Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-03-2011, 02:16 AM   #161
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Bigs make the world go around. You have to have good ones.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2011, 02:16 AM   #162
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
For those that don't follow HoopData on Twitter (you should), Kobe had 29 attempts and not a single one of them came from the rim. Not a single layup or dunk.

That's freaking amazing, and if it's a sign that he's still hobbled, it's a huge factor in this series moving forward.
I thought that was kind of a fluky stat. He looks fine to me and he's getting to where he wants to on the floor. He just had the jump shot working tonight and stayed with it. I don't think he's going to be able to keep knocking down shots like that if we stay in his face so it'll be interesting to see how he adjusts.

As far as starting Brewer I'd be willing to try it. I think Stevenson, mostly due to experience, is the better on ball defender but Brewer forces more turnovers which helps the transition game. My only concern would be that Brewer is kind of jumpy on defense and reacts to every one of Kobe's fakes. If he wanted he could probably have Brewer in foul trouble pretty quick. Maybe that's not a concern since he's not playing big minutes anyway.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:18 AM   #163
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Brewer is more likely to get out in transition and finish than dsteve also. I thought dsteve really played timidly.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:19 AM   #164
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

IMO Brewer is better than Stevenson in almost every aspect of basketball. I don't know about Brewer starting because I wouldn't want to mess with the team chemistry, but Brewer should be playing more.
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:20 AM   #165
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragism View Post
IMO Brewer is better than Stevenson in almost every aspect of basketball. I don't know about Brewer starting because I wouldn't want to mess with the team chemistry, but Brewer should be playing more.
He already is, and probably will be...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-03-2011 at 02:20 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:20 AM   #166
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I thought that was kind of a fluky stat. He looks fine to me and he's getting to where he wants to on the floor. He just had the jump shot working tonight and stayed with it. I don't think he's going to be able to keep knocking down shots like that if we stay in his face so it'll be interesting to see how he adjusts.

As far as starting Brewer I'd be willing to try it. I think Stevenson, mostly due to experience, is the better on ball defender but Brewer forces more turnovers which helps the transition game. My only concern would be that Brewer is kind of jumpy on defense and reacts to every one of Kobe's fakes. If he wanted he could probably have Brewer in foul trouble pretty quick. Maybe that's not a concern since he's not playing big minutes anyway.
Agree with part 1. Kobe is fine, health wise. He just had the jumper going. He (hopefully) won't shoot like that in game 2, but he'll probably get to the rim more.

Disagree partly with part 2. DeShawn's defense was atrocious tonight. He just looked incredibly slow. Brewer didn't play great D either, but he's much more active on defense and offense. He needs to start over DeShawn. DeShawn isn't bringing lockdown D, and he hurts us on offense a lot.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:21 AM   #167
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, Haywood had zero rebounds but he did a great job of boxing out so the other guys could get the board.

This guy is so damn important. Just going 8-10min with a weak backup center or smallball like all the past years would absolutly kill the team. Specially against the Lakers.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:21 AM   #168
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Because I like you guys...

No high-quality picture of #TemptressSouze tho...don't like you THAT much

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 05-03-2011 at 02:27 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:26 AM   #169
xavier

xavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the rough

Start brewer on kobe, get more rebounds, and i see us getting this wrapped up in game 5!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:27 AM   #170
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote of the game: "You've got to make plays, and you've got to dodge some bullets....we did both." -- Rick Carlisle

Old 05-03-2011, 02:40 AM   #171
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=132948
Old 05-03-2011, 02:49 AM   #172
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post

I'm gonna go against the average Mavs knee-jerk pessimist (you know, the ones who aren't posting tonight) and agree with these Lakers fans that Carlisle displayed some savvy coaching in Game 1.

Example: Corey Brewer... Timing is key, and his spark was definitely perfectly timed.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-03-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:59 AM   #173
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

We spot them 4 points to end the half, Kobe scores 36...

Mavs win. Can't sleep

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 05-03-2011 at 03:00 AM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:43 AM   #174
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
I liked this one...

Quote:
That's Phil for you.

I tell you what though -- the Lakers can never ease up against Dallas. They are a veteran, versatile, and HUNGRY team. They are ready for this moment. Let's hope the Lakers are able to see this fact now.

Last edited by OneLove22; 05-03-2011 at 03:43 AM.
OneLove22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:07 AM   #175
Luc

Luc is on a distinguished road

I need to see this game! Any one with a link to a download?

