Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-29-2001, 02:20 PM   #81
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Man, it took you this long to figure that out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2001, 05:19 PM   #82
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

It isn't like it is a revelation. I am just now commenting on it because I can't believe that people on this thread treat them like seperate people.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 05:26 PM   #83
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

bookit, it much less of a hassle that's why. You just treat him like he's two people and actual basketball discussion will occur.
Old 05-29-2001, 07:44 PM   #84
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I think they are two seperate people because of the completely different posting style. murph will disagree with you and will occassionally dismiss your argument if you disagree with him. LAM will not only dismiss your argument but will insult your intelligence (after all you have to be a moron if you disagree with the great LAM). murph has posted 900+ posts without making anyone else so mad they quit the forum. LAM ran off at least 2 regulars. murph has not ever professed to be a stat nut. LAM claimed he was the stat king without bothering to prove himself. Finally, dj said they are not the same person, so that's clinches it to me.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 07:58 PM   #85
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm really not 100% sure they're not the same person (yea the similarities are a bit uhm noticeable), but they do have different ip's and e-mail addresses so for now, I'm going to have to say they're not the same. I've also seen them both logged in from different locations at the same time..
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 02:50 AM   #86
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Well I'm 99% sure because the style is exactly the same- no caps, always starting new lines. When the peron is under murphy he is just a little bit less annoying. But they still both agree exactly on loving Dirk and hating Howard and hating people liking Finley. They both claim to be engaged too. Murphy could just be the account at home, as LAMO was a work account. He could have just left LAMO on at work and gone home. But this is pretty stupid to argue because he won't admit it.
Old 05-30-2001, 08:11 AM   #87
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i don't hate people that like finley at all. I don't dislike Finley. I've said on numerous occassions that i want finley back and I have even been opposed to most of the trades that people have thrown out there for finley. Where you get confused scooter is when anyone brings up a good point that doesn't necessarily go in finley's favor, you throw a fit. that's where you're confused. you automatically assume that someone doesn't like finley because something is said about his game. If I sit here and said "finley needs to work on his ball handling skills". you would sit here and call me a "finley hater".
that's just the way you and thekid are. you can't take any type of criticism towards finley. occasionally, you'll say something about what finley would need to improve, but that is just your cover. You have to say something to keep from being a total hypocrite
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 09:50 AM   #88
TheKid
Diamond Member

Well I've resigned to the fact that they're different people, however MMFL, Murphy does have a tendency to personally attack people's intelligence when they don't agree with him. To be honest, I didn't care about LAM. Yeah he was a prick, but oh well, I wish he was still here to be honest.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:17 AM   #89
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dirk, the future SuperStar of the Dallas Mavericks

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavinator
And let's not forget the other members of the team, members who get less press but who all play important roles... Travis Best, the veteran backup point guard, determined to win the championship that poor officiating cheated him out of in 2000, struggling to find a home after losing his role in Indiana to a disagreement with his coach
Mavinator called it on Tuesday May 15, 2001 at 7:20 PM
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 12:33 AM   #90
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

That's my little Bro[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]...

Both of us have been big, big fans of Best for a long time now. Recently, Travis has been relatively unnoticed, playing his ball in basketball Siberia for the last couple of years, but I will bet that excluding Antawn Jamison, Travis will end up looking like our best player aquisition of this offseason. He isn't going to be Nick, but that is not necessarily a bad thing...

Just thinking about him utilizing his blazing quickness to penetrate the lane before pulling up for his patented stop-and-pop jumper or kicking out for a Dirk three-pointer , or imagining the scrappy defender ripping the ball from an incredulous Stephon Marbury before converting the layup, makes me very, very happy....
Old 09-18-2003, 12:33 AM   #91
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

ah, the good ol' days..
whatever happened to mavinator?
Old 09-18-2003, 12:39 AM   #92
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dirk, the future SuperStar of the Dallas Mavericks

Mr. Mavinator has been in California, drinking, chasing tail, and watching lots of Lakers and Kings games...

His access to good, healthy Maverick's basketball has unfortunately been curtailed, so he has not been as active recently in forums such as our own. Presumably, I can coerce him into returning one of these days...
Old 09-18-2003, 03:25 AM   #93
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Haven't seen hide nor hair of Mavinator in a long time!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 07:21 AM   #94
Murphy3
Guru

any luck for mav?
Old 09-18-2003, 09:28 AM   #95
hero = dirk

hero = dirk is on a distinguished road

look at my screen name on this message board... need i say more?

Muhahahaha...
hero = dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 09:49 AM   #96
DIRK BRASIL

DIRK BRASIL is on a distinguished road

DIRK IS THE BEST OF FRANCHISE!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2003, 02:33 PM   #97
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

In order of importance:
He needs to be a good post defender all superstars can shut people down at the end of games.
He needs to learn the jumphook , you get fouled far more often when you don't fadeaway, and most of passing.

Goals for stats
25 pts 10 boards 5 assists and 2 blocks a game.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 03:19 PM   #98
Murphy3
Guru

all superstars can shut players down at the end of games? really?
Old 09-18-2003, 11:27 PM   #99
TheKid
Diamond Member

There's really no reason for this thread because anyone who doesn't know that Dirk is the CURRENT superstar of the Mavericks doesn't watch the Mavs. It's that simple.
Old 09-18-2003, 11:32 PM   #100
Murphy3
Guru

well, thekid, the thread is a little old..in all fairness to the people that posted in it..

Tags
dirk