Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-16-2009, 10:22 AM   #1
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Drew Gooden appreciation thread

Too soon?

He is gonna help this team tremendously!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2009, 11:01 AM   #2
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for shaving.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #3
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on board. His offense is so much better than I thought that I care a lot less about his defense. And that has somewhat impressed me too. He is a decent man defender just a poor helpside one. Oh well, you can't have everything. Offensively he can be relied on when needed. He carried the team in the first half against Detroit. He can also fill stats in areas that aren't his strengths, like the four steals against the Grizzlies. Nice to see that when you have a somewhat subpar game.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I'm on board. His offense is so much better than I thought that I care a lot less about his defense. And that has somewhat impressed me too. He is a decent man defender just a poor helpside one. Oh well, you can't have everything. Offensively he can be relied on when needed. He carried the team in the first half against Detroit. He can also fill stats in areas that aren't his strengths, like the four steals against the Grizzlies. Nice to see that when you have a somewhat subpar game.
understatement he refuses to step in, that being said I agree with what you have to say his offense is going to be a nice addition to the team
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #5
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
understatement he refuses to step in, that being said I agree with what you have to say his offense is going to be a nice addition to the team
Remember though that help-side often means that the second defender has to be there because the first defender couldn't cover his man. An example of this happened last night when Dirk couldn't cover his man and Gooden didn't really do anything to help once the man got by. This probably will be the achilles heal of the team when those two are out there. However, I'd like to see as much accountability on the first defender that let their man drive on them, whoever that may be. If Dirk or Kidd or whoever can't cover their man then they are as much to blame. This is why I'm getting a little tired of the constant nagging on Gooden's defense since there are other players on the team with defensive deficiencies.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #6
Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 is on a distinguished road

How old is Drew Gooden???
Mavericknyc1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:35 PM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericknyc1980 View Post
How old is Drew Gooden???
The answer you seek is in this video...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:05 PM   #8
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

UD, that was lame.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #9
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
UD, that was lame.
Lamer than not looking up Drew Gooden's age on Google?

Last edited by Underdog; 10-18-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:02 PM   #10
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Murph appreciates this appreciation thread one bit.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I don't think Murph appreciates this appreciation thread one bit.
We'll probably get away with it, because most of the time Murph is busy...sucking a d.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:40 PM   #12
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Time to light up the thread !
Old 11-16-2009, 10:42 PM   #13
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Gooden played just how he should. Scrappy around hte basket, getting tip ins, getting boards. Great game for him.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:42 PM   #14
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Yep. Lotsa posters 'round here need to be eatin' some crow.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:48 PM   #15
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

He played really well. He was amazing.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #16
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Well he sure came out of his shell tonight, big time. Happy he had a great game, but he must continue to play that well. Hope he does, regardless when damp comes back.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:28 PM   #17
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
damn right. Lap it up people.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #18
Underdog

Quote:
I'll eat a heapin' helpin' if he can play like he did tonight with any consistency (<--- key word...)

Last edited by Underdog; 11-16-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:31 PM   #19
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to see the PoTC beard return.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:31 PM   #20
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

My position hasn't changed. When his head is in the game, he contributes. When it isn't, his mind wanders and he'll do stuff like walk around out of bounds for no reason.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:08 AM   #21
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I'll eat a heapin' helpin' if he can play like he did tonight with any consistency (<--- key word...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
My position hasn't changed. When his head is in the game, he contributes. When it isn't, his mind wanders and he'll do stuff like walk around out of bounds for no reason.
Ditto both of these remarks. Further, I'm going to say that I'm still a long way away from eating any crow. We've had several players play isolated good games from time to time (remember when Croshere dropped 34 on the Sonics?). My problem with Gooden was never that he doesn't ever play well, it's that he is far too inconsistent for his level of talent.

Like I said in the GDT, if, over the rest of the season, he plays this well once every handful of games and doesn't play like an asshole in the majority of the other games, I will retract everything I said about him.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:33 AM   #22
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
if he plays this well once every handful of games and doesn't play like an asshole in the majority of the other games, I will retract everything I said about him.
this is very fair for a guy who when Damp is healthy will only be playing half the game.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:04 AM   #23
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He had a great game. I'm very happy about that. I never said the guy didn't have talent. But he's a knucklehead and is known to be incredibly inconsistent.

If you expect him to start rolling out games like this on a consistent basis you're going to be sorely disappointed.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 11-17-2009 at 08:22 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:26 AM   #24
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
He had a great game. I'm very happy about that. I never said the guy didn't have talent. But he's a knucklehead and is known to be incredibly inconsistent.

If you expect him to start rolling out games like this on a consistent basis you're going to be sorely disappointed.
It's the expectations that are flat-out ridiculous. If Gooden doesn't have a game like last night, then everyone thinks he sucks.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 11-17-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:59 AM   #25
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's the expectations that are flat-out ridiculous. If Gooden doesn't have a game like last night, then everyone thinks he sucks.
Well I can't speak for everyone but I certainly don't feel that way. But before the last two games, he HAS sucked. Horribly.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 11-17-2009, 10:11 AM   #26
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
while I agree about the frequency of such a high quality game, I would also offer that he will not be getting so many minutes except on rare occasions when Damp is either out or the match up demands that Damp sit.

I wouldn't be surprised if he could average 12 and 8 and a block and a half per for this team given starters minutes. Which I would be happy with.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-17-2009, 11:49 AM   #27
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

Since when have we ever had consistency at the center position around here? I can't remember. The expectations of Damp are so damn low it would blow peoples mind if he had a game like that. The only thing he does consistently is set great picks and grab some boards. Now that isn't the only things he can do, but its the only things he brings consistently.

I just hope that the minutes between them are managed to get the best from both of them, and roll with whos hot. I can't complain about either one of them this season.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:53 AM   #28
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Since when have we ever had consistency at the center position around here? I can't remember. The expectations of Damp are so damn low it would blow peoples mind if he had a game like that. The only thing he does consistently is set great picks and grab some boards. Now that isn't the only things he can do, but its the only things he brings consistently.

I just hope that the minutes between them are managed to get the best from both of them, and roll with whos hot. I can't complain about either one of them this season.
Damp plays very good post defense.

Old 11-17-2009, 12:22 PM   #29
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll stop blocking out the fact that we acquired this guy once he starts averaging a double-double for the season, how about that?
Old 11-17-2009, 12:24 PM   #30
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post

As Sike already noted, what Damp does very consistently (other than rebound) is play quality defense in the post. Not only on his man (assuming it's a good matchup, which is not nearly as rare as people make it out to be), but also as a help side defender.

And it just so happens that this is the very most important aspect for a center on this team, for most matchups.

So what Damp does well, he does consistently well.

My low view of Gooden is rooted in my opinion that he's a very inconsistent (and often very inefficient) scorer, and that's what he's supposed to bring to the table that makes him a better matchup than Damp in certain situations.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #31
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
As Sike already noted, what Damp does very consistently (other than rebound) is play quality defense in the post. Not only on his man (assuming it's a good matchup, which is not nearly as rare as people make it out to be), but also as a help side defender.

And it just so happens that this is the very most important aspect for a center on this team, for most matchups.

So what Damp does well, he does consistently well.

My low view of Gooden is rooted in my opinion that he's a very inconsistent (and often very inefficient) scorer, and that's what he's supposed to bring to the table that makes him a better matchup than Damp in certain situations.

What you get from Damp is different from game to game depending on who we're playing. What he can do well can be considered consistent but the effect that it has on every game is going to vary depending on matchups and possibly if he needs a new contract or not.

What Gooden should bring to the table should be more about staying in front of Nene types out on the floor than providing offense. That is where Damp struggles. The type of offense that Gooden provided last night was great with exception of a bad shot or two, but hey everyone takes a few of those every night. I don't think he was out of control for two consecutive games now, which has been a worry of mine about him.

What they each bring is a nice balance that makes up a great center. It's just too bad it takes two guys to do it.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:50 AM   #32
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Mmmm crow, num num num.

So those who said he sucks look like pretty big idiots right now.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:54 AM   #33
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Gooden's making me eat my words...... and my words taste like jelly beans! Go Gooden! Gooooooooooooooooo........
Old 11-19-2009, 01:02 AM   #34
Underdog

Still looking for more consistency - if he's still producing like this in a month I'll eat the fattest crow you can find...

Old 11-19-2009, 01:09 AM   #35
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Still looking for more consistency - if he's still producing like this in a month I'll eat the fattest crow you can find...
The problem with that argument is the fact that Damp will eventually take some minutes from him. I think both Gooden and Damp suffer from a lack of consistency that seems wane when one of them is injured. It definitely seems like Gooden is a better 30 minute player then he is a 19 minute one.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:20 AM   #36
sike
The Preacha

I like being at least somewhat right on this one...

Old 11-19-2009, 03:42 AM   #37
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm starting to like Drew more and more. I think it was against the pistons or bucks. JJB went for a layup and got hammered by someone. There was an open mic when Drew went to give JJB a hand up. He said "I'll f*** him up for you next time".

Made me smile...

edit: Now I recall the particulars. It was against Minnesota and the player was Brian Cardinal.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 11-19-2009 at 07:11 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:30 AM   #38
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Gooden is showing exactly why they got him.

He is able to score 20 around the basket when we miss main players or when the shoters are stonecold. Same time he can play way better the 5 than Bass could.

His defense is nothing great, but not bad either. He knows since Damps great start into the season that he wont get minutes if he doesnt play his ass off in defense.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:17 AM   #39
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Mmmm crow, num num num.

So those who said he sucks look like pretty big idiots right now.
This is so tiresome. Were you eating crow after he sucked for three games? No? So why are we eating crow after he's been great for three games?

Consistency. That's what we need.

Having said that, there's no doubt he's been darn good these last few games. Most importantly, he's contributed defensively and the team hasn't gotten killed at the rim when he's been in the game.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #40
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
This is so tiresome. Were you eating crow after he sucked for three games? No? So why are we eating crow after he's been great for three games?

Consistency. That's what we need.

Having said that, there's no doubt he's been darn good these last few games. Most importantly, he's contributed defensively and the team hasn't gotten killed at the rim when he's been in the game.
Erick Dampier is the most inconsistent player to play in the NBA in the last four years so you can eat your consistency bs for breakfast.

Tags
extra p's in tags, premature threadulation, thread diarrhea, thread pass