Thanks.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:21 AM   #176
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/550...poilers/page43
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:23 AM   #177
Luc

Luc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Thanks!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:07 AM   #178
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I'm gonna go against the average Mavs knee-jerk pessimist (you know, the ones who aren't posting tonight) and agree with these Lakers fans that Carlisle displayed some savvy coaching in Game 1.

Example: Corey Brewer... Timing is key, and his spark was definitely perfectly timed.
Carlisle seemed to press all the right buttons tonight. I'm still not sure why some around here consider it to be treasonous to call out Rick for his sometimes odd lineup choices and/or rotations or lack thereof. This is, after all, a forum wherein opinions are freely exchanged and expressed. Disagreement is part of the fun. Or we could go against the average "Carlisle is beyond reproach" Mavs optimist and agree with those who were screaming for more Corey Brewer 2 months ago?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:23 AM   #179
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Code:
OffEff: 106.97 DefEff: 104.74
Some interesting side notes on the game:
* Our starting Lineup continues to struggle. They got outscored 8-19 on approx. 12.40 possessions, which translates into an Efficiency Differential of -88.50
* The Mavs used 15 different lineups last night, the Lakers only 9
* Our most efficient lineup that played at least 10 possessions was Nowitzki, Terry, Stojakovic, Haywood, Barea (bench ftw!) with +40.88 EffDiff
* Bryant went 0-4 against Marion, 4-4 against Brewer
* With Brewer on the floor, Mavs outscored the Lakers 22-11 on approx. 14.50 possessions (+75.89 EffDiff)
* Best defensive lineup last night that played at least 10 possessions was Marion, Terry, Stojakovic, Chandler, Kidd. They held L.A. to 25.00% shooting and gave up only 2 free throws
* The very same lineup also assisted 100% of their field goals (5 of 5)
* With Odom on the floor only 38.40% of the Lakers field goals were assisted
* With Odom on the floor Lakers shot the most free throws pp100, the least with Bynum.
* Lakers went 2 of 7 from downtown when at least two bench players were on the floor
Old 05-03-2011, 06:37 AM   #180
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:

Start Brewer because you can put Marion on Kobe and Brewer on Artest.

I thought Haywood was outstanding on Bynum and Chandler on Gasol.

Last edited by b_o_r; 05-03-2011 at 06:38 AM.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:43 AM   #181
j0Shi
Diamond Member

This is highly theoretical but for some reason I think that you should start Haywood on Bynum and put in Tyson when Odom comes in. Our starting lineup is a mess anyway, so nothing to lose.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:44 AM   #182
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Actually, I think that's Chuck's present to you. You should probably give credit where credit is due.

Lest you want a roundhouse kick to the face.
Chuck's present to me was his declaration that the Mavs would win a title. He's letting me have my few minutes of fun with the GDT mojo, but I'm being very careful not to overstep my bounds. I know my place...
Old 05-03-2011, 06:48 AM   #183
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. Almost hard to compute what happened last night. Hard to sleep after such a great win.

I might be in the minority, but I thought Kidd did a good job pressuring that last shot by Kobe. He got there JUST in time to put pressure on it. Kidd may not have had his best game, but it always seems like his BBIQ wins the day. He is a pretty clutch defender when need be.

Dirk is Uber as always. You almost yawn at his greatness because of his ridiculous consistency. He really can't be guarded.

I don't want to mess with team chemistry, but Deshawn isn't providing anything on the court. Would definitely like to see Brewer start. I think it's easy to forget that Brewer does have four years of NBA experience. It wouldn't be like starting the lesser experienced Roddy.

Wow and a half.

GO Mavericks.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:55 AM   #184
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Again Blazersedge going berserk on the win and provide a fail-gif of the decisive play:

Old 05-03-2011, 07:03 AM   #185
robz
Golden Member

robz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nice

God it feels so good to be a mavs fan this morning. It was such a struggle to sleep last night.

With that said, even though we won last night here's some things I noticed:

1) For the most part, we really relied on our jumper. We need to push the ball more and get inside. Luckily we had some guys (terry, peja, etc) that were really hot tonight.

2) They really can't guard Dirk. We need to do the terry/dirk combo much more often then we did. On that 2nd to last possession, even though SM got the shot, there was no excuse for Dirk not touching the ball

3) Do not double Kobe. Let Kobe get his 30/35 points a night but keep the other guys in check.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:04 AM   #186
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

I love that the Mavs have learned some things from the Portland series. They were using all the tricks Portland used against them, and it worked! More ally-oops than I've seen, more 'in your face' moments, and a brand of toughness out there. It was good to see the mavs bow up and do the punching, instead of waiting to be punched and reacting.

