Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #201
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Did Marion shut down Artest?...Artest wasn't a beast last night at all.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #202
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Carlisle seemed to press all the right buttons tonight. I'm still not sure why some around here consider it to be treasonous to call out Rick for his sometimes odd lineup choices and/or rotations or lack thereof. This is, after all, a forum wherein opinions are freely exchanged and expressed. Disagreement is part of the fun. Or we could go against the average "Carlisle is beyond reproach" Mavs optimist and agree with those who were screaming for more Corey Brewer 2 months ago?

I never said people couldn't freely exchange opinions about Carlisle - where did you get that idea?

And NOBODY around here has ever claimed that Carlisle is "beyond reproach" - this forum almost never gives the guy credit when credit is due. Hell, there are several posters on this board whose favorite past time is calling for Carlisle's head whenever we lose a game, or at least bitching about his rotations when we do win.

Well screw them - last night Rick Carlisle out-coached the best coach in the NBA. I'm not saying he's a better coach than Jackson, but he was last night...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #203
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
This is a moving screen anyway. You can't sit there and rotate your body around to block a defender, even when you have the ball.

In any case, I can't believe Kobe didn't get that call, even if he did trip over his own two feet.

The refs actually let the players play a lot last night.

There were a few no-calls, but bad calls and phantom fouls were minimal...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #204
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
The refs actually let the players play a lot last night.

There were a few no-calls, but bad calls and phantom fouls were minimal...
Including this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYQqnKY6yhY

Dunno why I haven't noticed it initially, but Bynum takes two steps into Kidd and that frees up Kobe for the last shot. Wow ...
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #205
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Did Marion shut down Artest?...Artest wasn't a beast last night at all.
Artest sucks.
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #206
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Including this one:

Dunno why I haven't noticed it initially, but Bynum takes two steps into Kidd and that frees up Kobe for the last shot. Wow ...
Good god almighty.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #207
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
Good god almighty.
I noticed the same thing as I watched the highlights this morning. That's a Timmy Duncan special right there!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:50 AM   #208
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Agree with part 1. Kobe is fine, health wise. He just had the jumper going. He (hopefully) won't shoot like that in game 2, but he'll probably get to the rim more.

Disagree partly with part 2. DeShawn's defense was atrocious tonight. He just looked incredibly slow. Brewer didn't play great D either, but he's much more active on defense and offense. He needs to start over DeShawn. DeShawn isn't bringing lockdown D, and he hurts us on offense a lot.
DeShawn was bad on both ends of the floor last night. When I say he's a better on ball defender I'm basing it on what I've seen all year. Brewer has more potential but he tends to be too frenetic and react to every ball fake, head fake or jab step. Veteran players will use that to keep him in foul trouble. Stevenson is a bit more disciplined.

That being said I don’t have a problem starting Brewer. It’s not like we’re getting off to great starts so there’s not much to lose. That position has been a revolving door all year anyway.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #209
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
lol am I still a fool?
it's only the first game man

i don't like carlisle but i admit that he coached very well.no doubt.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #210
Axilla

Axilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Including this one:

all of a sudden that win means nothing... i'm pissed!

but seriously thats blatant
Old 05-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #211
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

This needs to be seen by everyone...again and again.

Quote:

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:38 AM   #212
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Surprised to saw Haywood with 0 rebounds, still played well.

Marion needs to come around and make more shots next game and start Brewer or Stevenson, hmm... Brewer gives you more on Offense though!
If Marion plays defense like he did in game 1 his offense isn't necessarily
Old 05-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #213
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Kidd defended Bryant great but this is really just an option for some important minutes. Kidd doesnt have the legs to hunt Bryant two, free, four quarter.

I expect the Lakers to take the ball really into the paint next game. Much more shots for Gasol and Bynum. They know they have to exploit this.

Best case would be of course Kobe in a hero chucker game, taking all his teammates out of the game.
As others have said the real reason for closing out Kidd on Kobe is so you don't have Terry or Kidd on Artest.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #214
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

http://refcalls.com/2011/05/03/maver...ne-either-way/

View on controversal calls/non-calls
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #215
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Man, sometimes Slam just gives the best recaps. The point in here about the defense is not really accurate, but overall I enjoyed this thoroughly.

Quote:
There are some people in the press conference room who want some answers. They’re wondering when the Mavericks got good at defense. Tyson Chandler has totally transformed them, they’re saying, like they just saw a shooting star and were telling a small child.

Fine, Dirk Nowitzki’s over here just trudging toward a championship all by his damn self. Trudge, trudge, trudge. Free throw, free throw, free throw. Boring.

This defense has been good for years. That’s not the problem. The problem is—and say it with me—Dirk Nowitzki has no help.

But, oh, it doesn’t even matter anymore. Dirk Nowitzki might win a championship this year anyway. He and the Dallas Mavericks, but mostly he, defeated the Lakers in Game 1 in Los Angeles, 96-94.

It is a grueling exercise to say how he did it, so we’ll do this: You know those shots Zach Randolph has been hitting lately, the high-arching floaters that go in regardless of coverage? They’re like works of art, really, and they go in all the time, especially the important times, especially when they’re not supposed to.

Well, it’s that shot exactly. Over and over again. About eight of Dirk’s 11 buckets tonight were that exact shot. He’s been doing that for about 10 years now, he just wasn’t awful three years ago and didn’t provide a contrast.

So sorry. This Mavericks team is not sexy. It is just up 1-0 in a series against the favorites in the West.

Oh, those favorites in the West. Everybody but Kobe was asleep. Kobe was electric, as usual. He had their first seven points. He got so hot he was chucking heat checks and some of them were going in. It invigorated no one.

When they needed answers not named Kobe in the last three minutes, when the Mavericks were able to move every defender on to Kobe until one worked (it was Jason Kidd), no one was awake.

“We went in the locker room and felt like we gave the game away,” said Phil Jackson. “Not sure we felt like Dallas outplayed us.”

Then Phil Jackson said something a little more prescient. He realized he wasn’t giving any specific strategic reason why the Lakers lost in the press conference. He was getting anxious.

So he said this: “Here, guys, I’ll give you guys some help. The game was won in the third quarter when we stopped playing defense and stopped playing offense, basically.”

Boy, did that ever sound like code for, “This team is asleep and I don’t know if I can wake them up in time.”

The Lakers are the better team. Everybody knows it. Kobe knows it.

“We don’t do it purposefully,” he said, about getting into these holes. “I assure you.”

This might sound a little stupid, but the visitor’s locker room after the game was the most optimistic 60×30 space I’ve been around in a long time.

The Mavericks were down 16, by the way, in the third quarter. This is supposedly the emotionally fragile team, the sad loose cannon, the guy who gets drunk and talks about kicking his ex-girlfriend’s boyfriend’s ass, but winds up getting drunker and monopolizing your night with their crying. They collapse.

Well, that phase is apparently over.

If the Lakers don’t wake up by Wednesday, this might be the year Dirk Nowitzki wins an NBA Championship all by himself. We’ll have to deal with the consequences of what that means later.

He just came into the press conference room and snatched the mic, holding it in his hand to answer questions. He’s like Nas up here. Everyone’s very impressed. Yeah, pay attention to that. Write your stories about that and this brand new Dallas defense.

This guy’s been a monster for a decade. — Ben Collins

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #216
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Man, sometimes Slam just gives the best recaps. The point in here about the defense is not really accurate, but overall I enjoyed this thoroughly.
brilliant

and "This guy’s been a monster for a decade" is sig material
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #217
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

To quote the great Dr. Perry Cox: "This moment is so great, I want to have sex with it."

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #218
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

IMO Carlisle has been saving Brewer for the Lakers. That is the only thing that makes sense. I think he has more up his sleeve than we give him credit for.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #219
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

And he is saving Butler for the Heat.
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #220
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Been a while since I've visited this place. Just wanted to say congrats. Didn't watch the whole game, missed the Lakers being up by 16 but I did catch the last 3 minutes. I knew after Dirk put the Mavs up by 2 that Kobe would go for the high-degree-of-difficulty-hero-shot to win the game when the Lakers should have gone for th tie and OT at home. I could not believe that Jackson put Bynum on Kidd and Gasol on Dirk for that last possesion. Solid late game defense by the Mavs really put the Lakers in poor position to execute. Still believe the Lakers will prevail but I wouldn't bet the house on it. Good luck.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #221
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, good to see you Way Out West. I was curious as whether or not you would show uponce this series was set in stone.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #222
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be surprised to see Brewer start as a Mav adjustment. As a Laker adjustment, Artest will guarding Dirk a bit and Odumb should definitely be playing more minutes.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:59 PM   #223
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Is that the same Ben Collins that wrote kids' articles for the Mavs' website about 10 years ago? He was 12 or so at the time, I think.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #224
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

That Ben Collins needs to tap the breaks. Holy hell.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #225
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Still the best bday present I've gotten today. I'm just basking in it.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #226
DULLAH

DULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
mavs wouldnt of won if it wasnt for brewers spark.. one of the best coaching moves carlisle has made all season long
He hit a three, but his defense on Bryant was alot like Batum's defense on Dirk. Both Kobe and Dirk feel unstoppable against them.

I like Marion on Kobe the most of any matchup we have on him. As far as things Carlisle did, I liked his late 3rd and fourth quarter play calling ALOT> He seemed to really be in a groove keeping the lakers defense off balance, getting alot of good offensive situations for all our players.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #227
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

Still can't believe we won this one...

And omfg, is this CadBane guy 12 years old? He negrepped me and called me a dumbass for this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41creepingdeath View Post
He's 4-9 after starting out 4-5. That's not enough against the defending champions.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #228
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk can do no wrong in his eyes. I wish I could say you get used to it, but it's a beating.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #229
Axilla

Axilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of light

That SLAM article misquoted Phil also..

phil used a double-negative and said "i don't think the mavs DIDN'T outplay us"

slightly muttered, but i feel like all the mavs fans heard him clearly LOL
Old 05-03-2011, 03:22 PM   #230
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

This was the first win for the Mavs during this run where Dirk shot less than 10 free throws in a game.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #231
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Dirk can do no wrong in his eyes. I wish I could say you get used to it, but it's a beating.
Oh, I see. Whatever floats his boat.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #232
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Hey, good to see you Way Out West. I was curious as whether or not you would show uponce this series was set in stone.
I've become a very casual fan. I have not watched an entire Lakers game all year. I watched the fist half of game 1 Lakers/Mavs but I got side tracked and didn't get back to the game until 3 mins left in the 4th quarter. Hmmmmm.... seems like I've become a true Lakers fan...lol.

It was a surprising fact that that the Lakers/Mavs haven't met in the playoffs since 88. I remember that series, both teams held home court and the Lakers didn't really get fired up until Big Smooth Perkins took out Byron Scott. Looking forward to a great series, hope it stays injury and controversy free.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #233
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I never said people couldn't freely exchange opinions about Carlisle - where did you get that idea?

And NOBODY around here has ever claimed that Carlisle is "beyond reproach" - this forum almost never gives the guy credit when credit is due. Hell, there are several posters on this board whose favorite past time is calling for Carlisle's head whenever we lose a game, or at least bitching about his rotations when we do win.

Well screw them - last night Rick Carlisle out-coached the best coach in the NBA. I'm not saying he's a better coach than Jackson, but he was last night...
Carlisle was great last night. Great. Sorry if my post was slightly snarky, it wasn't necessarily directed at you.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #234
murry43

murry43 is on a distinguished road

Chandler is going to have to play harder if the Mavs are going to round 3. Kidd assisting Kobe to the ground was PRICELESS! The bench was great. Way to hang in there!!! The Lakers will beat themselves!! MFFL DFFL
murry43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #235
Axilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
This was the first win for the Mavs during this run where Dirk shot less than 10 free throws in a game.
Its not because Dirk wasn't aggressive or because he wasn't fouled, though.

The refs simply let them play. Portland had over 20 team fouls four times--the greatest being 26. LA only committed 17 and the game really seemed to have a different flow without all the stoppage.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #236
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41creepingdeath View Post
Oh, I see. Whatever floats his boat.
Do you enjoy talking to yourself?
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #237
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Including this one:

So a tremendously blatant moving pick is missed, jkiddo not only had to cover kobe but he had to do it while going over a violation. NBA refs are really bad sometimes. This would be a case where a challenge flag would have been needed. If Kobe hits that shot the lakers win by cheating and the Mavs would now be soft.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 05-03-2011 at 04:07 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #238
mavs777
Diamond Member

blackistone is an idiot
Old 05-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #239
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
So a tremendously blatant moving pick is missed, jkiddo not only had to cover kobe but he had to do it while going over a violation. NBA refs are really bad sometimes. This would be a case where a challenge flag would have been needed. If Kobe hits that shot the lakers win by cheating and the Mavs would now be soft.
I guess the league allows these guys to play out the early ones then take control later in the series when they would like to extend out series as long as possible...as Donaghy has said in the past.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #240
PartywithDirk

PartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to all

What a great freakin' game that was!

Is it me, or does anybody else want to puke when they hear Kobe say....oh, we're concerned, this team could beat us!!

Sounds so phoney...eh maybe it's just me.
PartywithDirk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#winning, better than sex, i'm horny now, no laker trolls tonite, rapers loss, return of the quack!, sex