Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 11-03-2004, 09:05 AM   #201
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Doc's official gameday thread...the electoral tracking official thread.

I've seen a couple claims very recently (by dems) that there are as many as 250,000 provisional ballots to be counted in Ohio.
Does anyone know what the Ohio absentee ballots situation would look like: How many might still need to be counted, who voted absentee in Ohio this year?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2004, 09:14 AM   #202
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:Doc's official gameday thread...the electoral tracking official thread.

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Lordy, lordy..... maybe Kerry needs a math class....

Edwards Says Democrats Will Fight for Every Vote

Nov 3, 2:44 AM (ET)

BOSTON (Reuters) - Democratic vice presidential nominee John Edwards, signaling that the party still hoped to win the close-fought U.S. election, said early on Wednesday that it would "fight for every vote."

With the tally in the crucial state of Ohio very tight and potentially hanging on 150,000 uncounted provisional ballots, Edwards told supporters in Boston that he and Democratic presidential nominee Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts would not give in.

"John Kerry and I have made a promise to the American people that with this election every vote would count and every vote would be counted. Tonight we are keeping our word and we will fight for every vote," Edwards, a North Carolina senator, said.

Ohio Election results:
OHIO
100% of Precincts Reporting
George W. Bush 2,777,645 - 51 percent
John Kerry 2,632,547 - 48 percent

Let's see, 2,777,645 minus 2, 632, 547 = 145,098

150,000 minus 145,098 = 4,912

So either Gore(ooops, I mean Kerry) gets 99% of the provisional ballots (ASSUMING the provisional ballots are all valid.... and I've heard that historically the valid margin of provisional ballots in Ohio is anywhere from 2% to 90%), or he comes to reality and admits he was defeated. I wonder if he's sucking on a pacifier this morning to console himself?
In all due repsect, until the fat lady sings (as our beloved Dick Motta told us) there is no reason to throw in the towel. It is improbable that Kerry will make up the deficit but stranger things have happened. I expect that he will concede soon.

What is clear is the nation is clearly divided, and it is important that the President take the initiative to listen to those who voted for Kerry to heart so this rift is broached.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:37 AM   #203
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Doc's official gameday thread...the electoral tracking official thread.

It was clear to me that the nation (at least the vast majority of it) is behind this President.

And I think the only ones that would dispute that would be clingers on of little hope in a lost election.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:46 AM   #204
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Doc's official gameday thread...the electoral tracking official thread.

I will again state.....President Bush has won re-election. I looked at the data all night and it is clear. My data is not poll data, but rather actual votes that are made available to the Public Election Commission. It is used by PBS, NPR, MSNBC and Fox I know and I think CNN does as well.

It is over.

Just a little housekeeping here....I give Nevada to Bush officially and Kerry takes Hawaii and Wisconsin. I needed the sleep last night and Bush had won anyways, but there are the last states. It is done.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:52 AM   #205
Drbio
Banned

2004 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION - ELECTORAL VOTE COUNT

President George W. Bush - 286
Senator John Kerry - 252

FINAL RESULTS PER DOC....the weenie networks are still mulling it over.

<u>UPSET STATES:</u>
Iowa goes to Bush from Gore in 2000.
New Hampshire goes to Kerry from Bush in 2000.

<u>Bush States:</u> (31)
Alabama (9), Alaska (3), Arizona (10), Arkansas (6), Colorado (9), Florida (27), Georgia (15), Idaho (4), Indiana (11), Iowa (7), Kansas (6), Kentucky (8), Louisiana (9), Mississippi (6), Missouri (11), Montana (3), Nebraska (5), Nevada (5), New Mexico (5), North Carolina (15), North Dakota (3), Ohio (20), Oklahoma (7), South Carolina (8), South Dakota (3), Tennessee (11), Texas (34), Utah (5), Virginia (13), West Virginia (5), Wyoming (3)

<u>Kerry States:</u> (20 including DC)
California (55), Connecticut (7), Delaware (3), District of Columbia (3), Hawaii (4), Illinois (21), Maine (4), Maryland (12), Massachusetts (12), Michigan (17), Minnesota (10), New Hampshire (4), New Jersey (15), New York (34), Oregon (7), Pennsylvania (21), Rhode Island (4), Vermont (3), Washington (11), Wisconsin (10)
Old 11-03-2004, 09:57 AM   #206
Drbio
Banned

Final Popular Vote:

Bush - 51%
Kerry - 48%
Nader - &lt;1%
Old 11-03-2004, 10:13 AM   #207
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Its a good day to be an American Mavs fan [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:24 AM   #208
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Goodness...

