Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-27-2011, 11:17 AM   #81
Blackspider

Blackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I motorboated the hell out of some chic sitting behind me after that play. The place was absolutely electric.. everyone was clapping/cheering/dancing/hugging..
LMAO! Were they nice ones??

Where were you at? Me and my 3 friends were in plat level, 220 section. So we saw the shot coming towards us. I knew it was money when it left his hand. I could just tell. We were all standing at that time anyways. As the shot went up, I leaned on my friend to the left and when it dropped, we all started hugging. Turning around, hugging anyone around us and just slapping folks like crazy. It was something I'll never forget.

The funny thing was, after Dirk hit that shot, and the TO was over, OKC was going back down the floor and my stupid waitress coming over to me asking me to close my tab out. I'm like lady, can you please come back after the game??!!!
Blackspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2011, 11:41 AM   #82
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

of course being in the building changes a moment for an individual. But the and-1 is still a better moment overall.

That waitress should be fired! WTF?
Old 05-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #83
Blackspider

Blackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
of course being in the building changes a moment for an individual. But the and-1 is still a better moment overall.

That waitress should be fired! WTF?
Yeah it was horrible. She gave me 2 tabs and said one is mine and the other is someone else's down the row. So I look down that way, hold it up and no one claimed it. I said can you point to whose this is and she's like i dunno.

All of this happening right after OKC is bringing the ball up down by 1 after their TO. I finally got fed up and told her to come back after the game that I'm not missing any of this.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:02 PM   #84
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, i'm sure she didn't want someone bailing on their tab, so it's probably policy to settle before the game is over... But have a little bit of a sense for the moment, though!
Old 05-27-2011, 12:13 PM   #85
Blackspider

Quote:
I mean, i'm sure she didn't want someone bailing on their tab, so it's probably policy to settle before the game is over... But have a little bit of a sense for the moment, though!
Yeah she told me that but she finally gave in. I'm like look lady, I spent over $1,000 on these tickets, I'm not bailing on a little $25 tab. You can even stand right on the aisle and watch. I told her we are definitely not leaving when we win the West. We are savioring the moment.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:26 AM   #86
PlanoMavs74

PlanoMavs74 is a jewel in the roughPlanoMavs74 is a jewel in the roughPlanoMavs74 is a jewel in the rough

anyone have the shot/photo of when Dirk was walking back with his hands up and the green "DIRK" letters were held up in the crowd? thanks!
PlanoMavs74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:58 AM   #87
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanoMavs74 View Post
anyone have the shot/photo of when Dirk was walking back with his hands up and the green "DIRK" letters were held up in the crowd? thanks!
I would like this photo as well. Instant classic.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:21 AM   #88
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:31 PM   #89
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Underdog provided the picture...buy hey...what about reliving the moment in HD?!?...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j75f7WQ0xbU&hd=1

Dirk is freaking amazing!
Old 05-30-2011, 03:29 PM   #90
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Old 05-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #91
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
The only thing that could make that pic better is if the whole crowd was doing the same hand sign as Dirk. That would look epic.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:19 PM   #92
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

i love you,Dirk.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #93
jetron26
Banned

jetron26 can only hope to improve
Default Watch Live Stream - Dallas vs Miami - Game 1

watch live - Dallas Mavericks vs Miami Heat!!

click here: http://nba-livestream.blogspot.com

happy watching..

enjoy!
jetron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:18 PM   #94
robo98564

robo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of light

DELETED

Last edited by robo98564; 05-31-2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: wrong thread
robo98564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:08 PM   #95
Blackspider

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
The only thing that could make that pic better is if the whole crowd was doing the same hand sign as Dirk. That would look epic.
If that's him doing the sign for 3, that's not natural for me to do. I do it with starting with my pinky instead of the thumb.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:50 PM   #96
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackspider View Post
If that's him doing the sign for 3, that's not natural for me to do. I do it with starting with my pinky instead of the thumb.
There's a scene in Inglorious Basterds where an English spy posing as a German officer gives himself away when he asks for three glasses of scotch and holds up his index, middle and ring fingers. That's the English way signal to three, explains the hot female double agent. The German way to signal "three" is to hold out one's thumb, index finger and middle finger.

Dirk....German 3.

Last edited by alexamenos; 05-31-2011 at 04:00 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:17 PM   #97
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Blackspider does the 3-point goggles, a la stevenson.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:19 PM   #98
Blackspider

Quote:
Blackspider does the 3-point goggles, a la stevenson.
I actually have did that before after hitting a 3 in pickup games.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:14 PM   #99
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

So, where does tonight's three rate?

Personally, I thought it was kind of like witnessing a man walk on water...

That lefty-hook to seal the deal rates up there too!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:17 PM   #100
Blackspider

Terry's stupid ass defense almostr ruined this 3. But Dirk said fuck the Heat and made up for it.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:17 PM   #101
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

This has the potential to displace the three point play. Depends on what happens the rest of the series.

But I had mist in my eyes at the end of this one. I really did. Because five minutes earlier I felt like the season was over.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:26 PM   #102
john cage bubblegum

john cage bubblegum is a glorious beacon of lightjohn cage bubblegum is a glorious beacon of lightjohn cage bubblegum is a glorious beacon of lightjohn cage bubblegum is a glorious beacon of lightjohn cage bubblegum is a glorious beacon of lightjohn cage bubblegum is a glorious beacon of lightjohn cage bubblegum is a glorious beacon of light

i just can't state how awesome is to be able to bump this thread, except that this 3 was even better.
john cage bubblegum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:27 PM   #103
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

I was screaming, lost my voice.. then was in utter shock we let them get that 3 to tie.
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:30 PM   #104
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder how wilbon feels to be so wrong about so much.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:31 PM   #105
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

What did the announcers or anyone say about that obvious goaltend?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:35 PM   #106
Blackspider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Wonder how wilbon feels to be so wrong about so much.
I seriously wonder how he even has a job discussing basketball. Does he know anything about it or has any ties to it?

It's like Tony Fuckheiser calling MNF
Old 06-02-2011, 11:36 PM   #107
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

That 3 was my favorite sports moment ever. I freaked out.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:22 AM   #108
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
That 3 was my favorite sports moment ever. I freaked out.
For my money, this three was way better than the last one. WAY better.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:25 AM   #109
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I quite literally fell to my knees and buried my face in the carpet.

Little did I know that the worst defensive play in the history of organized professional sports was coming up in the Chalmers three.

But at the moment I was just so incredibly thankful. To Dirk. Always Dirk.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:34 AM   #110
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Agree with Flaco - loved the 3, but terry's lack of brainpower will always be associated with it.

But the lefty game-winning layup (with a hurt left hand) is the obvious play. Wasn't breathing as he made his move.

The differences between dirk and wade are amazing. Dirk - gets teeth knocked out, keeps playing. Plays on sprained ankles all the time. Torn tendon doesn't affect his ambidexterity.

Wade - falls down on every play. Hurts his shoulder and has to leave the floor in a wheelchair.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:51 AM   #111
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Long time lurker, and finally decided to join the forum. I love reading everybody's comments, cause there arent many Mavs fans where I live, so its nice to bond over the love for this team with you guys. Been a Mavs fan since '04 and I have to say:

The Dirk 3/lay up to win the game was utter brilliance. I pick this clutch 3 over all the other Dirk moments simply because it feels like destiny this year. More important. More urgent.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:58 AM   #112
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

this is how it went. i started screaming and shouting with joy. this woke my wife up, who just so happens to have to get up at 5:30 AM and she asked me what was going on. i told her, and eventually this leads to "if the mavs win the championship would it be the happiest day of your life?" and somehow i managed to say the day we got married would still be the happiest day, which was a total crock but i think she bought it because i kept a straight face. then she went back to bed and i started to celebrate.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:00 AM   #113
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Long time lurker, and finally decided to join the forum. I love reading everybody's comments, cause there arent many Mavs fans where I live, so its nice to bond over the love for this team with you guys. Been a Mavs fan since '04 and I have to say:

The Dirk 3/lay up to win the game was utter brilliance. I pick this clutch 3 over all the other Dirk moments simply because it feels like destiny this year. More important. More urgent.
Thanks for joining up. Where you from?
Old 06-03-2011, 01:00 AM   #114
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Ha ha, good recovery, xrobx!

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 06-03-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:01 AM   #115
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
this is how it went. i started screaming and shouting with joy. this woke my wife up, who just so happens to have to get up at 5:30 AM and she asked me what was going on. i told her, and eventually this leads to "if the mavs win the championship would it be the happiest day of your life?" and somehow i managed to say the day we got married would still be the happiest day, which was a total crock but i think she bought it because i kept a straight face. then she went back to bed and i started to celebrate.
Well played, my man. Well played.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:14 AM   #116
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Thanks for joining up. Where you from?
Mobile, Alabama.

About an hour from the beaches in gulf shores.

I assume most of y'all live in and around Texas?
Old 06-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #117
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mobile, Alabama.

a lot are but we're worldwide. even have some german friends reporting in from time to time.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:20 AM   #118
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
a lot are but we're worldwide. even have some german friends reporting in from time to time.
Cool. Well im finally registered and have some folks to run to when anything Mavs go down.

Im still floored by the comeback tonight. I sat in agony not really expecting what transpired. It's do or die time.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:22 AM   #119
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Mobile, Alabama.

Lots of folks from Europe, some important posters from the West and Northwest, others scattered hither and yon, and then us hicks from Texas.

I know the Mobile area, as I have family from there. Good country. I don't guess there is an NBA team for quite a ways away. Probably not a lot of basketball fans in general, I wouldn't think.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:24 AM   #120
Blackspider

Quote:
If I was married with kids and the Mavs win it all, I would tell my wide to her face that this is better than our wedding and tell the kids that this is better than them being born. With a straight face.