Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-12-2017, 01:25 PM   #161
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Smiths hesitation dribble is going to make him unstopable when he proves his perimeter jumpshot. I'm looking forward to see if he has a wide variety of moves, or if that is his go-to move, because in the NBA you can't rely on just the quick first step.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2017, 04:16 PM   #162
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/stor...t-kevin-pelton

Quote:
Best rookies

1. Dennis Smith Jr., Dallas Mavericks

The ninth pick of this year's draft, Smith has been the most impressive rookie so far in Las Vegas. Playing alongside more talent and in a better system than at North Carolina State, Smith has gotten where he's wanted on the court, finished creatively at the rim, drawn fouls and found open teammates.

Despite inconsistent outside shooting (5-of-14, 35.7 percent from 3), Smith has scored 55 points on 46 shooting possessions. He's also been active at the defensive end, a change from his low-energy style in college that left questions in the minds of scouts.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:40 AM   #163
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I need to change my (l)ottery signature
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:45 AM   #164
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

After last Night Lonzo Ball clearly has been the best Rookie in Vegas.

36/11/8 and a Triple Double before that.

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:10 AM   #165
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStandard View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly53nSUIWII

He had a good game but he doesn't look good to me in terms of eye test. His shot really is going to be a problem to me. He has to have a lot of separation to get it off and he can't shoot going to his right. He also looks really slow to me. I'll be interested to see him in preseason and regular season.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 07-13-2017 at 02:11 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:45 AM   #166
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I get the bashing of Lonzo, but it would be really surprising if he didn't develop into a star. Whether he's going to be a superstar / franchise altering guys remains to be seen, but let's not pretend like he isn't special.

I'd agree though his shot hasn't looked too convincing and I have my doubts about it against NBA competition.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:59 AM   #167
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Lets remember he is putting up these numbers against a bunch of guys who aren't going to sniff an NBA floor. I watched part of the game. His groin looked fine. Lakers didn't want Fox to take his ass to school and ruin his image.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:04 AM   #168
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Ball's vision and passing are awesome. When he gains momentum he's pretty fast due to his length. He desperately needs to fix that shot, hit the weights, and get better operating in the half court, but no player at 19 is complete. I will say what he becomes is contingent upon his work ethic not his talent.. same for our kiddo.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:21 AM   #169
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

By far the most underrated rookie in SL play and perhaps the steal of the draft is John Collins. I asked mid season why this kid wasn't higher up on the draft boards and it was only because he was a traditional PF and not great a defense. He can play. An absolute wizard around the rim.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-13-2017 at 08:21 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:08 AM   #170
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I still think his game wont translate well into the modern NBA. Solid roleplayer...nothing more
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:30 AM   #171
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Lets remember he is putting up these numbers against a bunch of guys who aren't going to sniff an NBA floor. I watched part of the game. His groin looked fine. Lakers didn't want Fox to take his ass to school and ruin his image.
Whoa... DID IT?

Old 07-13-2017, 10:31 AM   #172
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I still think his game wont translate well into the modern NBA. Solid roleplayer...nothing more
Who, Ball? He at least has a high enough floor with his vision and passing, a la Ricky Rubio. He has to work on his shot and defensive limitations to truly take that next step. If I were him, I'd try to mirror my game after Jason Kidd and jumpstart the whole shooting thing. Difference is, he actually made a very good clip. I think he is already finding out that the wind up in his shooting motion isn't going to work as well on this level.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:23 AM   #173
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

i meant Collins.

With Ball....i always read Rubio with more offense or Prime Rondo with a jumper. I think he is way closer to Rubio with okay offense. His shooting mechanics are garbage and unfixable and he is going to get in troubles with it in the NBA. In the SL he has WAY more space...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:39 AM   #174
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
i meant Collins.

With Ball....i always read Rubio with more offense or Prime Rondo with a jumper. I think he is way closer to Rubio with okay offense. His shooting mechanics are garbage and unfixable and he is going to get in troubles with it in the NBA. In the SL he has WAY more space...
Gotcha. I haven't seen much of Collins either in college or summer ball to make an opinion, unfortunately.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:53 AM   #175
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A lot of it will depend on whether he can hit jumpers. The 3 he took and made last game looked pretty solid with decent mechanics.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:05 PM   #176
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

T-Cat: Dennis Smith Jr.'s demeanor is why he's the perfect next face of the Mavericks
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/7/...-dirk-nowitzki

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:18 AM   #177
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

He names Westbrook and Rose but I honestly see a LOT of DWade in his body movement while on the court.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:27 AM   #178
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
He names Westbrook and Rose but I honestly see a LOT of DWade in his body movement while on the court.
Yea, I see DWade type movement as well. More explosive than Rose imo. He has explosive leaping ability like Westbrook tho and maybe more. I think watching Smith vs Westbrook will be as exciting as it gets.

Old 07-14-2017, 11:44 AM   #179
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStandard View Post

No, not 'clearly'. You have to look at all 3 games.

Ball does seem to be getting into a good groove though.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 12:28 PM   #180
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
No, not 'clearly'. You have to look at all 3 games.

Ball does seem to be getting into a good groove though.
Ball is doing a lot against inferior competition at a very high usage rate and a very low efficiency.

Rebounding and overall inside play has been very sub-par, both because there aren't a lot of good young bigs (particularly above 6'9", bigs take longer to develop, and also because teams aren't playing aggressively on defense and the glass.

