Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result be?
Clippers in 7 0 0%
Clippers in 6 7 20.00%
Clippers in 5 4 11.43%
Clippers in 4 1 2.86%
Mavs in 3 6 17.14%
Mavs in 4 1 2.86%
Mavs in 5 4 11.43%
Mavs in 6 10 28.57%
Mavs in 7 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2021, 10:00 PM   #201
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

For some reason unbeknownst to me before this season, I thought Josh Richardson was a rangy big 3 & D guy. I didn't realize how slight of build he was. He always looked like the skinniest shortest guy on the floor with the exception of when JB was on the floor at the same time however JB is a lot thicker than JR. JR might not be tall, but at least he is skinny...

Last edited by Zeus; 06-11-2021 at 10:05 PM.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2021, 11:16 PM   #202
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
For some reason unbeknownst to me before this season, I thought Josh Richardson was a rangy big 3 & D guy. I didn't realize how slight of build he was. He always looked like the skinniest shortest guy on the floor with the exception of when JB was on the floor at the same time however JB is a lot thicker than JR. JR might not be tall, but at least he is skinny...
Said it last off-season and will again this off-season, Mavs need to add some strength to this team if they want to be built better for the POs.
I hope Green developers into a rotation player and can fill that Wright/JRich/Stevenson role because he seems to be pretty strong and has a frame that could get much stronger as he ages. If JRich opts in then hopefully we can move him for a bigger/stronger front court rotation player.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-11-2021 at 11:18 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 11:22 PM   #203
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Said it last off-season and will again this off-season, Mavs need to add some strength to this team if they want to be built better for the POs.
I hope Green developers into a rotation player and can fill that Wright/JRich/Stevenson role because he seems to be pretty strong and has a frame that could get much stronger as he ages. If JRich opts in then hopefully we can move him for a bigger/stronger front court rotation player.
I wonder why Crowder refused to comeback to Dallas.

He's the rugged defender type that RC mentioned his exit interview

When you look back at this past offseason the Mavs roster would have been shaped different had Crowder signed, Curry not been traded and Bey or Bane drafted.

I'd imagine those moves would probably have put Dallas over the top this post season vs the Clippers as opposed to watching someone like Richardson suck all year then up getting benched and Green not get playing time.

Both Curry and Crowder have been huge for their teams this post season.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 05:49 AM   #204
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post

When you look back at this past offseason the Mavs roster would have been shaped different had Crowder signed, Curry not been traded and Bey or Bane drafted.

I'd imagine those moves would probably have put Dallas over the top this post season vs the Clippers as opposed to watching someone like Richardson suck all year then up getting benched and Green not get playing time.

Wow - imagine how this team would have looked with Crowder, Curry and Saddiq Bey. Totally different outcome possible
Old 06-12-2021, 08:35 AM   #205
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wow - imagine how this team would have looked with Crowder, Curry and Saddiq Bey. Totally different outcome possible
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zeus again.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 08:36 AM   #206
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dallas41 again.
Old 06-12-2021, 01:39 PM   #207
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I think we know why Crowder didn’t come back. Didn’t we offer him a 1yr deal to keep powder dry for Giannis? I may be misremembering. If that’s the case it’s idiotic, crowder at MLE is exactly the kind of contract you want. Miami has been signing and swapping out guys of that ilk for years.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 02:39 PM   #208
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I think we know why Crowder didn’t come back. Didn’t we offer him a 1yr deal to keep powder dry for Giannis? I may be misremembering. If that’s the case it’s idiotic, crowder at MLE is exactly the kind of contract you want. Miami has been signing and swapping out guys of that ilk for years.
“Crowder said he wasn't able to envision himself as a long-term fit in the other teams he was hearing from in free agency. Crowder confirms it was Dallas offering him more money.”

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2...ing-less-money
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 02:46 PM   #209
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Crowder would've helped...Much needed toughness and size...what the hell we even get for him? He wasn't apart of the Rondo deal was he?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 03:22 PM   #210
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Crowder would've helped...Much needed toughness and size...what the hell we even get for him? He wasn't apart of the Rondo deal was he?
Powell deal*

But yes.