Last edited by Ninkobei; 05-03-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:08 AM   #187
robz
Golden Member

robz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf0ou...1&feature=fvwp
Old 05-03-2011, 07:28 AM   #188
robz
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
I love that the Mavs have learned some things from the Portland series. They were using all the tricks Portland used against them, and it worked! More ally-oops than I've seen, more 'in your face' moments, and a brand of toughness out there. It was good to see the mavs bow up and do the punching, instead of waiting to be punched and reacting.
I was thinking of hat last night. It's almost like Kidd and TC had a moment like 'hey we could do that too!'
Old 05-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #189
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

i worked all night and then i went to home (at 7am) to see the mavs game...great.awesome.incredible.i'm so happy.

and yes,Carlisle coaching very good tonight.finally good work rick.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:54 AM   #190
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Surprised to saw Haywood with 0 rebounds, still played well.

Marion needs to come around and make more shots next game and start Brewer or Stevenson, hmm... Brewer gives you more on Offense though!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:56 AM   #191
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Kidd's defense was absolute perfection down the stretch.

My goodness.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #192
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffViggiano View Post
Carlisle coaching very good tonight.finally good work rick.
lol am I still a fool?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:27 AM   #193
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Oh yeah, I was reading all of that crap about Bryant.. His first step was beyond explosive. He just didn't go all the way to the rim. He made his move a few times and created a wide open jumper.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:44 AM   #194
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of thoughts:
1. I thought Kidd was going to single-handedly lose the game with some of his turnovers.. but he and the Mavs recovered.
2. It's interesting to see Dirk play a much bigger role in the offense than Kobe. Yeah, when Kobe got the ball, he tended to monopolize it. He didn't create much for anyone else. Dirk, well, he got his shots, but even when he wasn't getting his shots, the offense often went through him and open shots were created because of this. You often hear about how Dirk doesn't make his teammates better. That's obviously b.s.
3. It truly is amazing that the Mavs clawed their way back with the bookends that they had in some of the quarters. The Lakers got off to a hot start in the first and the Mavs were down pretty big quickly. Obviously, we all saw what happened to end the second and to start the third.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:44 AM   #195
croco

croco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura about

Great, great win. If the Mavs can continue to rebound like they did in the second half, they have a chance.
croco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #196
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You could be right. 29 attempts is a ton, htough. I feel like he must at least have it in his mind to be careful about his ankle.

I certainly expect him to attack the rim more when his jumper isn't locked in, but I still take it as a possible sign that he's not completely right.

Plus he's also just old and doesn't get to the rim like he used to anyway.

I'll be very interested to see how this evolves moving forward.

And as others have mentioned, I'm curious to see how the defensive match ups shake out moving forward. A more whistle-happy ref crew is not going to allow Kidd to play him like that. I think we have to see if we can figure out a way to get Marion on him without others killing us.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:24 AM   #197
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

One thing the Mavs did that was key - delay their substitution pattern to not bring in JJ until Kobe takes a breather. When they stuck Bryant on JJ during the regular season, it really killed us. Great job by Carlisle, coming in with JJ a couple of minutes later to make sure they didn't try to smother JJ and stifle our bench.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:27 AM   #198
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Also, that was one of the best defensive performances i've seen from this team in years. Great focus, great rotations to clog the passing lanes, great adjustments, great help-side defense, good closing out, nice job fighting over screens. A few lapses there, like when Peja bumped off Dirk when Odom was driving, or the end of the half, but overall that was just terrific D.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #199
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Again Blazersedge going berserk on the win and provide a fail-gif of the decisive play:

This is a moving screen anyway. You can't sit there and rotate your body around to block a defender, even when you have the ball.

In any case, I can't believe Kobe didn't get that call, even if he did trip over his own two feet.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 05-03-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:49 AM   #200
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd defended Bryant great but this is really just an option for some important minutes. Kidd doesnt have the legs to hunt Bryant two, free, four quarter.

I expect the Lakers to take the ball really into the paint next game. Much more shots for Gasol and Bynum. They know they have to exploit this.

Best case would be of course Kobe in a hero chucker game, taking all his teammates out of the game.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#winning, better than sex, i'm horny now, no laker trolls tonite, rapers loss, return of the quack!, sex