Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #81
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Uhh, they just kinda talked about how he is gonna bring a ring to Dallas if it's the last thing he ever does (this season). He said that he is here to take over for Dirk when he retires which is hopefully soon because it's his time to shine. He blasted Cuban and R.C. while saying Damp is weaksauce and shouldn't compete for any of his minutes. He said Jho and Marion were faking injuries because they can't hang on his level of play and it will be painfully obvious on the court. Just dominated the interview and made Norm quit and walked right out of the studio.
HA!! Fake rep to you!
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2009, 03:39 PM   #82
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Sry. The interview didn't have a whole lot of meat to it. He was a funny easy going guy and seems to view things on the positive in general. They briefly went over his history as a ball player from high school to now and how many teams he has gone thru and who all he has played with along the way. He said he is working toward a longer term contract here when the time comes if there is room for him. He feels comfortable with the team and thinks we have potential to do big things.

Not exact words but it's the quick version of what I took from it.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:40 PM   #83
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
He came across as highly intelligent, funny, and very hungry to win.
Thanks man, you are too kind

Old 11-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #84
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

He chucked up a lot of stupid shots last night...

First time I really missed Damp

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:45 PM   #85
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
He chucked up a lot of stupid shots last night...

6-11 for 14pts, 12rebs, 3 blocks.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:49 PM   #86
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
6-11 for 14pts, 12rebs, 3 blocks.
thanks for the stat line.

The point is that in the actual game, he threw up a lot of stupid shots. He was known for empty stats when he came here.

BEAT LA
Old 11-25-2009, 12:57 PM   #87
SMC0007
Guru

Sike:

jizzactly, thank goodens for Gooden especially while Damp is out.

Last edited by SMC0007; 11-25-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:57 PM   #88
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
thanks for the stat line.

The point is that in the actual game, he threw up a lot of stupid shots. He was known for empty stats when he came here.
Except that his stats haven't been empty so far. Without him, we at the very least don't win against Mil and SA. He made big baskets in those games.

You really think his stats have been empty so far? Really?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:16 PM   #89
badfish22
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Except that his stats haven't been empty so far. Without him, we at the very least don't win against Mil and SA. He made big baskets in those games.

You really think his stats have been empty so far? Really?
Christ....

People are so sensitize around here to criticism. I said it was the FIRST time I missed Damp. Gooden played GREAT agaisnt Detroit, MIL and SA.

Just last night I thought he put up a lot of stupid shots.

Alright? Dont cry, its gonna be OK.

BEAT LA
Old 11-25-2009, 01:21 PM   #90
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Gooden looked like he was the only person interested out there. Including the dirkster to be honest...maybe dirk was just shocked that they sucked so badly.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:30 PM   #91
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Christ....

People are so sensitize around here to criticism. I said it was the FIRST time I missed Damp. Gooden played GREAT agaisnt Detroit, MIL and SA.

Just last night I thought he put up a lot of stupid shots.

Alright? Dont cry, its gonna be OK.
Think about that reaction and tell me who the sensitive one is.

You said in general that Gooden is known to have empty stats. I assumed you mean't that as a whole, including his time as a Mav.

You can breath now .

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #92
badfish22
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Think about that reaction and tell me who the sensitive one is.

You said in general that Gooden is known to have empty stats. I assumed you mean't that as a whole, including his time as a Mav.

You can breath now .
All I said was that he threw up some bad shots, and that I missed Damp. People kinda over reacted.

And Gooden was known to have empty states when he came here, at least thats what people said.

BEAT LA
Old 11-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #93
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Gooden looked like he was the only person interested out there. Including the dirkster to be honest...maybe dirk was just shocked that they sucked so badly.
agreed.

Gooden is the one person on this team that I have yet to see slack off in the hustle dept. He hasn't logged the minutes some of the others have but he is bringing it.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #94
dude1394
Guru

Interesting...and I had not noticed it, I'll have to watch more closely. I thought 0.17 was pretty horrible (and it still seems to be ) until I looked at a few more on the mavs. This writer may just have something against drew because it's not out of line with other players who are expected to shoot it.
Dampier, Humphries - 0.4
Ross - 0.2

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.c...fancy-passing/
Quote:
Mavericks’ Gooden Doesn’t Fancy Passing

By BENJAMIN HOFFMAN In his long N.B.A. career, Jason Kidd, the Dallas Mavericks point guard, has proved to be among the best rebounding point guards, one of only three players, along with Magic Johnson and Oscar Robertson, to record 100 or more triple-doubles.
Kidd has yet to record one this season but has come close on several occasions. Even at his relatively advanced age of 36, Kidd is still a threat, unlike his teammate Drew Gooden, who may be the least likely starter in the N.B.A. to record a triple-double.
Gooden’s averages of 9.2 points and 7.6 rebounds are somewhat misleading because he joined the Dallas starting lineup Nov. 15. In the seven games since, he has averaged 12.4 points and 10.9 rebounds through Friday, with four double-doubles. Yet the closest he came to a triple-double was in his first game as a starter, when he had 11 points, 11 rebounds and an assist.
Never having been much of a threat to pass the ball, with a career average of 1.1 assists, Gooden has taken his lack of distribution up (down?) a notch. That assist was one of only two this season, an average of 0.17 a game.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:49 PM   #95
badfish22
Golden Member

Quote:
And last night was the second time I really missed Damp...

BEAT LA
Old 11-29-2009, 10:25 PM   #96
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Interesting...and I had not noticed it, I'll have to watch more closely. I thought 0.17 was pretty horrible (and it still seems to be ) until I looked at a few more on the mavs. This writer may just have something against drew because it's not out of line with other players who are expected to shoot it.
Dampier, Humphries - 0.4
Ross - 0.2

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.c...fancy-passing/
Yeah, I don't see any reason at all for concern here. They don't run any plays for Gooden where he posts high and has an option to send it to a slasher. Basically all he can do is shoot or give it back when he posts, and there is no good reason to give it to him with his face to the basket unless he is going to immediately drive or shoot.

For a lot of guys like Gooden, if they get an assist it is merely a happy accident.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:00 AM   #97
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Gooden is what he is, which is inconsistently solid. So people might want to tap the breaks on his next 18/12 or 2/2 game.

Last edited by CadBane; 11-30-2009 at 12:00 AM.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:10 AM   #98
Emjo21

Emjo21 is on a distinguished road

Gooden's more of a scorer, you really can't expect him to defend like Damp does. Especially against Shaqs.
Emjo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #99
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Gooden is what he is, which is inconsistently solid. So people might want to tap the breaks on his next 18/12 or 2/2 game.
You might wanna slam the breaks on a lot of stuff.

He is what he is? wtf.. inconsistently solid. Why even say inconsistent? Why can't he just be solid? Who is consistent here aside from Dirk? Why can't he just be inconsistent? Because you know he's a good player... but no, you have to find something to cadbane about

Old 12-04-2009, 08:46 AM   #100
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Got a chance to catch up with Drew Gooden, one of my favorite NBA personalities. Drew was talking with Beaubois and James Singleton about Europe. I asked what his favorite European city was.

“Holland,” he replied.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extra p's in tags, premature threadulation, thread diarrhea, thread pass