Boston will send Rajon Rondo and Dwight Powell to Dallas for Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, Jamar Nelson, 2015 first-round and future second.
Old 06-12-2021, 03:38 PM   #211
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Powell deal*

But yes.

Boston will send Rajon Rondo and Dwight Powell to Dallas for Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, Jamar Nelson, 2015 first-round and future second.
Ahh ok I forget why got Powell in that. Welp....won't say anything about that deal. I understand it at the time.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 06-12-2021 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-12-2021, 05:48 PM   #212
Zeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zeus again.
?????
Old 06-22-2021, 10:37 PM   #213
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
?????
Old 06-22-2021, 11:21 PM   #214
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
I don't know about a different outcome but they would've had some much needed toughness.....Hell they would be in a much better situation than now.....they'd at least have 3 tradeable pieces this offseason if need be.....that's huge.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:43 PM   #215
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I don't know about a different outcome but they would've had some much needed toughness.....Hell they would be in a much better situation than now.....they'd at least have 3 tradeable pieces this offseason if need be.....that's huge.
Mavs decided to give guys like Richard Jefferson, Wesley Matthews and Chandler Parson minutes over Crowder.

I never really understood that because Wes was coming back off achilles injury and Crowder was basically a younger version of Wes.

Parsons never impressed me and Jefferson was at the end of his career.

Crowder went on to be effective in several other places and might actually end up being in the Finals back 2 back years....

Just another example of why don't trade 2nd round picks for guys like Redick without doing your due diligence on them because sometimes those 2nd round picks can turn into a guy like Jae Crowder
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 12:12 AM   #216
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mavs decided to give guys like Richard Jefferson, Wesley Matthews and Chandler Parson minutes over Crowder.

I never really understood that because Wes was coming back off achilles injury and Crowder was basically a younger version of Wes.

Crowder went on to be effective in several other places and might actually end up being in the Finals back 2 back years....

Just another example of why don't trade 2nd round picks for guys like Redick without doing your due diligence on them because sometimes those 2nd round picks can turn into a guy like Jae Crowder
Jefferson was like a 43% 3pt shooter for us and before Rondo trade we had the best offense in the NBA. And Jefferson didn't take Crowder's mins he was brought in to take some of what we lost with Vince being gone. He only got 17mins a game it's not like he had 25+. Parsons we had JUST signed to a max deal. And Matthews wasn't even on the team it was Aminu, who was by far our best defender and played amazing for us in the playoffs. The argument iirc back then was less mins for Harris and Felton.

And I like Crowder but I disagree that he was a younger Wesley Matthews. I swear this board overrates who he is. He's a nice player but he's barely a 3 and D player. One time out of 12 yrs Wes has shot under 36% from 3... and that was this year as a shadow of himself at 34yrs old. Jae meanwhile has just 3 times of 8 yrs shot over 36%.

Edit-
And I went ahead and just looked... Jae was a 33% 3pt shooter for us. His 2 best seasons were both contract seasons before this year. He varies wildly from team to team from below 30% to 33% on average. So yeah he was not remotely a younger Wesley Matthews

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 06-23-2021 at 12:30 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:53 PM   #217
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:

I agree. Crowder should truthfully probably still be here....
Old 06-23-2021, 03:55 PM   #218
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Jefferson was like a 43% 3pt shooter for us and before Rondo trade we had the best offense in the NBA. And Jefferson didn't take Crowder's mins he was brought in to take some of what we lost with Vince being gone. He only got 17mins a game it's not like he had 25+. Parsons we had JUST signed to a max deal. And Matthews wasn't even on the team it was Aminu, who was by far our best defender and played amazing for us in the playoffs. The argument iirc back then was less mins for Harris and Felton.

And I like Crowder but I disagree that he was a younger Wesley Matthews. I swear this board overrates who he is. He's a nice player but he's barely a 3 and D player. One time out of 12 yrs Wes has shot under 36% from 3... and that was this year as a shadow of himself at 34yrs old. Jae meanwhile has just 3 times of 8 yrs shot over 36%.