Ball is not going to see that same type of rebounding at the next level when teams actually go hard for the ball and box out. He's also shooting 38% from the field and 19% from three against almost no defensive opposition. Last night he shot 30% from the field and 20% from three. Not great.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:45 PM   #181
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Ball is doing a lot against inferior competition at a very high usage rate and a very low efficiency.

Rebounding and overall inside play has been very sub-par, both because there aren't a lot of good young bigs (particularly above 6'9", bigs take longer to develop, and also because teams aren't playing aggressively on defense and the glass.

Ball is not going to see that same type of rebounding at the next level when teams actually go hard for the ball and box out. He's also shooting 38% from the field and 19% from three against almost no defensive opposition. Last night he shot 30% from the field and 20% from three. Not great.
I see alot of the same things I saw in college from him. He's clearly a gifted passer. Maybe the best we will see in some time from distance. The rest of his game is ok. The drop off from summer league to regular season will be most notable in his lack of foot speed. He rarely/barely beats people off the dribble now. In the regular season it will only get harder. Imagine what it might look at when the real games begin (playoffs). He needs to show progress here imo and that can't necessarily be taught.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:17 PM   #182
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Ball's vision and passing are awesome. When he gains momentum he's pretty fast due to his length. He desperately needs to fix that shot, hit the weights, and get better operating in the half court, but no player at 19 is complete. I will say what he becomes is contingent upon his work ethic not his talent.. same for our kiddo.
There is a very big differentiator between the two: inherent athletic ability. Dennis Smith is an athletic freak, Ball is not. There have been good to great PG's who didn't possess great athletic ability. But it is a hindrance in today's NBA, and something one cannot acquire over time.
Old 07-14-2017, 01:19 PM   #183
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Well Ball's game last night wasn't good at all. 6-20 fgs and 7 turnovers is a bad game under any metric. He will be a triple double threat in the league, but will he be an inefficient stat padder or winner?

Old 07-14-2017, 01:39 PM   #184
SMC0007
Guru

...and with the 9th pick in the NBA draft... we talk about Lonzo Ball.....

Old 07-14-2017, 02:09 PM   #185
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post

Lol. True. Besides, circle-jerking over DSJ has been a lot of fun.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:23 PM   #186
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Well Ball's game last night wasn't good at all. 6-20 fgs and 7 turnovers is a bad game under any metric. He will be a triple double threat in the league, but will he be an inefficient stat padder or winner?
He did that wearing Harden's shoe.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:34 PM   #187
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
He did that wearing Harden's shoe.
lol good point

but yeah lets stop polluting DSJ's thread with all this BALLshit pls

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:44 PM   #188
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
It has been a bit sad how even so called experts tend to avoid talking about DSJ and still go with Ball.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:49 PM   #189
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

Ball's passing isn't even better than Dennis's. Ball's teammates make their shots while Dennis's teammates are out their building houses.

Last edited by Fragism; 07-14-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:06 PM   #190
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqHJoeGKRgc

Love hearing that Rick told Dennis Smith to be Dennis Smith.

Old 07-15-2017, 01:02 AM   #191
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

http://www.nba.com/video/2017/07/14/...-summer-league
Old 07-15-2017, 07:50 AM   #192
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
I finally understand what they meant about him not being the brightest kid. He told Dorian Finney-Smith to keep shooting.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:41 PM   #193
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

CONGRATS @Dennis1SmithJr on being selected for the All-@NBA Summer League 1st Team! #mavssl17
Old 07-17-2017, 08:47 PM   #194
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
CONGRATS @Dennis1SmithJr on being selected for the All-@NBA Summer League 1st Team! #mavssl17
Nice.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:05 PM   #195
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Ball ducked Fox and then misses half the semi final game and the entire final game and gets mvp? LOL... Lakers smh.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:45 PM   #196
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Ball ducked Fox and then misses half the semi final game and the entire final game and gets mvp? LOL... Lakers smh.
It'll be interesting to see if Ball can really live up to this hype because he has sooo much pressure on his shoulders. And can the pass first pg really make a come back?

Because that's where DSJ is tailor-made for today's NBA game. Even if he was somewhat of a ball hog or not a great team guy in college as rumored...welp...that is perfect for the NBA where ego stars rule. I mean, I don't really believe it anyway, but what made Smith not succeed at a college level will be the opposite for the NBA. Super athletic, scoring guards are the poster children of the league.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-17-2017 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:10 AM   #197
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Quote:
With this deep of a draft class, I'm super happy with first team. Probably on par with what you could have hoped for. I'd be pissed if Lonzo gets the ROY in a similar manner though. But it is what it is. Dude is super hype, goes into the voting with a natural advantage.

Last edited by j0Shi; 07-18-2017 at 03:11 AM.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:52 AM   #198
BigDog63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
It'll be interesting to see if Ball can really live up to this hype because he has sooo much pressure on his shoulders.
I don't think he can, simply because the hype is too big. If he isn't Magic Johnson from the get go (and does anyone really think he is?), he won't meet the hype.

Quote:
And can the pass first pg really make a come back?
Yes. Offensively, at least. But with the Westbrooks and Dennis Smith's of the world constantly blowing by him and breaking down the defense, it remains to be seen how that works out.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:14 AM   #199
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Guess who else was a summer league first team recipient in 2015? Seth Curry.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:38 AM   #200
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

You know who won MVP of the summer league the last 3 years? Glen Rice Jr, Kyle Anderson and Tyus Jones.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote