he's so obviously one foot out the door. they should make that deal for Favors if given the chance again.

makes one so thankful to have Dirk to root for

that and Afflalo has turned into a really nice two-way player. Denver has some nice depth if and when they get their 3 big guys back

Last edited by mac222b; 11-04-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #77
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Denver has some nice depth if and when they get their 3 big guys back
this only makes last night's win less impressive...but still, I'll never besmirch a W in Denver.

thats right, I said "besmirch".

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-04-2010, 02:05 PM   #78
sike
The Preacha

I agree that the JJB hate can get overbearing at times...BUT DANG IT!

Old 11-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #79
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
this only makes last night's win less impressive...but still, I'll never besmirch a W in Denver.

thats right, I said "besmirch".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrm-rPSCIBw

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #80
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
this only makes last night's win less impressive...
We didn't have Roddy either, so it's not like we were full-strength.

(imagine less Barea in last night's game...)

Last edited by Underdog; 11-04-2010 at 02:14 PM.