Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-14-2003, 03:24 AM   #241
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Mavs vs. Rockets GAMEDAY!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by: NYCdog
Ahh..........this is going to be more interesting then anyone thinks..........

The Rockets are finally winning and the Rockets players are now finally buying into Van Gundy's concept of team ball and defense. Now they have one of the best defense's in the league currently. I should know, I was at the Rockets/Nets game a week back as they took over the game with there Van Gundy-like defense. In fact, if it wasnt for some foul calls commited by the Rocket bench players, the Nets would have ended up scoring only 66 points that night.

I am convinced that Van Gundy's message has already hit them up side there asses. And Defense wins championships.

For the Mavs, they have one of the best offenses in the league............on paper that is. If we can finally get some chemistry and consistency at it, then we will have the best offense in the league.

But for now, with our lack of clean solid chemistry and consistency, coupled with a youg defensive minded team with a chip on its shoulder walking in......................I will probably get lynched for this but......

Rockets....96
Mavs........87

On the defensive side of the ball, the Rockets will get in the Mavs faces tonight and probably cause disruption to a Mav ballclub that has yet to show consistent chemistry offensively. Also, Yao has been pretty scary of late and I feel tonight, you guys will really miss Raef's presence for Yao will probably dominate in the paint as he has done so far this season. He made Zo' his beeyatch at the Nets game by dunking on him on a couple occasions and scoring jumpers. Plus Cato is finally earning his money too and the Mavs have no one his (fat ass) size to match with him. So with these two giants throwing there weight and height around, it could be a long night...........

Hopefully I'm wrong...........but I feel this will be the "Van Gundy Defense era" Rockets coming out party tonight.

We shall see.........Good Luck

You were wrong. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Ain't it great? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2003, 11:04 AM   #242
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough

Bogey.............true I was Wrong

But not by much..........

My Prediction.........

Rockets....96
Mavs........87

The Final.......

Mavs........97
Rockets....86

In truth, I believe the Rockets were hurt by there injuries and suspensions. They were missing basicly all of there interior besides Yao in Mo (Smokin') Taylor and Eddie (Cryin' over lil girls) Griffin. And in this game it really showed when they were forced to play scrubs Toray Braggs and Scot Padgett most of the game. They cant play for shit. Plus, there missing shooters Erick Piatkowski and Adrian Griffin from their injuries too. Thus they were forced to play Bostjan Nachbar (Who?????) who really looked lost out there.

Oh Well, I still contend that once this team gets healthy and stops smokin the INDO, they will live up to my dark horse ranking I predict them to be.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:00 PM   #243
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mavs vs. Rockets GAMEDAY!!!

Well, to finish it up, Finley's vicious dunk was #1 on Sportscenter top 10 list[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2003, 12:10 PM   #244
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

yeah, that was wicked.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:13 PM   #245
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: FineCubanCigar
yeah, that was wicked.
Facials usually are. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2003, 12:34 PM   #246
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Our Mavs are 2 for 2 when I start the Gameday thread... I sure am lucky... Yah me!

Well, actually, Yah Mavs!!!
Old 11-14-2003, 01:31 PM   #247
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

better start rolling out of bed around 5 am to start the damn threads![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2003, 03:09 PM   #248
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

could it be that you have started threads for home games?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 03:17 PM   #249
Day1MavsFan

Day1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: NYCdog
Bogey.............true I was Wrong

But not by much..........

My Prediction.........

Rockets....96
Mavs........87

The Final.......

Mavs........97
Rockets....86

In truth, I believe the Rockets were hurt by there injuries and suspensions. They were missing basicly all of there interior besides Yao in Mo (Smokin') Taylor and Eddie (Cryin' over lil girls) Griffin. And in this game it really showed when they were forced to play scrubs Toray Braggs and Scot Padgett most of the game. They cant play for shit. Plus, there missing shooters Erick Piatkowski and Adrian Griffin from their injuries too. Thus they were forced to play Bostjan Nachbar (Who?????) who really looked lost out there.

Oh Well, I still contend that once this team gets healthy and stops smokin the INDO, they will live up to my dark horse ranking I predict them to be.
You were wrong, NOT BY MUCH!!!??? Last time I checked, there was a HUGE difference between a 10 point win and a 10 point loss! Not only that, but we were up by 18 with 2 minutes to go. When starters go to the bench and scrubs hit the floor, it just aint that close, no matter how you slice it. Adrian Griffin a shooter? Hey, I love the guy, but let's not get carried away. You are right about one thing, the Rockets will be good.
Day1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 07:07 PM   #250
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough

Quote:
You were wrong, NOT BY MUCH!!!??? Last time I checked, there was a HUGE difference between a 10 point win and a 10 point loss!
I wasnt eluding to the point differential in the score, BUT I was refering to the actual NUMBERS THEMSELVES!

My Prediction.........

Rockets....96
Mavs........87

The Final.......

Mavs........97
Rockets....86

Just FLIP the numbers and teams around and there you have it. Think horse racing, its not exact, but in any combination its a winning bet.

The way I figure it with my luck (or lack thereof), the next time I make a prediction, expect the exact opposite to happen.

If I say Mavs win 93-84, then EXPECT the Mavs to lose 94-83!

Now do you see what I am getting at????

I thought that was pretty cool.