Lakers lose in Finals
Yankees lose in ALCS
Rangers show great improvement
Mavericks look very promising
AND WE KEEP OUR GREAT LEADER...

Yes, it is a good year to be an American Central-Texas sports fan!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2004, 10:27 AM   #209
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Just said on FM 96.9 in Boston (his radio show) that the Kerry campaign will issue a "directional" statement this AM and that Kerry will give a concession speech this afternoon. This was based on his "discussions" with the Kerry folks, who Barnicle is tight with.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:38 AM   #210
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Quote:
Just said on FM 96.9 in Boston (his radio show) that the Kerry campaign will issue a "directional" statement this AM and that Kerry will give a concession speech this afternoon. This was based on his "discussions" with the Kerry folks, who Barnicle is tight with.
There you have it...

Game, set, match!
Old 11-03-2004, 11:10 AM   #211
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Kerry tells President Bush he will concede White House race at 1 PM ET...
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 11-03-2004, 11:15 AM   #212
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to Senator Kerry for not allowing this thing to drag on for days when the result was obvious.

That was classy.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:18 AM   #213
Drbio
Banned

Agreed U2.....It is nice to see him step up and take the bad news with class.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:20 AM   #214
Drbio
Banned

I'd just like to point out that neither MSNBC, CNN, ABC, C-BS, FOX, PBS, NPR or any other news outlet declared this a Bush win as soon as a certain other "media outlet" here at D-M.com. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2004, 11:22 AM   #215
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
I'd just like to point out that neither MSNBC, CNN, ABC, C-BS, FOX, PBS, NPR or any other news outlet declared this a Bush win as soon as a certain other "media outlet" here at D-M.com. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Thanks again for that outstanding coverage Doc.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:23 AM   #216
Drbio
Banned

It really was my pleasure.....I had a blast!
Old 11-03-2004, 11:28 AM   #217
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Quote:
Kerry tells President Bush he will concede White House race at 1 PM ET...
Sorry Dooby, I didnt notice that you had already posted this prior to starting the Hal-le-lu-jah thread!
Old 11-03-2004, 11:29 AM   #218
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Wow what a pleasant surprise to hear Kerry conceding. I got to give him major props for doing the classy thing to help unite this country.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:35 AM   #219
Dooby
Diamond Member

Bush to speak at 3PM Eastern.

Old 11-03-2004, 11:40 AM   #220
Drbio
Banned

At 3pm, this great country gets back to business.

Four More Years of Greatness!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 12:12 PM   #221
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Doc, a hearty bravo to you for putting all the time, effort, and money into this endeavor. Not just this thread, but the electoral predictor thread as well.

Also a hearty thanks to all the posters in the political forum. I have relied heavily on this forum as a terrific source of information, opinions, experience, and expertise over the last few months. And I do mean thanks to everyone. Though the discussions became heated at times, for the most part this forum has been a place for spirited, productive debate.

Thanks, all!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:09 PM   #222
Drbio
Banned

Kerry is speaking right now.....for those interested. You can hear it live from www.kwbu.org if you want.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:17 PM   #223
Drbio
Banned

What a beautiful map. Of course, New Mexico and Iowa are now solidly Bush too. It's nice to see that the "MEAT" of the American sandwich is red. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The blue stuff is just soon to be moldy bread.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:14 PM   #224
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's another beautiful map. Somehow, it's even prettier to see the county-by-county breakdown...

Old 11-03-2004, 04:25 PM   #225
Drbio
Banned

I love those county maps. Tenenbaum at electoral-vote.com was telling me that the county by county map would probably not be available until Thursday. Well done Evil!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 04:49 PM   #226
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
Here's another beautiful map. Somehow, it's even prettier to see the county-by-county breakdown...

Damn Travis county... Central Texas was ALMOST perfect!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2004, 05:12 PM   #227
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

[quote]
Originally posted by: Male23Dan
Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2

Damn Travis county... Central Texas was ALMOST perfect!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
hey, keep austin weird, man [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 05:47 PM   #228
Drbio
Banned

Austin, Texas....the bastion of republican ideals. [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]