Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
Blackspider

Blackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of light
Default When Dirk Hit the 3....

What did you guys do/feel? That was my favorite Mavs moment ever.

Me and 3 friends were in the plat level. Everyone was already standing for the last 4min or so of the game. I remember when he missed it, a big sigh went over the crowd. Then Terry knocked it away, Dirk got it back and when he released it, I was leaning and hugging my friend next to me trying to will it in. When it swished through, I swear I've never went that crazy before ever for anything. We could feel the ground shake it was so loud.

Then the Marion dunk, it went ballistic cuz we all knew it was ours. One of my friends cried a little when we won. She told me she would if she saw it in person. It was just unreal witnessing that last minute in person.

Still have goosebumps!
Blackspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackspider View Post
What did you guys do/feel? That was my favorite Mavs moment ever.
And-1 against the Spurs? (Game 7 in '06)

Quote:
Still have goosebumps!
I second that.

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 05-26-2011 at 11:10 AM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

screamed YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS over and over again.
Nowitzness81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #4
Blackspider

Blackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of light

The And 1 of 06 was my favorite but this trumps it. For me at least.

@ Nowitzness, yeah that was basically me. The whole last minute we were screaming and now my voice is gone, lol! I'll never forget that moment ever again.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #5
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

The bar went crazy....I felt relief...we finally caught them
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #6
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

I punched the air as hard as I could. My family looked at me like i was crazy. Definitely up there in my favorite mavs moments.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

You can probably ask anybody within a mile radius what I did.

(although I have no idea if what I said was even a string of words...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #8
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I came.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #9
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

got excited but two minutes after the game i moved on.

Its still 4 more wins or total bust
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:19 PM   #10
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

This was me.. except I was on my couch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC0rWwlxeks

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #11
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Involuntary ejaculation.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:39 PM   #12
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

Zero reaction whatsoever, other than to get up and go take a piss.
thunderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:47 PM   #13
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Rising pants. It was an optical illusion...

saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #14
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfan View Post
Zero reaction whatsoever, other than to get up and go take a piss.
Dirk will make ya do that...

Old 05-26-2011, 01:31 PM   #15
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Well I knew it was going in...he never misses that second 3 after missing the 1st one, especially on those offensive rebounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoMavs View Post
And-1 against the Spurs? (Game 7 in '06)
That is my number one even still... Back then the Spurs were unstoppable, and no one expected us to beat them, and no one ever expected Dirk to go to the hole as hard as he did, then the And 1 on Ginobli...That's the best.

I expected to beat OKC and I also expected that second 3pointer to go in...maybe 2nd best
Old 05-26-2011, 01:31 PM   #16
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

I was very very happy

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #17
robz
Golden Member

robz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nice

I was at the bar in the city and I punched my friend out of excitement! As soon as he got the ball back and he shot it, I was like 'there's no way dirk misses that two in a row' and band swish!

I LOVE IT!$@$%@
Old 05-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #18
robo98564

robo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav Addict View Post
Well I knew it was going in...he never misses that second 3 after missing the 1st one, especially on those offensive rebounds

That is my number one even still... Back then the Spurs were unstoppable, and no one expected us to beat them, and no one ever expected Dirk to go to the hole as hard as he did, then the And 1 on Ginobli...That's the best.

I expected to beat OKC and I also expected that second 3pointer to go in...maybe 2nd best
Add to it that the And 1 on Ginobli saved our season... This three last night was GREAT and I was screaming and fist pumping, but this game wasn't a "must win".

The And 1 was in the final seconds of a must win Game 7 against our most hated rivals on the road... Up to this point, that is still the most legendary play in Mavs history. Lets hope it gets knocked off in the next week or two.
robo98564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #19
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo98564 View Post
Add to it that the And 1 on Ginobli saved our season... This three last night was GREAT and I was screaming and fist pumping, but this game wasn't a "must win".

The And 1 was in the final seconds of a must win Game 7 against our most hated rivals on the road... Up to this point, that is still the most legendary play in Mavs history. Lets hope it gets knocked off in the next week or two.
This exactly
Old 05-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #20
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yes, the And 1 in '06 is still it for me. Spurs had been such a roadblock for us, it was game 7, we'd grown to DESPISE the spurs (i only really just dislike perkins on the thunder), etc.

but last night's 3 was awesome.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #21
bigox71

bigox71 is on a distinguished road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg1qGTLTzec&feature=fvst
bigox71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:47 PM   #22
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigox71 View Post
+1 Yep thats it...even the man himself said it

I just got goosebumps again watching that and that was 5 years ago

Last edited by Mav Addict; 05-26-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Mav Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #23
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav Addict View Post
+1 Yep thats it...even the man himself said it

I just got goosebumps again watching that and that was 5 years ago
Got goosebumps watching it without sound, and it was 5 years ago...
Old 05-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #24
Blackspider

I like this better than that maybe because I actually experienced this in person and it basically gave us what we needed to get back to the Finals after 4 straight shitty postseasons.

This means a little more because in perspective, we are not a young team anymore and this could very well be our last shot at a title.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #25
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I remember to this day where I was when the and-1 happened. In a Courtyard by Marriott in Chelmsford, Massachusetts (outside boston, was there for new hire training for a new position at my company). Sitting on the edge of the bed just a few feet away from the TV.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #26
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I like this better than that maybe because I actually experienced this in person and it basically gave us what we needed to get back to the Finals after 4 straight shitty postseasons.

This means a little more because in perspective, we are not a young team anymore and this could very well be our last shot at a title.

Yea but repeats happen... wether it's for a championship or WCF. Depending on if there is a lockout Kidd could come back and we could even be stronger... with Caron Butler and perhaps getting something for Roddy.

It's really crazy how little I have heard about how well this team has done with out it's potentially 2nd best player!!

Old 05-26-2011, 04:24 PM   #27
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Only something related to actually winning the championship would ever top the three point play against SA.

And I would say that Dirk hitting the three wasn't even the best moment of the night. Marion's dunk was when I went ape-S crazy and probably woke up my entire house.

But for that three point play against SA...I was at a buddy's house. There were four of us there total, and he lives in a duplex. And we just went absolutely freaking insane. I will never understand how his neighbors never complained during that playoff run. We were there for almost every game, and those Phoenix games went until 1 in the freaking morning.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:32 PM   #28
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

And i'd even give the edge to Kidd's pump-fake 3 in game 4 as the best moment of this series.

But of course Dirk means so much more to all of us so that makes this moment great as well.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 05-26-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #29
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Still have this on my PC

Old 05-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #30
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I'm the only one, but I actually wasn't nearly as excited for Dirk's and-1 as I was later in the game. I really started to lose my sh*t when Stackhouse hit his second shot in OT to put the Mavs up 6.

In retrospect, that was obviously the moment of the game (and of the season), but at the time it just felt like, at best, a chance to tie and make OT, and at worst, leaving the Spurs 20 seconds to go ahead and hit a game-winner.

Old 05-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #31
Blackspider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Maybe I'm the only one, but I actually wasn't nearly as excited for Dirk's and-1 as I was later in the game. I really started to lose my sh*t when Stackhouse hit his second shot in OT to put the Mavs up 6.

In retrospect, that was obviously the moment of the game (and of the season), but at the time it just felt like, at best, a chance to tie and make OT, and at worst, leaving the Spurs 20 seconds to go ahead and hit a game-winner.
That's what I'm saying. The And 1 was great but there was still 20 seconds for the Spurs to win. And then OT you still had to play if lucky.

Diop's offensive rebound with 20 seconds left in OT >>> Dirk's And 1

In retrospect the And 1 was great because we won but the emotion I felt when Dirk hit the 3 compared to the And 1 is not even close.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #32
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's what I'm saying. The And 1 was great but there was still 20 seconds for the Spurs to win. And then OT you still had to play if lucky.

Diop's offensive rebound with 20 seconds left in OT >>> Dirk's And 1

In retrospect the And 1 was great because we won but the emotion I felt when Dirk hit the 3 compared to the And 1 is not even close.
Ya but if Dirk DOESN'T get it, game over.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #33
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

You guys are just wrong, deal with it.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 05-26-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:53 PM   #34
DallasMavericksIn2011

DallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the roughDallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the roughDallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the roughDallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the rough

I yelled "bang!" with Breen when Dirk hit the 3. I was in a state of euphoria.
DallasMavericksIn2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:53 PM   #35
Blackspider

WCF closeout clinching shot to take the lead to propels us to Finals >>> And 1 basket to tie the game in round 2.

But that's just me.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #36
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

It's obviously a personal decision. To me, it was the specific despised opponent who had blocked our path before, game 7, season on the line.

I still love this moment, but like i said earlier, it would actually rank the game 4 kidd 3 slightly higher.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #37
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Ya but if Dirk DOESN'T get it, game over.
That's definitely true, but I don't start my most raucous celebrations until shots that are at least fairly likely to clinch the game. Like I said, definitely the biggest shot (ever) in retrospect, but at the time I was more relieved we still had a chance than wildly celebrating.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #38
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk and 1 and it's not even close. GTFO with Brickhouse's OT jumpers. We had crushed their spirit with that and 1. Down 3 with 20 seconds left? They all but know it's over. That was a momentum epoch in time.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:05 PM   #39
Blackspider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Dirk and 1 and it's not even close. GTFO with Brickhouse's OT jumpers. We had crushed their spirit with that and 1. Down 3 with 20 seconds left? They all but know it's over. That was a momentum epoch in time.
Disagree big time. We may have crushed the fans spirits but that Spurs team won the title the year before and 3 titles in 6 years. They have been around the block and were not crushed. Yes they lost but not because of that reason. They just did not win it at the end.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:06 PM   #40
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
but that Spurs team won the title the year before and 3 titles in 6 years.
THIS is why the and-1 was so huge. thanks for supporting our point.