Edit-
And I went ahead and just looked... Jae was a 33% 3pt shooter for us. His 2 best seasons were both contract seasons before this year. He varies wildly from team to team from below 30% to 33% on average. So yeah he was not remotely a younger Wesley Matthews
I don't know if you're talking about now or back when he was with the Mavs....but he's definitely a 3 and D type. And he has bounced around this league but its been for contenders. He's a hired assassin. He's expected to guard the opposing teams best player.

Don't think that's overrating him.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 06-23-2021 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:25 PM   #219
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
I don't know if you're talking about now or back when he was with the Mavs....but he's definitely a 3 and D type. And he has bounced around this league but its been for contenders. He's a hired assassin. He's expected to guard the opposing teams best player.

Are you talking about Crowder? He’s hardly a 3D guy. Like already stated he’s had 3 seasons where he shot over 35% from 3. Hes under 35% for his career. He’s an average role player at best.
Old 06-23-2021, 07:27 PM   #220
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The comment was in response to why we didn't give Jae more time over guys like RJeff and a non existent Wesly Matthews(wasn't on the roster) and claims that he was like a younger version of Wes. When Jae was with us he was 33%, And with the exception of 1 year in Boston and this 1 year with Phoenix he's a mediocre at best shooter. His defense is fine but comparing him as a Mav pre Rondo trade to Wes is ridiculous. Even when Wes did join us(after Crowder was gone) and was coming off his achillies and being forced to play a larger role because of Parsons injury he shot better than Jae as a Mav. And I remember those days we were all ripping Wes all the time.

We keep DFS, Kleber, and Brunson and we are too loyal to our guys. We trade a 33% 3pt shooter and we are idiots for not playing him more and giving him away.
Old 06-23-2021, 07:47 PM   #221
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:

Edit-
And they say hindsight is 20/20.
Old 06-23-2021, 08:25 PM   #222
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Ah look at what Bobby Portis is doing for Milwaukee. Another hindsight is 20/20 that we drafted Justin Anderson right before he was selected...ugh.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:52 PM   #223
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Ah look at what Bobby Portis is doing for Milwaukee. Another hindsight is 20/20 that we drafted Justin Anderson right before he was selected...ugh.
I mean you don't even have to fault them for passing him up on the draft. That guy has bounced around the league and I never understood why the Mavs were never interested.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:20 PM   #224
Zeus

Quote:
The comment was in response to why we didn't give Jae more time over guys like RJeff and a non existent Wesly Matthews(wasn't on the roster) and claims that he was like a younger version of Wes. When Jae was with us he was 33%, And with the exception of 1 year in Boston and this 1 year with Phoenix he's a mediocre at best shooter. His defense is fine but comparing him as a Mav pre Rondo trade to Wes is ridiculous. Even when Wes did join us(after Crowder was gone) and was coming off his achillies and being forced to play a larger role because of Parsons injury he shot better than Jae as a Mav. And I remember those days we were all ripping Wes all the time.

We keep DFS, Kleber, and Brunson and we are too loyal to our guys. We trade a 33% 3pt shooter and we are idiots for not playing him more and giving him away.
DFS, Kleber and Brunson might be the most overrated triumvirate by a local fanbase ever.

Last edited by Zeus; 06-23-2021 at 11:20 PM.
Old 06-24-2021, 03:26 PM   #225
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
DFS, Kleber and Brunson might be the most overrated triumvirate by a local fanbase ever.
Maybe Brunson is overrated since I do think he's got tunnel vision and doesn't really set up others like we would want from a backup pg. DFS though? Literally every team is looking for DFS type players. We wanted another one of him and gave up Seth and this board is still talking about how that was a bad trade. The Blazers wanted a 3 and D guy so badly they gave up 2 firsts for Covington. DFS has a deal where he is making 4m a year. How many teams would love to trade for him and then go over the cap to resign him next year? A lot... He has tons of value that's not a local fan take. Kleber I personally don't feel is overrated either. There are not a lot of good defenders who can shoot 40%+ on 3's at his size. I'll buy Brunson being overrated but the other 2 have as much value as any role-player.